Homosexuality ( edited title )

Craigieboy

Nothing against gays but its the ones that have to make sure everyone knows that they are gay that get up my nose.:eek:

Well as long as it is just your nose then you'll be fine...:rolleyes:

Got 2 gay/bi(greedy) guys at school who have 'came out' and both wear typical fancey thin ties and skinny jeans with a pair of sketchers and a weird haircut to go. One of them has now suddenly gather 'the voice' over the last year. He has boy friends (note the space) and female mates too. Now I'm certianly not an expert but I fail to see how his voice has changed in the last year

CompleteIdiot
Got 2 gay/bi(greedy) guys at school who have 'came out' and both wear typical fancey thin ties and skinny jeans with a pair of sketchers and a weird haircut to go. One of them has now suddenly gather 'the voice' over the last year. He has boy friends (note the space) and female mates too. Now I'm certianly not an expert but I fail to see how his voice has changed in the last year

That's puberty. You'll also experience it when you are old enough.

Affecting characteristics (some would argue stereotypes) of social groups is not just a gay thing. It happens in all walks of life from simple body language to perhaps more obvious things e.g. accent. Could it not be a sort of "badge of belonging"?

I P Knightley
The bible says its wrong!;)

Serious question here - does the bible actually say anything about homosexuality?

I may be getting mixed up with another issue but I seem to recall hearing that there wasn't anything specifically written against homosexuality.

Sure but why is this happeneing in parallel to his own 'self finding'.

Because it is an ascertation of his sexuality.

By talking in a camp way he is publicising his homosexuality without having to say to everyone he meets, "I'm gay".

It could also be a subconcious reaction to his homosexuality too, to make him feel more secure with his sexuality. He thinks therefore he is, sort of...(did that make sense?)

alwaysthereinspirit
I think that perhaps some people have a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality, but I think some make a choice too.

I liked when Jimmy Carr was asked to judge Mr Gay UK, he said, "it's against nature, it's against God and they're going to hell".

Sounds like Mad Vlad talking about agents.

One of my mates was the same.

Was always a little camp, but when he (officially) came out he went hell for leather on it.

Unless they have been supressing it the whole time.

Both...... some cant help it some put on an act to be part of a crowd, scene, some are just ugly ahd cant get it any other way :P

Vlad_Knows_Best
Is it genetic or a choice of lifestyle?

I am so glad that a member of KB feels that he can come on here and ask us questions that can help him to come to terms with his sexuality.

Good on you mate. :girl_hug:

Both...... some cant help it some put on an act to be part of a crowd, scene, some are just ugly ahd cant get it any other way :P

Says CC Bloom's finest.:eek:

Commander Harris
I've seen on the TV where they interfere in the lives of heterosexual couples and tell the woman that their man isn't fashionable enough.

It isn't enough that their sexual relationships are pointless and wrong. They have to spread their effemininity around so women think only gays are real men thus destroying the functioning of society.

They destroyed fashion too by making women think that the ideal woman is a woman that looks like a skinny boy without a willy.

I think feminism is probably more to blame for that than homosexuality.

Says CC Bloom's finest.:eek:

You wish mate...

heard you've been pestering Andy68 for my number and if I;d be up for some salad... what ever that means.

Having a child does not make a straight man WK.

I've never asked Big Andy for your number mate.

Wishful thinking on your part bum boy.

Denial will end in trouble WK. :P

Hand on heart I have never asked the big fool for your number.

You been taking too many mushrooms again creative monkey?

Hand on heart I have never asked the big fool for your number.

You been taking too many mushrooms again creative monkey?

Hahaha, I must be some one else! ;)

Sorry man... pullin yer leg.. mushrooms nope, bevie aye, couple of pints at lunch.... got a simple afternoon ahead.

Homosexuality has only been taboo in western society since the adoption of monotheistic judeo/christian faiths in the late imperial period of Rome.

The ancient world didn't have any issues with homosexuality at all - sex as a whole was seen far more as a day to day bodily function like eating and sleeping - it was perfectly acceptable to display it and to act it out in public.

to a Roman, the issue wasn't so much whether or not you liked other blerks but whether or not you were a stabeur or a stabee!!!

however, I do think there is a real difference between homosexuality and bisexuality and many ancients were bisexual in the modern sense of the word as there was nothing 'wrong' with sleeping with other blerks provided you weren't on the receiving end.

I do think that homosexuality is a product of environment and genetics - probably more genetics than environment but just because somone has the genetic predisposition to be 'gay' doesn't mean that they will necessarily end up as practicing homosexuals.

why don't you ask a Hibernian fan?

CompleteIdiot
Homosexuality has only been taboo in western society since the adoption of monotheistic judeo/christian faiths in the late imperial period of Rome.

The ancient world didn't have any issues with homosexuality at all - sex as a whole was seen far more as a day to day bodily function like eating and sleeping - it was perfectly acceptable to display it and to act it out in public.

to a Roman, the issue wasn't so much whether or not you liked other blerks but whether or not you were a stabeur or a stabee!!!

however, I do think there is a real difference between homosexuality and bisexuality and many ancients were bisexual in the modern sense of the word as there was nothing 'wrong' with sleeping with other blerks provided you weren't on the receiving end.

I do think that homosexuality is a product of environment and genetics - probably more genetics than environment but just because somone has the genetic predisposition to be 'gay' doesn't mean that they will necessarily end up as practicing homosexuals.

why don't you ask a Hibernian fan?

Paedophillia is an ancient Greek word.

If it was in ancient Greece, it's okay to do today according to namby pamby liberals.

How many gay people do you actually know ?

I've known/know gays who you would never ID in a million years , who don't mince about and who don't wear gold lamme when they go for a pint.

Thats cheating.

As Homer Simpson says " I like my beer cold,my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming!"

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Thats cheating.

As Homer Simpson says " I like my beer cold,my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming!"

Homer is a very wise man :)

The People's Chimp

Nowt wrong with a skinny black tie.

Paedophillia is an ancient Greek word.

If it was in ancient Greece, it's okay to do today according to namby pamby liberals.

I've never thought of priests as "namby pamby liberals" but there you go...

You miss the point completely about the Greeks, but I'm not really that surprised. You'll be advocating the wearing of pink triangles for homosexuals next. Only a small step before yellow stars.

Ratzinger would be pwoud, so vewy pwoud.

I don't think it is genetic or necessarily "choice". I think it is predominantly psychological, although I have no doubt there are instances where choice comes into it i.e people who like to fulfill the role of stereotype.

Not necessarily an example of this, but certainly along those lines was a bloke I know who went off to uni and came back out of the closet. Suddenly his voice had changed to a whine, his hand gestures were exagerated and he loved steps and abba. He clearly chose to fit the stereotype! :cheer1:

If you are bisexual you double your chances ! Seems like a sensible choice. I might give it a go.

Hello Boys ;)

If you are bisexual you double your chances ! Seems like a sensible choice. I might give it a go.

Hello Boys ;)

edward.jpg

POOFTER EH!?

Cardiac Rucksack
I don't think it is genetic or necessarily "choice". I think it is predominantly psychological, although I have no doubt there are instances where choice comes into it i.e people who like to fulfill the role of stereotype.

Not necessarily an example of this, but certainly along those lines was a bloke I know who went off to uni and came back out of the closet. Suddenly his voice had changed to a whine, his hand gestures were exagerated and he loved steps and abba. He clearly chose to fit the stereotype! :cheer1:

This happened with Kenny Deuchars wee brother who was the year above me at school, thought he was the ladies man at school then one year at uni and he was as camp as a row of pink tents. A gayer man you could not meet.

Commander Harris

I also knew a guy from uni who did that. One day you wouldn't have guessed he was gay in a million years, next day he comes in with a whole new wardrobe, starts behaving differently, speaking differently etc.

Like JT said earlier, it makes you wonder whether he was kidding himself more earlier on or afterwards.

Or possibly he chose to give up playing up to his idea of a straight stereotype and instead relax and act natural?

CompleteIdiot
Or possibly he chose to give up playing up to his idea of a straight stereotype and instead relax and act natural?

Maybe being reamed by throbbers gives you a lisp and an unusual pitch to your voice?

All speculation of course.

No idea why to be honest, I tend to Judge people by their actions/Personality rather than their Sexuality

Congratulations, we have our first Moral High Ground post of the thread!

I've never understood homophobia, i'll be honest. Even on a practical level, surely all those who think it's wrong should be happy that the ratio of available women is increased by gay guys? It's no like it affects you unless you're worried that a few drinks too many and you can be turned.

It's certainly not a lifestyle choice though.

Congratulations, we have our first Moral High Ground post of the thread!

yeah, what a terrible place to be..... :rolleyes:

I've never understood homophobia, i'll be honest. Even on a practical level, surely all those who think it's wrong should be happy that the ratio of available women is increased by gay guys? It's no like it affects you unless you're worried that a few drinks too many and you can be turned.

It's certainly not a lifestyle choice though.

Lesbians?

Its "learned behaviour" that determines your sexuality. We are all born assexual. Freud even thought that we are born bisexual.

Most people learn from the parents and their strongest pull is towards heterosexuality. Some people experience a "trigger" usually in very early life and usually apparently insignificant and non traumatic. The trigger alters the course of their sexuality.

Much more complex that that of course. A summary of something I read once.

Goin off on a slight tangent, does anyone think that society is turning them into homophobes?

Let me explain.....

I've never had a problem with gays. Each to their own an all that. I'm quite a liberal guy, if someone is into that sort of thing then good luck to them.

Thing is tho, the more and more the "gay" way of life is pushed into the mainstream, the more and more annoyed i get with it all.

Lets remember that as recently as 50 years ago, you could get the jail for being gay. Now tho? Unless you (pardon the pun) bend over backwards to welcome all things "gay" into life in general, you're deemed homophobic.

Let me give you two examples with have really really stuck with me....

During one of these "Top 100" shows (mustve been the "Top 100 kids shows") a piece about "He-Man" came on. The piece basically consisted of 4 or 5 gay "comics" telling us how the whole "He Man" show was "like, totally gay obsessed"! Cue remarks about He Mans shorts, skeletors build (?) etc etc, and the programme was happy to play along with the line that "He-man" was full of gay connotations........eh, naw it wasnt ye phannies. He man was my fav cartoon when i was a wee boy, and it really ****es me off that these erseholes have to throw a "gay" veil around it. GTF.

Another was the Dukes of Hazzard. Now, I never watch Graham norton (not cos he's gay, just cos he's about as funny as cancer) but I noticed the other week he was presenting a "dukes of hazzard" special. So I tuned in. What a letdown. Norton had Bo, Luke and Daisy in the studio, and then dragged in some gay singer to sing a song about how he wanted to shag Bo and Luke, and how gay the effin CAR was!

Two wee examples of how the whole "gay" thing is creeping into my life, and as a result, I am more inclined to say "Gays? GTF".

But I consider myself quite liberal.....so whats that all about?

This may be a long post, but this subject really gets on my tits. and I am pished.

Agree with the post above - it's fashionable to be gay these days. In fact, it appears to be impossible to get on the box unless you are gay or at least very camp.

I have been accused of being a homophobe in the past and I do not have any gay friends at the moment (although I deal with many gay people at work). The reason I don't have gay friends? I have nothing in common with them. Simple as that. I have never met a gay bloke who has the same likes/dislikes and pastimes as me. Does this make me a homophobe? I think not!

Agree with the post above - it's fashionable to be gay these days. In fact, it appears to be impossible to get on the box unless you are gay or at least very camp.

I have been accused of being a homophobe in the past and I do not have any gay friends at the moment (although I deal with many gay people at work). The reason I don't have gay friends? I have nothing in common with them. Simple as that. I have never met a gay bloke who has the same likes/dislikes and pastimes as me. Does this make me a homophobe? I think not!

I have been on TV 3 times.

Should I be worried......................:eek:

I say "each to their own". And I liked the Dukes of Hazzard.

boysbg.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Archived