Homosexuality ( edited title )

Craigieboy

Commander Harris

quite possibly both. There may be a genetic aspect to the way one feels inclined but it is a choice to take part in sexual activity, be that homosexual or heterosexual.

I think people are a product of their environment.

The reason gay men sometimes talk funny, is because they are more likely to hang out with girls, so their tone of voice has female characteristics.

Clearly genetic but not hereditary (obviously) anyone who thinks it is a lifestyle choice is a fool.

However it is not something to be scoffed at. People are different to each other and always have been.

I think that perhaps some people have a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality, but I think some make a choice too.

I liked when Jimmy Carr was asked to judge Mr Gay UK, he said, "it's against nature, it's against God and they're going to hell".

I think that perhaps some people have a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality, but I think some make a choice too.

Utter nonsense.

I have many gay friends and have no problem with that. However I couldn't consider sexual contact with another man (and I don't mean bumfun). To say someone could consider that as a choice based on fashion etc is ridiculous. People have a sexuality whatever that may be but they are born with it, it isn't imposed by society or peer pressure. They may have an internal dialogue as a confused teenager but their true self comes out.

Funny, I just watched Loius Theroux's documentary in San Quentin where he interviewed a 38 year old who had been married for 13 years, but after getting a lengthy prison sentence 'discovered' he was gay and began a relationship with another man.

At what point in his life was he kidding himself then?

CompleteIdiot
Utter nonsense.

I have many gay friends and have no problem with that. However I couldn't consider sexual contact with another man (and I don't mean bumfun). To say someone could consider that as a choice based on fashion etc is ridiculous. People have a sexuality whatever that may be but they are born with it, it isn't imposed by society or peer pressure. They may have an internal dialogue as a confused teenager but their true self comes out.

If it isn't a fashion thing, why are gays so obsessed with fashion?

Funny, I just watched Loius Theroux's documentary in San Quentin where he interviewed a 38 year old who had been married for 13 years, but after getting a lengthy prison sentence 'discovered' he was gay and began a relationship with another man.

They had a completely non sexual relationship.

I know gay people that are not obsessed with fashion.

Do you not think it's just a feminine thing that some gay guys have rather than an accurate stereotype?

How many gay people do you actually know ?

I've known/know gays who you would never ID in a million years , who don't mince about and who don't wear gold lamme when they go for a pint.

That bit was mental. I think he must have been always gay to get involved with a relationship like that.

CompleteIdiot
How many gay people do you actually know ?

I've known/know gays who you would never ID in a million years , who don't mince about and who don't wear gold lamme when they go for a pint.

I have never knowingly met a gay person in my life.

CompleteIdiot
I know gay people that are not obsessed with fashion.

Do you not think it's just a feminine thing that some gay guys have rather than an accurate stereotype?

I bet that's because they think it is rustic and ?ber-fashionable not to follow mainstream fashion.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

You have to start getting worried when they buy curtains that match their shoes though. :)

They had a completely non sexual relationship.

You said it wasn't about bumfun!

Also the only reason their relationship was non sexual at that point was that they hadn't been allowed to share a cell yet. It was clear that when they did their relationship would become physical.

So at which point in his life was he true to his genetic sexuality?

The fact is that within many all male environments homosexual behaviour becomes far more common than in mixed society, whether that's prisons, public schools, or in the navy.

I have never knowingly met a gay person in my life.

And yet you say .....

Hmmm.

Serious question, prompted by the thread.

Why is there a larger proportion of the population choosing to make their home with a member of the same sex, yes, including the physical side of things, than there was, say, 50 years ago ?

Changes to Legislation, making it more acceptable?

A more liberal Society?

Oestrogen in the water supply?

Chemicals in the environment, particularly plastics?

All four of these have been cited as factors.

Let's face it, same-sex-action has been around for ever and ever, and happens plenty in middle eastern countries (just look at the Kit Runner film), but more it seems as a method of abuse, or instead of giving someone a kicking ...

But why is it more prevalent these days in the educated, comfortable, wealthy "West" (for want of a better definition) ?

Hmmm.

Serious question, prompted by the thread.

Why is there a larger proportion of the population choosing to make their home with a member of the same sex, yes, including the physical side of things, than there was, say, 50 years ago ?

Changes to Legislation, making it more acceptable?

A more liberal Society?

Oestrogen in the water supply?

Chemicals in the environment, particularly plastics?

All four of these have been cited as factors.

Let's face it, same-sex-action has been around for ever and ever, and happens plenty in middle eastern countries (just look at the Kit Runner film), but more it seems as a method of abuse, or instead of giving someone a kicking ...

But why is it more prevalent these days in the educated, comfortable, wealthy "West" (for want of a better definition) ?

I think you answer your own question at the end earlier on in your post.

It may seem more prevalent now because homosexuality is more accetable. The decline in the control of society's morals by religious morality, which demonised homosexuality, means that people are perhaps now more open minded about an individuals sexuality.

More homosexuals are willing to "come out" now as the fear of persecution has by and large been removed.

Therefore it isn't that there are more homosexuals, rather that homosexuals themselves are able to be open about their sexuality.

It's strange, but it doesn't make either biblical or Darwinian/Dawkinsian sense, unless it is some subtle way to reduce the size of the population.

Interested to hear what the religious types on here have to say.

It's strange, but it doesn't make either biblical or Darwinian/Dawkinsian sense, unless it is some subtle way to reduce the size of the population.

Interested to hear what the religious types on here have to say.

If you go back to the Greeks, they thought of homosexuality as the purest form of love, simply as there was no end product i.e. a child.

They were aware of the need to populate, and women were used as such for that purpose, however the male dominated society thatw as ancient Greece revelled in all things masculine.

I think you answer your own question at the end earlier on in your post.

It may seem more prevalent now because homosexuality is more accetable. The decline in the control of society's morals by religious morality, which demonised homosexuality, means that people are perhaps now more open minded about an individuals sexuality.

More homosexuals are willing to "come out" now as the fear of persecution has by and large been removed.

Therefore it isn't that there are more homosexuals, rather that homosexuals themselves are able to be open about their sexuality.

Fair enough, and that is the obvious answer, but is it all?

E.g. in, say, the Middle Ages was homosexuality prevalent, at a time when things were pretty lawless in the shires ... or, in the "Wild West" ?

Does anyone think that there are significant environmental factors?

I know it is controversial, but in my view, I am pretty sure there are.

Fair enough, and that is the obvious answer, but is it all?

E.g. in, say, the Middle Ages was homosexuality prevalent, at a time when things were pretty lawless in the shires ... or, in the "Wild West" ?

Does anyone think that there are significant environmental factors?

I know it is controversial, but in my view, I am pretty sure there are.

Depends by what you mean by prevalent. Yes there were homosexuals. Always have been, always will be. Whether they were "out" or not is probably more to the point. If their sexuality was hidden for fear of persecution that can skew any sense of prevelance, surely?

I understand.

It's like the fact that wearing ties is a fairly recent convention, and being clean-shaven also ...

I understand.

It's like the fact that wearing ties is a fairly recent convention, and being clean-shaven also ...

I rarely wear a tie and haven't been clean shaven for about a decade. Does this mean I'm gay?

Confused of Dalry

:confused:

CompleteIdiot
And yet you say .....

I've seen on the TV where they interfere in the lives of heterosexual couples and tell the woman that their man isn't fashionable enough.

It isn't enough that their sexual relationships are pointless and wrong. They have to spread their effemininity around so women think only gays are real men thus destroying the functioning of society.

They destroyed fashion too by making women think that the ideal woman is a woman that looks like a skinny boy without a willy.

It isn't enough that their sexual relationships are pointless and wrong. They have to spread their effemininity around so women think only gays are real men thus destroying the functioning of society.

Er...you are joking, right?

CompleteIdiot
Er...you are joking, right?

You just remember that when men are banned from drinking beer and watching sport.

Miller Jambo 60
You just remember that when men are banned from drinking beer and watching sport.

Nothing against gays but its the ones that have to make sure everyone knows that they are gay that get up my nose.:eek:

Archived