• Cruyff

• OTT

• feej

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McGlynn The Money
21 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

We would be as well signing Michael Crawford as well

The Frank Spencer Michael Crawford or The Phantom of the Opera Michael Crawford?

Edited by McGlynn The Money

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The Frank Spencer Michael Crawford or The Phantom of the Opera Michael Crawford?

It's the same person, although the Phantom of the opera is 2 faced so Frank it is, mmm Betty 

McGlynn The Money
Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

It's the same person, although the Phantom of the opera is 2 faced so Frank it is, mmm Betty 

I'm well aware it's the same person. I bow to no man, no man, in my knowledge of Michael Crawford.

Not that you asked but for me it's The Phantom of the Opera Michael Crawford, every day of the week.

7 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

Ali Crawford - at Bo’ness United about 9/10 years ago

Joe Savage - at BU’s about8/9 years ago

Just saying

Joe savage worked at Hamilton with Alex Neil. Crawford played at Hamilton also. Was that around the same time too?

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Joe savage worked at Hamilton with Alex Neil. Crawford played at Hamilton also. Was that around the same time too?

Probably and other connection Accies/ BU’s was Allan McGonigall - BU manager and Accies Director of Football -

quite a few players loaned to BU from Accies eg Jai Qutongo

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

Ali Crawford - at Bo’ness United about 9/10 years ago

Joe Savage - at BU’s about8/9 years ago

Just saying

Good spot but I looked it up, Crawford had been away 2 years after a half season loan when Savage arrived at BU's.

19 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Savage was chief scout from 2012-15 for Accies, Crawford was there the whole time right enough.

I hope our brave soldiers and their commanding leaders have got over their last blip and are eagerly anticipating their next one on Saturday.

They clearly need to work on square passing in their own half.

Regan Hendry would interest me. Only 23 and getting rave reports from Raith fans.

Got to be looking for young hungry players ready to make a step up. Stevo/Webster types.

Cannot develop Crawford, can develop Hendry.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Every time I see his name I think of Ali Campbell. I can’t even help it, like some sort of mental block. 

Keep up, laddie

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

My main concern here is that we've confused Alan Campbell at Motherwell, who'd be a great signing, with Ali Crawford.

There's an outside chance we sign Ali Campbell by mistake.  At least he could sing Rat in my Kitchen to Hibs.

9 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I'm well aware it's the same person. I bow to no man, no man, in my knowledge of Michael Crawford.

Not that you asked but for me it's The Phantom of the Opera Michael Crawford, every day of the week.

Has to be really, can you imagine Frank Spencer Michael Crawford having to repeatedly run over to the crowd mid-match to make sure Betty wasn't about to have a meltdown over something relatively trivial, not to mention the risk of him coming out for the second half out of control on roller skates? And don't get me started on the bother Jessica or his irate neighbour could cause!

Shows our ambition ( none ) if true but more to the point sanctioning signings for Robbie which isn't good and  means no matter what it looks like he is staying.

Howdy Doody Jambo
9 hours ago, OTT said:

Regan Hendry would interest me. Only 23 and getting rave reports from Raith fans.

Got to be looking for young hungry players ready to make a step up. Stevo/Webster types.

Cannot develop Crawford, can develop Hendry.

But do we have good coaches at Hearts to develop potential? Regan looks like the player that makes Raith tick and has it all in his locker at 23 he should be looking to step up into the premiership which may be a test for him, wouldn't cost too much, improve our squad and give competion in centre mid

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

But do we have good coaches at Hearts to develop potential? Regan looks like the player that makes Raith tick and has it all in his locker at 23 he should be looking to step up into the premiership which may be a test for him, wouldn't cost too much, improve our squad and give competion in centre mid

Like the look of him and the lad MacGregor at ICT, unfortunately we don't seem to favour that route. These are the types Hibs snap up whilst were chasing injured or oldies.

10 minutes ago, feej said:

Like the look of him and the lad MacGregor at ICT, unfortunately we don't seem to favour that route. These are the types Hibs snap up whilst were chasing injured or oldies.

That’s exactly why it’s not only the first team management that needs a total revamp, but the whole structure at Riccarton. Levein was supposed to have been doing this, but it’s always looked like the old boys network just stayed in place and no fresh ideas where brought in. Our recruitment has in the main been dreadful for years. That needs to change.

Edited by Deevers

Under this regime Cameron, Weir, McCann, Hamilton would all have ended up in Restalrig.

Edited by DETTY29

My hope is that this whole thing Ann is doing is purely about protecting Neilsons reputation and he'll slink off in the summer quietly and hopefully Alex Neil will take up the reigns - who can actually work with young players. 

I'd say based on reports the laddie sounds a hidden gem and only 23 plus he's on a free - Raith didn't have him at youth level so I'm not sure what that does to the develop fee?

Vlad the impaler

I remember at the start of the January window Neilson was all over the press saying its important to come out of transfer windows stronger than you went in. ........When does this start?

21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That’s exactly why it’s not only the first team management that needs a total revamp, but the whole structure at Riccarton. Levein was supposed to have been doing this, but it’s always looked like the old boys network just stayed in place and no fresh ideas where brought in. Our recruitment has in the main been dreadful for years. That needs to change.

Agreed and it needs to change now before we're left behind again scouring the "free to a good home" section.

11 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I remember at the start of the January window Neilson was all over the press saying its important to come out of transfer windows stronger than you went in. ........When does this start?

Neilson also said, that one of reasons he came to Hearts was because we had a quality squad. :rofl: 

He talks pure shite. 

12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I think the only way Crawford we should be signing Crawford is if Neil is coming in and he wants a couple of familiar faces to guide expectations and style of play within the squad. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

My hope is that this whole thing Ann is doing is purely about protecting Neilsons reputation and he'll slink off in the summer quietly and hopefully Alex Neil will take up the reigns - who can actually work with young players. 

I'd say based on reports the laddie sounds a hidden gem and only 23 plus he's on a free - Raith didn't have him at youth level so I'm not sure what that does to the develop fee?

Hope you're right,

Savage will be aware of Regan and will be interesting a few club's, would be worth giving him a chance 

May one-six
57 minutes ago, feej said:

Agree with this. MacGregor looks as if he could develop into a very good player. Mind you, I'd be hoping that Robbo would tip us the wink on any promising youngsters at ICT who are almost ready to move on.

31 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Agree with this. MacGregor looks as if he could develop into a very good player. Mind you, I'd be hoping that Robbo would tip us the wink on any promising youngsters at ICT who are almost ready to move on.

Hope you're right, this guy seems to go box to box, plenty energy and talent, don't what his contract situation is though.

KyleLafferty

Said for long enough we should sign the best championship players who would work their bollocks off to be at hearts. They will have the correct mentality and feel Privileged to be at hearts, like Stevenson was.

15 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

We'd no doubt end up with Condorman Michael Crawford!! 

Borders Jambo
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Said for long enough we should sign the best championship players who would work their bollocks off to be at hearts. They will have the correct mentality and feel Privileged to be at hearts, like Stevenson was.

Completely agree.  I want hungry young players who want to prove themselves with us and then if they move on, we may get a fee for them.

Its truly not rocket science

Japan Jambo
7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

We would be better signing Ali Baba to go along with the 40 wage thieves.

Well I enjoyed it!!

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Yes , that would seem a sensible strategy. Hibs did it with Nisbet, and now Gullan on loan at Raith is showing he could be a  decent striker for them.

Regan Hendry was a Hutchie Vale boy - not sure if we were interested in him at the time, but Celtic  must have seen something in him to  keep him for  several years.

Lewis Vaughan was getting good reviews until he got a bad injury a few yeas ago, but he seems to be back in among the goals now at Raith.   

It would seem that Raith's recruitment record has been ahead of ours for a quite a while. Especially for  strikers/forwards.

What's the latest about ALi Crawford ?    Has he signed, or is it just   "ITK"  nonsense ?

Edited by Lone Striker

Just now, Borders Jambo said:

Completely agree.  I want hungry young players who want to prove themselves with us and then if they move on, we may get a fee for them.

Its truly not rocket science

Yip. We used to do that before. There are a few half decent young players in the Championship/lower Premiership and that market has done us pretty well previously. Few years back, I mind naming about four players that could be interesting to keep an eye on, one of them was John McGinn and look what happened there. The latest one that stands out for me at St Mirren is McGrath. He'll not be there for too long and i'd like to think that Hearts would have some interest if he was to become available.

It's always worth keeping an eye on the Fife clubs and we've done well with Raith in the past with Cameron. We got Frail, Hamilton and McCann from Dundee, Hartley from St Johnstone, Souttar from Dundee Utd and there are others, Levein from Cowdenbeath, Webster from Arbroath so we should be scouting the best young players available and not lose out to the Hibs and Aberdeens of this world. Buy the best young players and produce a few Alan McLaren's, Scott Crabbe's, Paul Ritchie's etc and you have the base to then add a bit of quality from abroad like Adam, Salvatori, Flogel etc. 

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, feej said:

Or absolute imposters, ie 💩

Auld Reekin'
8 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

We would be better signing Ali Baba to go along with the 40 wage thieves.

:) :thumbsup:

Well, we've already got Robbie Scheherezade who presumably spends all of his time telling more and more implausible fairy stories to Queen Ann so that she won't give him the chop.  :1132:  :behead:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

19 hours ago, Smithee said:

Good spot but I looked it up, Crawford had been away 2 years after a half season loan when Savage arrived at BU's.

Savage was chief scout from 2012-15 for Accies, Crawford was there the whole time right enough.

See many BU games and remember both playing at Newtown Park - didn’t think they played in same team but came ( relatively ) close

interestingly on BU theme Scott Pitman went from Bo’ness to Livingston and has stayed in the side continuously since signing and he looks better than some of our midfielders signed during that period

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

With hindsight we should have done that this season, as well as blooding more youngsters. We might not have got so far in front in the league so quickly (in fact we might have been in a. real title battle), but we probably would have seen more desire from the players and fans might have felt more of a connection to the team as a result (although that's still hard to do when watching all the games on TV).

We've got guys in the team who are clearly having a hard time getting themselves up for games against a much lower level of team in empty stadiums. I thought that would be enough to get us out this league pronto (it still will) but I expected better cup runs in the LC and this year's SC, and I didn't think the poor league form would continue for as long. The cup has been a real weakness of Neilson as Hearts manager both times, the Hibs and Celtic games this season aside. The league is always the most important thing but Brora was a disgrace. We should have been as up for that as we were for the first Dundee game of the season. Even when we were shite under Doddie in the old First Division, we had some good cup runs. Very disappointing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 30/03/2021 at 00:04, sadj said:

No he wasn’t signed as he would only have been taken if Naismith didn’t sign. As Naismith did we didn’t offer him a contract. Tbf Crawford or Naismith , this place would have its normal meltdown if we’d chosen to go the other way around

Stop being so ****ing sensible sadj!

31 minutes ago, Locky said:

Stop being so ****ing sensible sadj!

Haha sorry pal! Its getting harder , between Hans thread and watching Scotland win comfortably I don’t know whats right and wrong anymore 😉

22 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Ross Callachan is a great example of this, albeit a massive Jambo.

he had the work rate of Don Cowie but was not at Premier league level - at the time. Always thought ditching him after a year was harsh, look at him flying in a poor Hamilton team now, how we could do with a player like him bombing about in the middle of the park...