Ali Crawford

_maroonplatoon

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Sherbet said:

nobody should be getting signed for next season  if this is true then budge has obviously backed neilsen and effectively telling the fans to GTF

Exactly.....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff

• OTT

• feej

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

This is the point for me.  He needs to go and we need to be building for next season.  The longer we leave it, the less prep we have for next season as we don't know what his successor wants.

Quite frankly a competent, POSITIVE manager could take our current squad comfortably to top 6, maybe even higher, and also give us some entertainment on the way.  We all know Robbie has little chance of the former, and zero chance of the latter.

Where I'm at @TheBigO

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Neilson will be here next season he will get sacked when its to late to save our season 

Resulting in another transitional season. Budge learned nothing from the issues caused by allowing Levein to stay on too long.

Get the **** out and take Robbie with you!!

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

My main concern here is that we've confused Alan Campbell at Motherwell, who'd be a great signing, with Ali Crawford.

There's an outside chance we sign Ali Campbell by mistake.  At least he could sing Rat in my Kitchen to Hibs.

...and hand Neilson his UB40.

Would've been fairly positive had we signed Crawford the first time around instead of /  as well as Naismith but see little point in doing so now, leaving aside the implications of Budge giving Neilson more pish up against the wall.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

SuperstarSteve
13 hours ago, iainmac said:

I'm sure we had him on trial vs Arbroath away in a pre- season friendly but never offered him a contract because we signed Naismith?

Signed edwards instead from what I remember. 
Naismith then became available and rather than pay Celtic money for hickey. We used it to get Naismith and in return they got 30% sell on. 

56 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Neilson will be here next season he will get sacked when its to late to save our season 

And the next manager inherits his failing team

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

A 30 year old Ali Crawford. Jesus. Maybe I'm being naive and living in the past, but guys who can't get a game for a fifth tier English side (edit, scrap this, they're doing a bit better now than I thought. I'd still rather see the youngsters though) are not good enough for a Scottish club that should be aiming for top 4 and Europa League every season. If that's where we're aiming surely we're better off on every measure just giving Harry Cochrane, Scott McGill or Connor Smith 25 games. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's mental that every time someone posts something about a player signing, next day loads of Hearts pages and the evening news post about it. 

I have no faith in RN at all, we could sign messi and he'd turn him shit.

And again, why the **** are we signing so many old players? On the decline, no resell value, shite. 

I'm sick to death of the signing policy recently.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

It's mental that every time someone posts something about a player signing, next day loads of Hearts pages and the evening news post about it. 

I have no faith in RN at all, we could sign messi and he'd turn him shit.

Especially when the claim is he has now signed a pre-contract when he still has over a year on his current deal. 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Naismith then became available and rather than pay Celtic money for hickey. We used it to get Naismith and in return they got 30% sell on. 

No it was Crawford or Naismith , Naismith confirmed he would sign so we let Crawford go

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Edwards was brought in when we thought we weren't getting Clare.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can I suggest the name of another creative midfielder who can score the odd goal?

Ollie Lee. 

No no no 🤣 Hes as slow as Irving and just as one footed 😉

1 minute ago, feej said:

If true, totally underwhelming, we should be aiming higher than no mark journeymen.

Am I missing something , we are now capable of signing players under contract for another year on a pre contract. Does that not just sound ridiculous. Where did this rumour come from

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Would've been fairly positive had we signed Crawford the first time around instead of /  as well as Naismith but see little point in doing so now, leaving aside the implications of Budge giving Neilson more pish up against the wall.

Indeed. 
It’s a p45 now, you been at the red red wine AR 😜

Malinga the Swinga
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Am I missing something , we are now capable of signing players under contract for another year on a pre contract. Does that not just sound ridiculous. Where did this rumour come from

Came from poster who confidently predicted, in fact said it was done deal, that Hearts would be in Premiership this season and that Celtic were forcing this through. 

That is the shit standard of ITK we are dealing with. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

We signed Edwards first, realised he was limited, then looked at Crawford but got Naysmith instead and immediately loaned Edwards out, he came back, gave us some energy and 9 of the best minutes of my life, then got rid of him.  
Some year for the guy. 

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can I suggest the name of another creative midfielder who can score the odd goal?

Ollie Lee. 

he wanted to go back home though, he wasn’t signing an extension.

the above is in no way a justification for signing Ali Crawford.

this regime should not be allowed to spend a penny

29 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don't know, just following the thread but agree don't think the rules would permit this.

Robbo-Jambo

If they are still allowing that clown to still sign players it is maybe a pretty good indication he will still be here at the start of next season.

Jesus ******* Christ, what a shambles we are in.

Rogue Daddy

Coming to the party late here, so apologies.... is this just a rumour... or are we actually signing this player? 

3 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Think Robbie is already got his UB40- 1 in 10 chance of this all working out in his favour 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If they are still allowing that clown to still sign players it is maybe a pretty good indication he will still be here at the start of next season.

Yep... that's my thinking also!

:jj_facepalm:

35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Came from poster who confidently predicted, in fact said it was done deal, that Hearts would be in Premiership this season and that Celtic were forcing this through. 

I did look up the poster and read that post where us in the Prem was confirmed by them 🤣 Sammy told me about Shay but its not worth the abuse to post anything itk at the mo. 

26 minutes ago, feej said:

I don't know, just following the thread but agree don't think the rules would permit this.

Indeed , no one seems to have answered that question its been glossed over

_maroonplatoon
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Especially when the claim is he has now signed a pre-contract when he still has over a year on his current deal. 

Mutual termination at the end of the season, don't shoot the messenger.

As I said, guy was spot on when he told me Logan had signed 3 days ago. 🤷‍♂️

_maroonplatoon
44 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It very much was a done deal, don't question something you have no idea about. 😉

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, sadj said:

No no no 🤣 Hes as slow as Irving and just as one footed 😉

But 100% better than Ali Crawford.

More waste.

Malinga the Swinga
20 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

It very much was a done deal, don't question something you have no idea about. 😉

It very much wasn't or we would still be there now. 

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I would feel sorry for any player they did sign as would get abuse from day 1. 

Hopefully will never happen and we have new management in place. 

Fxxx the SPFL

going by the venom on most threads i think the players,  manager, boardroom will be hoping that no fans get back in any time soon. There will need to be a hefty police presence methinks. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, gordiegords said:

If true and she is sanctioning the signings means Robbie is staying, should never be given another penny. Hopeless the two of them. Both out. 

Moore and Hendo were extended when we didn’t have a manager to be fair...

Auldbenches
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

BTW that’s the replacement for Irving 

A guy who can't get a game for two teams currently in the English 4th division?   Still relatively young though.  He is for us. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye, that's what He says!  

PS Messiah doesn't need asterisks.

I'm really excited about this new signing we haven't made.  He really won't make all the difference.

Who is he?

45 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

When are  Scott Robinson and Ross Callachan's contracts up?

They're a bit out of our league these days by the look of things. 

:sadrobbo:

3 hours ago, Pagey said:

Think Robbie is already got his UB40- 1 in 10 chance of this all working out in his favour 

Many rivers to cross before Neilson gets the heave-ho...

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Aye, that's what He says!  

PS Messiah doesn't need asterisks.

😅 

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

What about Cindy Crawford ? A😚😚😚 decent pairing upfront.....

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

What about Cindy Crawford ? A😚😚😚 decent pairing upfront.....

Knocking on a bit now (in fact, she has her knockers, I've heard :ohmy: :mw_rolleyes: ) but might serve to cheer us all up a bit, or at least the older gentlemen in the Hearts' support.