Ali Crawford

_maroonplatoon

Leveins Battalion

Would not surprise me in the slightest,would fit in with our shambles of a signing policy.

Right now fans do not care about who we sign,the only thing we are concentrating on is removing both Budge and Neilson,it would seem Ann is quite happy to go to war with the very hand that feeds the club.She needs removed asap and the FOH need to step up!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff

• OTT

• feej

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Shay Logan and Ali Crawford are the standard we are looking at then we are ****ed. What a shambles we’ve become. 

nobody should be getting signed for next season  if this is true then budge has obviously backed neilsen and effectively telling the fans to GTF

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

I'm sure we had him on trial vs Arbroath away in a pre- season friendly but never offered him a contract because we signed Naismith?

This. Would have been much cheaper than naismith

You guys need to get a grip. We could sign Ronaldo and you’d all moan saying budge and Neilson are piss. You have your agenda and nothing else matters. I’m totally fed up with the vile you are spouting. You have no idea what being a hearts fan means. You are only a small number but cos you post to excess it saturates the site. It’s boring, malicious and not appropriate. Unfortunately you’ll not stop as you are full of your own importance and think your always right. Game over for me as you are everything I don’t want to be or be associated with 

Interesting if true.  I remember quite a few on here screaming that we should have been signing Crawford a few years ago when he was at Hamilton.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Liked him with Accies if he is fit then worth a punt 

This place is reaching new heights in slagging off potential signings never mind our own players 

FTH

If I let you pick signings you'd like to make, from players within a realistic budget, how long would the list be before you finally arrived at Ali ****ing Crawford?

He's not exactly some young prospect, he played at Hamilton Accies for the best part of a decade before being punted out to Doncaster, Bolton and Tranmere, scoring a total of 4 goals since 2018.

Haud me back.

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

You guys need to get a grip. We could sign Ronaldo and you’d all moan saying budge and Neilson are piss. You have your agenda and nothing else matters. I’m totally fed up with the vile you are spouting. You have no idea what being a hearts fan means. You are only a small number but cos you post to excess it saturates the site. It’s boring, malicious and not appropriate. Unfortunately you’ll not stop as you are full of your own importance and think your always right. Game over for me as you are everything I don’t want to be or be associated with 

:rofl: 

Imagine being this stupid. 

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Dinnae greet ! 

16 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Aye OK....Thanks for sharing this.....

upgotheheads

I remember him as midfielder in the Scott Robinson mould but with a very good free kick. A useful squad member maybe.

No idea if he's a good buy or not but he'll end up shit under Neilson and his coaches. Just like everyone else they touch.

Plus, the fact we're still looking at signings suggest Budge has yet again ****ed up and decided to stick with a dud

Get them both out of our club.

Signing players that should do a better than decent job then not due to Neilson and tactics is one thing.

Calling players crap because they have been signed by Neilson, Budge is a completely different matter.

RustyRightPeg

We had him on trial the last time we were in championship I’m sure and we rejected him and he went down south and played league 1/2 until now. Squad player at best and absolutely certain he’s not the answer and being 5/6 years older than when we initially wanted him it again makes me look and question the scouting network. 

Please tell me you misheard and it's Allan Campbell instead 

I mean.... Jeezzo we have  age some bizzaree decisions in recent years but this would be a strange signing 

This isn't good recruitment. Elliot Frear mk 2. Another player too old to develop, too old to ever hope to sell. Unless they have international caps or are making a rival tick, I don't think we should be concerning ourselves with players over 25. Build a young hungry squad supported with senior players who have been around the block like Gordon. We should have good enough coaches that can improve players to be able to fit into some kind of business plan, rather than being a ****ing charity for the mediocre. 

Edited by OTT

LarrysRightFoot

With the best will in the world, no matter how much Budge likes Neilson surely they will be reviewing his position at the end of the season at the latest. So why on earth would you allow him to make signings for next season. Everyone knows his position in untenable. Ann just keeps making it worse. 

38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We had him on trial the last time we were in championship I’m sure and we rejected him and he went down south and played league 1/2 until now. Squad player at best and absolutely certain he’s not the answer and being 5/6 years older than when we initially wanted him it again makes me look and question the scouting network. 

We never whilst in championship, as discussed already, it was under Levein when we were going for Naismith outright and clearly hedging our bets...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So Savage has scouted somebody we already had on trial?

Get the guy an employee of the month award 

10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

With the best will in the world, no matter how much Budge likes Neilson surely they will be reviewing his position at the end of the season at the latest. So why on earth would you allow him to make signings for next season. Everyone knows his position in untenable. Ann just keeps making it worse. 

This is the point for me.  He needs to go and we need to be building for next season.  The longer we leave it, the less prep we have for next season as we don't know what his successor wants.

Quite frankly a competent, POSITIVE manager could take our current squad comfortably to top 6, maybe even higher, and also give us some entertainment on the way.  We all know Robbie has little chance of the former, and zero chance of the latter.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Project!!

Easy when you are playing with the houses money. Would like to have assumed that this was trolling but after yesterday am beginning to understand anything is possible at the moment.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Would have attached 'the kind of signing that Hibs would make' to this rumour in the past and every Hearts fan would have understood that to be the insult that it is intended to be.

Depressingly, 'the kind of signing that Hibs would make' can no longer be widely acknowledged as an insult compared to our signing policy over the last 5 years.

Ali Crawford is now 'the kind of signing that Hearts would make'. 

john thomas
15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Was wondering when this would start

JJ next ?

Fxxx the SPFL

i work beside his auld man i will make enquiries.

drat he's on annual leave 

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

The Wrinkly Ninja
7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Was wondering when this would start

JJ next ?

If we sign Gordan Petric on a pre-contact then yes.

Otherwise he should be fine.

Ford Prentice

If Neilson were to say "I've been to see him several times in the last few months. We've tested his fitness and measured his pace. I've talked to him at length about his motivation and his ambition...." then I might feel positive about this. He won't and I don't.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Tbf Ronaldo would fit in with the Dads Army recruitment policy 😂😂

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Easy when you are playing with the houses money. Would like to have assumed that this was trolling but after yesterday am beginning to understand anything is possible at the moment.

Think we need to upgrade from Football Manager 2016 to the latest version. 

33 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This has John Murray "knows all " over it.

lost in space

Crawford is a little tiger on the park unlike the pussy cats we have now (I thought I had better not say "pussies"). He was one of the main reasons that Hamilton stayed in Prem. BUT that was "then". He is soon to be 30 and although that is not old, he has limited time left and will start to slow down.

It is good that we are looking for players who have a bit more ATTITUDE but this is depressing news, if true.

RustyRightPeg
42 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

We never whilst in championship, as discussed already, it was under Levein when we were going for Naismith outright and clearly hedging our bets...

Ah missed it apologies. 

point still remains re. the scouting network and calibre of player. For me, it’s a no go. 

Tennant's  6's

Crawford would've been a decent signing a few yes ago, adding tenacity & decent strike from distance, not so sure now though..

I guess that Budge & the Board know best though..

Onwards to nowhere.. 

He couldn’t even get a game for a turgid Bolton side so much so they’ve loaned him to Tranmere. This would be a terrible signing.

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ali Crawford's not good enough to wash the bibs at Hearts, nevermind wear the Jersey. 

4 year deal then 

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

He couldn’t even get a game for a turgid Bolton side so much so they’ve loaned him to Tranmere. This would be a terrible signing.

Oh and here’s how he’s doing there...

Praying this isn’t true.

7A23128B-C81E-4282-B53B-E4183FD214CC.png

gordiegords

If true and she is sanctioning the signings means Robbie is staying, should never be given another penny. Hopeless the two of them. Both out. 

john thomas
55 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

If we sign Gordan Petric on a pre-contact then yes.

Otherwise he should be fine.

What about Paul Smith ?

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, john thomas said:

What about Paul Smith ?

Still think he's got enough in the plus column signing wise, thankfully!

Not sure that Robbie has the same.

So the fans, FOH, CEO and supporters groups all (allegedly) want Robbie out but we're allowing him to keep making signings? 

GMS, Logan and now possibly Crawford. What a shambles.

Edited by andrew

gashauskis9

Meanwhile Connor Smith wonders what the **** he has to do having pissed it at every level of football since he was in nappies.  This is getting beyond a joke now.

My main concern here is that we've confused Alan Campbell at Motherwell, who'd be a great signing, with Ali Crawford.

There's an outside chance we sign Ali Campbell by mistake.  At least he could sing Rat in my Kitchen to Hibs.