Ali Crawford

_maroonplatoon

_maroonplatoon

Signed a pre-contract, 2 year deal - anyone else hearing this? Been told by same guy who told me Logan had signed 3 days ago...

Done reasonably well at Accies and had an ok career down south.

Worth a punt if he's on cheap wages.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff

• OTT

• feej

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lone Striker

Decent move actually.  Hopefully he's still got the same energy he showed at Accies.    It was disappointing (although probably predicable) that we released him about 6 years ago.   Skilful player who looks lightweight, but it doesn't seem to hold him back.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Decent move actually.  Hopefully he's still got the same energy he showed at Accies.    It was disappointing (although probably predicable) that we released him about 6 years ago.   Skilful player who looks lightweight, but it doesn't seem to hold him back.

We released him in 2006...29 years old playing for Tranmere.

Budge oot. Neilson oot.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Budge oot. Neilson oot.

Tranmere ?

<has Cole Stockton flashback>

No, thanks. 

17 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Signed a pre-contract, 2 year deal - anyone else hearing this? Been told by same guy who told me Logan had signed 3 days ago...

I'm sure we had him on trial vs Arbroath away in a pre- season friendly but never offered him a contract because we signed Naismith?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm sure we had him on trial vs Arbroath away in a pre- season friendly but never offered him a contract because we signed Naismith?

I think that’s correct. 

Had him on trial 3 years ago, deemed not good enough then but now he is? Relise its a different set up but Bizzare bizzare bizzare.  

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think that’s correct. 

Tis indeed

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Had him on trial 3 years ago, deemed not good enough then but now he is? Relise its a different set up but Bizzare bizzare bizzare.  

No he wasn’t signed as he would only have been taken if Naismith didn’t sign. As Naismith did we didn’t offer him a contract. Tbf Crawford or Naismith , this place would have its normal meltdown if we’d chosen to go the other way around

Lone Striker
21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Budge oot. Neilson oot.

How time flies 😲       :notworthy:

_maroonplatoon
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Not a bad shout, rings a bell now you've mentioned it.

Would that have been under Robbie? Adds some credibility to the rumour.

from what I remember of his trial, he played well in the games people saw and they were wanting him signed as he was the type of player we needed and looked good. we didn't and the toys went out the pram, couple of weeks later we (officially) signed Naismith and it came to light it was a 1 or the other not both. no one complained when we took Naismith instead.

no idea how he's been doing down at tranmere, but if he's still the same player he was then.....well.....we probably wouldn't be trying to sign him I suppose.

but Savage may know more about his time in England and what he'd bring to the team. if it's true I hope it's that rather than Neilson just running through Leveins old play book!

2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

from what I remember of his trial, he played well in the games people saw and they were wanting him signed as he was the type of player we needed and looked good. we didn't and the toys went out the pram, couple of weeks later we (officially) signed Naismith and it came to light it was a 1 or the other not both. no one complained when we took Naismith instead.

no idea how he's been doing down at tranmere, but if he's still the same player he was then.....well.....we probably wouldn't be trying to sign him I suppose.

but Savage may know more about his time in England and what he'd bring to the team. if it's true I hope it's that rather than Neilson just running through Leveins old play book!

He didn't really stand out in the Arbroath game.

He's under contract with Bolton until 2022 according to transfermarkt.

Also he can't get a game for Tranmere and he'll be 30 by the time next season kicks off.

Jesus this is what it has come to.

Good game every 5 or 6 from what I remember of him.

If it's TRUE I hope he does well for us but I'm fearing another crap player to the list of crap we already have 

Also he can't get a game for Tranmere and he'll be 30 by the time next season kicks off.

49 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

My God . Another nail in Neilson's coffin for the man that signed Oshinawa and Connor Sammon.

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Lol so you have said 😉

Magic Numbers

Bolton fans showing their appreciation for him - couple of snippets from their February transfer thread

For me Crawford has developed a lazy mentality as a footballer, he can't be arsed and bluffs his way through a game whilst doing the bare minimum, not just physically - but mentally as well.

Shame, because we saw glimpses of what he is capable of last season.

Just watched Crawford’s ‘welcome’ interview regarding his loan club Tranny Rvrs 

He actually looks uncomfortable, looks away from the camera but mumbles than Tranmere are a ‘massive’ club! Going through the motions I reckon just like he has been doing all season on the pitch. Keith Hill will struggle to get a tune out of him I reckon but time will tell. 

Happy with the signings glad to see the back of Crawford hes been really poor since his injury

Crawford - Tranmere 

I really hope they get the hiding waste of space shitbag from this season and not the player previous

Sounds all too familiar but they did have some positive words about his form pre-injury last season.

Looks like he isn't starting games for Tranmere either, been mainly on the bench since he signed.

Can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about this one, very risky it would seem.

Edited by Magic Numbers

SomethingAboutObua

Would've taken him about 5 years ago when he was playing well for Accies.  

Can't be ****ed with the state of our transfers now if this is true, would be absolutely pathetic. Hopefully we have some higher ambitions than more 30+ers to fill the squad. 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

manaliveits105

Liked him with Accies if he is fit then worth a punt 

This place is reaching new heights in slagging off potential signings never mind our own players 

FTH

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

This place is reaching new heights in slagging off potential signings never mind our own players 

FTH

It’s because most of our signings are shite and old. 

6 hours ago, Magic Numbers said:

Bolton fans showing their appreciation for him - couple of snippets from their February transfer thread

For me Crawford has developed a lazy mentality as a footballer, he can't be arsed and bluffs his way through a game whilst doing the bare minimum, not just physically - but mentally as well.

Shame, because we saw glimpses of what he is capable of last season.

Just watched Crawford’s ‘welcome’ interview regarding his loan club Tranny Rvrs 

He actually looks uncomfortable, looks away from the camera but mumbles than Tranmere are a ‘massive’ club! Going through the motions I reckon just like he has been doing all season on the pitch. Keith Hill will struggle to get a tune out of him I reckon but time will tell. 

Happy with the signings glad to see the back of Crawford hes been really poor since his injury

Crawford - Tranmere 

I really hope they get the hiding waste of space shitbag from this season and not the player previous

Sounds all too familiar but they did have some positive words about his form pre-injury last season.

Looks like he isn't starting games for Tranmere either, been mainly on the bench since he signed.

Can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about this one, very risky it would seem.

Sounds like he would fit right in here !! 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

FTH

Or how about give one of the younger players here a chance than signing has been a that can’t get a game for Tranmere 

manaliveits105

Like Paul Hartley 27 plus when he signed after playing for 6 shitty clubs then Celtic took him when he was 31 

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ali Crawford's not good enough to wash the bibs at Hearts, nevermind wear the Jersey. 

Shoe in to sign for us then.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

We are addicted to shopping. I am absolutely convinced.

😂

That's a good way to put it.

The football equivalent of sitting in your pants watching QVC whilst half cut.....thinking.....yeah...I could do with one of those

Just now, Candy said:

😂

That's a good way to put it.

The football equivalent of sitting in your pants watching QVC whilst half cut.....thinking.....yeah...I could do with one of those

I want to make a joke about us being addicted to shopping and being owned by a female but don't want the warning from the mods.

6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/-ali-crawford-signs-two-year-deal-with-wanderers/

Bolton website states he signed a 2 year deal at the start of this season so he can't sign a pre-contract with anyone now.

If Bolton give us permission to talk to him then he can. They almost certainly want him off the books 

6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

A 30 year old that played for a perennial relegation candidate, aiming high as usual Hearts..

The floor is the limit.

kingantti1874

Wasnt a bad player but this regime have no right to be signing players. Shares transferred in the summer = goodbye 👋 

8 hours ago, _maroonplatoon said:

We never learn!......Think GMS.....Neilson takes players that look and sound good on paper. you can see where I am coming from!

Not worth a punt whilst Neilson is around to extract what remaining football these guys have left in them.

Neilson Out