Who should we blame?

ollie2004

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

We are not struggling to compete in the Championship. We are top of the league and on the brink of winning it. That by definition is not struggling to compete. Alloa are struggling to compete.

As for who's to blame for our present travails........I think some of the blame can be apportioned to all three levels of the club - the board room, the dug out, and the players on the park.

Too sensible.  You'll get pilloried for this, starting with me.  The chair has overseen two humiliating cup results within just a few weeks of each other and some terrible performances in the league.

Whilst what you say in terms of the championship is true,it disguises the overall picture.  I am extremely unhappy, have been for years now, and I am by no means alone.

It's ironic that the start under budge, Levein and Neilson started so well but deteriorated into a total shambles.

And we're asked to accept that the current, embarrassing fiasco is a blip.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Vlad Magic

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Let me get this straight.

- Ann employed her mate Craig to run the football side of things. 

- Craig brought in his mate Robbie, who became Ann's mate too.

- Ann employed her brother to build the new stand. This went massively over-budget and the club even forgot to order the seats.

- Ann employed her mate Andrew as the world's most AWOL Chief Executive. By the happiest of coincidences, Andrew was already married to Ann's mate Lesley.

- Ann's partner is a director too. Ann even employs her nephew. 

- Craig and Robbie, who are both mates with Ann, were and have been given inordinate amounts of extra time they did not deserve. 

- Daniel, who was mates with neither Craig nor Ann and prepared to tell the truth about Craig in particular, was unceremoniously dumped despite having worked for free for months.

Kickbackers' conclusion: it's either all or mostly Craig's fault. :rofl: 

:spoton:

Wish the rest of our support would wake up already, wakey wakey!

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

- Ann employed her mate Craig to run the football side of things. 

- Craig brought in his mate Robbie, who became Ann's mate too.

- Ann employed her brother to build the new stand. This went massively over-budget and the club even forgot to order the seats.

- Ann employed her mate Andrew as the world's most AWOL Chief Executive. By the happiest of coincidences, Andrew was already married to Ann's mate Lesley.

- Ann's partner is a director too. Ann even employs her nephew. 

- Craig and Robbie, who are both mates with Ann, were and have been given inordinate amounts of extra time they did not deserve. 

- Daniel, who was mates with neither Craig nor Ann and prepared to tell the truth about Craig in particular, was unceremoniously dumped despite having worked for free for months.

Ann admitted herself that Levein's influence in the club was essential, far-reaching and at times she was not even sure who reported to who or what their responsibilities are.

Levein was DoF - failed

Levein was in charge of revamping the Academy - failed

Levein was in overall charge of recruitment - failed

Levein appointed Head Coaches - failed

Levein became Head Coach - failed

He was even in charge of assessing our medical department - failed, i would imagine

Ann is also to blame because she put too much faith in him and still appears to know very little about the business, despite being in the role for 7 years.

I'll be honest, for all i am frustrated at what is going on, very little over the last 40 years of supporting this club has annoyed me more than listening to Levein telling us through a sly grin how it was all someone else's fault. He should be run out of town and i hope he gets told next time fans are allowed back in.

The behind the scenes stuff - new stand, board membership and the Chief Exec - is of interest and needs addressed but should not lead us to the Championship and being knocked out the cup by Brora. Let's face it, what football club is 'normal'?

8 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

- Ann employed her mate Craig to run the football side of things

I'd respectfully suggest, without having canvassed opinion, of course, that most kickbackers main concern is the product on the park. Results first, performance afterwards.

Results in the league have, on the whole, been okay. Cup - not so much.

Performances? This is the first time for a while that I've had the opportunity to watch a significant number of games. I used to think that 'eye-bleeding football' was JKB hyperbole and it surely couldn't be as bad as all that.

I thought wrong.

So who would you blame for the football side of things being so disconnected from the fans?