Hearts the Scottish Sunderland...?

Section Q

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

Nonsense. People have stuck up for the continued failure of the Budge regime for years now by bringing out the “entitlement” card whenever others have said we were falling far short of where we should be. You’ll know that as well as I do.

It was amusing to see the same slavish regime-backers falling over themselves to agree with MacPhee last season when he claimed we should be regular participants in the Europa League. Difficult to see how that can be achieved without taking a lot of points against the poorer sides.

Not talking about that though are we are talking about what posters expect and most post (or maybe just the ones who mash the keyboard most and flood threads) demand we never drop points to these teams. Thats when posters would be called entitled. Although its not a phrase id use. (fairly certain i never have) Fans have every right to expect certain things , to me its remembering the privilege it is to wear a Hearts top and giving their all during a game. Something a lot haven’t this last few years

16 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I believe so yes. 4th highest paid player at the club. Naismith Berra and Gordon being the highest paid. 4k a week. 

Wheres that from?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not talking about that though are we are talking about what posters expect and most post (or maybe just the ones who mash the keyboard most and flood threads) demand we never drop points to these teams. Thats when posters would be called entitled. Although its not a phrase id use. (fairly certain i never have) Fans have every right to expect certain things , to me its remembering the privilege it is to wear a Hearts top and giving their all during a game. Something a lot haven’t this last few years

Don’t know that I’ve ever seen this, frankly. Really? I’d be interested to see some examples. Seems highly unlikely that anyone would demand that. And even if such posts exist, they are most certainly not the only context in which entitled/entitlement have been used.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Don’t know that I’ve ever seen this, frankly. Really? I’d be interested to see some examples. Seems highly unlikely that anyone would demand that. And even if such posts exist, they are most certainly not the only context in which entitled/entitlement have been used.

No possibly not the only context however if ya did a search im sure you will find plenty examples of we should never drop points to those clubs. As i said maybe its the vocal keyboard mashing minority as opposed to those who can debate , discuss or post with rationale. 

Not popping at you btw

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I gave up after the “drunk on their own sense of entitlement” line.

A sense of entitlement is a personality trait that is based on a person's belief that they deserve privileges or recognition for things that they did not earn. In simple terms, people with a sense of entitlement believe that the world owes them something in exchange for nothing.

I am so glad that halfwits like Jackson think that we, the fans, have done nothing for our club.

A bit ironic from Jackson when you remember his club was allowed to die because it’s followers thought that somebody else should pump money into it instead of them. 
I take it he said the same about Celtic fans when they turned up outside Parkhead when it became obvious to them that their dominance was ending. He wouldn’t have been too scared to say anything like that about them.

I think that Hearts fans, like any other fans, expect the best decisions to be made by whoever runs their club, expect their team to make their best efforts on the pitch during every game, and that their club would make the most out of any financial contributions made by those fans.

Just now, sadj said:

No possibly not the only context however if ya did a search im sure you will find plenty examples of we should never drop points to those clubs. As i said maybe its the vocal keyboard mashing minority as opposed to those who can debate , discuss or post with rationale. 

Not popping at you btw

I realise that. Never once had a problem debating with you.

🙂

1 minute ago, leginten said:

I realise that. Never once had a problem debating with you.

🙂

👍🏻 Likewise

siegementality
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

A bit ironic from Jackson when you remember his club was allowed to die because it’s followers thought that somebody else should pump money into it instead of them. 
I take it he said the same about Celtic fans when they turned up outside Parkhead when it became obvious to them that their dominance was ending. He wouldn’t have been too scared to say anything like that about them.

I think that Hearts fans, like any other fans, expect the best decisions to be made by whoever runs their club, expect their team to make their best efforts on the pitch during every game, and that their club would make the most out of any financial contributions made by those fans.

That would appear to be the definition of self entitlement according to some. For me it is an expectation, and if fulfilled means we shouldn’t have to suffer what we have for the last five years. Apparently we should just suck that up though.

shaun.lawson

The problem with Jackson's article is it doesn't make sense. If he's going to call Hearts a 'huge club rotting in the wrong division', and correctly lambast Budge's decisions (other than one, which he's as good as made up), why is it 'entitled' to expect Hearts not to be in that division, and not to have gone through 5 years of appalling decline?

Note the pop at Romanov too - because Vlad was foreign, and everyone knows what foreigners are like. :rolleyes: Romanov taking over the club wasn't Year Zero. The SMG deal was. But I wouldn't expect Jackson to bother with obviously irrelevant details like Romanov being the only way of preventing Tynecastle being sold and the club dying. 

Typically lazy, half-baked piece basically.

57 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But....but......our resident happy Clappers told us “he will always be welcome back at Tynecastle” when he finally got punted........we know who you are! 😉

Your dislike of CL has always been personal. 

If he had been successful you would still be slagging him. 

As for Keith Jackson he has no right to even comment on Hearts. 

He should stick to sooking up to the Bigot Brothers. 

SuperstarSteve
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wheres that from?

Quite a few websites show clubs wages but my go to is salary sport as I know the livingston squads wages and every season that’s the only page that gets them all correct. 

i was told Halliday was earning close to 500k over 2 years when you include bonuses. Could not believe it. 
when I checked. 3.5k a week. Add in bonuses it’s no far off being true.

I was surprised to also see smith was earning half of Halliday wage. 

Not read the article as I refuse to click on that merde. If he's comparing us to Sunderland I must have missed all the English FA cups they have won in the last 20 years or so.

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Damour 6ngrand a week. No wonder we can’t get rid. Levein smiling towards the directors box at three two. Arsehole

Does this guy even train with Hearts when you see the videos of training you never see him. Damour , Martin , The Nigerian LB how much have we wasted on these guys its shocking.

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Does this guy even train with Hearts when you see the videos of training you never see him. Damour , Martin , The Nigerian LB how much have we wasted on these guys its shocking.

I think the article said training with the U18s. Embarrassing the money wasted on wages, whelan, vanacek the list goes on 

Just now, Newton51 said:

I think the article said training with the U18s. Embarrassing the money wasted on wages, whelan, vanacek the list goes on 

Imagine turning up to training knowing you're on 6k a week will never play first team football and training with kids between the ages of 16 and 18 He has played in the premier league with Cardiff and now taking coaching from John Rankin and Donald Park. I would be embarrassed and be looking to leave or just take the hit and rip the contract up and bugger of back to France. 

57 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is Halliday on 3.5k though

That useless clown isn't worth £3.50 per week nevermind 3.5k.

Edited by Marvin

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That useless clown isn't worth £3.50 per week nevermind 3.5k.

🤣🤣 i dont think hes worth 3.5k but i do think he does a job. Very much a Pallardo type from the first season in the Championship

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Now that is absolute shite! 

Absolutely. The task force was set up to fail all along. Jackson was slagging Hearts / Budge on a daily basis back then.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Dont forget Mallory......

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Your dislike of CL has always been personal. 

If he had been successful you would still be slagging him. 

As for Keith Jackson he has no right to even comment on Hearts. 

He should stick to sooking up to the Bigot Brothers. 

I called Levein out as the man who would ruin Hearts when he became the dictator of football. If that’s “personal” then I’m guilty as charged!

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

If we had dropped down to league 1 and stayed there then yes we would be the Scottish Sunderland. Id say we are more the Scottish Newcastle, we go down, come straight back up but our club still remains a joke where the owner doesn't care about the football or the fans. All about the pennies.

very good post.

Pasquale for King
On 29/03/2021 at 13:31, Thomaso said:

I called Levein out as the man who would ruin Hearts when he became the dictator of football. If that’s “personal” then I’m guilty as charged!

It’s amazing how folk that were wrong about Levein are also backing Neilson and think folk are happy when they’re proved correct about them.

Pasquale for King
On 29/03/2021 at 11:51, Stu_HMFC said:

Imagine turning up to training knowing you're on 6k a week will never play first team football and training with kids between the ages of 16 and 18 He has played in the premier league with Cardiff and now taking coaching from John Rankin and Donald Park. I would be embarrassed and be looking to leave or just take the hit and rip the contract up and bugger of back to France. 

The last two years would be around £500k, we just can’t do that with him or any of the other poor value for money players we have under contract.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Totally agree. We need to be more self aware as a fanbase. 

Go and chat with football fans who don't support Hearts and don't be so insular you will find this is a common view. 

Hearts,  Hearts are falling apart again. Every word should hurt and install solidarity but every season sees us tear ourselves further and further apart 

On 29/03/2021 at 10:07, SuperstarSteve said:

Damour is on 2k a week I believe. 

I don’t understand how Michael smith can sign a contract worth 1.8k a week recently but Andy Halliday is sitting on 3.5k wages. 
Surely those contracts should be the opposite way around. 

I find it incredibly difficult to believe a Championship midfielder who played 27 games in a promotion season would agree to forego that to join a Scottish club in a worse league on just £2k p/w. I'm dubious its as high as £6k, but suspect its around whatever Naismith will be on. Since I think he was signed with full confidence he'd do well...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I find it incredibly difficult to believe a Championship midfielder who played 27 games in a promotion season would agree to forego that to join a Scottish club in a worse league on just £2k p/w. I'm dubious its as high as £6k, but suspect its around whatever Naismith will be on. Since I think he was signed with full confidence he'd do well...

IIRC correctly he took a lower wage than he was offered at other clubs because of the length of the deal. 

On 29/03/2021 at 11:08, Jamie Walker Tash said:

If we had dropped down to league 1 and stayed there then yes we would be the Scottish Sunderland. Id say we are more the Scottish Newcastle, we go down, come straight back up but our club still remains a joke where the owner doesn't care about the football or the fans. All about the pennies.

Spot on 👍

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I’d imagine it was a similar deal to what lafferty got. We only pay a % of his wages the 1st year and his wages drop to what we are willing to pay the 2nd year. 
Lafferty claimed he took a pay cut to join rangers which wasn’t true. Norwich were no longer topping up his wage and he left when rangers offered to top it up. 
granted still a fair point 2k is hardly big money but I’d say its more likely than 6k. 

On 29/03/2021 at 10:19, Section Q said:

Budge was given a chance to save Hearts from dropping down the divisions only to effectively torpedo her own reconstruction task force hours after being appointed to head it up.""

How to read the DR101 That tells you he made it up.

Edited by NANOJAMBO