Hearts the Scottish Sunderland...?

Section Q

Maybe Jackson just needs to step away from the typewriter and sit down and watch Hearts for a couple of months.

Think we would see a slightly different narrative!

Neilson Out

Edited by Hashimoto

Dont really think he has said anything wrong ...... Apart from the fact that Neilson is the answer to our prayers and not part of the problem 

that said, Jackson is a bit of a tosser - most of the west coast media are 

The rest of the article was pretty spot on 

2 comments stood out and I would pray to god they are inaccurate 

Levein looking over at the Directors box and smiling after the third went in

And Damour on 6 grand per week

FFS

sums the whole shit show up - if true. 

Keek obviously bored of writing puff pieces about his glorious Sevco. Has he ever written one word about their £15m annual loss and going concern warning? 

christ, what an article. reminds me of a Viz style Tony Parsehole piece.

obviously written for the hard of thinking. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Not saying he just made up the bits about Levein glancing at the directors box and Damour’s salary because I have integrity and can’t prove it isn’t the case but I’d put a lot of money on both being fabricated for the sake of Keith’s ‘artistic license’.

17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He better have made the bit about Losevein smiling up 🤬🤬🤬

I listened to the radio commentary and Levein did sound quite happy and upbeat to be fair.....

SuperstarSteve

Damour is on 2k a week I believe. 

I don’t understand how Michael smith can sign a contract worth 1.8k a week recently but Andy Halliday is sitting on 3.5k wages. 
Surely those contracts should be the opposite way around. 

Surely he made up the part about re-construction? Or is he lying about that as well? 
genuine question.

50 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

that said, Jackson is a bit of a tosser - most of the west coast media are 

As the Covid infection rate and deaths started to ramp up Keith Jackson said something along the lines of "can't help but feel we're making a big fuss over nothing."

Keith Jackson serves his Old Firm masters and lost his journalistic integrity many years ago. File under "*****."

cousinsofnoone

If it's a reference to the chronic underperformance of both clubs, despite large supports then it's on the button.

Anyone know what he's referring to here..? Sounds like he's blaming Budge for our relegation...!

QUOTE ""It’s worth remembering, when the pandemic struck last year, Budge was given a chance to save Hearts from dropping down the divisions only to effectively torpedo her own reconstruction task force hours after being appointed to head it up.""

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know what he's referring to here..? Sounds like he's blaming Budge for our relegation...!

QUOTE ""It’s worth remembering, when the pandemic struck last year, Budge was given a chance to save Hearts from dropping down the divisions only to effectively torpedo her own reconstruction task force hours after being appointed to head it up.""

Ha is jackson honestly saying that the set up task group was anything but a sop to try to keep hearts ,partick and Stranraer quiet ,the idea that it would have been able to bring change is ridiculous. 

complete control
9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Seeing Levein at Tynecastle enrages me. 

likewise. didnae think he would show face there for years.

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Ha is jackson honestly saying that the set up task group was anything but a sop to try to keep hearts ,partick and Stranraer quiet ,the idea that it would have been able to bring change is ridiculous. 

She was set up to fail here. Not her fault we went down but Jackson does infer otherwise.....

19 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Seeing Levein at Tynecastle enrages me. 

But....but......our resident happy Clappers told us “he will always be welcome back at Tynecastle” when he finally got punted........we know who you are! 😉

Jeffros Furios

Jackson is a bore and haven't read a word of his in years .

Nodoubt he still  writes for a top class newspaper 😀

19 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Now that is absolute shite! 

siegementality

I gave up after the “drunk on their own sense of entitlement” line.

A sense of entitlement is a personality trait that is based on a person's belief that they deserve privileges or recognition for things that they did not earn. In simple terms, people with a sense of entitlement believe that the world owes them something in exchange for nothing.

I am so glad that halfwits like Jackson think that we, the fans, have done nothing for our club.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

A rather unfair comparison by Keith Jackson....

Not sure what he's trying to say here. Nothing new in this article. Just putting in the boot.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budges-hearts-monster-scottish-23810846

Got half way through the article and realised it's the usual west coast view of the situation. Has this Keith Jackson bloke actually watched us this season, probably not.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

A sense of entitlement is a personality trait that is based on a person's belief that they deserve privileges or recognition for things that they did not earn. In simple terms, people with a sense of entitlement believe that the world owes them something in exchange for nothing.

I am so glad that halfwits like Jackson think that we, the fans, have done nothing for our club.

Got as far as you before I gave up.

13 minutes ago, complete control said:

likewise. didnae think he would show face there for years.

Don't think levein would've been at tynecastle if there was fans in the ground.

Sunderland let Adam Johnson play for them after he admitted to his dodgy behaviour. Hoping it saved them from relegation 

Yeh don’t think we anywhere near that

Like i said on another thread yesterday....the media in this country don't care about anyone else other than the old firm. They are amateurish, just like the football authorities in this country and never to be taken seriously. I haven't bought a newspaper for over a year now and before, when i did, i never read Jackson's columns anyway. Just another old firm apologist. Maybe he was a bit bored as there's only so much arse-licking you can do with the old firm and thought he'd write about something else for a wee change. 

These gibbons never do their jobs properly, no investigations into what's actually going on at Hearts. In England they will always look into what's going on with their biggest clubs, and rightly so. That's the difference. The media should've been all over the SFA last spring and even Hearts, then and even more so now. They don't care, as long as they have the old firm to cream themselves over, the rest of us can rot. Romanov sussed them out within six months and paid the price for that, we've known for years, decades.

5 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Sunderland let Adam Johnson play for them after he admitted to his dodgy behaviour. Hoping it saved them from relegation 

Yeh don’t think we anywhere near that

Graham Rix?

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

To be fair, accusing Hearts fans of being “entitled” because they expect the occasional win over Hamilton and St Mirren has also been a favourite pastime of many Kickbackers over the last five years or so. But, as with Jackson, it was used by people who were talking through their backsides.

47 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Damour is on 2k a week I believe. 

I don’t understand how Michael smith can sign a contract worth 1.8k a week recently but Andy Halliday is sitting on 3.5k wages. 
Surely those contracts should be the opposite way around. 

Is Halliday on 3.5k though

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

To be fair, accusing Hearts fans of being “entitled” because they expect the occasional win over Hamilton and St Mirren has also been a favourite pastime of many Kickbackers over the last five years or so. But, as with Jackson, it was used by people who were talking through their backsides.

Occasional? People have been posting saying we should never drop points to the Hamiltons , St Mirrens , Killies etc for years. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I despise Keith Jackson and Sunderland is an odd comparison but no-one should be in any doubt that Budge deserves a hammering 

SuperstarSteve
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is Halliday on 3.5k though

I believe so yes. 4th highest paid player at the club. Naismith Berra and Gordon being the highest paid. 4k a week. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Occasional? People have been posting saying we should never drop points to the Hamiltons , St Mirrens , Killies etc for years. 

Nonsense. People have stuck up for the continued failure of the Budge regime for years now by bringing out the “entitlement” card whenever others have said we were falling far short of where we should be. You’ll know that as well as I do.

It was amusing to see the same slavish regime-backers falling over themselves to agree with MacPhee last season when he claimed we should be regular participants in the Europa League. Difficult to see how that can be achieved without taking a lot of points against the poorer sides.

I gather that Jackson is widely regarded as a treacherous piece of shit by those who mix in his circles. The problem is working out what he knows to be true and what he adds to further antagonise a situation.

At any rate, where was he, and his insight, last year when last season was being carved up to suit his manky heroes' agenda?

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I despise Keith Jackson and Sunderland is an odd comparison but no-one should be in any doubt that Budge deserves a hammering 

6 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I believe so yes. 4th highest paid player at the club. Naismith Berra and Gordon being the highest paid. 4k a week. 

By comparison we'd be better off signing the whole St Midden team and offering them a good win bonus. The players would be playing to win every game and we'd still be better off financially.

If we had dropped down to league 1 and stayed there then yes we would be the Scottish Sunderland. Id say we are more the Scottish Newcastle, we go down, come straight back up but our club still remains a joke where the owner doesn't care about the football or the fans. All about the pennies.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

If we had dropped down to league 1 and stayed there then yes we would be the Scottish Sunderland. Id say we are more the Scottish Newcastle, we go down, come straight back up but our club still remains a joke where the owner doesn't care about the football or the fans. All about the pennies.

Good shout. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Not sure about that. Unlike Newcastle our wage bill goes up and up. Just so happens we spend it on crap.