Brainwashing.

AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm sick of hearing "do your research" from idiots who've wandered into these sites, watched a couple of opinion videos and think they're suddenly an independent thinker instead of an easily led tit

You are not alone.

3acfb96f5728c00538f377e2b1d500a7.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlimOzturk

• Ray Gin

• Tazio

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm sick of hearing "do your research" from idiots who've wandered into these sites, watched a couple of opinion videos and think they're suddenly an independent thinker instead of an easily led tit

Succinctly put :lol: 

I just think the danger is actually in the beginning it’s like an awakening or something, like someone has figured it out. I nearly went down the rabbit hole myself a few years ago. These videos initially do something to you and make you believe the whole world is out to get you and that governments and this “higher council” of evil people are constantly plotting. Once you start to go down the hole it’s hard to get back out. People don’t realise how the algorithms work. The more you watch or search that stuff the more it’s fed to you it’s a vicious cycle. 
Lots of perfectly sane people are sucked down these rabbit holes. 
I found one the other day about the suez blockage. The theories as to what was going on I didnt know whether to pish myself or actually feel sorry for these people. Incredible stuff. A lad I know who is one of the biggest hardest men around and hes one of the worst for peddling this kind of shit too. He sent me a video claiming we’d all eventually see, it was a good few episodes and the last part of it was actually involving ****ing time travel😐

I didn’t bother telling him he’s aff his heed though 😬👊🏼😂

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Succinctly put :lol: 

I just think the danger is actually in the beginning it’s like an awakening or something, like someone has figured it out. I nearly went down the rabbit hole myself a few years ago. These videos initially do something to you and make you believe the whole world is out to get you and that governments and this “higher council” of evil people are constantly plotting. Once you start to go down the hole it’s hard to get back out. People don’t realise how the algorithms work. The more you watch or search that stuff the more it’s fed to you it’s a vicious cycle. 
Lots of perfectly sane people are sucked down these rabbit holes. 
I found one the other day about the suez blockage. The theories as to what was going on I didnt know whether to pish myself or actually feel sorry for these people. Incredible stuff. A lad I know who is one of the biggest hardest men around and hes one of the worst for peddling this kind of shit too. He sent me a video claiming we’d all eventually see, it was a good few episodes and the last part of it was actually involving ****ing time travel😐

I didn’t bother telling him he’s aff his heed though 😬👊🏼😂

See the trick is when ridiculing someone, taking the piss , getting a cheap one hit wonder joke at the expense of some ones opinion or belief ,that may challenge yours just to  the impress the "boys"one really has to know what comes out of ones  own sun dont shine. 

In regards to "time travel" it could very well  manifest in the future.

Yes science is still learning and developing so who knows.. Is that really a justifiable rebuttal to say someone is oaf his heid..  Like the Dutch boys finger in the dyke , hold back the future ridiculing anyone who dares to challenge the stats quo.. 

Take Nikola Telsa, was he not scorned.....Free energy was not wanted as the electric companies emerging viewed him as a real threat, hence Edison..   

Born and raised in the Austrian Empire, Tesla studied engineering and physics in the 1870s without receiving a degree, gaining practical experience in the early 1880s working in telephony and at Continental Edison in the new electric power industry. In 1884 he emigrated to the United States, where he became a naturalised citizen. He worked for a short time at the Edison Machine Works in New York City before he struck out on his own. With the help of partners to finance and market his ideas, Tesla set up laboratories and companies in New York to develop a range of electrical and mechanical devices. His alternating current (AC) induction motor and related polyphase AC patents, licensed by Westinghouse Electric in 1888, earned him a considerable amount of money and became the cornerstone of the poly-phase system which that company eventually marketed.

Lets look at "interstellar space travel".. Now the law of physics say nothing can travel faster than the speed of light....Or can it.. Take the words of NASAs Dr . Harold "Sonny" White...

"Perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." These are the words of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White, the Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate. Dr. White and his colleagues don't just believe a real life warp drive is theoretically possible; they've already started the work to create one.

Now in all due respect the term "do your research" is two fold here, clearly one has to look at the future of advance scientific breakthroughs, and there have been a few in the disciplines of "quantum  mechanics, that"s if one does ones research. 

Scientific understandings about the very nature of reality , that is , in relation to the part of the the galaxy we inhabit, but the one on many universes that exist is still in its "infancy" ...

These words below need heeded.

The important thing is that there is now a door open to a different kind of exploration. That, like Dr. White says, "perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." We may be witnessing the very beginning of a new age of space exploration, one that would finally take us from our pale blue dot back to where we belong.

Astronomers estimate there are 17 billion Earth-sized planets just in our Galaxy. That means our Universe is bubbling with life, perhaps with as many as 7.99 billion civilisations. How many of those have warp travel capability?

https://gizmodo.com/nasa-starts-work-on-real-life-star-trek-warp-drive-5942634

Aye their have been a few very credible individuals who have indeed went doon the rabbit hole unlike a few fit  baw punters oan a fitbaw forum...  

Edited by maroonlegions

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

See the trick is when ridiculing someone, taking the piss , getting a cheap one hit wonder joke at the expense of some ones opinion or belief ,that may challenge yours just to  the impress the "boys"one really has to know what comes out of ones  own sun dont shine. 

In regards to "time travel" it could very well  manifest in the future.

Yes science is still learning and developing so who knows.. Is that really a justifiable rebuttal to say someone is oaf his heid..  Like the Dutch boys finger in the dyke , hold back the future ridiculing anyone who dares to challenge the stats quo.. 

Take Nikola Telsa, was he not scorned.....Free energy was not wanted as the electric companies emerging viewed him as a real threat, hence Edison..   

Born and raised in the Austrian Empire, Tesla studied engineering and physics in the 1870s without receiving a degree, gaining practical experience in the early 1880s working in telephony and at Continental Edison in the new electric power industry. In 1884 he emigrated to the United States, where he became a naturalised citizen. He worked for a short time at the Edison Machine Works in New York City before he struck out on his own. With the help of partners to finance and market his ideas, Tesla set up laboratories and companies in New York to develop a range of electrical and mechanical devices. His alternating current (AC) induction motor and related polyphase AC patents, licensed by Westinghouse Electric in 1888, earned him a considerable amount of money and became the cornerstone of the poly-phase system which that company eventually marketed.

Lets look at "interstellar space travel".. Now the law of physics say nothing can travel faster than the speed of light....Or can it.. Take the words of NASAs Dr . Harold "Sonny" White...

"Perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." These are the words of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White, the Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate. Dr. White and his colleagues don't just believe a real life warp drive is theoretically possible; they've already started the work to create one.

Now in all due respect the term "do your research" is two fold here, clearly one has to look at the future of advance scientific breakthroughs, and there have been a few in the disciplines of "quantum  mechanics, that"s if one does ones research. 

Scientific understandings about the very nature of reality , that is , in relation to the part of the the galaxy we inhabit, but the one on many universes that exist is still in its "infancy" ...

These words below need heeded.

The important thing is that there is now a door open to a different kind of exploration. That, like Dr. White says, "perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." We may be witnessing the very beginning of a new age of space exploration, one that would finally take us from our pale blue dot back to where we belong.

Astronomers estimate there are 17 billion Earth-sized planets just in our Galaxy. That means our Universe is bubbling with life, perhaps with as many as 7.99 billion civilisations. How many of those have warp travel capability?

https://gizmodo.com/nasa-starts-work-on-real-life-star-trek-warp-drive-5942634

Aye their have been a few very credible individuals who have indeed went doon the rabbit hole unlike a few fit  baw punters oan a fitbaw forum...  

Not really the same thing. I’m aware of Nicola Tesla but his career and genuis isnt quite the same as disappearing down QAnon rabbit holes thinking Hilary Clinton is shipping in sex slaves up the suez. Also time travel isn’t possible and the other stuff you post is theories not anything that we can do yet and certainly not by John John Kennedy going to and fro into the past and back to now which is what QAnon fruitcakes also believe. And all to enable Trump :lol:  

Edited by jack D and coke

It's always those of limited power and agency that get taken by this pish.

They feel excluded from mainstream society and as if they have no control over their own life.

Instead of accepting established and provable facts and scientific theory, they prefer to live in a fantasy world where they know the deep secrets and all other science and knowledge is false.

It gives them a sense of power that they lack in day to day life.

It's totally tragic.

Dennis Reynolds
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Which is fine, open market and all that. But at the end of the day the data centres are owned by Amazon, Google, Microsoft etc, and if people continue to peddle dangerous lies on fringe echo chamber websites, they'll go the same way as Parler and be shut down.

The same people who can't see the irony in calling others sheeple.

I called out Josh Taylor on twitter a while back for talking pish about PCR and he told me to do my research. I've been a scientist for over 10 years using PCR on a daily basis at times. He swiftly deleted said tweets when I informed him the guy he was quoting was dead and had been a while. It wound me up something rotten though.

Riddley Walker
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

They feel excluded from mainstream society and as if they have no control over their own life.

Instead of accepting established and provable facts and scientific theory, they prefer to live in a fantasy world where they know the deep secrets and all other science and knowledge is false.

It's totally tragic.

19 minutes ago, LMc said:

I called out Josh Taylor on twitter a while back for talking pish about PCR and he told me to do my research. I've been a scientist for over 10 years using PCR on a daily basis at times. He swiftly deleted said tweets when I informed him the guy he was quoting was dead and had been a while. It wound me up something rotten though.

Agree with these and loads of other posts on the thread.

The irony is definitely lost on them. All they've done is transfer their belief system to, bizarrely, randoms on the internet who post theories with zero basis in reality or fact. It doesn't help that they get stuck in their echo chambers in Facebook groups or Telegram or whatever where they share videos and wank each other's awful opinions off. But when faced with any sort of scrutiny they shut down and are unable to actually post a coherent sentence or actually give their opinion, and, instead, post nonsensical videos which for some reason they believe without researching them at all. And they have the nerve to call other folk sheep :lol: when they all believe in identical bullshit, mainly made up by randoms on the internet. Silly sausage bingo: QAnon, germ theory, flat earth, covid hoax, false flags, Sandy Hook hoax, Rothschilds owning central banks etc. etc... the list goes on.

I know a couple of guys that have gone down this hole and they're both the same type of person. Inquisitive but daft and a bit lost in life. The world is a complex place and this seems to give them some sort of 'answer'.

40 minutes ago, Cade said:

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

The world is a complex place and this seems to give them some sort of 'answer'.

I think you have it sussed, gentlemen.

41 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's totally tragic.

33 minutes ago, LMc said:

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Agree with these and loads of other posts on the thread.

The irony is definitely lost on them. All they've done is transfer their belief system to, bizarrely, randoms on the internet who post theories with zero basis in reality or fact. It doesn't help that they get stuck in their echo chambers in Facebook groups or Telegram or whatever where they share videos and wank each other's awful opinions off. But when faced with any sort of scrutiny they shut down and are unable to actually post a coherent sentence or actually give their opinion, and, instead, post nonsensical videos which for some reason they believe without researching them at all. And they have the nerve to call other folk sheep :lol: when they all believe in identical bullshit, mainly made up by randoms on the internet. Silly sausage bingo: QAnon, germ theory, flat earth, covid hoax, false flags, Sandy Hook hoax, Rothschilds owning central banks etc. etc... the list goes on.

I know a couple of guys that have gone down this hole and they're both the same type of person. Inquisitive but daft and a bit lost in life. The world is a complex place and this seems to give them some sort of 'answer'.

bravo.gif

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, LMc said:

I’ve been to most of his fights in recent years including the Prograis fight at the O2 but he does come across a bit of a dick. Online and on tv. 
I wouldn’t be too arsed if he gets sparko’d soon.