Larry McMurtry- RIP

RobboM

Larry McMurtry, Pulitzer prize winning author, passed away aged 84.

I must have read almost everything he wrote. He wrote the Lonesome Dove series of Westerns which would be my Desert Island Discs choice of book but sadly turned into a saccharine US tv mini series, wrote The Last Picture Show which remains one of my favourite films, wrote Terms of Endearment and co-wrote the screenplay for Brokeback Mountain and wrote thre book which was the basis for the film Hud.

Anyone else a fan?

Auld Reekin'

So he wrote books as well as screenplays? 'The Last Picture Show' is also one my favourite films (shot in moody, atmospheric, black and white and with a Hank Williams soundtrack - how could it not be?), so I'll certainly keep an eye out for any of his books if they're up to the standard of his work for cinema.

'Hud' was also a classic.

I'd heard of the guy, but knew little about him I'm sorry to say...

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

So he wrote books as well as screenplays? 'The Last Picture Show' is also one my favourite films (shot in moody, atmospheric, black and white and with a Hank Williams soundtrack - how could it not be?), so I'll certainly keep an eye out for any of his books if they're up to the standard of his work for cinema.

'Hud' was also a classic.

I'd heard of the guy, but knew little about him I'm sorry to say...

A very young Cybil Shepherd. Very nice she is too.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

A very young Cybil Shepherd. Very nice she is too.

:thumbsup: