• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fire_At_The_Disco

• Marvin

• davemclaren

• Auldbenches

Weakened Offender

My grandad smoked 60 to 80 cigarettes a day up until he was 55. Stopped straight away. Never missed it. The damage was done though. The last 5 years of his life were pretty poor and he died of lung failure at 76. 

Japan Jambo
On 21/03/2022 at 10:32, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Hello folks just an update on my no smoking cold turkey journey. Im 1 year in today, a bit fatter but will sort that out. Just to let folks know if I can do it after 37 years on them then anyone can. I have saved every penny £5011.65 and I’am treating the wife to a 2 week luxury cruise in July. Im now going to sort out how I eat 😝

2FC69E40-E500-4091-8108-0E4AB8DEA4AD.jpeg.07e7bcf248ee6c55c811ae0a1f83c581.jpeg

D707E96F-493E-4712-9A80-03721253936A.png

congrats, well done Tommy!

On 30/03/2021 at 07:13, jambo89 said:

I quit on the 29th of May last year.

I used Champix and haven’t touched a fag since. It hasn’t been easy and for me, the craving never really goes away. Even last week I was gagging on a fag in the works tea shack, but it did subside after 5 minutes.

I have bought a vape and I do take a puff of that when I’ve been drinking and the urge gets too strong (rather that than a fag) but it had zero nicotine.

I was 30 a day but to be honest, the money I saved has been spent on pies / chips / sweets etc. Honestly, the weight I’ve put on since quitting is incredible, about 30 KG (although I suppose lockdown also hasn’t helped)

This year will be about getting fit, as want to be able to do lots of activities with my wee boy that I’d struggle with before! 

I started again this December. Was a stressful time for me at work, so decided to get on to the Vape. Still have nicotine in the liquids and will be going for less and less until I have zero nicotine in them, but feel it's better than full on smoking!

11 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I started again this December. Was a stressful time for me at work, so decided to get on to the Vape. Still have nicotine in the liquids and will be going for less and less until I have zero nicotine in them, but feel it's better than full on smoking!

I've been vaping for a few years now without nicotine. Mental I know.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've been vaping for a few years now without nicotine. Mental I know.

Thought you were dead there for a second!  🤷🏿‍♂️

:wink: 

Just now, Morgan said:

Thought you were dead there for a second!  🤷🏿‍♂️

:wink: 

Just a distraction from the dangerous threads. 😄

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just a distraction from the dangerous threads. 😄

I know, G.

It’s not worth the hassle.

They two Hibbies on the Beni thread though?  :rofl: