Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, jr ewing said:

What an incentive we've given to the chasing teams. 9 games 9 points max. 

exactly if we lose to Dundee next week and Dunfermline  win there next 3 games and wighton helps them by scoring the winning goals can you imagine the pressure and anger ther will be on here !!!!!!!!!

hearts need to start playing so much better or we need a clear out of some of these under performing players :rifle: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

QOS will take at least a point off Dunfermline today and it’s a nice day to be hanging your pants out to dry.

Absolutely not a chance we’re not winning this league by double figures

A_A wehatethehibs
24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

QOS will take at least a point off Dunfermline today and it’s a nice day to be hanging your pants out to dry.

Absolutely not a chance we’re not winning this league by double figures

It is not as comfortable as it should be at this moment in time. We need players to step up and make their mark to see out the season, the new players in particular. Lee and Wighton have been shipped out but both of them had contributed to our points tally through goals and assists. GMS, Gnando, Mceneff have not chipped in to the points tally yet. Ok Gnando got the icing on the cake goals vs Raith but, nothing yet from these guys in terms of being the match winners. That’s what we need to see in upcoming games. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

16 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Might have his poker face on but he doesn't really seem concerned that we are absolute shite just thinks it will turn around.A couple of chances to win it tonight he said we also had a couple to lose it for **** sake.

He seemed pretty content with a draw and the performance. 

Coming on the back of our last three crappy performances that is a major worry for me if he thinks that is good enough. 

It's a miles away from being ******* good enough. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Who will we beat between now and the end of the season?

we'll take at least nine points from our next four games imo.

Ex member of the SaS

My worry is the nearer the end of the season we get to with a few points ahead the players will try even less. The mentality of " Oh we are winning this league easy peasy " will mean some will be less motivated to put in a shift. Once that attitude sets in and teams below us go on a run it will get a little hairy, and it's harder to get the players back up for it.

Not relevant  to his ability but the guy is a mess appearance wise and it just ruffles my feathers. Lockdown aside Get a proper haircut and shave man and look a bit more professional instead of looking like you’ve slept under a hedge

Edited by JimmyCant

wattie exploited

raith win there next 3 games and we lose to Dundee they will only be 3 points behind us mind you saying that we stuffed them 4-0 :rifle:

also good dumfermile lost today but then again we shouldn't really be relying on these teams to get beat for us to go up as our form is pretty shit right now no were good enough for  the money that is getting put into hearts :waiting:

10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

exactly if we lose to Dundee next week and Dunfermline  win there next 3 games and wighton helps them by scoring the winning goals can you imagine the pressure and anger ther will be on here !!!!!!!!!

hearts need to start playing so much better or we need a clear out of some of these under performing players :rifle: 

Starting about now if we could, we brought in some shite, but that's nothin new to us .....when wrtenup itl be a max exodus I hope , from top to.bottom

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As much as it went against us last season average PPG is not a bad barometer. 

Right now we are 2.15 or thereabouts next best Raith around 1.7.

Raith would get to 46 points,  we need 8 points really but are likely to get 57.

Its comfortable despite the pantwetting. 

Ex member of the SaS

TBF to those of us who are not happy, it's not the fact we are top, nor is it anything to do with not getting back up. The moans are all about the quality of performances. Games we should be strolling are a battle. Teams we should be blowing away are taking points off us. We are well clear and will win the league, BUT we need to improve massively when we do go up, and NOW is the time to build to that goal. No good winning the league and then having to start from scratch.

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Raith would get to 46 points,  we need 8 points really but are likely to get 57.

Based on Raith's current PPG it will take them another 7 games to reach our present total of 39 points.

Any rational analysis shows that we are top by a country mile.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF to those of us who are not happy, it's not the fact we are top, nor is it anything to do with not getting back up. The moans are all about the quality of performances. Games we should be strolling are a battle. Teams we should be blowing away are taking points off us. We are well clear and will win the league, BUT we need to improve massively when we do go up, and NOW is the time to build to that goal. No good winning the league and then having to start from scratch.

I agree with you almost totally. 

However United and Hibs were worse than us when they went up and more than coped.

It's maybe not so bad as it appears, different dynamics next season 

"If Raith/Dunfermline/Dundee win their X games in hand then they'll only be 6 points behind!!" How many times have we heard something similar to this in the last few weeks? It's a new team every week because the previous threat can't string two wins together.

The reality is we've been dogshit since the turn of the year and have continued to extend our lead. It's right to ask questions of performances and results but there is no danger we won't win the league. We probably only need another 10/11 points from 9 games to wrap it up.

I'll take two wins right now to re-ignite some confidence. It will ease pressure somewhat at least as the games start to run down. The only consolation is that we are now down to 9 games to go. If we were playing a full quota of games we would struggle. We shouldn't be biting our nails and living of our nerves in this league, it's an embarrassment. But when you have Mr Tippy-Tappy mark 2 in charge, are we that surprised?

All these folk that say other clubs are cutting each others throats and taking points of each other is all very well but all it takes is a team to hit a bit of form at the right time and our lot will press the panic button when there's been no need to. Dunfermline could quite easily hit that bit of form with the help of our striker Wighton, probably one of the most stupid pieces of business i've ever known of in nearly 40 years of watching Hearts.

Edited by jambonian

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 26/02/2021 at 22:25, vegas-voss said:

Might have his poker face on but he doesn't really seem concerned that we are absolute shite just thinks it will turn around.A couple of chances to win it tonight he said we also had a couple to lose it for **** sake.

Why would he be concerned? He saw how long Budge stuck with Levein and how little she cared about performances. He’ll be thinking he’s got about eight years here before anyone starts asking questions 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I'll take two wins right now to re-ignite some confidence. It will ease pressure somewhat at least as the games start to run down. The only consolation is that we are now down to 9 games to go. If we were playing a full quota of games we would struggle. We shouldn't be biting our nails and living of our nerves in this league, it's an embarrassment. But when you have Mr Tippy-Tappy mark 2 in charge, are we that surprised?

All these folk that say other clubs are cutting each others throats and taking points of each other is all very well but all it takes is a team to hit a bit of form at the right time and our lot will press the panic button when there's been no need to. Dunfermline could quite easily hit that bit of form with the help of our striker Wighton, probably one of the most stupid pieces of business i've ever known of in nearly 40 years of watching Hearts.

I would take one. It's that bad. 

jambos are go!

It seems that the torn faced disasters on here have convinced themselves that we are being chased by Man City or Real Madrid rather than Dunfermline and Raith Rovers!

7 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

It seems that the torn faced disasters on here have convinced themselves that we are being chased by Man City or Real Madrid rather than Dunfermline and Raith Rovers!

We're not Liverpool either so it's all relative.

Nucky Thompson

So we went another point clear after the latest round of Championship games.

Quick someone fetch me a clean pair of pants 

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

There’s some on here that think we are Man City and Neilson is Pep because we’re top of the league.  

Realistically need to win 3/4 of the next games to comfortable . Not lanic stations yet though but knowing hearts well you never know . We will win the play off if it gets to that 😂😂

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree with you almost totally. 

However United and Hibs were worse than us when they went up and more than coped.

It's maybe not so bad as it appears, different dynamics next season 

Current season record to date is, I believe, second best of promoted teams in last 20 years. Who has the best record? 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There’s some on here that think we are Man City and Neilson is Pep because we’re top of the league.  

Others think we are Arsenal and Arteta - a work in progress. 

22 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Not relevant  to his ability but the guy is a mess appearance wise and it just ruffles my feathers. Lockdown aside Get a proper haircut and shave man and look a bit more professional instead of looking like you’ve slept under a hedge

A new low in Nielson criticism. 

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Arsenal and Arteta - Progression

Hearts and Neilson - Regression  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Current season record to date is, I believe, second best of promoted teams in last 20 years. Who has the best record? 

Rhetorical question of sorts

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Nailed it imo. That sort of apathetic attitude oozes from our players as they pass the ball around nonchalantly until we go a goal down. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

No. The reality is we now know we are not much better than the 2 very poor Fife teams and below the standard of the Premier League.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Manchester womans team play better football than us if you think the football on display is great its obvious you are happy with the shit football we have been watching of late  :rifle:

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Realistically need to win 3/4 of the next games to comfortable . Not lanic stations yet though but knowing hearts well you never know . We will win the play off if it gets to that 😂😂

DWDW

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

PPG did not go against us last season, it was irrelevant as all the teams at the bottom had played 30 games.   It went against Partick though.  

Nobody apart from us is getting 50 points though so very dry pants here at least on this occasion. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

How many years is it possible to be a work in progress though?  It’s usually used to described a short term situation not something in the making for 5 years. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

You believe wrongly then.  

jambos are go!
30 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Manchester womans team play better football than us if you think the football on display is great its obvious you are happy with the shit football we have been watching of late  :rifle:

My post is nothing to do with the style of football we are playing!

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How many years is it possible to be a work in progress though?  It’s usually used to described a short term situation not something in the making for 5 years. 

It’s only just over five months at the moment. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s only just over five months at the moment. 

Do we not count every time we have a change of manager?  We’re a work in progress every season. The same problems are never addressed, just been Groundhog Day the last 5 years. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

PPG did not go against us last season, it was irrelevant as all the teams at the bottom had played 30 games.   It went against Partick though.  

Nobody apart from us is getting 50 points though so very dry pants here at least on this occasion. 

In respect the season didn't conclude and the means used. It would be as good a barometer as any for most if not all teams. 

We are well clear is the point based on average performance 

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You believe wrongly then.  

Currently equal 5th best I think. We would have been 2nd before this run of draws.

1. Hearts (14/15) - 2.53 PPG

2=. Rangers (15/16) - 2.25

3=. Falkirk (02/03) - 2.25 (denied promotion)

4. Ross County (11/12) - 2.19

5=. Hearts (20/21) - 2.17

5=. Partick Thistle (12/13) - 2.17

7=. Hamilton (07/08) - 2.11

7=. St Mirren (05/06) - 2.11

9. Dundee United (19/20) - 2.10

??. Hibs (16/17) - 1.97

Doctor FinnBarr
On 27/02/2021 at 12:11, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’m going on the assumption we are 6 points ahead and it could easily get cut to 3 - it’s not good, at all. 

The manager should be looking at sweeping changes to change the pattern of play because we are sleepwalking / coasting along. Maybe Berra back at sweeper in a 3-4-3, get Aidy White involved, get Irving and Haring involved, and Henderson. Even Frear. Even give the reserve keeper a game. Get the guys who’ve not been playing involved, we need to inject some desire and hunger. 5 or 6 changes if possible.  You can’t go 3 points from 9 in this division and just keep the same players in the team. 

The fact is the guys who have been starting the games are currently coasting and doing only the bare minimum. We should be ringing the changes for Dundee, we have to change things dramatically and put a totally different team out. Thankfully his hand is somewhat forced to change things if Smith is out.  I’ve been a defender of Neilsons but a clear sign of drastic action is needed now or the dip in form could become more damaging at the wrong time of the season.

Naa, listening to Craig last night he's the only one who gives a shit.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do we not count every time we have a change of manager?  We’re a work in progress every season. The same problems are never addressed, just been Groundhog Day the last 5 years. 

CL is watching you, takes his mind off telling Robbie how to set up the team for next week.

And before anyone asks/comments I fully believe that Budge hasn't cut the apron strings with that useless parasite and he's still in charge. Only my view mind.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

6 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

CL is watching you, takes his mind off telling Robbie how to set up the team for next week.

And before anyone asks/comments I fully believe that Budge hasn't cut the apron strings with that useless parasite and he's still in charge. Only my view mind.

CL is still in charge?  🤪

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You need help if that is truly what you believe. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

CL is still in charge? 

:notsure:

CL may just as well still be in charge.  We are no better than we were when he was.  We continue to be a monumental disappointment.  For example, missed a glorious chance to win the League Cup because we couldn't cope with Alloa Athletic.

Alloa Athletic.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

CL may just as well still be in charge.  We are no better than we were when he was.  We continue to be a monumental disappointment.  For example, missed a glorious chance to win the League Cup because we couldn't cope with Alloa Athletic.

Alloa Athletic.

Disrespectful, they’re not all bakers you know.  They’re bakers, joiners, plumbers, electricians, bankers......

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 3 unlocked this topic