Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

21 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Probably wages

We have to pay Bobby’s wages whether he plays or not! 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

21 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

So the answer to his wage issue was to... sign another goalie?

Hoping he could move zamal and or doyle on

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Seriously. We have 3 teams who, If they win all their games, can get to 51 points. I reckon we could lose every game left and still win the league. At most 47 points will be needed to take it, so we just need a draw somewhere.

The fact that folk are genuinely still worrying about it is precisely why Neilson needs punted.

Superb post 👏👏👏

Embarassing that a team could potentially win a league title with a points average of less than 2 ppg. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Thank Christ the league is only 27 games long 

Aye, what seemed like a disadvantage at the start of the season now appears to be a blessing.

Dunfermline who were a 'potential challenger' up to 9 pm last night went top of the table on 20 November.

We have picked up nearly double the points as they have since then.

This is how crap this league is.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Dunfermline who were a 'potential challenger' up to 9 pm last night went top of the table on 20 November.

We have picked up nearly double the points as they have since then.

This is how crap this league is.

Correct. The standard is bloody terrible and we are floundering along.

wattie exploited
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Thank Christ the league is only 27 games long 

you got a point here I think we would be toiling to finish first it the league was to go its normal length and that's pretty embarrassing having to even think this way :rifle: 

wattie exploited

now only 10 points in front  surly we will put a few past them !!!!

its time for this team to start playing for the jersey :rifle:

• davemclaren changed the title to 10 Points in front (title updated)
Never Let Them Forget
Just now, davemclaren said:

Craig Gordon will pull a muscle walking to the bench tomorrow night. 

Craig Gordon is starting tomorrow night.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Craig Gordon will pull a muscle walking to the bench tomorrow night. 

Starting surely.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Craig Gordon is starting tomorrow night.

That’s a relief then. Can’t get injured on the bench. 

A_A wehatethehibs

The fact that this Dunfermline game is has become a must win situation is in and of itself sackable. We’re genuinely feeling confident because Craig Wighton can’t play, as he’d be a stick on to score against our defence. That’s the level. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The fact that this Dunfermline game is has become a must win situation is in and of itself sackable. We’re genuinely feeling confident because Craig Wighton can’t play, as he’d be a stick on to score against our defence. That’s the level. 

We must win six points from the last 5 matches to go up. I do agree this a must win from a blood pressure perspective. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In what way  Dunfermline a must win game? 

That term gets branded about to easily. 

We could get beat, win the next game and promotion would/ could be ours. 

In regards to Wighton, That is also Litterally our level this season. We are in the championship, so is he and his team. 

Getting beat of Dunfermline in a league game is not sackable, getting beat of broro, however.... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In regards to Wighton, That is also Litterally our level this season. We are in the championship, so is he and his team. 

Getting beat of Dunfermline in a league game is not sackable, getting beat of broro, however.... 

Dunfermline should always be must win. Your standards and expectations for Hearts are appalling. 

Harry Potter
On 28/03/2021 at 12:47, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. The standard is bloody terrible and we are floundering along.

Aye but we are floundering at the top, think we need 5 points to win the league if raith win all their games, that wont happen, the raith part.edit 5 to win on goal

difference, wont matter

Edited by Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Dunfermline should always be must win. Your standards and expectations for Hearts are appalling. 

A must win game does not mean what you think it is then. 

A must win game, for example was St Mirren away last season, the 2012 sc final. 

A must win game isn't a game you should win. 

Term has lost all context. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It’s the accumulation of failure and wheels coming entirely off the season that has led to this stage that’s sackable, not this single fixture in isolation 

It is must win IMO because of the momentum and which team is in the ascendency. We lose this game, Raith are a dead cert to cut the gap to 7 points with 4 games to play. We have given them belief, they will ask Hearts the question. Up to Neilson to answer that question. His answer from

what I gather is to empty Berra and panic buy Shay Logan, after he’s already ****ed it. 

Career defining fixture for Robbie Neilson this one vs Dunfermline. Lose it and we will be playing Raith for the title on the final day IMO. And don’t give me this “we’ll beat alloa comfortably” more likely we will draw 0-0 with them just like when they knocked us out the cup. 

If we lose to Dunfermline as well, you’re almost at the point of it being too late to sack him, the caretaker wouldn’t have enough time to steady the ship. 

That’s why it’s must win in my opinion and after they’ve been skelped last night we are massive overwhelming favourites. Which means a loss would be definitely time to press the panic button. Stakes are high. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s the accumulation of failure and wheels coming entirely off the season that has led to this stage that’s sackable, not this single fixture in isolation 

It is must win IMO because of the momentum and which team is in the ascendency. We lose this game, Raith are a dead cert to cut the gap to 7 points with 4 games to play. We have given them belief, they will ask Hearts the question. Up to Neilson to answer that question. His answer from

what I gather is to empty Berra and panic buy Shay Logan, after he’s already ****ed it. 

Career defining fixture for Robbie Neilson this one vs Dunfermline. Lose it and we will be playing Raith for the title on the final day IMO. And don’t give me this “we’ll beat alloa comfortably” more likely we will draw 0-0 with them just like when they knocked us out the cup. 

If we lose to Dunfermline as well, you’re almost at the point of it being too late to sack him, the caretaker wouldn’t have enough time to steady the ship. 

That’s why it’s must win in my opinion and after they’ve been skelped last night we are massive overwhelming favourites. Which means a loss would be definitely time to press the panic button. Stakes are high. 

Stakes are high, and  I agree with gist of your thoughts. 

It's just a bug bear of mine, the term " must win game" gets branded about too much for liking. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I’d firmly suggest Dunfermline is a must win game. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stakes are high, and  I agree with gist of your thoughts. 

It's just a bug bear of mine, the term " must win game" gets branded about too much for liking. 

This definitely is an appropriate place to be using it. Typically I would use the term “must win” when there are big consequences for a defeat/draw. And that is the case on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

This and Alloa are the winnable ones left.

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We must win six points from the last 5 matches to go up. I do agree this a must win from a blood pressure perspective. 

Not quite Dave. We might not need any more points to go up 

13 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Squeaky bum time.

Rubbish, I’d take 10 points clear with five to go in any season in the future. I think every club and fans would. Squeaky bum time is when you are 1 or 2 points ahead with five to go. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not quite Dave. We might not need any more points to go up 

That’s true but it’s best we don’t assume that imo. 

22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

For all sorts of reasons, Dunfermline is a must win game.

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish, I’d take 10 points clear with five to go in any season in the future. I think every club and fans would. Squeaky bum time is when you are 1 or 2 points ahead with five to go. 

If we lose on saturday and the gap gets cut to 7 points with 4 to play, will you be saying “I’d have bit your hand off for that at the start of the season” ?

Rogue Daddy

Personally, I don't think anyone will reach our current tally.... that said, I thought Raith Rovers looked excellent last night (and I only seen the second half). I certainly wouldn't want us to go to Kirkcaldy in the last game of the season needing a result! But I recon we've done enough - one more victory will just put minds at rest. IMO.

avhudtheteeshirt

Last week worried about Dunfermline, this week its Raith Rovers?

On last nights commentary they said Raith were poor last weekend against Morton, where did this result come from?

Its simple, no team in this league is stringing together wins, so with 5 games to go, we only need to win 1 game or a couple of draws to be crowned Champions!!!!

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

On last nights commentary they said Raith were poor last weekend against Morton, where did this result come from?

Its simple, no team in this league is stringing together wins, so with 5 games to go, we only need to win 1 game or a couple of draws to be crowned Champions!!!!

It's incredible that some fans actually find themselves worried about this, but that's the position that Neilson has put us in, that's the doubt and negativity that he's instilled throughout the entire club and the support, and yet he's still here! 

The only reason I'm not worried about it is because of the reasons you state above, but if that gap had been a bit less, then yeah, I'd be worried as well. 

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Judging it purely on our current form, it may well be.

Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Say what? That makes no sense? 

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I'm sure this must have made sense in your head 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Say what? That makes no sense? 

Our current form may lead to it being squeaky bum time. I honestly didn't think it was that all that difficult.

53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a'"must win" game for Neilson unless you think failing to beat Arbroath, Brora, QoS & Dunfermline in the space of a fortnight is acceptable? 

13 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

This is true but I can't see that changing the fact that we need new ideas in the dugout & the Board room. 

Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Our current form may lead to it being squeaky bum time. I honestly didn't think it was that all that difficult.

That makes more sense , our current form combined with other teams current form would still see us fall over the line. Thats the bit that is frustrating. It should have been wrapped up weeks ago. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

That makes more sense , our current form combined with other teams current form would still see us fall over the line. Thats the bit that is frustrating. It should have been wrapped up weeks ago. 

We had a good chance to have it all but wrapped up this month by playing Arbroath and QoS, yet we've managed to make real hard work of that. I have no doubts we'll win it but it's not as comfortable as it should have been.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash

29 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If we lose on saturday and the gap gets cut to 7 points with 4 to play, will you be saying “I’d have bit your hand off for that at the start of the season” ?

Sorry but personally I wouldn’t have bit anyone’s hand off to be only 7 points in front of the worst championship in years. 

I honestly thought we could have went the whole season unbeaten. Granted we are rubbish away from home so thought we’d scape a few draws along the way and not for 1 min did I expect us to put up such a poor show over in Dunfermline or up at Dundee at New Years 

skinnybob72

We'll finish top - whether that is by 1 point or by 15 points I have no idea, but we are not getting caught.

However, with our current squad of has-beens, cripples and never-will-bes, we will be cannon fodder in the top flight. We need to sign some players with a bit of fight and heart about them. 

Edited by skinnybob72

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ten points clear, five games to go. If Raith win their next 4 and we lose our next 4, then they would be 2 points ahead going into the final match - Raith v Hearts.  Now that would be a must win game!  Not that it will happen, but it would be interesting! 

7 minutes ago, theshed said:

Sorry but personally I wouldn’t have bit anyone’s hand off to be only 7 points in front of the worst championship in years. 

I honestly thought we could have went the whole season unbeaten. Granted we are rubbish away from home so thought we’d scape a few draws along the way and not for 1 min did I expect us to put up such a poor show over in Dunfermline or up at Dundee at New Years 

Why is it the worst championship in years? Do we drag it down that much like? 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

Because no bigger clubs are in the division as was the case over the last 6-7 years when Hibs Rangers and DUFC all struggled to get out. There’s 1 automatic promotion slot and it should be guaranteed for us. That’s why it’s the worst in years. There is nobody even remotely close to Hearts in terms of money.

That’s why Saturday is so important to banish the doubts. It has been a horrendous feeling over the last week to see players completely shrink and vanish, some of them appeared to quit / give up, maybe because they know they’re already as good as emptied. That trends needs to be reversed by those players with some semblance of self respect like Boyce Halliday Walker Smith Gordon who’ve been the leaders this season in terms of their individual contributions to the games we have won. Fail to win Saturday and there will be more than a few cheeky tenners being chucked on Hearts to bottle this league. Must win. 

27 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Not everyone's getting your joke. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)