Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

It seems that the torn faced disasters on here have convinced themselves that we are being chased by Man City or Real Madrid rather than Dunfermline and Raith Rovers!

funny felt the same way about st mirren and hamilton last go around

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

funny felt the same way about st mirren and hamilton last go around

Did you? Those clubs have battled against relegation for years. Bit daft to underestimate them.

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Did you? Those clubs have battled against relegation for years. Bit daft to underestimate them.

fair point. You are quite right, pardon me for expecting that we perform in line with our investment.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

fair point. You are quite right, pardon me for expecting that we perform in line with our investment.

Is that what you meant? I thought you were suggesting RR or Dunfermline might surprise you like us not being able to stay above St Mirren and Hamilton

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is that what you meant? I thought you were suggesting RR or Dunfermline might surprise you like us not being able to stay above St Mirren and Hamilton

Being sardonic and I'm in bad humour so apologies for being cranky. I'd like to see us perform as expected for a change; I don't honestly see RR or Dunfermline catching us but nor do I see it as a major achievement that we win this league - I appreciate it isn't a gimmie but it is what should be expected. Celtic draw in the SPL there is a stewards inquiry, we draw three times in a row in the league below (including against two teams that didn't have permanent managers btw) and I'm a pant wetter for expecting that we do better. If we don't strive for success we will habitually under achieve, it's about time we said 'no mas' and demanded better.

25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Being sardonic and I'm in bad humour so apologies for being cranky. I'd like to see us perform as expected for a change; I don't honestly see RR or Dunfermline catching us but nor do I see it as a major achievement that we win this league - I appreciate it isn't a gimmie but it is what should be expected. Celtic draw in the SPL there is a stewards inquiry, we draw three times in a row in the league below (including against two teams that didn't have permanent managers btw) and I'm a pant wetter for expecting that we do better. If we don't strive for success we will habitually under achieve, it's about time we said 'no mas' and demanded better.

No, you're quite right. The ones that aren't 'pantwetters' are, ironically, already looking  for massive turnover of players again. And see no issue wth this. I see huge coaching  issues which, given our coaching team, can only be remedied by having players that hardly need coached. Not really realistic.

Edited by Riccarton3

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

CL is still in charge?  🤪

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You need help if that is truly what you believe. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL is still in charge? 

:notsure:

As I said, only my view

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Winning the Championship is yet another screen for Budge to hide behind for a little longer. It passes at success, even though a corpse could manage us out of this league. There’s no actual plan beyond that and Neilson will be gash in the Premiership but Ann won’t be worrying herself with that. And when it happens, she’ll do nothing about it anyway.

37 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wait until Raith win their 2 games in hand. Then the pressure will really be on. 

They won't though and the pressure won't be on. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

How can you be sure of that? 🤔

Just now, Thomaso said:

How can you be sure of that? 🤔

I just don’t think they’re a good enough side to go on a run of wins. I don’t even think they’ll win on Friday. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Wishful thinking. 

Or an educated guess at what might happen. There’s not really been much sign that any side is going to go on a run of wins. 

David McCaig
  P PTS PPG 27 Games MAX games required to reach 39 points
Hearts 18 39 2.17 58.50 66 0.0
Raith 16 27 1.69 45.56 60 7.1
Dunfermline 17 27 1.59 42.88 57 7.6
QOS 18 24 1.33 36.00 51 11.3
Dundee 15 21 1.40 37.80 57 12.9
Arbroath 18 21 1.17 31.50 48 15.4
Inverness 15 19 1.27 34.20 55 15.8
Morton 17 19 1.12 30.18 49 17.9
Ayr Utd 16 17 1.06 28.69 50 20.7
Alloa 18 12 0.67 18.00 39 40.5

Hopefully the attached table details just how far ahead we actually are at the top of the table.  Based on the points gathered so far in the season, Raith would require to play another 8 games, taking them to 24 for the season to reach our current points total!!

If this was a 36 game season, we would be on track to win the Championship by 18 points.

Edited by David McCaig

Just now, GinRummy said:

Or an educated guess at what might happen. There’s not really been much sign that any side is going to go on a run of wins. 

Last game of the season - title decider.

Just now, jr ewing said:

Last game of the season - title decider.

That would get everyone’s attention 😀. Just can’t see it though. 

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Wait until Raith win their 2 games in hand. Then the pressure will really be on. 

According to the BBC, they've only got 10 games left to play, should be 11 games,no.

I'm confused.

1 minute ago, rmreido said:

According to the BBC, they've only got 10 games left to play, should be 11 games,no.

I'm confused.

20 minutes ago, rmreido said:

I'm confused.

They’ve got 11 and us 9

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Wishful thinking. 

exactly we keep taking things for granted nothing is granted when it comes to hearts !!!!!!

if we start winning at least 5 games we will be ok but we need to start playing better starting this saturday against scummy Dundee  :rifle:

16 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

exactly we keep taking things for granted nothing is granted when it comes to hearts !!!!!!

if we start winning at least 5 games we will be ok but we need to start playing better starting this saturday against scummy Dundee  :rifle:

No need to play good football or even expect it now and again, we are 12 points clear of the mighty Raith and Dunfermline😁😆.

wattie exploited
50 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No need to play good football or even expect it now and again, we are 12 points clear of the mighty Raith and Dunfermline😁😆.

if Raith win there next 2 games  we will be 6 points clear of the mighty  Raith  lol !!!!!   :rifle:

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

if Raith win there next 2 games  we will be 6 points clear of the mighty  Raith  lol !!!!!   :rifle:

Going to the final game of the season?

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Not sure when their games in hand are but Raith haven't won two league games in a row since October. Same with Dunfermline. It's QoS we should worry about - they're on a wee roll. Seriously, don't think we have anything to worry about from anyone. Just hopefully we can get back to scoring goals again.

wattie exploited
On 28/02/2021 at 21:40, Riccarton3 said:

our players seemed to the way we played against them :rifle:

VikingHeart
16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure when their games in hand are but Raith haven't won two league games in a row since October. Same with Dunfermline. It's QoS we should worry about - they're on a wee roll. Seriously, don't think we have anything to worry about from anyone. Just hopefully we can get back to scoring goals again.

49 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

our players seemed to the way we played against them :rifle:

Personally I think that our players/ gaffer need to start understanding that most teams in this league regard each game against us as the Champions League final and that our men in maroon need to be prepared for this. What I currently miss is a collective intensity and an all out attack from the first second from all our players. We should be the better team so there's no point in playing overdefensive football and giving away goal scoring opportunities and then having a go at a draw at best. 

19 hours ago, Gambo said:

In that case I'd think it WAS the time to  play "good football".

avhudtheteeshirt
On 01/03/2021 at 15:35, GinRummy said:

In this league if you put together a string of 3 victories your in the running for a play off place, but so far only Hearts have managed this.

All the others are beating each other or drawing, leaving us to go on and win the league!!!

Hectormasson
On 01/03/2021 at 14:57, jr ewing said:

🙈🙉🙊🤣🤣🤣🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

After ‘Dancing in the streets of Raith’ draw with ‘Leishmans Lions’ and we thump Scumdee on Saturday, it’s all over, bar the shouting.  👍

On 01/03/2021 at 15:57, jr ewing said:

:santa:   Ho Ho Ho.

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

After ‘Dancing in the streets of Raith’ draw with ‘Leishmans Lions’ and we thump Scumdee on Saturday, it’s all over, bar the shouting.  👍

It's already over, aye there's a wee bit of shouting going on in the background but that's just noise. It's over. 👍

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's already over, aye there's a wee bit of shouting going on in the background but that's just noise. It's over. 👍

No it's not.

58 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Dundee very much in the picture. 

Cummings scores again - but I’m informed by the resident experts on here that he’s pish and not a danger...... 

14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

No it's not.

There's that wee bit of shouting in the background I was talking about.

Just now, graygo said:

There's that wee bit of shouting in the background I was talking about.

Get back to you on Saturday. 

Seriously, people go on about our shite form yet we are still 12 points clear with 9 games left. Ok Raith have 11 games left but how many points have they made up on us recently with our shite form?

Last 6 games, Raith are 3 worse off, Dundee are 4 worse off.

Last 10 games, Raith and Dundee are both 2 worse off.

That says that our recent shite form is not as bad as their recent shite form.

It's over!!!

This is My Story Podcast

It’s all of my aunty had balls she’d be my uncle. League could be as good as over come 5pm Saturday if results go our way Friday night and Saturday, we could also be looking at only being 3 points ahead of Dundee if they beat us Saturday and win their games in hand. The stats/trend lean towards everyone else running out of games to catch us. I don’t care about the other teams tho as I just want to see performances, results will take care of themselves. We can’t just continue to bounce from one poor performance to another, something has to give eventually. Saturday is the perfect game to start. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, graygo said:

Seriously, people go on about our shite form yet we are still 12 points clear with 9 games left. Ok Raith have 11 games left but how many points have they made up on us recently with our shite form?

Last 6 games, Raith are 3 worse off, Dundee are 4 worse off.

Last 10 games, Raith and Dundee are both 2 worse off.

That says that our recent shite form is not as bad as their recent shite form.

It's over!!!

Yip, And remember our "shite form" is 3 wins and 3 draws. 

I'd say that was a bit underwhelming, for "shit form" see 4 wins in 30 league games. 

I don’t even see the point in debating whether we will be caught or not. We will go up and if folk see that as objective achieved then that’s fine. 

The issue is this. We have had a season, pretty much away from the SPL. A season in which we could define a new style of play and start playing a bit more direct and getting right in teams faces - playing good football, scoring goals - build the confidence, fast paced tempo - it all goes hand in hand. It’s a good league to do it in considering some of the teams we are facing each week 

I get that we won’t win like Brazil every game - that’s madness. But when was the last time we won with an authority and with our play. Apart from The Dundee (home) and Raith (away) games, we have been grinding out wins, full stop. We have a good performance now and again, but these are few and far between. Consistency is key and it becomes a good habit - however so is inconsistency and it becomes a bad habit 

Teams sit in, pitches are shite, we have no Devine right to just turn up blah blah blah. This ain’t pant wetting. It is simply commenting on the style of play which involves sideways and backwards passing and no one leaving their own position to get forward or in behind - far to rigid and structured. these instructions come from the management and coaches. No wonder it is being criticised 

If we play like this next season then I will say right now, we are going to get royally found out. 

It feels more like we are trying to play a chess match than a football match with games. Release the bloody shackles off the players and let them play. 

Ludicrous for anyone to think that we won’t go up, or that it’s some fantastic achievement by doing so in the process. 

There is no question that first time round that RN had us playing with a swagger in the championship. Teams were sitting in against us back then but we still tore them one. Opposition teams weren’t doing anything different back then to what they are doing now. But this time round it’s because teams are sitting in that is making us play the way we are - with the same guy in charge. Cant get my head around this thought process at all. 

hmfc_liam06

"12 points in front - not really".

Except that's exactly how clear we are.

Raith are far more likely to lose both games in hand than win them.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, And remember our "shite form" is 3 wins and 3 draws. 

I'd say that was a bit underwhelming, for "shit form" see 4 wins in 30 league games. 

It's not about form anymore, nobody cares about that. It's now about performance, makes people's eyes bleed allegedly, personally I think that's just lazy chat by imbeciles who don't know what their watching.

You've also got to chuck "next season" into the mix because that's what clubs in a different league do, especially big hyooge ones with billions of pounds sitting in the bank.

Realistically I think 6 nil home wins and 5 nil away wins is acceptable but obviously with an eye on next season to consider.

We've got the Euro's coming up in the summer, maybe Robbie is waiting to see that before he unlocks the vault containing the war chest ?

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don’t even see the point in debating whether we will be caught or not. We will go up and if folk see that as objective achieved then that’s fine. 

The issue is this. We have had a season, pretty much away from the SPL. A season in which we could define a new style of play and start playing a bit more direct and getting right in teams faces - playing good football, scoring goals - build the confidence, fast paced tempo - it all goes hand in hand. It’s a good league to do it in considering some of the teams we are facing each week 

I get that we won’t win like Brazil every game - that’s madness. But when was the last time we won with an authority and with our play. Apart from The Dundee (home) and Raith (away) games, we have been grinding out wins, full stop. We have a good performance now and again, but these are few and far between. Consistency is key and it becomes a good habit - however so is inconsistency and it becomes a bad habit 

Teams sit in, pitches are shite, we have no Devine right to just turn up blah blah blah. This ain’t pant wetting. It is simply commenting on the style of play which involves sideways and backwards passing and no one leaving their own position to get forward or in behind - far to rigid and structured. these instructions come from the management and coaches. No wonder it is being criticised 

If we play like this next season then I will say right now, we are going to get royally found out. 

It feels more like we are trying to play a chess match than a football match with games. Release the bloody shackles off the players and let them play. 

Ludicrous for anyone to think that we won’t go up, or that it’s some fantastic achievement by doing so in the process. 

There is no question that first time round that RN had us playing with a swagger in the championship. Teams were sitting in against us back then but we still tore them one. Opposition teams weren’t doing anything different back then to what they are doing now. But this time round it’s because teams are sitting in that is making us play the way we are - with the same guy in charge. Cant get my head around this thought process at all. 

Pretty much this. We start games soo slow its scary. We try some tippy tappy stuff for first 10, usually we then get the oppositions first attack and we look like we've assembled a defence that have never played football before.  Then we either slowly crank up to speed or concede and go into ultra gung ho for the remainder of the match. 

There doesn't seem to be any gameplan or awareness. We just sleepwalk thinking that a goal will come, two games this season where we have started with purpose and fire in the belly, Dundee at home and Raith away.

Harry Potter
On 01/03/2021 at 17:07, GinRummy said:

That would get everyone’s attention 😀. Just can’t see it though. 

imagine this place if we lost it, meltdoon.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"12 points in front - not really".

Except that's exactly how clear we are.

Raith are far more likely to lose both games in hand than win them.

Dundee play Dunfermline twice this month. Crucial for them that one wins both games. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee play Dunfermline twice this month. Crucial for them that one wins both games. 

hopefully 2 draws

13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Cummings scores again - but I’m informed by the resident experts on here that he’s pish and not a danger...... 

To be fair he is playing in the only league where he has been decent.

Always a good chance he would start scoring in a league that is his level.

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 3 unlocked this topic