Prince Buaben

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That team is a graveyard for 2nd drivers. I think McLaren is a good fit for him. 

i think that the mclaren wont be as competetive as it could be so he would have a better chance in a red bull

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Watching snooker or even netball is more exciting than the utter tedium of F1.

💤

oh look another look at me post. why come onto a thread that you have no interest in

Just now, milky_26 said:

i think that the mclaren wont be as competetive as it could be so he would have a better chance in a red bull

Next season is a complete lottery as the regulations on cars are changing so much. A few teams have admitted they haven’t spent as much time as usual on this years car so they can be ready for it. Mercedes said they started working on next seasons in January. 

Mikey1874

Decent race.

Hopefully Red Bull can stay competitive.

Though nae luck on fastest lap.

Edited by Mikey1874

Prince Buaben
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Next season is a complete lottery as the regulations on cars are changing so much. A few teams have admitted they haven’t spent as much time as usual on this years car so they can be ready for it. Mercedes said they started working on next seasons in January. 

This seasons cars are basically last seasons cars with the odd change. Except Haas which is just using last seasons

5 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

This seasons cars are basically last seasons cars with the odd change. Except Haas which is just using last seasons

The geometry change is the only real thing this year. Some teams are still running parallel to the ground and some are very noticeably higher at the back. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 hours ago, weehammy said:

Watching snooker or even netball is more exciting than the utter tedium of F1.

💤

Had to laugh the other week when Hamilton basically crashed but still finished second. F1 is not a sport in any way, shape or form.

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Had to laugh the other week when Hamilton basically crashed but still finished second. F1 is not a sport in any way, shape or form.

What's your definition of a sport? 

Mine includes that you have to change out of your work/school shoes to play it. (As well as stuff about skill, competition and fitness).

So F1 is a sport. Snooker and darts aren't. 

Good to see that, so far this season, it looks like being more competitive than in recent years.

Tommy Brown
15 hours ago, weehammy said:

Wacky Races was more entertaining with Dick Dastardly and Muttly (sp?)

Out of interest - Have you watched Drive to Survive on Netflix.

it's regenerated my interest in F1, I now take a bit more interest than who is first,

Hamilton  is an immense driver and a car way better than the other teams.

But would Bottas have comeback from like Hamilton in that race, i doubt it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

What's your definition of a sport? 

Mine includes that you have to change out of your work/school shoes to play it. (As well as stuff about skill, competition and fitness).

So F1 is a sport. Snooker and darts aren't. 

Good to see that, so far this season, it looks like being more competitive than in recent years.

Mate, you have to change clothes to bake cakes.

Mysterion
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hamilton  is an immense driver and a car way better than the other teams.

But would Bottas have comeback from like Hamilton in that race, i doubt it.

I think Bottas would have comeback in an F1 world without Hamilton. 

I think his biggest problem is that the very good driver is being crushed by the focus/energy and brilliance of Hamilton now. He just can't keep up with the intensity that Hamilton brings to every race. As soon as Hamilton goes ahead it's almost as if he subconsciously moves into a support role, creates a gap between the cars and lets Hamilton push on without pressure.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mate, you have to change clothes to bake cakes.

Not your shoes, though. Unless your Mum doesn't allow outdoor shoes in the kitchen.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

100th pole for Lewis Hamilton 

An astounding achievement. I can't see it being bettered by anyone else for a *very* long time.

Christ that was boring. DRS was introduced to make overtaking possible but now it’s made it too easy. One of the skills of a driver was defending their place now as soon as the car behind is less than a second gap you have no chance as they gain so much extra speed in the DRS zones. There isn’t even the lottery of cars breaking now as they’re all engineered to be in a comfort zone instead of pushing the envelope of performance. 

Mikey1874

Depends on what you want. 

Absolute full on racing would need a lot of changes. Tyres for a start. They are trying. 

In relative terms that was fairly exciting but only 4 or 5 actual interesting incidents it is true. 

• 2 weeks later...
I P Knightley
49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Is this the race where McLaren are racing in the brilliant old school Gulf Racing livery? 

Yup.

Possibly the most exciting thing that will happen over the weekend of a Monaco grand prix.

On 09/05/2021 at 15:45, Tazio said:

There isn’t even the lottery of cars breaking now as they’re all engineered to be in a comfort zone instead of pushing the envelope of performance. 

That's sort of the point of new rules to reduce costs. The engines are built to last longer so that it levels the playing field a bit more. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Yup.

Possibly the most exciting thing that will happen over the weekend of a Monaco grand prix.

It would be the first grand prix I would axe from the calendar if I had the choice. It never will be though.

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would be the first grand prix I would axe from the calendar if I had the choice. It never will be though.

It’s there for the sponsors. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It's talked up as the jewel in the F1 crown but it's really the emperor's clothes as far as a race goes. Best you can hope for is a massive shunt at the first corner. 

I like Monaco for nostalgia, it's the one I remember as a kid. There's plenty other circuits 'better' for racing to enjoy, so happy for it to remain. Plus the skill of driving around a circuit like that at those speeds is incredible.

Verstappen to finish the weekend 1st in the standings? Could be close.

19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

leclerc gets pole but then sticks it in the wall

Looked a sore one. Do we know how much damage he has caused to his Ferrari? It looked pretty messed.

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Looked a sore one. Do we know how much damage he has caused to his Ferrari? It looked pretty messed.

they are doing a final check today to see if they need to change the gearbox. if they do a five place grid penalty

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they are doing a final check today to see if they need to change the gearbox. if they do a five place grid penalty

Hope its ok. Great starting grid today.

I have attended a couple of F1 races ( Silverstone). Went with a few mates which had very little interest in F1 and were basically going for a weekend away. Once we got there the atmosphere was great and they got caught up in the whole occasion and loved it. As someone has already said the Sky documentary " Drive to survive" is excellent even if you have no interest in F1 it is still gripping TV, as my wife will testify ( she has no I interest at all in F1 but loved the documentary). Big sporting events all have a special atmosphere I have been to the WC in 1998, a few open championships, and as I said F1, all brilliant.

22 hours ago, milky_26 said:

leclerc gets pole but then sticks it in the wall

Verstappen now pole position though still starting in 2nd position on grid. Leclerc out of race. 

Great chance for him but better for Hamilton too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it looks like ferarri have messed up with not changing leclercs gearbox. 

Massive cock up from someone. Starting from the pit lane at a notoriously difficult to overtake track. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Massive cock up from someone. Starting from the pit lane at a notoriously difficult to overtake track. 

Leclerc now out of race. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leclerc now out of race. 

Bang goes the race. Verstappen just needs to get to the end of the first lap and then drive at 90% to stay safe. If he has to drive full out there are mistakes in him but at 90% he can stay ahead of most of the drivers. 

Red Bull really need Perez to get up to speed. The only threat to Max today (other than a mistake) is the Mercedes strategy which is so much harder to defend against when your team mates is nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Disaster for Bottas at pit stop

Hamilton won't be helping him win now

bottas always gets the bad luck

Just now, milky_26 said:

the undercut did not work for hamilton and he is moaning about it

Classic if he wins he’s a genius, if he loses the team are idiots.