Prince Buaben

Wet race! 
This is a tricky day trying to juggle multiple sporting events on multiple channels. MotoGP done, cycle races recording, F1 to watch live. At least it all stops me watching football matches I’m not particularly interested in. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a fun race with 7 laps done - I love when its wet and unpredictable! .. this could be anyone's race! Literally -

2 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

This is a fun race with 7 laps done - I love when its wet and unpredictable! .. this could be anyone's race! Literally -

I’d love Norris to win it, he’s been consistently quick last season and this but doesn’t seem to get the love in the pundits have for Russell. 

Just now, Tazio said:

He’s made another huge mistake under pressure. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Oops 

Indeed. Didn't expect that.

Just now, redjambo said:

Indeed. Didn't expect that.

I’ve been saying this for a while now. Hamilton is always quoted as a great racer but in reality he’s been so good at qualifying his standard race is get pole, lead into the first corner and then drive the entire race on his own. In the last couple of seasons he’s had some very dubious incidents overtaking when he has to. 

3 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

lol - Why did he go to the wet section?  he knows better than that

Pressure. Max had hared past the back markers in short order, despite what Brundle said, and he wasn’t managing so pushed it too hard. 

1 minute ago, Bigsmak said:

Red Flag - this could be a while before it re-starts! 

Norris in 3rd! 

That was a proper big one! 

1 minute ago, Bigsmak said:

Need to see better coverage of that coming together - Did Botas move? 

That seems to be Russell’s opinion but I didn’t see any move. It looks like Russell didn’t factor in the fact that the straight actually has a slight turn to it. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Bizarrely looks like Hamilton is going to profit from his teammate having a big off. 

Perhaps Bottas intentionally swerved into Russell to cause the red flag. ;)

Get your conspiracy theories here! Three for a tenner!

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

“Ok Valteri we want you to engineer an incident to help Lewis”

”Ok, I’ll do it at 190mph for maximum drama” 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Russell who is basically a Mercedes driver was a part of Hamilton going off though. 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Will Hamilton get past Leclerc? Put your bets on now. I say no.

:D Shows how much I know.

Just now, redjambo said:

It worked though, so...

Will Hamilton get past Norris? Put your bets on now. I say no.

And once again I’ll say easily. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It worked though, so...

Will Hamilton get past Norris? Put your bets on now. I say no.

Yes

32 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

That was a great race.

2 out of 2 entertaining races. Who says F1 is boring? 

having two teams who can properly compete at the front is a massive help in avoiding dull and boring races

The unlapping after the red flag was very, very fortunate for Hamilton. He's a wonderful driver but he does absolutely get the rub of the green at times when on the rare occasions it doesn't quite go so well.

I always want him to lose, but only to make the championship exciting. Think he's a great ambassador for the sport and he's doing great things outside of F1 too so I'm very much not a 'Hamilton hater'.

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve been saying this for a while now. Hamilton is always quoted as a great racer but in reality he’s been so good at qualifying his standard race is get pole, lead into the first corner and then drive the entire race on his own. In the last couple of seasons he’s had some very dubious incidents overtaking when he has to. 

He's effectively put his hands up and said that he panicked. Panicked that he had been closing the gap but that Verstappen had put five backmarkers between them and got impatient when he was on the back of them.

That said, it was very much a rookie error and, as you say, it perhaps reflects the point that he has been utterly dominant for years now and usually approaches backmarkers with a view to not letting folk catch him up rather than seeing them as an impediment to him catching someone else up. He definitely had a chance of getting on Max's tail at that point, something that possibly contributed to the red mist.

52 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's effectively put his hands up and said that he panicked. Panicked that he had been closing the gap but that Verstappen had put five backmarkers between them and got impatient when he was on the back of them.

That said, it was very much a rookie error and, as you say, it perhaps reflects the point that he has been utterly dominant for years now and usually approaches backmarkers with a view to not letting folk catch him up rather than seeing them as an impediment to him catching someone else up. He definitely had a chance of getting on Max's tail at that point, something that possibly contributed to the red mist.

The thing is that I think he still had 30-odd laps to go, didn't he? No reason whatsoever to panic at that stage. Hopefully he has learned from this.

• 2 weeks later...

Lando Norris has become my favourite drive since the start of last season. The boy is a proper racer and a character in a sport that needs them. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lando Norris has become my favourite drive since the start of last season. The boy is a proper racer and a character in a sport that needs them. 

I'm also impressed with George Russell who I think will be in a Merc next year

Just now, milky_26 said:

I'm also impressed with George Russell who I think will be in a Merc next year

The media darling. It annoys me how the commentators bum him up often as Norris is having a great race. Seems like a decent lad and fairly quick but I’m in team Lando. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The media darling. It annoys me how the commentators bum him up often as Norris is having a great race. Seems like a decent lad and fairly quick but I’m in team Lando. 

i would like to see lando in the red bull next year

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i would like to see lando in the red bull next year

That team is a graveyard for 2nd drivers. I think McLaren is a good fit for him. 

That was actually very impressive from him there.. Did not think that he would have been able to do that 

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Watching snooker or even netball is more exciting than the utter tedium of F1.

💤

A lot of people like it. 

Thanks for coming onto a F1 thread to say you dont like F1...  

Nice!