Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

Im strangely excited for Formula 1 return at Bahrain.

Happens most years get excited. Watch the qualifying and the start then no doubt Hamilton will stroll in the lead and that will be that.

Is this going to be his last season if he gets the 8th World Title?

Red Bull could be closer this year going by testing.

Ferrari probably have another milk float though :oops:

McLaren back with Mercedes again :sergioyay:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prince Buaben

Forgot all about him :cornette_dog:

Depends how good this Alpine is. He will get more out than most.

Byyy The Light

Quite intrigued to see what happens this season.  A few sub plots with new teams/names, driver changes and Hamilton going for it.

I think Hamilton will do 2 more winning seasons at Mercedes. 

Either retires or helps a new development team possibly helping other black drivers. 

I P Knightley

As a kid, I loved the F1 when we had Villenueve, Arnoux and other characters who made the sport glamorous. I look at what there is now and wonder what the attraction is for youngsters. There's very little excitement with races being won either in qualifying or if someone is fractionally slow in putting a wheel nut on. The interest is not race-by-race but whether, over the course of a season, an old guy will eke out a slight advantage over a slightly younger guy somewhere in eighth place in the table. Chances are we'll know who the champion is going to be about a quarter of the way into the season and it's either Hamilton or Verstappen.

I'll follow the results out of habit and maybe watch some highlight shows if the race report suggests there's something worth watching. I have to say, though, the Channel 4 team (Coulthard, Webber and Jones(?)) have been very good any time I've watched it; one of the best sports shows I've watched.

I P Knightley
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Hamilton will do 2 more winning seasons at Mercedes. 

Either retires or helps a new development team possibly helping other black drivers. 

He's got his Eco-lecky team which he might devote more time to after this year?

Really looking forward to it.

Some great driver transfers to see how guys do in different cars. Think Reb Bull having two competitive drivers this year will really help them rack up points. 

I'm intrigued to see whether Norris can outscore Ricciardo and whether Vettel can be more competitive in a better car. Good stuff all round.

You've still got the classic contrast.

Hamilton started as a working class boy. Schumacher, Lance Stroll (his Dad), Mazepin have bought their way in as (bill)millionaires 

Damn and after all the interviews wher eHamilton goes on about not having the fastest car he’s half a second in front of Verstappen in FP2. And just so we know it’s not just him Bottas is also quarter of a second faster. Same stuff he says at the start of every season. The gap also compounded by the fact the Mercedes’ rarely break down. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Damn and after all the interviews wher eHamilton goes on about not having the fastest car he’s half a second in front of Verstappen in FP2. And just so we know it’s not just him Bottas is also quarter of a second faster. Same stuff he says at the start of every season. The gap also compounded by the fact the Mercedes’ rarely break down. 

so mercedes were sandbagging during testing as usual

29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so mercedes were sandbagging during testing as usual

Maybe I spoke too soon as Verstappen is top of the times for what they mean in a practice. But I think a lot of that is down to him as he’s almost 0.7 ahead of Perez in the same car. Though that could be Perez still learning it. 

The Hogfather
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You've still got the classic contrast.

Hamilton started as a working class boy. Schumacher, Lance Stroll (his Dad), Mazepin have bought their way in as (bill)millionaires 

Just how 'working class' can someone be if they've managed to become an F1 driver. It's not like football where all you need is a pair of boots to get involved. I'm sure I read it's anywhere up to £50,000 a year to get involved in Karting.

Mercedes still strongest but not by as much. The pole for Verstappen is a bit deceptive I think as it’s obviously down to him as a driver as his teammate didn’t make it into the final session. I think the race tomorrow comes down to whether he can do that blistering pace and drive beyond what the car should be able to do for an entire race distance. 

The F1 cars were going through the speed trap at the end of the straight at around 190+MPH.
Meanwhile a few miles away in Doha the MotoGP bikes have been hitting 225MPH. Those boys have balls of steel. 

Peakybunnet
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Mercedes still strongest but not by as much. The pole for Verstappen is a bit deceptive I think as it’s obviously down to him as a driver as his teammate didn’t make it into the final session. I think the race tomorrow comes down to whether he can do that blistering pace and drive beyond what the car should be able to do for an entire race distance. 

Looking at a Mecedes up your backside all the way creates its own pressure. 

17 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Looking at a Mecedes up your backside all the way creates its own pressure. 

It does, the biggest strength they e had over the last few seasons is that in addition to being the fastest car they’ve also been the most reliable. Hamilton in particular has had an incredible run of not having to stop mid race with mechanicals. 

Crazy first 20 mins.   Safety car, breakdown on the formation lap, couple of cars spinning out of control! .... Brilliant

Lando Norris looks brilliant though... I am becoming a fan of him following last season and the start to this race! 

3 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Crazy first 20 mins.   Safety car, breakdown on the formation lap, couple of cars spinning out of control! .... Brilliant

Lando Norris looks brilliant though... I am becoming a fan of him following last season and the start to this race! 

He’s quick. He was also entertaining last season. I loved his habit of trying to get fastest lap on the last lap of races. 

16 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Norris has just pulled a fastest lap as well!  brilliant! 

He’s consistently quick yet the British press seem to love George Russell more, even before he got a shot in a Mercedes last year. 
I think Red Bull may have made an arse of this one. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s consistently quick yet the British press seem to love George Russell more, even before he got a shot in a Mercedes last year. 
I think Red Bull may have made an arse of this one. 

Looks like Hamilton will have to stop again.. Verstappen may not have to! 

1 minute ago, Bigsmak said:

Looks like Hamilton will have to stop again.. Verstappen may not have to! 

I reckon one more stop for each of them. Bottas seems to be the one who gets all the bad luck in Mercedes. 

16 laps is too much for Lewis - He cant get to the end on those

and fend off the Red Bull - 

This is Max's race to lose! 

Edited by Bigsmak

That was Great.  A reminder that Lewis is a brilliant driver and its not all about the car. 

Lando gets 4th... Thats great! 

Just now, Bigsmak said:

That was Great.  A reminder that Lewis is a brilliant driver and its not all about the car. 

Lando gets 4th... Thats great! 

I’d qualify that by saying Hamilton is a great driver when he’s at front controlling a race, nobody better at that skill just now, but for all the talk about how he’s a racer at heart and they go on about his love of overtaking when was the last time he overtook to take first place during a race? 

Brilliant race. Gutted, but also very impressed by Hamilton there, showed his brilliance and his experience. Another tough lesson for Verstappen but it will come, he's the fastest on the grid imo.

Edited by Taffin

I still think the Mercedes is the fastest car. If you look at the relative performance of the second cars you can see that. Verstappen is worth a huge amount of time during a race just because of his raw speed. 

And now to swap over to BT Sport for the MotoGP race. No Marc Marquez yet so genuinely almost any rider could win as we saw last season. And absolute nutters as well with 225MPH seen in qualifying yesterday before braking down to about 70mph at the end of the straight with about 2 square inches of contact onto the track. You always get great super slo-mo of bikes up on their front wheels as they try to get them stopped. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Unbelievably poor reporting on Sky News sports bulletin.

Twice they have reported it as Hamilton fighting back to re-take the lead after Verstappen had overtaken him.

No mention whatsoever that Verstappen had to give the place back to Hamilton.

Great opening race.

If the season is to be as close as predicted then it will be the best of the last decade. 

On 25/03/2021 at 13:37, Prince Buaben said:

Im strangely excited for Formula 1 return at Bahrain.

Happens most years get excited. Watch the qualifying and the start then no doubt Hamilton will stroll in the lead and that will be that.

Is this going to be his last season if he gets the 8th World Title?

Red Bull could be closer this year going by testing.

Ferrari probably have another milk float though :oops:

McLaren back with Mercedes again :sergioyay:

Watched it yesterday. Looks like the Bulls are back and Lewis has a challenge on his hands, maybe Max might have won had he waited to give Lewis the lead back after his move to get ahead. Great racing yesterday. Perfect distraction from the football.

hmfc_liam06

Had always been into F1 as a youngster but fell out of it last 10 years or so.

Started watching the Netflix documentary and getting right back into it. Yesterday's race was a cracker.

DRS is sitll shite though.

19 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

16 laps is too much for Lewis - He cant get to the end on those

and fend off the Red Bull - 

This is Max's race to lose! 

:) Indeed it was.

A great race, down the field too. Hopefully it's going to be a good season.

How does anyone find this "sport" interesting? There really is more action watching paint dry. FFS the most exciting thing about it is the "pit stop strategy"!!!!!!! Any F1 race can be into 5 second of "highlights". The first corner and the last one. Yawn.

Edited by Greenbank2

8 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

How does anyone find this "sport" interesting? There really is more action watching paint dry. FFS the most exciting thing about it is the "pit stop strategy"!!!!!!! Any F1 race can be into 5 second of "highlights". The first corner and the last one. Yawn.

Did you actually watch the race yesterday? Good luck on getting the highlights of that into 5 seconds.

49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Did you actually watch the race yesterday? Good luck on getting the highlights of that into 5 seconds.

Exactly, the midfield battle was just as exciting as Max v Lewis one.

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Exactly, the midfield battle was just as exciting as Max v Lewis one.

the move by sainz to go past alonso and vettel in four corners with them all swapping places was great

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

I tend to find that with subjects I'm not interested in, I generally don't open the thread and go on a rant about how much I'm not interested in said subject.

Might just be me though.

• 3 weeks later...