• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• Jambo-Jimbo

• manaliveits105

• Unknown user

Nucky Thompson

According to the NHS staff getting interviewed on the TV, it's not enough. They want 15% :lol:

She should have stashed more of the Westminster money for a bigger bride. 

7 hours ago, frankblack said:

The question is do you think a not so subtle political bribe on the verge of the election is going to fool anybody?

Perhaps they would be better spending the money on care homes and their staff where their policies sent infected people back into to wipe out the residents?

Announcing a 4% payrise was a political choice. So was announcing a 1% rise. Voter evaluations are always comparative. Like it or not, this is good politics. 

Greedy Jambo

Fully deserved for the NHS staff that were actually involved with the pandemic. 

I know people that are already on a good wage, they get a wage rise yearly regardless and they're off work more than they're at it. 

P.s i know a bank worker that is the same ,off all the fecking time, fully paid on hefty money. 

And don't get me started on council workers. 10 of them standing around a job, 2 of them actually doing something.

Seen it so many times. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t think it is at all. People questioning funding and political motivation isn’t close to saying its bad to give nurses a pay rise. 

Nationalists can be a bit overly defensive.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Cos SNP bad of course. Pathetic doesn't really cover it when trying to explain the mindset of a unionist. 

And other they times they just like to lash out.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They have a stone of destiny sized chip on their shoulders, especially the lunatic who's forever showing his love for 'Nicola'

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They have a stone of destiny sized chip on their shoulders, especially the lunatic who's forever showing his love for 'Nicola'

More chips than Brattisani's, Nucky. :(

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aw she only made it to the ERI car park for her tv interview - hopefully they didn’t let her in 

Got more that one account or something? Forget what one you were posting on and quoted yourself?? :lol: 

2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Announcing a 4% payrise was a political choice. So was announcing a 1% rise. Voter evaluations are always comparative. Like it or not, this is good politics. 

I think your argument is flawed there.  The Tories announcing 1% was hardly positive whereas the 4% is just the SNP trying to deflect from their year-long Covid shitshow.

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think your argument is flawed there.  The Tories announcing 1% was hardly positive whereas the 4% is just the SNP trying to deflect from their year-long Covid shitshow.

It creates a stark contrast between the two Governments. As I said, voters rely on comparative evaluations. It is effective.

Good for the nurses. Maybe not so much for the other deserving public sector employees who get less. Fairly blatant electioneering but why should these ***** be any different from the other *****, no mater the parliament they work in. Same *****, different coloured badge. 

2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

It creates a stark contrast between the two Governments. As I said, voters rely on comparative evaluations. It is effective.

It is not something that the SNP have demonstrated is sustainable without removing funds from a more deserving subject.

9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've noticed. You really are a bad lot. Can't wait to see the violence erupt when the occupation is over, and the buses heading to Blair drummond. After the thug Britnats are rounded up, wrapped in the Onion Johns and poured off the Bus. 

:glorious:

Edited by ri Alban

19 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Naw it isnae, Sturgeon appointed a new minister for it's drugs policy in January with some additional funding 

Would be braw if Scotland legalised weed, coke, mushies etc and England didn't. Imagine the wonga we'd make! could finally stop pumping the costly overhead that is oil!

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

We've noticed. You really are a bad lot. Can't wait to see the violence erupt when the occupation is over, and the buses heading to Blair drummond. After the thug Britnats are rounded up, wrapped in the Onion Johns and poured off the Bus. 

Your off your head 😂😂

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Would be braw if Scotland legalised weed, coke, mushies etc and England didn't. Imagine the wonga we'd make! could finally stop pumping the costly overhead that is oil!

It would do away with the dodgy dealer's making thousands and would pay for all the jakies running aboot that waste tax payer's money, actually makes sense 

Why don't they legalise it though when it would probably benefit the government? 

2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

It would do away with the dodgy dealer's making thousands and would pay for all the jakies running aboot that waste tax payer's money, actually makes sense 

Why don't they legalise it though when it would probably benefit the government? 

I always been an advocate for legalising drugs (perhaps 'de-criminalising the harder drugs, smack, meth etc. would be better). The profit / taxes could be ringfenced for rehab programmes across Scotland.

12 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Have you seen how bad the drug problem already is in Scotland? :rofl:

Howdy Doody Jambo
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Have you seen how bad the drug problem already is in Scotland? :rofl:

Yes, Scotland has the highest drug related death's in Europe thanks to the SNP 

36 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You really are a nasty piece of work. 

Away and put your Aly Bain records on and chug away at a photo of Nicola

Wish you hadn't mentioned that moon howler having a chug over a photo of Nicoliar,  it could happen. There''s an eejit living in a flat in my street who has all sorts of nationalist garbage in their windae, including umpteen wee battery operated models of wind turbines, BLM  slogans etc.

But whover it is has gone full Essenpee tonto, a life size poster of Nicola now stares down upon the good residents, & some of the bad ones no doubt, from this fantasists windae.

I sincerely hope that if moon howler general carries out your suggestion of onanism and, as a result is arrested, charged & convicted, & carted aff to Carstairs where he rightly belongs.

How anyone could ever get aroused over that wee hing-oot is baffling.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Good news for the NHS workers though eh?

Smithee,  who is the person in your avatar? At first I thought it was Ronnie Corbett from a 2 Ronnie's sketch. Then on enlarging it thought nah, it's maybe a young Anthony Quinn or even Frankie Dettori in fancy dress. Either way can you put my curiosity ar rest?

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It monkey from monkey magic which was TV show in the 80’s I think

Thanks for that Lord BJ, I'd never have fathomed that one out, as in that era I was in my 30''s,  no kids then, and no need to watch kids tv.

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Smithee,  who is the person in your avatar? At first I thought it was Ronnie Corbett from a 2 Ronnie's sketch. Then on enlarging it thought nah, it's maybe a young Anthony Quinn or even Frankie Dettori in fancy dress. Either way can you put my curiosity ar rest?

54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It monkey from monkey magic which was TV show in the 80’s I think

Correct

6607d0675ee69cc686b061c1cc449242?width=3

44 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Monkey was pish. The Water Margin was great.

Bollocks, the nature of monkey was irrepressible mate

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Violence :rofl:I bet those Royal mail, red post boxes are quacking.

Weirdos with kilts and timberland boots wearing jimmy hats are not very intimidating.

Are you going to cringe the Britnats into submission?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct

6607d0675ee69cc686b061c1cc449242?width=3

Bollocks, the nature of monkey was irrepressible mate

Thanks Smithee, never heard of Monkey Magic before. In the 80's I 2as in my 30's and no kids until 1988, hence my ignorance re MM. However ask me about Thundercats, I'm your man, after asking my 33yr old son.👍

The Hogfather
20 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

And don't get me started on council workers. 10 of them standing around a job, 2 of them actually doing something.

Seen it so many times. 

A blinding ignorance of the hard work people in Local Authorities have been doing during lockdown imo. Anyone and everyone who has been working hard during the last 12 months to keep the country running deserves massive credit. And that's before you start talking about salary increases, etc.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

A blinding ignorance of the hard work people in Local Authorities have been doing during lockdown imo. Anyone and everyone who has been working hard during the last 12 months to keep the country running deserves massive credit. And that's before you start talking about salary increases, etc.

Said the council worker😉

On 25/03/2021 at 08:05, Lord BJ said:

It’s not a 4% pay rise for all NHS, lots of folk in NHS won’t get it for example doctors. 

It depends on what band you are on etc. Also will actually be about 5% for lowest earners. 

Though not sure why doctors who are at front line are exempt. Is it just because they earn more than average bod or do we not value their skills in the same way as nurses? 

Never been comfortable with the NHS being used as a political football. However, it’s election time do these things always happen around this time.  Particularly, considering what went on the last 12 months. 

That said I’m sure it will be very welcomed by those who receive it. Whilst probably having the desired effect by those awarding it. So does appear a win win for many. 

And not all will be getting the reported £500 either. If Scotland was independent then wee Jimmy Krankie would not be handing out anything. It's political grandstanding to take some attention away from her corrupt regime.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Yes, Scotland has the highest drug related death's in Europe thanks to the SNP 

Absolutely not anything to do with the individuals themselves who take these drugs?

On 25/03/2021 at 08:36, Mikey1874 said:

Paid for by more cuts for local government services. 

Yep. More local cuts = likely 5 or 6% council tax rise next year. Freezing it this year only puts off the inevitable bigger increase next year 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Yep. More local cuts = likely 5 or 6% council tax rise next year. Freezing it this year only puts off the inevitable bigger increase next year 

My Edinburgh council tax wasnt freezed this year. It has gone up a pound a month. Not a huge rise, but a rise nevertheless.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My Edinburgh council tax wasnt freezed this year. It has gone up a pound a month. Not a huge rise, but a rise nevertheless.

Didn't realise that John. Maybe a small increase on the water side? 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Didn't realise that John. Maybe a small increase on the water side? 

I would have to check the paperwork.

On 25/03/2021 at 11:45, hughesie27 said:

For what they get paid? Absolutely.

Out of interest, what do nurses get paid? I always hear they are underpaid, but never really hear how much they earn, like how much does your average experienced nurse earn?

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Out of interest, what do nurses get paid? I always hear they are underpaid, but never really hear how much they earn, like how much does your average experienced nurse earn?

The average in Scotland is around £34k which obviously includes more highly trained and experienced nurses with a lot of responsibility.

I actually think 4% is a ****ing insult given what has happened in the past year, so you can imagine what I feel about 1%. However, things aren't always what they seem. The UK Govt. has given money to the NHS since the start of the pandemic and in England and Wales the Health trusts have spent a lot of this on payment incentives. An example would be increased payments for overtime. I've no idea whether NHS Scotland have offered these sort of pay incentives, but my partner who works in London earned 15% more in 20/21 than in the previous financial year for working more or less the same hours(she often works an Saturday/Sunday or night shift shift to cover). She has earned it.

10 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The average in Scotland is around £34k which obviously includes more highly trained and experienced nurses with a lot of responsibility.

I actually think 4% is a ****ing insult given what has happened in the past year, so you can imagine what I feel about 1%. However, things aren't always what they seem. The UK Govt. has given money to the NHS since the start of the pandemic and in England and Wales the Health trusts have spent a lot of this on payment incentives. An example would be increased payments for overtime. I've no idea whether NHS Scotland have offered these sort of pay incentives, but my partner who works in London earned 15% more in 20/21 than in the previous financial year for working more or less the same hours(she often works an Saturday/Sunday or night shift shift to cover). She has earned it.

There's no doubting the health service has been under more pressure than ever this past year but, when all is said and done, the staff were doing their job (and doing it very well too). How many other people have stepped up to the plate and do so on a regular occurrence? I used to work in the motor factory trade as a manager, if we had too many drivers off at once I would deliver parts to customers or answer the phones to keep the service going. Just using that as an example for me but there are plenty folk out there who have to do extra or tasks outwith their specific job roles in many different industries to keep things moving. I think 4% is fair (over 5% in some cases) for an annual wage rise especially when you factor in the £500 thank you payment already received. Im sure many millions of other workers would bite your hand off for a 4% salary increase plus a £500 lump sum especially in the current climate. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

The starting salary for a band 5 is just over £24k rising to a maximum of £30k.

I think band 5 nurses make up the vast majority of nursing staff in the NHS, there are also many who are part-time working between 20 - 30 hrs per week, so their salary is less than the above.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/nursing/blog/a-nurses-guide-to-nhs-pay-bands-in-2021/

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

.I think 4% is fair (over 5% in some cases) for an annual wage rise especially when you factor in the £500 thank you payment already received. Im sure many millions of other workers would bite your hand off for a 4% salary increase plus a £500 lump sum especially in the current climate. 

As I posted yesterday, the £500 bonus was done pro-rata based upon the number of hours worked, only those classed as full-time received £500, everybody else got less based upon their contracted hours.

Most people seen the headline of £500 bonus and natually thought that applied to everybody, but this is what Sturgeon actually said.

“So I can announce today that, on behalf of us all, the Scottish Government will give every full time NHS and social care worker £500 as a one-off thank you payment for their extraordinary service in this toughest of years. Those who work part time will get a proportionate share.

https://www.gov.scot/news/gbp-500-bonus-for-health-and-social-care-staff/

This is something I know, because Mrs JJ works part-time and she didn't get anything near like a £500 bonus.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As I posted yesterday, the £500 bonus was done pro-rata based upon the number of hours worked, only those classed as full-time received £500, everybody else got less based upon their contracted hours.

Most people seen the headline of £500 bonus and natually thought that applied to everybody, but this is what Sturgeon actually said.

“So I can announce today that, on behalf of us all, the Scottish Government will give every full time NHS and social care worker £500 as a one-off thank you payment for their extraordinary service in this toughest of years. Those who work part time will get a proportionate share.

This is something I know, because Mrs JJ works part-time and she didn't get anything near like a £500 bonus.

I didnt realise it was pro-rata JJ so cheers for pointing that out👍

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I didnt realise it was pro-rata JJ so cheers for pointing that out👍

It's like a lot of things, there is often more to the story than the media headline, but because the media keep pushing that headline, that's what people remember. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's like a lot of things, there is often more to the story than the media headline, but because the media keep pushing that headline, that's what people remember. 

Very true! I actually don't read a lot of main stream media anymore partly due to the reason you gave. I despise the gutter tabloids, especially The Sun

19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I've not received anything yet. Expecting it in this months pay.

Ainsley Harriott

And the cash they were supposed to use to support small businesses with during lockdown but have sat on

Ainsley Harriott

And the cash they were supposed to use to support small businesses with during lockdown but have sat on

Ainsley Harriott

4% is a bang average pay rise out with the public sector and 500 quid is the lowest bonus in the history of bonuses. Just another desperate last minute attempt to buy votes