Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A lovely tale (so many parallels it felt partly my own autobiography!) keep up your great support which hopefully will be rewarded with a League Cup win or better!

Hopefully better as the League cups for diddy teams 😁

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

4 hours ago, BIG ECK said:

I will continue paying my subs to the FoH until the day I die. Irrespective of who the manager is or how we are playing under him I’ll continue because I love my club more, much more  than I could ever loathe the person in that vital position as manager. I will forevermore be grateful to RN as player of Heart of Midlothian but as manager we are boring as F....

I have followed Hearts home and away through thick and thin since the early to mid 70’s and like everyone from my era and beforehand we’ve seen just about everything that could be thrown at us.

Initially when I started watching Hearts we couldn’t beat our rivals across the city for love nor money. Indeed it must have been around 8-10 derby matches before I finally saw Hearts beat them at last “but boy it was worth it” Now we own them and if we played them on the moon in an hours time we’d win because it’s what we do now.

Seeing Hearts in Europe  for the first time when we overturned a 2-0 away loss to Lokomotive Leipzig in Germany. The odds were stacked against us in the return but we did what we do “we rose from the ashes and hammered them 5-1 in the 2nd leg providing a night I’ll never ever forget. Since then to name a few, we’ve had some memorable occasions in Europe such as Bayern Munich, Stuttgart, Atletico Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Bologna etc etc etc. And then again we’ve been embarrassed by diddy  teams such as  the Maltese team whatever they were called and a few others when we let ourselves down too.

In the cup, well that’s another story once again. I was 36 before I saw Hearts win a major trophy “I believe it was a brilliant day as I’ve been told so but in truth I was so pissed it was just a blur”  At other times in the cup however, there has been  disappointment upon disappointment while losing to the likes of crappy wee teams such as Forfar, Brora and Hibs “ all totally unacceptable but that’s Hearts for you”

On the other hand we’ve had some wonderful times in the cup. Beating Celtic in the semi and especially in that fashion with a last minute penalty deciding the game. Well I thought it couldn’t get any better at the time but I was wrong, so wrong and the final against them will live with me forever and ever and ever 5-1.  Before this of course was the magnificent win v Rangers to get the monkey of our backs and wow what an experience that was. Mixed feelings amongst most of our fans to determine which experience was the best between 98 and 12 but for me it’s the 5-1 all day long. Beating Gretna was also such a joyous occasion and while it was only Gretna “it was the cup and it was ours again”

I won’t talk too much about the League cup for obvious reasons so......................🙁

During the mid 70’s - 1982/83 season Hearts were literally a yo yo team. Relegated for the first time in our history in 76 then promotion then relegated again before promotion then bloody relegated again before being stuck in the Division 1 for 2 seasons before we managed to consolidate our position in the Premier League for the first time in what seemed like an eternity. During those years we lost in the league to teams such as East Stirling, Queens Park, Clyde, Dumbarton 5-2 at Tynecastle etc etc etc.

But then came along a man who transformed Hearts again. He put us on the map getting us positive press release after positive press following a very long period whereby the most press Hearts ever got was a tiny piece on the inner pages of selective newspapers. This man got us back page news, the whole page, good news stories and this man was WALLACE MERCER. 

Under the great stewardship of WM Hearts signed the great duo of wee Doddie (Alex MacDonald) & Sandy Jardine as players and managers and we never looked back again. We had a really encouraging season on our return to the PL in 83 winning our first 5 games on the bounce. The feel good factor was back and the fans began to rally once again. 

Good times were returning and our momentum continued eventually throwing us into season 85/86. WOW what a blast that was. I remember attending the first game of that season at home to Celtic a game that eventually finished 1-1. We had been much the better team for the vast majority of the game, were leading 1-0 with 1 minute to go thanks to a goal from debutant no.7 JC and then out the blue they scored.

I left that game feeling so excited for the season ahead. We then lost at Ibrox 3-1 the following week and I thought here we go again “another false dawn” A hammering in Paisley by 6-2 the next again week and now I’m thinking relegation again ffs. Hibs next at Tynecastle and thank God it was them as we got our customary victory albeit by only 2-1 to take a wee bit pressure off at the time. The next 4 games were very up and down AND THEN it all changed. A few really good results brought confidence to players and fans alike and we never looked back again. The belief that we’d win took us to Pittodrie/Tannadice/Parkhead/Ibrox and we beat all of these teams who at the time we’re excellent sides. We were back, taking thousands on our travels and though it all ended in tears “it was an incredible journey and like so many others I was an incredibly proud Jambo. Yes there was huge disappointment that we didn’t win the league in the end and the cup final the following week was just the icing on a very poisonous cake. But the whole experience that season was one I’ll never forget and one which I wouldn’t want to forget either as it made me realise what highs and lows being a Hearts fan is all about and I couldn’t have been prouder if we’d won both.

Since then we’ve experienced so much I’d need to write a book to cover it all. The Romanov years stand out though as being gloriously harmful What a journey carrying players like Takis and Rudi along with our Scottish players such as Gordon/Pressley/Sir Paul Hartley to name but a few fantastic footballers. Of course we paid the price for this and administration followed.

The ugliest and most painful period in Hearts history was now upon us but thanks to the efforts of some wonderful individuals and the unbelievable generosity of of all fans who have contributed to the FOH we are pretty stable as a club.

Im not turning my back on Hearts after all these years, not now not ever. Too many brilliant experiences I’ve endured  and way too many bad one’s too unfortunately to change now. I’m not saying we should just roll over and accept getting turned over in the cup by non league teams. I’m not saying we should accept getting pumped by the likes of Alloa/QoftheS/ etc drawing with Arbroath/Morton etc is acceptable either because they’re BLOODY NOT.

I’m saying that by continuing to contribute towards the FOH you’re contributing towards Heart of Midlothian. Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson will leave soon but Hearts will continue. The more who contribute the stronger we become. Hearts football is boring just now but the next man that takes the helm might just be another wee Doddie or Sandy Jardine or a JJ for that matter. 

Hearts are beating now and the more contributions the faster it will beat. Only a short time ago I honestly thought we’d died. For those reasons I’ll continue to contribute to the FoH as this is the future and I urge anyone who can to contribute too and help make Hearts stronger. Remember like everyone else Robbie and Ann are just passing through but HEARTS are here to stay.

And as soon as Neilson is gone , I will start my £51 per month again.

On 03/04/2021 at 08:24, karipidis said:

When are the monthly figures published? 

Usually end of the month. For some reason January and February were published together. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/04/2021 at 20:41, DMR123 said:

And as soon as Neilson is gone , I will start my £51 per month again.

Will you stop it again next time you are unhappy? 

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe if we get relegated, sign absolutely shite players, get pumped out the league cup by Alloa and knocked out the Scottish cup by non-league Brora Rangers who hadn't kicked a competitive ball in months. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Maybe if we get relegated, sign absolutely shite players, get pumped out the league cup by Alloa and knocked out the Scottish cup by non-league Brora Rangers who hadn't kicked a competitive ball in months. 

So, yes then. 

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

FFS, this isn't just a case of throwing the toys out because of a bad result or two. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mre said:

FFS, this isn't just a case of throwing the toys out because of a bad result or two. 

So just when you're really, really unhappy? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

So just when you're really, really unhappy? 

What else are you supposed to do. If you have put hard earned money in year after year but feel the club is taking the pi55? 

kingantti1874
54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

this has gone a bit beyond unhappy. If the club make logical decisions it won’t happen. 

Any other club with ambition would have sacked the manager after cup exits to Alloa and Brora.

Our club don’t make normal decisions at the right time, they FORCE the hand of the fans 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's unhappy and then there's taking the piss. 

On 24/03/2021 at 17:47, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not me but it would be nice to know who to ignore moving forward. I don’t want to interact with 🎭👸🏻‘S

Zoomers. End of.

Complete bam and a no 1 slaver,knowing the support are hurting badly and still coming out with crap.  You know who you are   slaver

No - but this is over 5 years of Mismanagement and decline. They are deaf and blind to the feelings of supporters so it is my only way of registering protest.

It will never be this bad again , so no I won’t stop it again unless the current management stay in place and continually screw up.

David McCaig
On 03/04/2021 at 08:24, karipidis said:

When are the monthly figures published? 

March's payments will be fine.  It will be the end of April figure that reports on cancelled/reduced pledges.

Forever Hearts

So, yes then. 

Nah, no manager will ever put us through that again. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

No - but this is over 5 years of Mismanagement and decline. They are deaf and blind to the feelings of supporters so it is my only way of registering protest.

It will never be this bad again , so no I won’t stop it again unless the current management stay in place and continually screw up.

Fair enough. 

I thought it was worse last year Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mre said:

What else are you supposed to do. If you have put hard earned money in year after year but feel the club is taking the pi55? 

How's the club taking the piss? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

££££££££ gone. Never been called external noise before. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤣

They aren't mate, they are doing a really great job. A first class job, probably the most excellent job of all time. 

On 04/04/2021 at 16:06, BIG ECK said:

I will continue paying my subs to the FoH until the day I die. Irrespective of who the manager is or how we are playing under him I’ll continue because I love my club more, much more  than I could ever loathe the person in that vital position as manager. I will forevermore be grateful to RN as player of Heart of Midlothian but as manager we are boring as F....

I have followed Hearts home and away through thick and thin since the early to mid 70’s and like everyone from my era and beforehand we’ve seen just about everything that could be thrown at us.

Initially when I started watching Hearts we couldn’t beat our rivals across the city for love nor money. Indeed it must have been around 8-10 derby matches before I finally saw Hearts beat them at last “but boy it was worth it” Now we own them and if we played them on the moon in an hours time we’d win because it’s what we do now.

Seeing Hearts in Europe  for the first time when we overturned a 2-0 away loss to Lokomotive Leipzig in Germany. The odds were stacked against us in the return but we did what we do “we rose from the ashes and hammered them 5-1 in the 2nd leg providing a night I’ll never ever forget. Since then to name a few, we’ve had some memorable occasions in Europe such as Bayern Munich, Stuttgart, Atletico Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Bologna etc etc etc. And then again we’ve been embarrassed by diddy  teams such as  the Maltese team whatever they were called and a few others when we let ourselves down too.

In the cup, well that’s another story once again. I was 36 before I saw Hearts win a major trophy “I believe it was a brilliant day as I’ve been told so but in truth I was so pissed it was just a blur”  At other times in the cup however, there has been  disappointment upon disappointment while losing to the likes of crappy wee teams such as Forfar, Brora and Hibs “ all totally unacceptable but that’s Hearts for you”

On the other hand we’ve had some wonderful times in the cup. Beating Celtic in the semi and especially in that fashion with a last minute penalty deciding the game. Well I thought it couldn’t get any better at the time but I was wrong, so wrong and the final against them will live with me forever and ever and ever 5-1.  Before this of course was the magnificent win v Rangers to get the monkey of our backs and wow what an experience that was. Mixed feelings amongst most of our fans to determine which experience was the best between 98 and 12 but for me it’s the 5-1 all day long. Beating Gretna was also such a joyous occasion and while it was only Gretna “it was the cup and it was ours again”

I won’t talk too much about the League cup for obvious reasons so......................🙁

During the mid 70’s - 1982/83 season Hearts were literally a yo yo team. Relegated for the first time in our history in 76 then promotion then relegated again before promotion then bloody relegated again before being stuck in the Division 1 for 2 seasons before we managed to consolidate our position in the Premier League for the first time in what seemed like an eternity. During those years we lost in the league to teams such as East Stirling, Queens Park, Clyde, Dumbarton 5-2 at Tynecastle etc etc etc.

But then came along a man who transformed Hearts again. He put us on the map getting us positive press release after positive press following a very long period whereby the most press Hearts ever got was a tiny piece on the inner pages of selective newspapers. This man got us back page news, the whole page, good news stories and this man was WALLACE MERCER. 

Under the great stewardship of WM Hearts signed the great duo of wee Doddie (Alex MacDonald) & Sandy Jardine as players and managers and we never looked back again. We had a really encouraging season on our return to the PL in 83 winning our first 5 games on the bounce. The feel good factor was back and the fans began to rally once again. 

Good times were returning and our momentum continued eventually throwing us into season 85/86. WOW what a blast that was. I remember attending the first game of that season at home to Celtic a game that eventually finished 1-1. We had been much the better team for the vast majority of the game, were leading 1-0 with 1 minute to go thanks to a goal from debutant no.7 JC and then out the blue they scored.

I left that game feeling so excited for the season ahead. We then lost at Ibrox 3-1 the following week and I thought here we go again “another false dawn” A hammering in Paisley by 6-2 the next again week and now I’m thinking relegation again ffs. Hibs next at Tynecastle and thank God it was them as we got our customary victory albeit by only 2-1 to take a wee bit pressure off at the time. The next 4 games were very up and down AND THEN it all changed. A few really good results brought confidence to players and fans alike and we never looked back again. The belief that we’d win took us to Pittodrie/Tannadice/Parkhead/Ibrox and we beat all of these teams who at the time we’re excellent sides. We were back, taking thousands on our travels and though it all ended in tears “it was an incredible journey and like so many others I was an incredibly proud Jambo. Yes there was huge disappointment that we didn’t win the league in the end and the cup final the following week was just the icing on a very poisonous cake. But the whole experience that season was one I’ll never forget and one which I wouldn’t want to forget either as it made me realise what highs and lows being a Hearts fan is all about and I couldn’t have been prouder if we’d won both.

Since then we’ve experienced so much I’d need to write a book to cover it all. The Romanov years stand out though as being gloriously harmful What a journey carrying players like Takis and Rudi along with our Scottish players such as Gordon/Pressley/Sir Paul Hartley to name but a few fantastic footballers. Of course we paid the price for this and administration followed.

The ugliest and most painful period in Hearts history was now upon us but thanks to the efforts of some wonderful individuals and the unbelievable generosity of of all fans who have contributed to the FOH we are pretty stable as a club.

Im not turning my back on Hearts after all these years, not now not ever. Too many brilliant experiences I’ve endured  and way too many bad one’s too unfortunately to change now. I’m not saying we should just roll over and accept getting turned over in the cup by non league teams. I’m not saying we should accept getting pumped by the likes of Alloa/QoftheS/ etc drawing with Arbroath/Morton etc is acceptable either because they’re BLOODY NOT.

I’m saying that by continuing to contribute towards the FOH you’re contributing towards Heart of Midlothian. Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson will leave soon but Hearts will continue. The more who contribute the stronger we become. Hearts football is boring just now but the next man that takes the helm might just be another wee Doddie or Sandy Jardine or a JJ for that matter. 

Hearts are beating now and the more contributions the faster it will beat. Only a short time ago I honestly thought we’d died. For those reasons I’ll continue to contribute to the FoH as this is the future and I urge anyone who can to contribute too and help make Hearts stronger. Remember like everyone else Robbie and Ann are just passing through but HEARTS are here to stay.

From what you say I must be 10 years older than you so can relate to your excellent resume of supporting Hearts over 5+ decades and while I respect, indeed admire, your passion for the club by continuing to donate to FOH,  I fundamentally disagree with you. I too have supported the club through “thick and thin” but I defy anyone to disagree with me when I say there is complete disconnect between the club (we love) and the supporters. You say Budge and Neilson will leave soon - how do you know this, indeed at this time I don’t think Budge is going anywhere. I’m a season ticket holder, shareholder, subscribe to Hearts TV, buy merchandise and donate a significant sum to FOH each month. The club has stabilised since FOH was set up and I thought that by continuing my payments it would help Hearts to have the “edge” over Aberdeen, Hibs etc .....fat chance! I’ve now stopped my monthly payments as I feel I am simply pouring my money down a big black hole. There are several posters on here who seem to suggest those people who have stopped their pledges are not true supporters, one guy told me to simply go away. I consider myself as loyal a supporter, over nearly 65 years, as most, but I am not prepared to throw my money away anymore. It’s not just the manager that needs replaced but the entire management structure from boardroom down. If, and it’s a big if, that happens I will recommence my pledges, plus those that I have cancelled. I am not holding my breath.

colinmaroon
41 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Where did "external noise" come from?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mre said:

🤣

They aren't mate, they are doing a really great job. A first class job, probably the most excellent job of all time. 

The question wasn't if they are doing a good job, it was how are they taking the piss?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

That Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Holtie said:

. I consider myself as loyal a supporter, over nearly 65 years, as most, but I am not prepared to throw my money away anymore. It’s not just the manager that needs replaced but the entire management structure from boardroom down. If, and it’s a big if, that happens I will recommence my pledges, plus those that I have cancelled. I am not holding my breath.

I've stopped throwing money into FOH and obviously people  can & will make their own choice in the matter. But that statement makes it loud & clear to Budge just how disaffected supporters are. 

Loyal , long suffering fans have had enough  - and I speak as a supporter of 54 years. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That Makes no sense.

Fans are the external noise he's talking about. 

16 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've stopped throwing money into FOH and obviously people  can & will make their own choice in the matter. But that statement makes it loud & clear to Budge just how disaffected supporters are. 

Loyal , long suffering fans have had enough  - and I speak as a supporter of 54 years. 

Reckon if we lose tonight the exodus will be rapid. 

Italian Lambretta

If the reports are true that Budge is sticking with that imposter then it doesn't look like I'll be restarting my FOH monthly donation.

They’ll be re-applying in their thousands..... well 200s!

♥️♥️♥️♥️
H- H- G- H

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️
H- H- G- H

:rofl:

A-L-L-O-A

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️
H- H- G- H

:cornette:

Chuck Berry
5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If the reports are true that Budge is sticking with that imposter then it doesn't look like I'll be restarting my FOH monthly donation.

Not a penny more until he's gone.

BRAVEHEART1874

trying to score  names of my top as we speak ggtth, thumb, square heid,  monkey h...  sorry3am  bored adieu ;)

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️
H- H- G- H

PHM will :robbo:

merseyjambo

We beat a part time team who are getting relegated 6-0 at Tynecastle and all of a sudden that arrogant turd has turned into Pep/Koop.

No thanks, even in victory he’s still an ungracious arrogant turd.

No more until he’s gone

I stuck an extra £40 donation after the match last night such was my euphoria after an enjoyable attacking performance 😍

Bad Religion
2 hours ago, The Fox said:

I stuck an extra £40 donation after the match last night such was my euphoria after an enjoyable attacking performance 😍

I stuck an extra £1000 in such was my euphoria. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I stuck an extra £1000 in such was my euphoria. 

I just sent them the title deeds to my house. If we can beat Alloa, the sky’s the limit. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I just sent them the title deeds to my house. If we can beat Alloa, the sky’s the limit. 

😂😂😂

been here before
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I sold my house just so as Ive now got loads of money Im not giving Hearts.

Alright Im homeless but its the only language Budge understands.

Im pure raging and angry more than anyone else on here too.

David Black
14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

A-L-L-O-A

It's very sad isn't it. A good performance against the worst team in the league, part time and a budget a fraction of ours has the simpletons in raptures. We beat Alloa 6-0 so the dross of the last 4 years, the millions wasted the unaccountability of those running both the club and FoH are all forgotten. It's hardly surprising the club is so far behind the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen when these muppets set such a low standard . 

PS... I notice the twitter account is working again. Strange that or should I say pathetic. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

I sold my house just so as Ive now got loads of money Im not giving Hearts.

Alright Im homeless but its the only language Budge understands.

Im pure raging and angry more than anyone else on here too.

Decent effort. Lockdown has had me bevvying too much. Who knows, we could both be on skid row soon, waving at Budge going past in her fancy car, safe in the knowledge she won’t be getting any of our cider money. 

5 hours ago, David Black said:

It's very sad isn't it. A good performance against the worst team in the league, part time and a budget a fraction of ours has the simpletons in raptures. We beat Alloa 6-0 so the dross of the last 4 years, the millions wasted the unaccountability of those running both the club and FoH are all forgotten. It's hardly surprising the club is so far behind the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen when these muppets set such a low standard . 

PS... I notice the twitter account is working again. Strange that or should I say pathetic. 

Keep the pressure on. Cancel now. 

• 2 weeks later...