Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

been here before
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Did you even contribute to the FoH in the first place? 

For someone who admittedly doesn't go to games because they don't like the club under Budge, I find it absolutely impossible to believe you happily hand over money every month to it. 

He's one of lifes leeches. Sucks the life out of everything.

Contributes to nothing, not a single thing.

But the first one to criticise when things go wrong.

Edited by been here before

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Made the mistake of contacting the Foundation and suspending my contributions. After it was pointed out that it would not count as a cancellation. Cancelled later in the week. 250 could be the first day, no date mentioned when that number refers to.

Nucky Thompson

I've got unbroken contributions since day one and I won't be spitting the dummy out and stopping/suspending them because I don't like the manager.

It's about Heart of Midlothian not, who's in charge or picking the team.

Anyone stopping their payments were never committed in the first place 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Made the mistake of contacting the Foundation and suspending my contributions. After it was pointed out that it would not count as a cancellation. Cancelled later in the week. 250 could be the first day, no date mentioned when that number refers to.

You certainly hope that’s the case. Regardless, the true impact will be seen when the actual amount raised comes through. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've got unbroken contributions since day one and I won't be spitting the dummy out and stopping/suspending them because I don't like the manager.

So have I, but mines have increased or decreased in accordance with various factors.

your last sentence is clearly trolling.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You certainly hope that’s the case. Regardless, the true impact will be seen when the actual amount raised comes through. 

The good news is that 8,100 fans are continuing with their pledges. Could be that ultimately the club doesn’t need those that throw their toys out the pram when things get tough.

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It’s not spitting the dummy out. You just want to dismiss it as that because it’s not something you agree with. It’s not just the manager either but again, it suits your agenda to kid on it is. It’s about Ann Budge making mistake after mistake with our money, be that FoH, season tickets, or hearts tv. Even the loans she’s put in will ultimately be paid back by the fans. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

The good news is that 8,100 fans are continuing with their pledges. Could be that ultimately the club doesn’t need those that throw their toys out the pram when things get tough.

It’s not throwing their toys out the pram. Where are your posts slating Ann Budge for the millions of pounds she’s spent to secure our return to the championship and record two defeats to part time clubs in national cup competitions? Why just pop up to belittle fans. The damage is and has been caused by people at the club and not the fans. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not throwing their toys out the pram. Where are your posts slating Ann Budge for the millions of pounds she’s spent to secure our return to the championship and record two defeats to part time clubs in national cup competitions? Why just pop up to belittle fans. The damage is and has been caused by people at the club and not the fans. 

I don’t think Budge or Neilson are doing well but I’m not going to withdraw pledges when it’s only a few years ago our club almost disappeared. Anybody who has followed Hearts for a period of time would surely realise that we have had many setbacks. It’s interesting that while 8,100 continue to pledge only 250 have cancelled. To put that into context,  I can remember when attendances were around 4,000 or so at some games. 

Nucky Thompson
26 minutes ago, sac said:

So have I, but mines have increased or decreased in accordance with various factors.

your last sentence is clearly trolling.

It's just my opinion, I'm not trolling.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

I don’t think Budge or Neilson are doing well but I’m not going to withdraw pledges when it’s only a few years ago our club almost disappeared. Anybody who has followed Hearts for a period of time would surely realise that we have had many setbacks. It’s interesting that while 8,100 continue to pledge only 250 have cancelled. To put that into context,  I can remember when attendances were around 4,000 or so at some games. 

My first few games were at about 12 (1982) when some of the games must’ve been about that attendance. Never went regularly till 85/86 so from then I can’t remember them being so low. FoH is a great thing but people feel ignored and disillusioned by the club and FOH. The main difference I can think of between other setbacks and this one is this setback has nothing to do with cash and all to do with incompetence. It amazes me that fans find the time to tear into each other when for close to 5 years the club has allowed the first team to fail and falter. They’ve sleepwalked into an utter disaster. Recent results are the straw that broke the camels back for many. 

Jeffros Furios
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As just quoting the other Hibs-sounding chap.

Take another :cornette:

57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Absolute codswollop!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Increased mine by a fiver.

Looking for applause or something?

Falls into the who cares category!

merseyjambo
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tosh’s new strategy.

Having been shown up as clueless about football (again), starting inventing financial crises.

Apparently if he fails at this, he’s loooking to be head negotiator to sort out the Israel/Palestine negotiations then he’s off to sort out things between Russia and Ukraine and if he has any spare time he’s going to deal with the Myanmar crisis

merseyjambo
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

St sales will be fine. 

12k imo. 

200/300 folk left spewing sales never dropped to 4k or something. 

Covid will have a far bigger influence on St sales, across every club tho, that effect might be the issue 

And again, ironically if they drop drastically because of this,we go back to Budge for more loans so she stays longer to get paid back. 

ST sales will be nowhere near 12k. 8-9 max. No guarantees as to when we will be back in stadiums and people will pick and choose if it’s the same turgid shite next season

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Apparently if he fails at this, he’s loooking to be head negotiator to sort out the Israel/Palestine negotiations then he’s off to sort out things between Russia and Ukraine and if he has any spare time he’s going to deal with the Myanmar crisis

“At the end of the day, who’s going to replace the army? They might be killing people randomly in Myanmar but what if the next lot kill even more? Maybe the mob should have thought about this before criticising acts of genocide.”

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Total shite.

I pulled my subs after Robbie Neilson suggested that if I wanted to watch a winning team, i should follow City or United.

Ive watched us play guys like Colin More, Pat McShane and Jim Denny. Never once have I thought about going to watch anyone else.

What I object to is some whopper who has just been beaten by Brora telling me that I shouldn’t be annoyed because we lost and that I should follow another team if l want to see them win week in week out, then follow it up with we’re 13 points clear, what’s the problem. Those are the uttering of a man who has zero affinity with the fans and is being contemptuous. 

merseyjambo
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“At the end of the day, who’s going to replace the army? They might be killing people randomly in Myanmar but what if the next lot kill even more? Maybe the mob should have thought about this before criticising acts of genocide.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

ST sales will be nowhere near 12k. 8-9 max. No guarantees as to when we will be back in stadiums and people will pick and choose if it’s the same turgid shite next season

Lower than an eight you say. Play your cards right. Loved that programme. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not spitting the dummy out. You just want to dismiss it as that because it’s not something you agree with. It’s not just the manager either but again, it suits your agenda to kid on it is. It’s about Ann Budge making mistake after mistake with our money, be that FoH, season tickets, or hearts tv. Even the loans she’s put in will ultimately be paid back by the fans. 

Scale it back and 8 years ago(and the 100+ years before) you paid your season ticket money when it came due or you walked up on the Saturdays you were free or could afford to go.  Supported the team, moaned  at the manager, moaned at the players, celebrated the good games , cried at the 7 goal thumpings  (I have been at at least three), moaned at the owners, BUT still kept going and still got a buzz out of Saturdays in Gorgie and also the away trips. 

Today we have 8000+ fans paying roughly £140k per month to the club. That’s an average of about £15 per month per pledger. So, for 50p per day some fans think they now have the right to have a say in who the manager is, which players should be signed, who should be on the board etc. 

Just crazy. 

42 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Lose the carry forward for unused games though. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Scale it back and 8 years ago(and the 100+ years before) you paid your season ticket money when it came due or you walked up on the Saturdays you were free or could afford to go.  Supported the team, moaned  at the manager, moaned at the players, celebrated the good games , cried at the 7 goal thumpings  (I have been at at least three), moaned at the owners, BUT still kept going and still got a buzz out of Saturdays in Gorgie and also the away trips. 

Today we have 8000+ fans paying roughly £140k per month to the club. That’s an average of about £15 per month per pledger. So, for 50p per day some fans think they now have the right to have a say in who the manager is, which players should be signed, who should be on the board etc. 

Just crazy. 

Fans have wanted managers gone before though, as well as chairmen replaced. Nobody can argue that we are getting the best for the money we all put in and that isn’t a recent thing. I’ve seen hearts fans coming to blows with one another in the terraces long before either FoH or the internet. The method of protest isn’t chucking a pie at Tommy McLean anymore but disgruntled fans make waves and noise in one way or another and always have. We deserve better than we are getting, some people think RN can give us that, some don’t. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Fans have wanted managers gone before though, as well as chairmen replaced. Nobody can argue that we are getting the best for the money we all put in and that isn’t a recent thing. I’ve seen hearts fans coming to blows with one another in the terraces long before either FoH or the internet. The method of protest isn’t chucking a pie at Tommy McLean anymore but disgruntled fans make waves and noise in one way or another and always have. We deserve better than we are getting, some people think RN can give us that, some don’t. 

There’s no doubt we could/should be doing better. The amount we are putting in though amounts to, on average, a pint a week. Not sure that buys you much to be honest.  Each to their own though 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s no doubt we could/should be doing better. The amount we are putting in though amounts to, on average, a pint a week. Not sure that buys you much to be honest.  Each to their own though 

If it’s of so little consequence why bother?

My point was more that fans would find ways to complain, protest and moan just as vehemently whether FoH existed or not. Millions have been wasted on costly mistakes and some people are rightly, imo, trying to hold a gun to the clubs head before there is another one. The board loves ignoring warning signs on the pitch until it’s too late and sections of the support have had enough. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s of so little consequence why bother?

My point was more that fans would find ways to complain, protest and moan just as vehemently whether FoH existed or not. Millions have been wasted on costly mistakes and some people are rightly, imo, trying to hold a gun to the clubs head before there is another one. The board loves ignoring warning signs on the pitch until it’s too late and sections of the support have had enough. 

Disagree. Lots on here on the ‘she is wasting my money’ kick. And that’s where a lot of the gnashing of teeth comes from. 
Before it was the owners money that was being wasted. Fans decided if they wanted to pay entry money. Lots of times they didn’t.  In fact most times. Attendances generally poor. There was no real sense of entitlement though. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Total shite.

I pulled my subs after Robbie Neilson suggested that if I wanted to watch a winning team, i should follow City or United.

Ive watched us play guys like Colin More, Pat McShane and Jim Denny. Never once have I thought about going to watch anyone else.

What I object to is some whopper who has just been beaten by Brora telling me that I shouldn’t be annoyed because we lost and that I should follow another team if l want to see them win week in week out, then follow it up with we’re 13 points clear, what’s the problem. Those are the uttering of a man who has zero affinity with the fans and is being contemptuous. 

He never told anyone to follow another team tho, you made that up. 

He doesn't tell anyone to go away and support another team. 

However, I'd choose man City if I were you, man Utd aren't that great. 

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Disagree. Lots on here on the ‘she is wasting my money’ kick. And that’s where a lot of the gnashing of teeth comes from. 
Before it was the owners money that was being wasted. Fans decided if they wanted to pay entry money. Lots of times they didn’t.  In fact most times. Attendances generally poor. There was no real sense of entitlement though. 

Owners put money in and get it back or not depending if the club makes a profit. Ann budge gets her money back regardless of how the club does because ultimately it’s money the fans have donated or spent. Individual entitlement is a bit extreme but should fans have no say on mismanaged funds and unprecedented results? Just shut up and pay up or stop paying abs stop going. Are those the options. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Owners put money in and get it back or not depending if the club makes a profit. Ann budge gets her money back regardless of how the club does because ultimately it’s money the fans have donated or spent. Individual entitlement is a bit extreme but should fans have no say on mismanaged funds and unprecedented results? Just shut up and pay up or stop paying abs stop going. Are those the options. 

Or suspend with the possibility that most of the support will rally round in a few months time. 

That statement should include Ann Budge's signature. There is no way that it wasn't passed by her and edited before it was sent out. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Well that's Me told, eh.

From day 1 also, but the absolute mess our club is in.

I feel withholding is my only form of protest.

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Paid in for 7 years but now "not committed"?

Come on!

People are trying to bring about change & the Board aren't listening so many feel that this is the only option available.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

He really did

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

"It's going to be a twisting road with ups and downs along the way, but that's part and parcel of being a Hearts fan. If you want to go and win every week, then people go and support Man United or Man City, teams like that."

He's talking to me as I "want to go and win every week".

It's right there in black and white but you just choose not to believe it. What a surprise!

Jambo in Bathgate

Well said. My thought too. 

If they put season tickets on sale tomorrow, they'd sell out within days such is the desperation to get back into a stadium to watch live football, there will be supporters with no recent history snapping up tickets like there's no tomorrow. Add that to the real supporters and it'll be full to the rafters.

The online mob on here haven't got a Scooby what goes on outside their 4 walls. 

Doctor FinnBarr
39 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Paid in for 7 years but now "not committed"?

Come on!

People are trying to bring about change & the Board aren't listening so many feel that this is the only option available.

Thats the way I feel and cancelled rather than paused.

By The Light..

This 100%

I made a vow never to cancel after we came out of administration as it's for future generations to have a club to support and I have increased my pledge again. However, I bought 4 season tickets this season for an incredibly poor stream and will take a bit of persuading to part with around a grand this time around as even if crowds can return I will be able to roll up and buy tickets or not on a game by game basis. I would suggest that the club will have to come up with quite a hard sale this time around to get anything like they got this season and get a lot of fans back on board.

J.T.F.Robertson
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

And yet we sit in a slightly precarious position in the second tier of Scottish football after Ann Budge has been driving us for 7 years.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our two spectrum opposites who have bored most of us shitless with their entrenched views for years now.

We're aware of how you feel, give us a break, ffs. 

It's neither as negative or as positive as the stands you both take, and outside of that, WE KNOW, WE FECKIN KNOW!

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

This whole culture of do what we do or you are racist/sexist etc ****ing stinks.

I do not like women's football, I do not support BLM and I dislike Ann budge immensely.  This does not make me hate women or hate black people.  If anyone is mature and reasonable they will accept this.

If people want to put nappies on and act like children and throw accusations around then so be it.

I have met Ann Budge on several occasions and she's an intelligent, successful, honourable business woman and a Hearts fan to boot. She has clearly been played by certain individuals and made a lot of mistakes but I am amazed that you dislike her. Why is that?  She cares and has done her best and I certainly wish her well in retirement and thank her for stepping up when nobody else did.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I made a vow never to cancel after we came out of administration as it's for future generations to have a club to support and I have increased my pledge again. However, I bought 4 season tickets this season for an incredibly poor stream and will take a bit of persuading to part with around a grand this time around as even if crowds can return I will be able to roll up and buy tickets or not on a game by game basis. I would suggest that the club will have to come up with quite a hard sale this time around to get anything like they got this season and get a lot of fans back on board.

Thats  why i paid in the first place but I'm so pissed off with the current regime I cancelled, wife has kept hers but I think she'll be cancelling soon due to certain events that are happening in our lives at this moment which we could be using the extra dosh ourselves.

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thats  why i paid in the first place but I'm so pissed off with the current regime I cancelled, wife has kept hers but I think she'll be cancelling soon due to certain events that are happening in our lives at this moment which we could be using the extra dosh ourselves.

I get that and money is tight for many just now so hopefully things pick up as they say they will and after the handover you will get back on board. I think we take around 2.5 million pounds in season ticket revenue and the new season launch is only weeks away do over to you Hearts.