Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

FOH was set up to pay a loan of £3.5m to take over 75.1% ownership of the club. A three year plan back in 2014.  
Wind forwards and we “the fans” have put in £11m+ over seven years.... and still don’t have ownership or any say. I know we built a new stand, but how much more was wasted on so many other things that were not priorities.

We are a club who is in the championship and has enflicted one of the worst results in football history on the same fans who have contributed so much. 
I just don’t understand how Anne Budge and the board could ever justify this and their existence. 
As for my FOH, that was cancelled, it hurt. But I can’t justify putting another penny in until Budge and her grotesque plans and appointees are gone. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

For a long time, I have struggled with the idea the FoH is a revenue stream for the club that no one else in Scotland has, plus we see generally strong ST renewals, yet it translates to so little on the pitch and academy output. 

How is it possible to have declined in such a manner of the past 5 years with an additional £11m advantage we have over our competitors.

I think I'll sleep easier tonight knowing I am not contributing to it anymore. 

David Black

This is the first time since I started at the very beginning, that I am seriously considering cancelling my pledge until a change of regime and finally the shares are transferred. I will start up when that is done.

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

This is the first time since I started at the very beginning, that I am seriously considering cancelling my pledge until a change of regime and finally the shares are transferred. I will start up when that is done.

I’m not going to stop my  DD but I can understand why fans would .... it’s sad time mate.

I am not cancelling my foh direct debit but will not be renewing my season ticket as long as neilson is still in charge 

4 hours ago, Locky said:

I personally won't but I don't get this insistence on slating fans who do. In times of not attending games, there's much else that can be done to get your point across. And, Ann Budge is a business woman. There's no better way for her to realise how we feel than by seeing a reduced income into the club.

People make it sound as though a couple of hundred cancelled FOH subscriptions is going to put the club into administration. My ST will be renewed next season, and my FOH subscription in tact, but I'm seriously fed up of putting so much money into the club only to be made a mockery of every season. And I sure as hell won't make someone feel bad if they do cancel, or not renew next season.

Going out both cups early would've cost the club more than a couple of hundred cancelled pledges. It wasn't us that caused that. 

3 hours ago, David Black said:

That's what most of us will do. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve cancelled mine which I’m sad about because I’ve been donating from the start but I’ve lost patience. I’ll start up again when Budge is gone and a new management structure is in place but not before.

2 hours ago, Jambojock9 said:

I am not cancelling my foh direct debit but will not be renewing my season ticket as long as neilson is still in charge 

pretty much where I am.

also no more top ups for FOH until this shitshow stops.

Following what I can only take as an actual piss take couple of statements my FOH monthly sub is cancelled..
These funds will transfer to a separate online account until the clowns leading the sinking ship have stepped ashore or walked the plank.

I have never ever felt so uninterested/detached from such a spineless bunch of sheite as currently, they can *** right off.

As soon as this holocaust is sorted the funds will find their way back to FOH.....

HHGH

I’m cancelling mine. That statement was pathetic. I previously halved my pledge due to unhappiness with intertwined relationship between FOH and the club (and the lack of action to stop our decline), and I can no longer justify funding this regime as things stand. 

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’m cancelling mine. That statement was pathetic. I previously halved my pledge due to unhappiness with intertwined relationship between FOH and the club (and the lack of action to stop our decline), and I can no longer justify funding this regime as things stand. 

I think you are right, a lot of people on here (judging by their comments) can’t see the demarcation between Hearts and the FOH and the different roles they have, and that creates a problem.

I can’t see that being resolved short term if at all. That’s why it might be best for the FOH to sell their shareholding to someone who has Hearts best interests at heart!

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I think you are right, a lot of people on here (judging by their comments) can’t see the demarcation between Hearts and the FOH and the different roles they have, and that creates a problem.

I can’t see that being resolved short term if at all. That’s why it might be best for the FOH to sell their shareholding to someone who has Hearts best interests at heart!

The demarcation is perfectly well understood. 

But some people just want to have a pop at any opportunity. To use your own words, a lot of people on here just don't get the simple fact some fans  don't want to fund the current regime any longer. 

shaun.lawson
47 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Indeed. FOH have flat out forgotten the demarcation between them and Hearts - so naturally, they're treated as one and the same by an incandescent fanbase.

FOH should be holding HMFC vigorously to account. Instead, it rolls over, has its belly tickled, and just expects people to keep paying regardless. The whole thing is dysfunctional, incestuous, immensely harmful (because if no-one will hold the board to account, it can do whatever the heck it likes) and bordering on cronyism now. 

The money I would have contributed to FOH will now be paid into a separate savings account for the duration that nothing changes.  Either it will get transferred when things change or go towards a holiday.

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed. FOH have flat out forgotten the demarcation between them and Hearts - so naturally, they're treated as one and the same by an incandescent fanbase.

FOH should be holding HMFC vigorously to account. Instead, it rolls over, has its belly tickled, and just expects people to keep paying regardless. The whole thing is dysfunctional, incestuous, immensely harmful (because if no-one will hold the board to account, it can do whatever the heck it likes) and bordering on cronyism now. 

Sean i think you're great .

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

100% agree and very well put. 

Biggest issue is that the FOH board have never had anyone run against them. We desperately need people with strong personalities who are quite happy to argue till they're blue in the face. The two organisations (Club and FOH) should never be in complete agreement on everything and yet, I'm yet to see any disagreement from either the FOH as an entity or the individuals on the board. 

What would encourage qualified people to put themselves forward? Is it the case that we perhaps need to look into hiring a CEO as the chairman supported by elected representatives? I.e someone paid by the FOH to essentially be Harry the ******* and play devils advocate, push the club board and ask difficult questions?

I'm trying to look at it as a supply/demand issue. I.e its a non-paid role, so few people will put themselves forward. If it became paid, or there was some form or payment involved for their time would this increase the volume and quality of applicants? If there is another way to encourage more people to put themselves forward, I'm keen to hear it?

thehibsareintheirbeds

I'm sure the FOH  board are decent guys and don't doubt their love for the club- and fair play to them for taking on the responsibility but it does feel like they've lost a bit of perspective.

Can only hope this backlash- and some of it is pretty brutal- has them reassessing what's important- getting ownership of the club sorted and helping us get back on track- with a priority on developing young players and a focus on what happens on the pitch.

To fail to act now risks everything we've worked towards

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is a really sad thread in so many ways. I don't blame anyone who's has cancelled or will cancel. What an absolute mess the club and FoH have made of this whole thing - a once in a club's history opportunity and we have basically nothing on the pitch to show for it. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Amen.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its everyone's free choice but don't kid yourself Hearts will have money. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson walk away. 

Its going to get very ugly this 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It IS very ugly - years of this nonsense, all bailed out by FOH & Anderson. People have had enough. 

It's weird that some people raise his name in a "careful what you wish for" kind of way when he has been bailing out ABs failures for years.  

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It doesn't usually end well for clubs that become too reliant on benefactor's money.

That's not to be ungrateful for the support he's given the club (and the rest of Scottish football), just that the future existence of the club shouldn't be dependent on one man's goodwill.

Edited by fancy a brew

Just now, fancy a brew said:

It doesn't usually end well for clubs that become too reliant on benefactors' money.

That's not to be ungrateful for the support he's given the club (and the rest of Scottish football), just that the future existence of the club shouldn't be dependent on one man's goodwill.

Indeed - if it wasn't for him we would be in dire straits.

But then if your mistakes are always going to be forgiven there's no incentive to change. 

IMO Anderson has been a blessing & a curse. 

StevenNaismith

I never thought anything could make me cancel my FOH direct debit. I read the statement from AB earlier and that took me to the edge but she doesn’t speak for the FOH was my reasoning for not cancelling. In the last hour I’ve seen the statement from FOH and I immediately went onto my banking app and cancelled. I’ve paid £51 a month for 7/8 years but they won’t get another penny from me until 1. Neilson AND Budge are no longer in roles at the club and 2. The FOH apologise unreservedly for that utter bollocks they posted earlier. I’ve come to expect the patronising tone from AB but for the FOH to back her up made me so angry!

Also the 3 season tickets we have will NOT be renewed either.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I never thought anything could make me cancel my FOH direct debit. I read the statement from AB earlier and that took me to the edge but she doesn’t speak for the FOH was my reasoning for not cancelling. In the last hour I’ve seen the statement from FOH and I immediately went onto my banking app and cancelled. I’ve paid £51 a month for 7/8 years but they won’t get another penny from me until 1. Neilson AND Budge are no longer in roles at the club and 2. The FOH apologise unreservedly for that utter bollocks they posted earlier. I’ve come to expect the patronising tone from AB but for the FOH to back her up made me so angry!

Also the 3 season tickets we have will NOT be renewed either.

Did you tweet this earlier ? 

heartandsoul
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve cancelled mine which I’m sad about because I’ve been donating from the start but I’ve lost patience. I’ll start up again when Budge is gone and a new management structure is in place but not before.

Same here

No Idle Talk

I would appeal to any Hearts supporter thinking of cancelling their FOH contribution because of Tuesday night not to do so. 

It was terrible. It was embarrassing. No doubt. But big picture, Hearts still need you. Probably more so when things aren't going so well than when things are going great. I'm sure when most people first set up their FOH donation they didn't do it because they believed or expected that things would always be great or the club would always make the right decisions with the money. I imagine it was done out of a love for Heart of Midlothian. If you are really angry about Tuesday night then that love is clearly still there.

I understand everyone's hurt and and anger and frustration. And I understand the 'I want to send a message' feeling. But before you press that cancel button, take a pause and think about if deep down in your heart it feels like the right thing to do.

It is genuinely a bit worrying to read that people are thinking about taking this step. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I would appeal to any Hearts supporter thinking of cancelling their FOH contribution because of Tuesday night not to do so. 

It was terrible. It was embarrassing. No doubt. But big picture, Hearts still need you. Probably more so when things aren't going so well than when things are going great. I'm sure when most people first set up their FOH donation they didn't do it because they believed or expected that things would always be great or the club would always make the right decisions with the money. I imagine it was done out of a love for Heart of Midlothian. If you are really angry about Tuesday night then that love is clearly still there.

I understand everyone's hurt and and anger and frustration. And I understand the 'I want to send a message' feeling. But before you press that cancel button, take a pause and think about if deep down in your heart it feels like the right thing to do.

It is genuinely a bit worrying to read that people are thinking about taking this step. 

I’ve cancelled and I hear what you are saying. It’s not a decision anyone has or is taking lightly. It’s about putting our collective foot down and saying that Neilson and Budge have crossed a line and that we’re not prepared to sit through anymore of this or witness a repeat of Levein. 

No manager should survive that.

With regards to the money, I wouldn’t have any reservations about JKB setting up a fund former pledgers can donate to each month which can be donated to the FOH once Neilson is gone. 

We’ve sat through about 5 years of gross mismanagement of the football department, at a certain point people are within their rights to demand some degree of standards are set. 

I’m feeling like I’ll likely make my missed pledges back up once Neilson and possibly Budge are gone. Certainly Neilson. 

Anyway, hopefully the fan anger is clear as day for the board to see and they will take appropriate action so that this can be brought to an end before payments are missed and it becomes an issue. 

Final point is, it’s very easy to lose subs, convincing people to part with their cash especially in times like these is hard. I seriously hope the FOH board take a look at themselves and how they view the fans. It feels like they’ve created an ‘us and them’ by siding with the club here, and it should always have been ‘we’. Taking fan generosity for granted is dangerous. Getting 100% of the lost subs over the last couple of days back will be difficult and was completely avoidable had the correct action been taken immediately or even when things became clear this isn’t just ‘one of those things’. 

merseyjambo

I had no intention to cancel my pledge even in light of Tuesday and the insipid statements from board and FoH, but tonight after getting in from work and reading the ‘failed audition’ article and quotes in it from the charlatan of a manager, that was my breaking point. 

A man who goes on about failed auditions who has led us to quite possibly the worst result in our history, who has made excuse after excuse for poor performances, who has us playing worse football than under Cathro or going back further Tony Ford and who dropped his knickers when the mighty MK Dons came calling was the final straw. Not another penny until that Charlie Uniform November Tango is gone

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did you tweet this earlier ? 

No, I’ve never posted a tweet, only ever read Twitter.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

No, I’ve never posted a tweet, only ever read Twitter.

👍

Just that it echoed a tweet I read tonight. 

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

👍

Just that it echoed a tweet I read tonight. 

Not guilty m’lord 👍🏻

After that recent Robbie statement and the ones today from budge and FOH I’ve cancelled. Breaks my heart but I will put aside and put back in once the required buyout and managerial change happen. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
39 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I’ve just cancelled. Have never even considered it before but the rhetoric in the succession of statements and interviews over the course the day indicates an incompetence that I can no longer fund. I can no longer trust the owner, or sadly, the FOH.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

This is why I'm in a quandary. Totally p'd off and disappointed in the team and lack of passion. I have some degree of sympathy with Robbie for what he inherited but don't believe he's helped himself with some of signings. I also believe that there are budget restrictions and implications of the demotion and pandemic which is not allowing him to have a totally free hand to do what he would like to do.

I am however more concerned with the resultant implications from cancelled FOH payments/reduced FOH contributions and the abuse that Ann is getting. What ever she may have presided over, no-one deserves the name calling and sheer abuse that has been directed her way. I think we're going to be in the Premier league next season with a Livingston budget so we'd all better get used to what that then implies. If Anderson has any sense, he'd get the f..k away from what could be left after the FOH transfer takes place, especially given the animosity to Ann and the Board. Not saying that they're above criticism, far from it. 

Not sure how to move forward from here.

Auldbenches
14 minutes ago, Pagey said:

This is why I'm in a quandary. Totally p'd off and disappointed in the team and lack of passion. I have some degree of sympathy with Robbie for what he inherited but don't believe he's helped himself with some of signings. I also believe that there are budget restrictions and implications of the demotion and pandemic which is not allowing him to have a totally free hand to do what he would like to do.

I am however more concerned with the resultant implications from cancelled FOH payments/reduced FOH contributions and the abuse that Ann is getting. What ever she may have presided over, no-one deserves the name calling and sheer abuse that has been directed her way. I think we're going to be in the Premier league next season with a Livingston budget so we'd all better get used to what that then implies. If Anderson has any sense, he'd get the f..k away from what could be left after the FOH transfer takes place, especially given the animosity to Ann and the Board. Not saying that they're above criticism, far from it. 

Not sure how to move forward from here.

We move forward as soon as Neilson and his backroom staff are sacked.  It is that easy.  

Leveins Battalion

That statement by the FOH has tipped most over the edge now,Stuart Wallace should resign along with the muppets at the club.

Radio Ga Ga

I be very interested to know how many pledges have been cancelled (I personally know four friends who have cancelled 1 x £40, 2 x £20, 1 x £10 PP)

I don't know how to create a poll but would be good to gauge the room on JKB

1. Cancelled

2. Considering Cancelling

3. Will never cancel, no matter what

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

This is a very reasonable post but sorry to say that I’m no longer willing to fund the pretence that it will get better at Hearts. I cancelled last night which, to be honest, was really depressing. I believed in this scheme at the start and I reckon i’ve banged about 8k into it. What we have now is an arrogant joke of a chairwoman and and FOH hierarchy who treat us with contempt. I refuse to fund them.

Neilson is utterly woeful but he’s merely a symptom of the bigger picture.

This is an individual choice but I would strongly urge people to cancel because our voices need to be heard.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Given that we’re living a Zombie existence anyway under Budge, who really cares 

After cancelling yesterday morning I sent an email to FOH to explain why. Within hours my prediction of a statement from the club commenting on Robbie meeting his main objective of promotion came true and then the Foundation themselves released a statement which confirmed the fears noted in my last paragraph. This was my email...

Hi there,

It is with regret that this morning I have cancelled my DD to the Foundation, having been a member since day 1, and I wanted to share the reasons for this.

I can no longer sit by and willingly contribute additional funds to the club, over and above ST etc, where the footballing side of the club continues on a downward trajectory. Recruitment of players, coaches and managers has been poor for a number of years now. This has played out on the football park with results, barring a couple of ultimately fruitless cup runs, having been unacceptable when compared against the budget available.

I will forever be grateful to Mrs Budge for saving our club at our most desperate time. However, it has become clear that she cannot deliver the on pitch success that a club of our stature should be regularly achieving. Her acceptance of this lack of achievement has continued for too long. She overseen the most farcical recruitment process I have ever seen, which resulted in Craig Levein being given the manager's job. She then took too long to act before relieving him of his duties, before preciding over another long drawn out recruitment process whilst the team floundered towards relegation.

We now have a manager who, despite our strong lead in the league, has failed to get the team performing to an acceptable level, resulting in embarrassing exits from both cup competitions this season. Once can be forgiven, the 2nd cannot.

Mrs Budge again seems prepared to sit by and watch this happen with inaction at the forefront of her approach. I can already envisage and end of season statement acknowledging supporters' concerns but stating that Robbie has met his main aim of getting us promoted back to where we belong. This of course ignores the glaring on field evidence that the team is simply not good enough.

The Foundation has done great work but, given the amount of funds injected into the club through it, I would have expected to see the results of strong challenge against the consistent failings of the club's board, who have overseen the aforementioned issues. I can only assume that the club either doesn't listen, or the Foundation supports the views of the current board. To that end I can no longer financially support the Foundation.

Regards

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I be very interested to know how many pledges have been cancelled (I personally know four friends who have cancelled 1 x £40, 2 x £20, 1 x £10 PP)

I don't know how to create a poll but would be good to gauge the room on JKB

1. Cancelled

2. Considering Cancelling

3. Will never cancel, no matter what

5000 new pledges in last day :greggy: