Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

If the next owners and manager squander millions of OUR money on utter shite whilst leading us to the Championship and the worst result in our entire history, then yes, we do it again. But I'm confident they won't. 👍

The last owner almost got us liquidated! 

😂😂

I'd sack Robbie, and I think he needs to go now but using foh as a tool for leverage was not what it was set up to do and imo shouldn't be used that way. 

If folk cancel because other priorities turn up then fair enough or can't join then fair enough but to cancel because you want something done and they don't do it is poor and will likely mean the foh dies or is at least revamped 

Fans can't run the club in this way , the don't have the knowledge, the skills or  the emotional stability. 

Also, if Budge goes who's taking over her and filling in the Likley £2-£4m financial gap? 

Who's this mystery football man? 

Robbie fair enough, but folk aren't thinking the whole board change over very we'll. 

As I said I think almost £2m was covered last season to make sure along with foh we never made a loss. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

I'd sack Robbie, and I think he needs to go now but using foh as a tool for leverage was not what it was set up to do and imo shouldn't be used that way. 

If folk cancel because other priorities turn up then fair enough or can't join then fair enough but to cancel because you want something done and they don't do it is poor and will likely mean the foh dies or is at least revamped 

Fans can't run the club in this way , the don't have the knowledge, the skills or  the emotional stability. 

Also, if Budge goes who's taking over her and filling in the Likley £2-£4m financial gap? 

Robbie fair enough, but folk aren't thinking the whole board change over very we'll. 

As I said I think almost £2m was covered last season to make sure along with foh we never made a loss. 

What does the previous owner have to do with it? 

And it's MY money going into FoH so it's ME who will decide when to stop doing it. If you're happy throwing your hard earned cash down a black hole then that's up to you and I respect that. But please respect my right not to do it. 

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

Why was £2m covered? Are our accountants as useless as our coaches and scouts?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I hear what you're saying. I'm pretty depressed about feeling like cancelling is the only way to get my point across. We have a poll showing 95% of fans want him gone and based on Anns previous, she'll ignore that and push on regardless. Due to covid, any kind of protest in person isn't sensible. 

If there is another avenue which will get the point across, I'm all ears - But this seems to be the only option where there is a reaction to their action (or lack of). 

If the cancelations are sending alarm bells out then I think the message is being received. I totally accept its not something that can be done every time something we don't like happens, but that result has went beyond the realm of what could be considered acceptable, and the idea that he thinks he can just move on from it actually pisses me off.  

I agree. 

There must be an avenue for an official fan statement. 

I don't think cancelling will send alarm bells ringing, they'll think that an improvement in results next season will see them return, as football Is Generally results based and as fans the midd changes. 

They will expect a dip, but will count on fans returning when we get to the top flight and sign new players and they'll hope we start. 

Any hit financially would have to be bigger than sacking Robbie and his team and finance a new mgt team to make it hit home. 

Likley Hood is it will just show the board and future boards that the foh isn't as stable as maybe first thought and that they need to be strong or change the dynamic as it will set a predicent they can't have-fans using it as leverage to get their way. 

It's not great either way tho. 

No doubt, if we finish the season strong, new players,  promoted, first chance at a game in ages will see the general mood turn positive, but this result will hang over Robbies head like a noose, it's just a matter of time until it's tightened. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

Thought I would have felt guilty but quite the opposite,relief. So for me it was the right thing to do. This is a culmination of what has been mismanaged over the last few years. By now with the money the club has had at it's disposal we should have been the third most successful club in Scotland, sadly we're not. 

lost in space
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

WOW - a sensible post from SRB - I am more shocked than Tuesday night.

I agree that we cant run the club by cancelling contributions when we dont like what club are doing - BUT we are not doing this on a monthly or even annual basis.

I was tempted to cancel just before Levein left but didnt.  I dont even remember when I first started paying (at the start of FoH) - but there comes a "tipping point" and I have reached mine.

I would not criticise any one who continues paying but this is the only "voice" we have at this time.

😂😂

Never mind the fans, a lot of us are question wether Ann Budge has the knowledge, skill and mental stability to run the club, given our performance over the last 3- 4 years.

Regarding the £2 -£4 million funding gap ? Who was responsible for this ? We could always give - stop signing ( and getting rid off) masses of over paid duds, sign a decent coach, improve our player improvement and live within our means, a go ?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What does the previous owner have to do with it? 

And it's MY money going into FoH so it's ME who will decide when to stop doing it. If you're happy throwing your hard earned cash down a black hole then that's up to you and I respect that. But please respect my right not to do it. 

I respect your right not to do it, I said that. Folk can spend thier money how they want. 

I have issues with your reasoning. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It pisses on the whole point of the foundation, not only that it endangers our very existence

Wasn't the whole point of the foundation to pay back the loan so that the fans would own the club?

I don't remember anything about keeping failing managers and couldn't care less players in the style to which they've become accustomed.

Our last annual accounts showed we needed loans of £3.4m to cover the losses

Don't think so. Ann Budge is an ah-may-zing business woman you're just making stuff up to make her look bad.

The only losers will be us and the winners, the other teams. 

Spot on mate, without FOH donations we'd probably end up in the championship, and getting knocked out in the first round of the cups by part-time, or even non league teams.

Edited by fancy a brew

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jr ewing said:

Thought I would have felt guilty but quite the opposite,relief. So for me it was the right thing to do. This is a culmination of what has been mismanaged over the last few years. By now with the money the club has had at it's disposal we should have been the third most successful club in Scotland, sadly we're not. 

Fair enough. 

We were never going to be third most successful club this season tho. 

That hasn't changed from last year. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, fancy a brew said:

Wasn't the whole point of the foundation to pay back the loan so that the fans would own the club?

I don't remember anything about keeping failing managers and couldn't care less players in the style to which they've become accustomed.

Don't think so. Ann Budge is an ah-may-zing business woman you're just making stuff up to make her look bad.

Spot on mate, without FOH donations we'd probably end up in the championship and getting knocked out of the cups by part-time, or even non league teams.

The accounts showed a massive filler by donations, part of that was foundation donations, but it was much bigger. 

Perhaps someone can confirm. 

I hope I'm wrong, because the gap will be bigger for this season. 

The accounts showed a massive filler by donations, part of that was foundation donations, but it was much bigger. 

Perhaps someone can confirm. 

I hope I'm wrong, because the gap will be bigger for this season. 

That massive whooshing sound you heard was the point going over your head.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

But it's OK for other people to say that cancelling your dd is "threatening" the club and "appalling" and they don't want you to restart when/if budge and neilson go?

We've been too accepting of how poorly the club has been ran for the past 5 seasons now and good to see so many people not prepared to accept it anymore. We deserve better.

Two wrongs don't make a right!

And in terms of being insulting, the comment I quoted, in marks out of 10, was a 10.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Never mind the fans, a lot of us are question wether Ann Budge has the knowledge, skill and mental stability to run the club, given our performance over the last 3- 4 years.

Regarding the £2 -£4 million funding gap ? Who was responsible for this ? We could always give - stop signing ( and getting rid off) masses of over paid duds, sign a decent coach, improve our player improvement and live within our means, a go ?

All fair, but has she not bring in a football director and Savage. 

Not many owners, if any are football folk. It's the biggest myth on JKB that football people run clubs. They don't. 

CL failed, he's gone. 

New team in. 

We are still on for promotion, but Tuesdays result puts doubts on Robbies future and confirms the future of the players. 

Using foh to force the board is not right with me. It was not meant as a leverage tool. 

Maybe needs must, but it sets a predicent that boards will not take kindly too. 

It may even put off potenial buyers or investors. Who knows? 

Football is a money pit anyway, without the fans having a say on the business side. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

glynnlondon
36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's the only language they understand and is perfectly acceptable behaviour. In fact, I applaud it. 

Yep

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I respect your right not to do it, I said that. Folk can spend thier money how they want. 

I have issues with your reasoning. 

My reasons are we're a total embarrassment and are heading nowhere fast. When he's dumped I will happily start contributing again. 

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Two wrongs don't make a right!

And in terms of being insulting, the comment I quoted, in marks out of 10, was a 10.

Is Jesus interested in the managers job? At least the board wouldn’t be so blind. 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Is Jesus interested in the managers job? At least the board wouldn’t be so blind. 

The "board" in Jesus' day were hopeless!

Welcome this week, crucify Him next week. 

(cf. Matthew 21 - I love the providence of God's timing)

Rocky jamboa
51 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah , it's not as if Budge's mis handling didn't put the club's existence on the line  when she committed the "business" to the ludicrous costs for the new stand , is it ?

Or the millions spunked away on terrible  players & managers by which she has only saved her ass because she found a benefactor. 

But have a go at the fans that have been funding this shit show for the last 5 years. Great. 

I'm not having a go at the fans at all. No fans have done anywhere near as much have we've done over the last 7 years. We deserve more and folk are finally not accepting it. That's my point. The blame falls solely at the feet of Budge for me.  Someone was having a go at me for having cancelled my FOH dd and that I was "threatening" the club. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair, but has she not bring in a football director and Savage. 

Not many owners, if any are football folk. It's the biggest myth on JKB that football people run clubs. They don't. 

CL failed, he's gone. 

New team in. 

We are still on for promotion, but Tuesdays result puts doubts on Robbies future and confirms the future of the players. 

Using foh to force the board is not right with me. It was not meant as a leverage tool. 

Maybe needs must, but it sets a predicent that boards will not take kindly too. 

It may even put off potenial buyers or investors. Who knows? 

Football is a money pit anyway, without the fans having a say on the business side. 

You do know that our football director left Scottish Golf in disarray?

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I'm not having a go at the fans at all. No fans have done anywhere near as much have we've done over the last 7 years. We deserve more and folk are finally not accepting it. That's my point. The blame falls solely at the feet of Budge for me.  Someone was having a go at me for having cancelled my FOH dd and that I was "threatening" the club. 

Not disagreeing with you, I just didn't construct my agreement too well. 

👍

31 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Spot on mate, without FOH donations we'd probably end up in the championship, and getting knocked out in the first round of the cups by part-time, or even non league teams.

:rofl:

Rocky jamboa
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not disagreeing with you, I just didn't construct my agreement too well. 

👍

Ah cool. 👍😁

BRAVEHEART1874

The teams been below par quite a lot this season. Slow getting the ball forward, mxed with poor passes and far to many scuffed or over the bar shots. I will never cancel my FOH payment though, for me that is not what it is about. A Season ticket would be a different story. 

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Cancelled mine this morning having paid my 20 quid a month since day 1. I doubt they'll notice, buy hey ho. 

For me this isn't about holding the club to ransom because I don't like the manager. It's about the fact that my money has been wasted on vanity projects and absolute shite. It's about pushing back against the downward slide the club has been experiencing for a number of years now. It's about the apathy from the board when it comes to results on the pitch. It's about the inaction of that same board which has led to us being in the state we are in today. The result the other night it merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

I will forever be grateful to Budge for helping us out when we needed it most, but it has been clear for a long time that she cannot properly run a football club in order to get the best results on the pitch. It's time for her to go and I won't continue putting money into the club through FOH only for it to be spent on the likes of the shite we have seen over the past 4 years.

Above thoughts echo my own feelings in the way things have gone for far to long, but, as illogical as it seems I still can’t bring myself to cancelling. 

Francis Albert

Among all this "holding the club to ransom" chat there is a case to be made that FoH and the club have been taking our money under false pretences for a year. FoH members fulfilled all the requirements for the transfer of shares and gaining a controlling interest a year ago. But we still have no firm date - Ann waffles about details to be resolved, the Takeover Panel, desire to celebrate with fans back at Tynie and that she would like it to happen at the beginning of next season. 

Who is holding whom to ransom?. 

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

I think it’s a shame it’s come to this and agree with those who say payments to the foh shouldn’t be used to blackmail the club or some sort of smoking gun every time we aren’t happy. Everyone pays from their own pocket though so have that right though but I completely disagree with it. It’s hard but I think separating our support for the club rather than AB or RNis needed. I think the lack of fans in the stadium has led to this though and allowed things to progress in the wrong direction. Normally we could vocalise or mood but that option isn’t there. I’ve always thought it is really harsh to be judged on losing one cup game but If AB really doesn’t see the magnitude of that result though she needs to go with him. 

It's not just about "losing one cup game" though, is it?

That just happened to be what brought the House of Neilson crashing down.

lost in space
17 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

The teams been below par quite a lot this season. Slow getting the ball forward, mxed with poor passes and far to many scuffed or over the bar shots. I will never cancel my FOH payment though, for me that is not what it is about. A Season ticket would be a different story. 

That was what I had decided. Spoke to a couple of pals - both said that they didnt think they would buy STs but would buy individual tickets for some games. So, I thought I would do the same (my FoH contribution was for life).

THEN - I thought, wait a minute - I'm going to give Hearts money and have the hassle of getting individual tickets - when I can buy a season ticket (use it infrequently) and cancel the FoH payment.

So that is what I am doing - have cancelled the FoH / buying a season ticket/ going to selected games. Makes more sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Among all this "holding the club to ransom" chat there is a case to be made that FoH and the club have been taking our money under false pretences for a year. FoH members fulfilled all the requirements for the transfer of shares and gaining a controlling interest a year ago. But we still have no firm date - Ann waffles about details to be resolved, the Takeover Panel, desire to celebrate with fans back at Tynie and that she would like it to happen at the beginning of next season. 

The club, and to a degree FOH, seem to be banking on blind loyalty and the fact that we can't walk away from a business that's treating us with disdain.

They both might get a shock.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

You do know that our football director left Scottish Golf in disarray?

I know nothing about golf. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When you use phrases like this, you make it look personal thus diluting your own case.  She may be correct and the delay may be valid.

However we need a clearer picture of what's happening and if that doesn't come from the Board it needs to come from FoH.  Accountability is of paramount importance.  We pay our money.

I wonder if we have the right reps on the Board, although democracy dictates that we do, but meantime I think we (FoH) should request a crisis meeting with the Board and ascertain their short term plans to satisfy ourselves that something is being done.  Business confidentiality will restrict how public the answers can be made but it would suffice for me to know that real serious considerations are in hand and a more definite takeover date is pencilled in.

Bazzas right boot

Can someone confirm that donations made up around £3m, iirc it was £3.6m or £3.2m. That included over £1m from foh tho. 

That gap has got to be biggger this season, Aberdeen expected a £6m shortfall. 

If Budge goes, who makes up for that shortfall, pays of Robbie and gets this new dream team in and guarantees success? 

By my fag packet maths mean's around £4m-£6m will be needed just to keep the finances as is and get a new manager in place 

Or is the plan from the fans just sack everyone and end there? 

The problem with revolts and fans having a say is  right there. It goes nothing beyond blaming someone, getting rid and feeling better. 

Sack Robbie, Sack cathro, sack CL-can't get worse, sack Stendel, sack Robbie, it will be  sack Savage next then sack the new guy if we end up below 4th place next season. 

Get rid of Ann by with holding foh and St cash-great who's this football guy with cash to burn that is taking over? No where, he only exists in folks heads. 

Right now, I don't see how Robbie survives this result

However, Who ever is manager in June will have the luxury of around 15 of the squad being binned / out of contract. 

I'm giving whoever the manager is a chance from there before more demanding more changes. 

The problem for me is more with the players now tbh, many simply haven't delivered under 3 managers -  nothing to do with Budge imo. 

Someone posted that 8/11 that started on Tuesday won't be here next season. There's your problem. 

Robbie or no Robbie that is a massive issue. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

39 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It's not just about "losing one cup game" though, is it?

That just happened to be what brought the House of Neilson crashing down.

I’ve came across wrong and worded that wrong. I was more meaning losing a cup game in isolation normally isn’t enough to justify a sacking. Losing to Brora is an exception to that though and he should be emptied regardless. 

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’ve came across wrong and worded that wrong. I was more meaning losing a cup game in isolation normally isn’t enough to justify a sacking. Losing to Brora is an exception to that though and he should be emptied regardless. 

Absolutely. 

Well, sorry to say I've now cancelled. I was waiting until later to actually cancel just in case the club would do the right thing here, but its apparent that Ann is bunkered down and doesn't give a **** from that statement, more pretty words with no action. I can't support Levein 2.0 as there is no way Robbie turns this around. Its a result much like the 2:2 hibs game which will define his reign. Its untenable and he needs to go immediately. Kirk and Locke could bring a feel good back to the team to the end of the season and someone like Neil could come in during the summer and get things sorted.  

:( 

I will not cancel mine as I've said along along it's a pledge for life for me. 

Will delay buying season tickets until the last possible moment, my seats are too good to give up.

David Black
2 hours ago, OTT said:

I hear what you're saying. I'm pretty depressed about feeling like cancelling is the only way to get my point across. We have a poll showing 95% of fans want him gone and based on Anns previous, she'll ignore that and push on regardless. Due to covid, any kind of protest in person isn't sensible. 

If there is another avenue which will get the point across, I'm all ears - But this seems to be the only option where there is a reaction to their action (or lack of). 

If the cancelations are sending alarm bells out then I think the message is being received. I totally accept its not something that can be done every time something we don't like happens, but that result has went beyond the realm of what could be considered acceptable, and the idea that he thinks he can just move on from it actually pisses me off.  

This is my whole argument about the need for FOH after the shares are transferred. It will be used as a buffer between the fans and the Board and collect our DD's, that's it. No one thinks any longer they represent us, it's just a jolly for them, unpaid but plenty perks along the way. It's been pointed out to me that it is in the rules as to how the future partnership operates, but it's also a general rule that the owners of the company can change those rules following due process. HMFC will be some weird company if the owners of that company cannot on major issues like this not have a say and instruct the board accordingly. If that is not the case I fail to see the point of fan ownership. This entire debate is not about 1 result, it is about 4 years of steady decline, endless poor decisions, god knows how much money wasted, a style of football beyond boring, yet we are back where we started. We either have the power to change certain rules, influence board decisions on catastrophic situations like this or fan ownership is a waste of time. Having said that, maybe this is the long term ploy, sicken the member so much they cancel their DD's and that leaves Ann with her % controlling as per.

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

This is my whole argument about the need for FOH after the shares are transferred. It will be used as a buffer between the fans and the Board and collect our DD's, that's it. No one thinks any longer they represent us, it's just a jolly for them, unpaid but plenty perks along the way. It's been pointed out to me that it is in the rules as to how the future partnership operates, but it's also a general rule that the owners of the company can change those rules following due process. HMFC will be some weird company if the owners of that company cannot on major issues like this not have a say and instruct the board accordingly. If that is not the case I fail to see the point of fan ownership. This entire debate is not about 1 result, it is about 4 years of steady decline, endless poor decisions, god knows how much money wasted, a style of football beyond boring, yet we are back where we started. We either have the power to change certain rules, influence board decisions on catastrophic situations like this or fan ownership is a waste of time. Having said that, maybe this is the long term ploy, sicken the member so much they cancel their DD's and that leaves Ann with her % controlling as per.

There very apparently isn't anyone in the driving seat demanding standards. One thing which seems to be very clear to me is that its the same folk putting themselves forward for directorships every time. IMO we should consider offering some kind of small salary (as it seems to be done in conjunction with their other jobs) to encourage more applicants to come forward. I'm not saying tens of thousands, but maybe £10k or £5k per director. Its not masses, and it shouldn't cut in too deeply to the coffers but enough whereby people who have genuine skills and determination could come forward and turn it less into appearing to be little more than a jolly. 

Admittedly, I'm not totally comfortable with the idea, but it might be worth looking to see who comes forward if a salary is dangled there. 

David Black
1 minute ago, OTT said:

There very apparently isn't anyone in the driving seat demanding standards. One thing which seems to be very clear to me is that its the same folk putting themselves forward for directorships every time. IMO we should consider offering some kind of small salary (as it seems to be done in conjunction with their other jobs) to encourage more applicants to come forward. I'm not saying tens of thousands, but maybe £10k or £5k per director. Its not masses, and it shouldn't cut in too deeply to the coffers but enough whereby people who have genuine skills and determination could come forward and turn it less into appearing to be little more than a jolly. 

Admittedly, I'm not totally comfortable with the idea, but it might be worth looking to see who comes forward if a salary is dangled there. 

It has always been difficult to attract others to stand for election to FOH, even more so after share transfer. However, a club of our stature should have no difficulty in attracting individuals of some stature and means within the Hearts community to stand against the present board. There is a massive difference in the status and pull of being a club director and an FOH one.

I personally won't but I don't get this insistence on slating fans who do. In times of not attending games, there's much else that can be done to get your point across. And, Ann Budge is a business woman. There's no better way for her to realise how we feel than by seeing a reduced income into the club.

People make it sound as though a couple of hundred cancelled FOH subscriptions is going to put the club into administration. My ST will be renewed next season, and my FOH subscription in tact, but I'm seriously fed up of putting so much money into the club only to be made a mockery of every season. And I sure as hell won't make someone feel bad if they do cancel, or not renew next season.

35 minutes ago, OTT said:

Well, sorry to say I've now cancelled. I was waiting until later to actually cancel just in case the club would do the right thing here, but its apparent that Ann is bunkered down and doesn't give a **** from that statement, more pretty words with no action. I can't support Levein 2.0 as there is no way Robbie turns this around. Its a result much like the 2:2 hibs game which will define his reign. Its untenable and he needs to go immediately. Kirk and Locke could bring a feel good back to the team to the end of the season and someone like Neil could come in during the summer and get things sorted.  

:( 

I've done the same ... Don't know what else to do ... Will start up again once I see action and improvement in both play and attitude ... Sad affair

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I personally won't but I don't get this insistence on slating fans who do. In times of not attending games, there's much else that can be done to get your point across. And, Ann Budge is a business woman. There's no better way for her to realise how we feel than by seeing a reduced income into the club.

People make it sound as though a couple of hundred cancelled FOH subscriptions is going to put the club into administration. My ST will be renewed next season, and my FOH subscription in tact, but I'm seriously fed up of putting so much money into the club only to be made a mockery of every season. And I sure as hell won't make someone feel bad if they do cancel, or not renew next season.

Yeah, I'm mostly wanting to get across an idea of action/reaction. Me cancelling individually means **** all, but it seems like that could be a few hundred who have said enoughs enough. Even if 100 people cancel and are only pledging a £10 thats £12,000 gone. Not a huge amount, but enough to think 'ouch' (although I suspect the figure will be higher, unsure what the avg donation is).  

It goes to the lack of accountability at the club for the footballing department. If they won't hold themselves accountable then I'll vote with my wallet, as sour a taste as its leaving in my mouth feeling like I have to. since evidently Budge has no intention of holding Robbie accountable in the way every other club would. That attitude will only breed further failure. 

maroonplatoon87

Every fan should withhold for 1 month as an act of protest, we’ve given the club more than enough over the Budge era

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

When you use phrases like this, you make it look personal thus diluting your own case.  She may be correct and the delay may be valid.

However we need a clearer picture of what's happening and if that doesn't come from the Board it needs to come from FoH.  Accountability is of paramount importance.  We pay our money.

I wonder if we have the right reps on the Board, although democracy dictates that we do, but meantime I think we (FoH) should request a crisis meeting with the Board and ascertain their short term plans to satisfy ourselves that something is being done.  Business confidentiality will restrict how public the answers can be made but it would suffice for me to know that real serious considerations are in hand and a more definite takeover date is pencilled in.

I think I was being generous to her by saying she waffled about the timing of the share transfer. Sorry "the handing over" of the shares. We have paid over £11m for them to be "handed over".

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The club is supposed to be self sufficient and the foh money is just generous donations from fans.  The club shouldn't be relying on it or be using it to emotionally blackmail fans.  This is extra money.  Why should people give money to people they don't trust with it?  

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I'm mostly wanting to get across an idea of action/reaction. Me cancelling individually means **** all, but it seems like that could be a few hundred who have said enoughs enough. Even if 100 people cancel and are only pledging a £10 thats £12,000 gone. Not a huge amount, but enough to think 'ouch' (although I suspect the figure will be higher, unsure what the avg donation is).  

It goes to the lack of accountability at the club for the footballing department. If they won't hold themselves accountable then I'll vote with my wallet, as sour a taste as its leaving in my mouth feeling like I have to. since evidently Budge has no intention of holding Robbie accountable in the way every other club would. That attitude will only breed further failure. 

Exactly. No one is saying cancel it for good and give up on the FOH model. This is merely the reaction of what seems like a fanbase who are almost in unison for once, at being entirely fed up of how spineless and badly run our footballing department is.

This is not just kneejerk reactions to one bad result either. I have been very much in favour of Ann Budge since day 1, and have trusted that she knows what's best for the club. But as we all know, 7 years following her take over, we've ended right back where we started and it's an utter travesty. For too long, I have blindly paid my money and kept quiet assuming they know best, but even I have found my tipping point. Not enough to take such actions myself just yet, but I'm seriously heading in that direction.

siegementality

I’m cancelling. What’s more I will be spending the money I save and probably just waste it on shite, why not? The club have been doing that with it for years.