Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

Pledged for life. I want Hearts to thrive and not just survive. We can protest in other ways. If we won’t fund our club who will? Never want to be in admin ever again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 minute ago, Papa said:

Pledged for life. I want Hearts to thrive and not just survive. We can protest in other ways. If we won’t fund our club who will? Never want to be in admin ever again.

And this fear is exactly why we are where we are.  

Fortune favours the brave.  

1 minute ago, ScoPo said:

And this fear is exactly why we are where we are.  

Fortune favours the brave.  

No idea what you mean.

5 minutes ago, Papa said:

Also knee jerk reactions tend not be for the best!

Simmering for years now. Wasting money, our money hand over fist. 

1 minute ago, Papa said:

No idea what you mean.

Well we are so afraid of admin that we are prepared to suffer anything.   But that mindset is what will kill us in the end.  

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Simmering for years now. Wasting money, our money hand over fist. 

OK but we (the Foundation) are at the threshold of taking over control why hamstring us now? Pull the plug now and we endanger everything we strived to achieve.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Papa said:

OK but we (the Foundation) are at the threshold of taking over control why hamstring us now? Pull the plug now and we endanger everything we strived to achieve.

Not really. The money is there to complete the takeover. Why FoH haven't done that and believe that we need some sort of event to do so is unclear.

9 minutes ago, Papa said:

Enough money in the account already. Should have been transferred by now but was postponed due to Covid. Contributors back online after this debacle has been sorted. 

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

What a stupid thing to say....

Curious as to how you think FoH have any influence on anything that currently  happens on the pitch? They have a place on the Hearts board, but that's a "majority rule" situation whereby any proposal must get majority (or possibly unanimous) backing. If they propose we sack Neilson on the back of some of you stopping your FoH contributions and the rest of the board disagree, the discussion ends there and Robbie keeps his job. Are they advising him who to pick and how to set up the team and what tactics play? Do tell....... 

The question someone raised, concerned contributors to FoH, and if anyone was considering stopping their pledge inlight of the team's performances, which is the entitlement of anyone who gives money to FoH. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Grow up. A hobo because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you? There must be quite a few hobos on here tonight then. 

And "because of guys like you" is grown up?  By the way, if you look at my posts recently, I'm talking from the opposite side of the fence of the guys you are insulting with your crass, snide put down.  Hearts fan, maybe, Hearts supporter my a**e!!!

Take your own advice and grow up!

That is my objection to your post but having seen that you've lost any credibility.

Edited by colinmaroon

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Curious as to how you think FoH have any influence on anything that currently  happens on the pitch? They have a place on the Hearts board, but that's a "majority rule" situation whereby any proposal must get majority (or possibly unanimous) backing. If they propose we sack Neilson on the back of some of you stopping your FoH contributions and the rest of the board disagree, the discussion ends there and Robbie keeps his job. Are they advising him who to pick and how to set up the team and what tactics play? Do tell....... 

That is the situation in theory but in practice if our 2 members are continually overruled/ignored there comes a time when they say (or should say) what is the point of our being here?.  The rest of the Board would be foolish to underestimate the mood of the fans right now and listen they must.

Dont care what others think, I won't be putting another penny into the club until budge and neilson are gone, will save it then make a donation after they leave. 

6 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I dont think using the FOH subs as away to blackmail or force the club is what the FOH is for ,but I do get the exceptional circumstances here and some are thinking that way .

So I won't getvangry or dismiss those who cancel temporarily at this time .

But if it becomes a constant threat above the board members you are going to create a club that's scared to do anything but follow short term populism that fans want rather than longer term planning .

Thats not good for our club.

I agree with this, we shouldn't use foh as a way to blackmail the club at any oppurtunity but this time it is an exceptional circumstance, and a strong message has to be sent to AB, the board and the club that the fans will not put up with this shit anymore, we have had 5 seasons of absolute crap on the park culminating in a defeat to a highland league mob yesterday, the longer we keep puting money in the longer we will be taken for mugs, enough is enough.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I agree with this, we shouldn't use foh as a way to blackmail the club at any oppurtunity but this time it is an exceptional circumstance, and a strong message has to be sent to AB, the board and the club that the fans will not put up with this shit anymore, we have had 5 seasons of absolute crap on the park culminating in a defeat to a highland league mob yesterday, the longer we keep puting money in the longer we will be taken for mugs, enough is enough.

Very  true 5 seasons of squandering fans money on mediocre players buying players in bulk hoping and gambling that they would get 11 decent players out of 80 am with the fans who are going to stop donations how else can we be heard club can’t even make a statement to fans that’s what Ann budge of us but just give us more money  feck off budge 

4 minutes ago, f..k dm said:

Very  true 5 seasons of squandering fans money on mediocre players buying players in bulk hoping and gambling that they would get 11 decent players out of 80 am with the fans who are going to stop donations how else can we be heard club can’t even make a statement to fans that’s what Ann budge thinks of us but just give us more money  feck off budge 

Cancelled mine this morning having paid my 20 quid a month since day 1. I doubt they'll notice, buy hey ho. 

For me this isn't about holding the club to ransom because I don't like the manager. It's about the fact that my money has been wasted on vanity projects and absolute shite. It's about pushing back against the downward slide the club has been experiencing for a number of years now. It's about the apathy from the board when it comes to results on the pitch. It's about the inaction of that same board which has led to us being in the state we are in today. The result the other night it merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

I will forever be grateful to Budge for helping us out when we needed it most, but it has been clear for a long time that she cannot properly run a football club in order to get the best results on the pitch. It's time for her to go and I won't continue putting money into the club through FOH only for it to be spent on the likes of the shite we have seen over the past 4 years.

Japan Jambo

Did the same last night, club is tin eared, FoH unwilling/unable to hold them to account. We need major changes, blindly tipping in cash to have it squandered by an out of touch and bloated 'leadership' isn't for me.

Gordon Ramsay

The club won't get another penny from me until Budge and Neilson are gone. 

I've given more than enough to this club in my lifetime and in the future I will give more but at a time when I'm expecting my first child in August I'm cutting some unnecessary costs. 

For me, giving money to Annie for her to piss it up a wall is an unnecessary cost. Enough is enough. 

I think it’s a shame it’s come to this and agree with those who say payments to the foh shouldn’t be used to blackmail the club or some sort of smoking gun every time we aren’t happy. Everyone pays from their own pocket though so have that right though but I completely disagree with it. It’s hard but I think separating our support for the club rather than AB or RNis needed. I think the lack of fans in the stadium has led to this though and allowed things to progress in the wrong direction. Normally we could vocalise or mood but that option isn’t there. I’ve always thought it is really harsh to be judged on losing one cup game but If AB really doesn’t see the magnitude of that result though she needs to go with him. 

Edited by Dazo

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think it’s a shame it’s come to this and agree with those who say payments to the foh shouldn’t be used to blackmail the club or some sort of smoking gun every time we aren’t happy. Everyone pays from their own pocket though so have that right though but I completely disagree with it. It’s hard but I think separating our support for the club rather than AB or RNis needed. I think the lack of fans in the stadium has led to this though and allowed things to progress in the wrong direction. Normally we could vocalise or mood but that option isn’t there. I’ve always thought it is really harsh to be judged on losing one cup game but If AB really doesn’t see the magnitude of that result though she needs to go with him. 

Alloa put us out of the League Cup. His cup record throughout both his tenures is absolutely disgraceful. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Alloa put us out of the League Cup. His cup record throughout both his tenures is absolutely disgraceful. 

No argument there. Alloa game while pissing the league was survivable imo. When you add it into the recent mix it truly is a horrific record. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not really. The money is there to complete the takeover. Why FoH haven't done that and believe that we need some sort of event to do so is unclear.

Because in the end, it will be purely ceremonial. Year zero will be no different to today. Budge will hang around and infect everything. Our FOH reps will continue to bend over and take her length.

Our fanbase is basically just a cash machine, nothing more, nothing less.

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think it’s a shame it’s come to this and agree with those who say payments to the foh shouldn’t be used to blackmail the club or some sort of smoking gun every time we aren’t happy. Everyone pays from their own pocket though so have that right though but I completely disagree with it. It’s hard but I think separating our support for the club rather than AB or RNis needed. I think the lack of fans in the stadium has led to this though and allowed things to progress in the wrong direction. Normally we could vocalise or mood but that option isn’t there. I’ve always thought it is really harsh to be judged on losing one cup game but If AB really doesn’t see the magnitude of that result though she needs to go with 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because in the end, it will be purely ceremonial. Year zero will be no different to today. Budge will hang around and infect everything. Our FOH reps will continue to bend over and take her length.

👍👍👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Perhaps but at least fans might actually have the motivation and the means to change things when that happens.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps but at least fans might actually have the motivation and the means to change things when that happens.

It’s really difficult though. The way I see it, you’d almost need an FOH mk2 to mobilise people and make them understand what it takes to change FOH.

I’ve come to realise that our FOH reps have created a closed shop for themselves. They must have hoped that they could just fly under the radar for years but sadly, everyone can see that their spineless behaviour is partly to blame for the mess we’re in.

Heartsofgold
10 hours ago, David Black said:

The problem is, how long is temporary.

Doesn’t matter. The club is permanent. BUT I’m hoping that many of these temporary flops are moved on post haste. 

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That is the situation in theory but in practice if our 2 members are continually overruled/ignored there comes a time when they say (or should say) what is the point of our being here?.  The rest of the Board would be foolish to underestimate the mood of the fans right now and listen they must.

Completely agree Al, but won't accept being called stupid when I'm actually right. We should only be discussing withdrawal of funding in extreme circumstances such as in your example. If the FoH reps come out and tell us that they have a problem, that they are being undermined and constantly over-ridden, not that we've had a shite result! 

They don't have any input into the team, training, tactics etc.

They have a say about the running of the club yes, but like I say people withdrawing FoH subs and punishing FoH and the financial stability of the club is cutting our noses off to spite our faces. 

There's other ways for us to make our point without withdrawing funding that the club really needs right now. Be vocal, comment, discuss, even email the club. But don't cut off the very thing that's keeping us in business. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Won't ever cancel as it's bigger than the players and manager there at the moment. Never want to see us go through the strife we did back in 2013 so for that reason I continue to pledge. 

Wow if everybody cancels resigns from the FOH (ie cancels membership) except me I’ll be the Hearts majority shareholder! 

Batistuta87
Just now, PapaShango said:

Won't ever cancel as it's bigger than the players and manager there at the moment. Never want to see us go through the strife we did back in 2013 so for that reason I continue to pledge. 

Exactly! 👏🏻

Boab Mugabe

I feel that not giving a Budge-led Hearts money to continue mismanaging a football club is a better option than letting the FoH hand over my monthly debit no questions asked and no pressure to even attempt to change the direction we’re going in.

I cannot in good conscience support anyone running the club or the Foundation right now.

Can I urge those that have cancelled their FoH DD to let either them or Ann know why please? (Hear me out!)

If it is simply about results and wanting to change manager then maybe a better course of action is to keep FoH subscription but withhold ST funds so Ann can directly see. A polite email to her now advising of this intention would help her get the picture. Cancelling FoH DD in this case is potentiality going to delay the handover with no other changes.

For me, I'm cancelling mine because I believe FoH representation on the Hearts board needs to be a majority one and that requires FoH to at least attempt to change their governance structure. I dont want every decision to be voted on but where there is a clear disconnect between those who will be funding the club and those in the decision making positions at the club then we need to have a way to do this. I will be contacting FoH to advise them of this as the inactivity from them am all matters when it gets tough is appalling.

I have no issues people doing what they want with their money but please think what you are trying to achieve in terms of what you cancel and if you can explain it to either FoH or Ann then great.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

So just continue to blindly hand over your money to a silly, old lady who continues to hire muppets and has zero respect or understanding of the fans? Nah, not for me. They're getting hee-haw until that clown is emptied. 

7 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

I feel that not giving a Budge-led Hearts money to continue mismanaging a football club is a better option than letting the FoH hand over my monthly debit no questions asked and no pressure to even attempt to change the direction we’re going in.

I cannot in good conscience support anyone running the club or the Foundation right now.

Worth dropping FoH a message to let them know what you want to happen before you will sign up again. If it's Budge moving upstairs to let the CEO run the show or wanting them to demand ghe transfer of ownership or whatever I'd let them know so they know and can attempt to tackle it. 

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Wow if everybody cancels resigns from the FOH (ie cancels membership) except me I’ll be the Hearts majority shareholder! 

Don't think it works like that but I'm not cancelling either so just in case, who do we want as manager?

Japan Jambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

Don't think it works like that but I'm not cancelling either so just in case, who do we want as manager?

JJ/Locke as interim. Then conduct a proper process and bring in someone who can develop players, play attractive football and not kowtow to the uglies. Problem is the issues clearly run deeper than the manager.

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Completely agree Al, but won't accept being called stupid when I'm actually right. We should only be discussing withdrawal of funding in extreme circumstances such as in your example. If the FoH reps come out and tell us that they have a problem, that they are being undermined and constantly over-ridden, not that we've had a shite result! 

They don't have any input into the team, training, tactics etc.

They have a say about the running of the club yes, but like I say people withdrawing FoH subs and punishing FoH and the financial stability of the club is cutting our noses off to spite our faces. 

There's other ways for us to make our point without withdrawing funding that the club really needs right now. Be vocal, comment, discuss, even email the club. But don't cut off the very thing that's keeping us in business. 

time to get rid of foh it was not set up to finance annes vanity projects. we need  to set up a fighting  fund to free our club from this slow demise into mediocrity and apathy. we need another mercer to put some pride and fire into our club

Midloth_Iain
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So just continue to blindly hand over your money to a silly, old lady who continues to hire muppets and has zero respect or understanding of the fans? Nah, not for me. They're getting hee-haw until that clown is emptied. 

What happens when the new managers time is up , if his results are poor and we want him gone ?

Do we then threaten to  / cancel our monthly payments again ?

Is this going to be the new normal ? Every time something upsets us - "cancel your DD's" .....

I accept the current "crisis" is exceptional from a footballing perspective and I am fully behind replacing Neilson, but its a dangerous precedent.

My donation will continue.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can pick the next one and I’ll pick the one after. Let’s toss a coin to see who will be chair & vice chair!

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

What happens when the new managers time is up , if his results are poor and we want him gone ?

Do we then threaten to  / cancel our monthly payments again ?

Is this going to be the new normal ? Every time something upsets us - "cancel your DD's" .....

I accept the current "crisis" is exceptional from a footballing perspective and I am fully behind replacing Neilson, but its a dangerous precedent.

My donation will continue.

Losing to Brora Rangers and Alloa in the same season isn't "normal", so no. It won't be like this all the time. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, jr ewing said:

Still no statement from the club. 

The next time you hear from her she'll be asking you to snap up your season ticket for our "exciting return to the top league" under The Clown. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The next time you hear from her she'll be asking you to snap up your season ticket for our "exciting return to the top league" under The Clown. 

Or" a few of our fans are a little unhappy about a few of our results - but they're not true fans."

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Still no statement from the club. 

Theres a meeting to discuss the meeting, maybe today, then again maybe not.

Nice to see mostly see both 'sides' putting their points across without attacking the other side here. There are legitimate arguments for both points of view and each individual should be allowed to make their own choice of what they do with they own money, without being labelled a jammie wearer or a drama queen.