Andrew McKinlay Hearts CEO (merged threads)

maroongoals

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• NANOJAMBO

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge says she’s going to be working on the football side well this must really worry every fan that follows the Hearts.

Ann Budge needs to be made to realise that she is no good at making football decisions. She has failed in appointing the most important job in football that is a manager. Her choices have been half baked because she has listened to the wrong people.Β 

Β 

She scoured Scotland for the best company to award a multi million pound building contract to.

Only to find the best person had been sitting at the family dinner table all the time...

Β 

Β 

Β 

@mitch41Β sorry didn't mean to quote you.

Β 

Edited by fancy a brew
Quoted wrong post

Just now, fancy a brew said:

Β 

She scoured Scotland for the best company to award a multi million pound building contract to.

Only to find the best person had been sitting at the family dinner table all the time...

Β 

Its a kinda recurring theme this one

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge says she’s going to be working on the football side well this must really worry every fan that follows the Hearts.

Ann Budge needs to be made to realise that she is no good at making football decisions. She has failed in appointing the most important job in football that is a manager. Her choices have been half baked because she has listened to the wrong people.Β 

She is running Hearts like a wee corner shop where all the family and friends muck in to help.

Β 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

She is running Hearts like a wee corner shop where all the family and friends muck in to help.

Β 

Sad but that what it seems.Β 

Unfortunately it's going to end badly.Β 

Hearts will take a long time to recover from her mismanagement.Β 

19 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sad but that what it seems.Β 

Unfortunately it's going to end badly.Β 

Hearts will take a long time to recover from her mismanagement.Β 

Β 

Only one year, imo.

Β 

Get a manager who knows how to coach and motivate (sorry, I don't have a name) and get a squad of players who know how to play fast, attacking football.

Β 

Neither of those is easy, but they are doable.

Β 

If we keep the same manager, and keep the same revolving door approach to signing players, we're in danger of becoming another Dundee or ICT, mediocrities bobbling up and down between the Premiership and the Championship.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Β 

Only one year, imo.

Β 

Get a manager who knows how to coach and motivate (sorry, I don't have a name) and get a squad of players who know how to play fast, attacking football.

Β 

Β 

If we keep the same manager, and keep the same revolving door approach to signing players, we're in danger of becoming another Dundee or ICT, mediocrities bobbling up and down between the Premiership and the Championship.

One season back in the top flight playing football that gets our stadium going and everything will take care of itself.Β Β 

Clean slate and we will rally round the club like we do and it won't take much.

The whole atmosphere at the club has to change.Β 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

She’ll be hating the fact that questions are starting to be asked about her nepotism. But it’s about timeΒ 

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She’ll be hating the fact that questions are starting to be asked about her nepotism. But it’s about timeΒ 

I'll go with this.

She has to learn she is accountable to the investors.Β 

Β£12 million in 7 years - the results are not good enough and she knows it butΒ  she's trying to insist she carries on.Β  If Craig Levein can't run a football department then neither can she.Β 

David Black
23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Β 

Only one year, imo.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Whilst my preference would be to go for a foreign coach, I would still be happy with Derek McInnes. His sides always lacked a bit of flair for me, but they were always very well organised, could pass the ball, all seemed to know what their job was within the team and he seems to develop players, both youngsters and signings.

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Whilst my preference would be to go for a foreign coach, I would still be happy with Derek McInnes. His sides always lacked a bit of flair for me, but they were always very well organised, could pass the ball, all seemed to know what their job was within the team and he seems to develop players, both youngsters and signings.

This. He'd have us organised & hard to beat - something Neilson can't even do in the 2nd tier.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes, this is a family club in more more ways than one.

Cut The Crap
14 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Β 

Only one year, imo.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Agree with this. We’ll recover quickly and do well under competent management. We always do.Β 
Β 

The dangers are that the current mismanagement leaves a legacy of outstanding debt or that FOH contributions are cancelled now and never reinstated.

11 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Yes, this is a family club in more more ways than one.

The boardroom at Tynecastle must be like the back-room at the Bada Bing. When Ann Soprano speaks, all the underbosses nod.

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Β 

Only one year, imo.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I hope you’re right.

Β 

• 5 weeks later...

Yes has found his tongue talking about social media boycott not a mere mention of the shite show he is overseeing sorry can’t post link

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As discussed previously,Β he’s not directly responsible for the football side.Β 

As also discussed previously, we don’t need a highly paid CEO who doesn’t involve himself in the main business of the company. If he doesn’t know football and get involved he’ll be ineffective as a CEO and the incoming FOH owners should bin him onΒ Day1 along with 3 or 4 other hingers oan pals of Ann Budge

Saint Jambo

Hopefully the first sign of a changing of the guard over the summer, at least on the non-football side. Budge to finally hand over shares in the club to FOH. McKinlay to take on actually running the club from Budge and become the main spokesperson for non-footballing matters. Is it really too much to hope for?

Adam_the_legend
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As discussed previously,Β he’s not directly responsible for the football side.Β 

Hearts must be the only football club in the world where theΒ CEO isn’t involved in the football sideΒ of the business. It’s mental!

13 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Hearts must be the only football club in the world where theΒ CEO isn’t involved in the football sideΒ of the business. It’s mental!

It is a bit !

It’s like the Bank of England employing someone who doesn’t get involved in the money side of the company !

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

It is a bit !

It’s like the Bank of England employing someone who doesn’t get involved in the money side of the company !

To be fair they will have an HR director and stuff. However, You would typically expectΒ a ceo to oversee all aspects of a business.Β 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair they will have an HR director and stuff. However, You would typically expectΒ a ceo to oversee all aspects of a business.Β 

Of course, Dave. It is our bread and butter, so to speak.

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

We’ve got some moaning faced gi*s on here. Get over your own selfΒ importanceΒ 

Shill alert.

HillmanHearts
10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

To be fair some folks are kinda wondering what he's actually been doing ?

Was reasonably encouraged by his appointment personally but there has certainly been no sign of any seizing of the bull by the horns since.

Live in hope.Β 

24 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Hi Ann

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Moaning about everything.Β 

🀣

29 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

🀣 dont we just

25 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Shill alert.

πŸ™ˆ

Β 

Maybe just me but id rather not be hearing from the ceo or the likes much. Interesting he did this interview though , maybe hes been spending the time getting to know everything and is now in place to properly step in.

Β 

Why does everyone at Hearts need to be sacked immediately or removed or we just need to slate him/the club over an innocuous comment.

21 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

To be fair some folks are kinda wondering what he's actually been doing ?

Was reasonably encouraged by his appointment personally but there has certainly been no sign of any seizing of the bull by the horns since.

Live in hope.Β 

I would imagine hes been stepping into the role but with covid maybe they felt the need to hold off on him taking full control as ceo until we were coming out of itπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

The idea that the CEO of a football club, doesn’t get involved in football related matters is laughable.Β 

Β 

By the sounds of it, McKinley’s job description is basically just anΒ Operations Manager type role.Β 

Β 

Given the potential nepotism involved in his appointment, you have to wonder if he has been given the title of CEO to justify handing him a Β£100K level salary, whilst not actually undertaking the role of a CEO at all.Β 

Cut The Crap
15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The idea that the CEO of a football club, doesn’t get involved in football related matters is laughable.Β 

Β 

By the sounds of it, McKinley’s job description is basically just anΒ Operations Manager type role.Β 

Β 

Given the potential nepotism involved in his appointment, you have to wonder if he has been given the title of CEO to justify handing him a Β£100K level salary, whilst not actually undertaking the role of a CEO at all.Β 

Certainly doesn’t look like value for money.

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, sadj said:

🀣

🀣 dont we just

πŸ™ˆ

Β 

Maybe just me but id rather not be hearing from the ceo or the likes much. Interesting he did this interview though , maybe hes been spending the time getting to know everything and is now in place to properly step in.

Β 

Why does everyone at Hearts need to be sacked immediately or removed or we just need to slate him/the club over an innocuous comment.

The people shouting everybody oot have obviously never had any managerial experience, employ people to do a job and let them get on with it, if they don't then get rid but they should be given a reasonable amount of time to do so. To many control freaks on this site.

Bad Religion
18 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

The people shouting everybody oot have obviously never had any managerial experience, employ people to do a job and let them get on with it, if they don't then get rid but they should be given a reasonable amount of time to do so. To many control freaks on this site.

It’s always the same at Hearts though isn’t it. Next season, one more transfer window etc. etc.
Β 

Are we the only club that’s been affected by Covid? Our owner, manager, CEO just get to chill until it magically goes away?Β 

Under the floodlight
37 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

It’s always the same at Hearts though isn’t it. Next season, one more transfer window etc. etc.
Β 

Are we the only club that’s been affected by Covid? Our owner, manager, CEO just get to chill until it magically goes away?Β 

It looks like they are trying to improve the infrastructure, as the previous model wasn't working.Β A club theΒ size of Hearts having people in key positions wearing many different hats wasn't functional,Β now we have departmental managersΒ heading up their own departments and we willΒ see how that pansΒ out.Β 

The bigger clubs are a sum of their parts and have been affected by CovidΒ more than the smaller ones, although every club has suffered in its own way.

I think Joe Savage with what I've read about him, will scrutinise players and judge their abilities over aΒ  period of time, unlike what seems to be a agents choice, YoutubeΒ  watchingΒ approach to signing players by previous incumbents.

1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

You're contradicting yourself :Β employ people to do a job and let them get on with it ?

CompareΒ  Lawell as Celtic CEO (who has been dealing with everything especially Lennon's recent tenure when he was under sever criticism)Β  with Hearts CEO : not a peep out of him.Β  Budge can't help herself or he is simply a functionary whose role is to smooth the way with the SPFL/SFA (I favour the latter).

He has been anonymous in the last few moths in comparison.Β 

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You're contradicting yourself :Β employ people to do a job and let them get on with it ?

CompareΒ  Lawell as Celtic CEO (who has been dealing with everything especially Lennon's recent tenure when he was under sever criticism)Β  with Hearts CEO : not a peep out of him.Β  Budge can't help herself or he is simply a functionary whose role is to smooth the way with the SPFL/SFA (I favour the latter).

He has been anonymous in the last few moths in comparison.Β 

Because McKinley hasn't come out with a statement is your reason for accusing me of being contradictory. I'm not sure that a comparison with Lawell is a good one, Lawell was a full blown CEOΒ at Celtic and answers only to Desmond, both who were accused of not conversing with the Celtic supporters, McKinley is a Hearts employee and answers to Budge and the board. I don't know his full remit but personally speaking I don't feel the need to be informed about anything by him at the moment, I would hope he's getting on with things that need doing, maybe he's recruiting for a communications officer that would be nice for some.

5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Because McKinley hasn't come out with a statement is your reason for accusing me of being contradictory. I'm not sure that a comparison with Lawell is a good one, Lawell was a full blown CEOΒ at Celtic and answers only to Desmond, both who were accused of not conversing with the Celtic supporters, McKinley is a Hearts employee and answers to Budge and the board. I don't know his full remit but personally speaking I don't feel the need to be informed about anything by him at the moment, I would hope he's getting on with things that need doing, maybe he's recruiting for a communications officer that would be nice for some.

I'm comparing two the CEOs at two football clubs , both of which have had managers under severe levels of scrutiny/pressure.Β  Lawwell speaks to the media on all things - especially in this context re Lennon - while at Hearts the CEO hasn't said a word on the matter.Β  I'm not concerned with your needs, I'm making a simple comparison of CEOs - one of whom works for a self confessed control freak.Β 

I couldnt name another teams CEO because they are generally not prone to speaking to the media everytime the team goes on a bad run.

I demand a statement from everyone but they best be good or else blah blah blah

Under the floodlight
31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm comparing two the CEOs at two football clubs , both of which have had managers under severe levels of scrutiny/pressure.Β  Lawwell speaks to the media on all things - especially in this context re Lennon - while at Hearts the CEO hasn't said a word on the matter.Β  I'm not concerned with your needs, I'm making a simple comparison of CEOs - one of whom works for a self confessed control freak.Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Budge, Neilson and Levein have all come out and discussed Hearts matters, the consensus among other posters is they are lying or talking s***e, If that'sΒ true then this new fella is maybe doing a schrodinger cat, then that suits me. Anything worth knowing we can see for ourselves on the pitch andΒ when the accounts are released other than that? Celtic fans got the results of their review yet? And Lawell speaks to only those who paint him in a good light, maybe McKinley is looking for likewise.

We are a unique club and I wouldn't be one for comparing us to others.

Has anyone from the Club gone round to check he is still alive?Β  He could be dead or lying injured.

Β 

You hear about these people that die and lie for months in their houses without anyone checking.

Β 

Β 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Has anyone from the Club gone round to check he is still alive?Β  He could be dead or lying injured.

Β 

You hear about these people that die and lie for months in their houses without anyone checking.

Β 

Β 

He madeΒ a statement yesterday which is we why we are discussing him again. If you askedΒ this on Wednesday it would have been fair comment Β πŸ˜„

tolcross lad
23 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Β 

Budge, Neilson and Levein have all come out and discussed Hearts matters, the consensus among other posters is they are lying or talking s***e, If that'sΒ true then this new fella is maybe doing a schrodinger cat, then that suits me. Anything worth knowing we can see for ourselves on the pitch andΒ when the accounts are released other than that? Celtic fans got the results of their review yet? And Lawell speaks to only those who paint him in a good light, maybe McKinley is looking for likewise.

We are a unique club and I wouldn't be one for comparing us to others.

Levein is no longer part of the club so I dont know why you included him.

Our "new fella"has no responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

Fans have been confused because they expected a CEO to have overall responsibility for all the activities of the club including FOOTBALL.

It seems that our Director of FootballΒ has overall responsibility for recruitment and the Academy and other football matters? and he reports to Budge.

It also appears that Neilson reports directly to Budge.

I would be happy to be corrected on this matter.

If correct it seems somewhat mad that a person self confessedΒ  to be somewhat ignorant on football matters has placed herself in complete control of it.

The only person who can make a really authoritative statement on the clubs state of football is Budge which is why McKinlay and Savage can say little.Neilson of course can be left to blunder along.Budge or Neilson it's no wonder that many supporters come to the Sh*** conclusion