Andrew McKinlay Hearts CEO (merged threads)

maroongoals

23 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Couldn't agree more about personal attacks.

However, after fully 5 years of constant, mindnumbing shite on the pitch, and utterly laughable recruitment and decisions off it, no, the buck does not *only* stop with Neilson.

When any football club - when any sporting organisation - is this bad for this long, it all starts at the very top. With the ownership. They call the shots. Everything else is just a symptom of their incompetence. 

Exactly, especially when the Chairman appoints a CEO in an effort to sell us "change" after the CL debacle but it looks like nothing has really changed. 

The linkage between Boardroom & dugout can't just simply be ignored in all of this. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• NANOJAMBO

johnking123
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Why haven’t the press looked into and published a full critique of Anne Budges Reign and her plans for the future. 
The finances, £11.7m to pay a £3.5m loan. still no fan ownership or any control. 

The governance at board level and day to day running of the club 

The future trustee / Fan ownership model (what even is this) FOH? How will the fans control what they eventually own
The overspend on the (not finished) stand 

The overspend on non first team football. 
The football freak show, managers - player turnover - quality of signings and fitness levels. Long term deals and then failure to insert relegation clauses.  
Relegation after the terminal decline and failed legal case, costing millions 
The academy neither creating a viable first team squad (quality or fitness) or quality young players. 
To me this amounts to Fraud or Corporate negligence... such are the sums of money and failure levels at the club. 
Are the press scared ? Why is she given a free ride. 

Yip, sums up last 4 years

I completely forgot that this guy was here.    What has he actually achieved.    We haven’t heard a peep from him, since his first day. 

He takes his salary, plays golf on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Then he gives himself a pat on the back, and has a rest day on Monday. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Exactly, especially when the Chairman appoints a CEO in an effort to sell us "change" after the CL debacle but it looks like nothing has really changed. 

The linkage between Boardroom & dugout can't just simply be ignored in all of this. 

Yep. There's always a link. Always. 

Here's an example. John McGlynn was an absolute disaster of a manager - but he was the ultimate symptom, not a cause. Because that summer, the club almost died! So we couldn't afford to hire anyone better.

Similarly, why did the team decay in the early 90s? Because the club was decaying off the pitch once Mercer's bright idea bit the dust. When we got knocked out of the League Cup by Dundee in 1995, the spine of the team was still pretty much the same as in 85/6 - that's how much we'd stood still in Mercer's later years.

The shambles of 06-08 owed entirely to the unmitigated shambles off the pitch too. What's so bizarre about this era is our financial position is sounder than it's ever been - so we've hurtled off to the other extreme, and become extraordinarily complacent in more or less everything we do.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, leginten said:

Interesting. Has the club always had a Central Services Director, or is this a more recently created post? Presumably she was found to be the best candidate for the post.

Given Budge’s happy knack of finding lucrative work for her family, anyone looking in from the outside might just catch a whiff of nepotism at this club.

Wonder if FoH has a view on this. (Does FoH have a view on anything?)

It’s all news to me, I take it she was here before him. Not a good look. 
FoH their big brush and even bigger carpet our sweep sweep sweep. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Shouldn't you have posted this on the MILF thread in the Shed? 🤪

I didn’t realise there was one, see ya. 

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Folk are clutching at straws on this thread.  Not one person has yet to show evidence that they know how things work behind the scenes and the personal attacks on Budge in particular are just awful.  

The buck stops with Neilson.  He prepares and picks the team and he's doing an awful job.  If he really gave a shit, he would resign this morning.

Where are you seeing personal attacks on Budge? Most of the comments are focussed entirely on their work.

It's ironic that you then follow up with a personal attack on Neilson which clearly is something you really can't know. I can understand fans who don't care about how the club  is run beyond the first team. I can't understand someone coming on to a thread about the CEO of the club and being surprised to discover the focus of that one thread is how the club is run. If your entire focus is in Neilson, then there are dozens of threads you will find more to your tastes.

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

not saying this is true or not but wonder how much of a say our CEO has

The joy of social media; anyone can make up anything and claim it's reality, just to confirm their bias. Of course I can't prove this isn't the case, any more than I can prove that ghosts don't exist. But the number of people re-writing history and making stuff up to support their current views on the club is grim. As if the reality of our position isn't depressing enough as it is.....

1 minute ago, tynewater said:

The joy of social media; anyone can make up anything and claim it's reality, just to confirm their bias. Of course I can't prove this isn't the case, any more than I can prove that ghosts don't exist. But the number of people re-writing history and making stuff up to support their current views on the club is grim. As if the reality of our position isn't depressing enough as it is.....

I wouldn’t disagree with you. This source has got some stuff right but I would presume it’s a board decision to decide if he stays or goes

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wouldn’t disagree with you. This source has got some stuff right but I would presume it’s a board decision to decide if he stays or goes

Just Anne's. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Certainly should be but it is possible that the board isn’t unanimous. 

35 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There's an easy way for him to clarify but that would involve coming out from behind his sofa, or wherever he's been hiding. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly should be but it is possible that the board isn’t unanimous. 

What you mean is Ann doesn't want to sack him & everyone else agreed. 

john thomas
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Where are you seeing personal attacks on Budge? Most of the comments are focussed entirely on their work.

It's ironic that you then follow up with a personal attack on Neilson which clearly is something you really can't know. I can understand fans who don't care about how the club  is run beyond the first team. I can't understand someone coming on to a thread about the CEO of the club and being surprised to discover the focus of that one thread is how the club is run. If your entire focus is in Neilson, then there are dozens of threads you will find more to your tastes.

Kickback . Maybe on other sites too

Hammerofthehibs

Absolutely nothing in the press on this guy. What’s his job. Clearly not involved in communicating to the fans. Probably thinks it’s a stroll around the course

3 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

Why haven’t the press looked into and published a full critique of Anne Budges Reign and her plans for the future. 
The finances, £11.7m to pay a £3.5m loan. still no fan ownership or any control. 

The future trustee / Fan ownership model (what even is this) FOH? How will the fans control what they eventually own

The football freak show, managers - player turnover - quality of signings and fitness levels. Long term deals and then failure to insert relegation clauses.  
The academy neither creating a viable first team squad (quality or fitness) or quality young players. 
To me this amounts to Fraud or Corporate negligence... such are the sums of money and failure levels at the club. 

Basically the press do not give one shiny shite about Anne Budge and/or Hearts, and haven't done since they made it their business to support the shunting of Hearts into the Championship to serve celtic's agenda last year.

The media are all still in a stupor of disbelief that 10IAR didn't happen and since Peter Lawwell chucked the towel in they have been getting no direction on what to turn their attention to since sevco won the league.

1 hour ago, tynewater said:

37% of what you read on social media true, the other 82% is false.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

there was a banner outside her house saying **** off budge 

Lone Striker

On the subject of Lesley Blair ....... her LinkedIn page suggests she has been Central Services Director since April 2019. But prior to that she was " executive management consultant"  (aahhhh ... one of those !!)  at Hearts since October 2016.  Which coincidentally is the same date she became Managing Director of a company called LJB Consulting.   

LJB - probably her initials, so looks like  she set herself up as a one-woman company and immediately got hired by Ann Budge ?

The incestuous/murky world of senior executive consultancies rears its ugly head again.   

Can anyone find out if she is paid as a consultant by Hearts or as proper employee  ?      Someone said she was married to Andrew McKinlay - is there a link anywhere to prove this ?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Just catching up, but it's a bit concerning Budge is handing out jobs like the Tories hand out PPE contracts.

It only came to light last night but wasn’t being hidden, quite like the Tories indeed. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Not much clearly. 

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Kickback . Maybe on other sites too

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

there was a banner outside her house saying **** off budge 

The post I was responding to was complaining about the personal attacks on this thread. Obviously there have been people making personal attacks on other threads.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

They certainly didn’t give Vlad such a free ride. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

On the subject of Lesley Blair ....... her LinkedIn page suggests she has been Central Services Director since April 2019. But prior to that she was " executive management consultant"  (aahhhh ... one of those !!)  at Hearts since October 2016.  Which coincidentally is the same date she became Managing Director of a company called LJB Consulting.   

LJB - probably her initials, so looks like  she set herself up as a one-woman company and immediately got hired by Ann Budge ?

The incestuous/murky world of senior executive consultancies rears its ugly head again.   

Can anyone find out if she is paid as a consultant by Hearts or as proper employee  ?      Someone said she was married to Andrew McKinlay - is there a link anywhere to prove this ?

I shared it yesterday https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its-not-going-to-help-hearts-in-the-long-term-if-i-fall-out-with-people-g9cf2nfbr

28F36897-70D8-4F06-959A-D58F1DD9763B.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

He’s a known slaver. 

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Beginning to see why she won't let go...

I didn't realise it was jobs for the boys to that degree. Makes you sick.

Ahh....so that's what he looks like! Where is he and why isn't he getting to say his bit? 

Time to climb out your box and do your job! Or are you just another money-grabber like so many before you?

David Black
11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Beginning to see why she won't let go...

She has to let go. There is the legal contract between Bidco and Fanco. It is up to FOH to demand the shares are transferred within the week. The endless delay about having a big party on the Plaza, then recently they were working on finalising the required documents etc. Utter bollocks, both Party's have 6 or 7 years to have everything in place. The fact FOH do nothing and yet again just accept what AB wants shows how much they are part of the problem now as well. The members kept their side of the agreement last February, pity those in charge haven't.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

behind a firewall unfortunately - what does the article say?

How dare you think I have a ****ing account with these ***** 😱🙈😜
Dunno. 
Probably the same as this on the same day. It was the wife caption that stood out. 
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-chief-andrew-mckinlay-makes-19378678

lost in space

I did know (from here) that McKinlay was the husband of one of Ann's pals - but I certainly did not know that she worked for the club.

Why would we need a Management Consultant anyway when we have successful business people at the club??

This is getting more incestuous than Murrel/Sturgeon!!!

Maybe Ann has forgetten she employed McKinlay.

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, David Black said:

She has to let go. There is the legal contract between Bidco and Fanco. It is up to FOH to demand the shares are transferred within the week. The endless delay about having a big party on the Plaza, then recently they were working on finalising the required documents etc. Utter bollocks, both Party's have 6 or 7 years to have everything in place. The fact FOH do nothing and yet again just accept what AB wants shows how much they are part of the problem now as well. The members kept their side of the agreement last February, pity those in charge haven't.

Hasn't she already asked to have more say in foh money? I also thought she had asked that when she decided to said she decided to stay on.  It must be to employ who she wants to.  Her pals. 

6 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They certainly didn’t give Vlad such a free ride. 

They got stuck into Vlad because they knew he was a potential threat to the backwater that is Scottish football. Someone who could've disrupted their cozy wee world of Old Firm duopoly. They had to do their best to destroy his Hearts as much as they possibly could. 

With Ann, it's different. They've got their beloved Old Firm duopoly back. New Rangers have won the Premier and Celtic will need to do something about that. That's the media got all they need. Hearts mean nothing just like any other Scottish club. Real Professional journalists would be on this like a dog with a bone. Have to remember our lot are amateurs that are stuck where they are and will never be creditable. 

David Black
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Hasn't she already asked to have more say in foh money? I also thought she had asked that when she decided to said she decided to stay on.  It must be to employ who she wants to.  Her pals. 

That's the thing and the major reason for the delay in the transfer of shares. When she no longer is the owner, the new owners, FOH , can call an EGM calling for the board to resign or if not wait until each directors comes up for re-election and vote them off. When it comes to AB and she is not re-elected she is gone, no more, an ex owner. If we don't want her at the club, she can do nothing about it.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

They got stuck into Vlad because they knew he was a potential threat to the backwater that is Scottish football. Someone who could've disrupted their cozy wee world of Old Firm duopoly. They had to do their best to destroy his Hearts as much as they possibly could. 

With Ann, it's different. They've got their beloved Old Firm duopoly back. New Rangers have won the Premier and Celtic will need to do something about that. That's the media got all they need. Hearts mean nothing just like any other Scottish club. Real Professional journalists would be on this like a dog with a bone. Have to remember our lot are amateurs that are stuck where they are and will never be creditable. 

Absolutely, they really are amateurish no doubt about that. 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I shared it yesterday 

28F36897-70D8-4F06-959A-D58F1DD9763B.jpeg

central services director!? What the frk even is that!? Another made-up title to suit themselves!? GTF!

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

According to LinkedIn, she appears to be a Lawyer. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, David Black said:

That's the thing and the major reason for the delay in the transfer of shares. When she no longer is the owner, the new owners, FOH , can call an EGM calling for the board to resign or if not wait until each directors comes up for re-election and vote them off. When it comes to AB and she is not re-elected she is gone, no more, an ex owner. If we don't want her at the club, she can do nothing about it.

That’s good to know, so is it the two FoH lapdogs or the FoH board that have to do it? How do we persuade them to do this?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

central services director!? What the frk even is that!? Another made-up title to suit themselves!? GTF!

Exactly 🤷🏾‍♂️

David Black
49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s good to know, so is it the two FoH lapdogs or the FoH board that have to do it? How do we persuade them to do this?

I would imagine the entire FOH board would have to do what its members ( us ) advise them to do. If enough contact them they would have to send out an e-mail to all members asking what course of action they should take. If they went against what the majority wanted they would find they were voted off at their re-election time. 

I can't find it via Google, but I'm sure a company structure was presented at the 2019 AGM, which was notable IIRC for not having the minutes made public for some time even if at all), so perhaps my memory is playing tricks and the presentation slides weren't made public too.

This year of course there was no public AGM and only an AB statement and minutes were released.

Anyway, to the point.  Here is the club executive structure from 2018 AGM.

Due to Covid, at potentially the benefit of AB, none of us really have a clue on McKinlay's remit and where Savage and Neilson report.

Under a normal CEO structure everyone would report into him, her, so as such won't McKinlay be his wife's boss.

Perhaps @Footballfirsthas notes in his files from say 2019?

Screenshot_20210328-190216_Drive.jpg

Edited by DETTY29