Get Budge to **** and as far away from our club as possible ( merged )

i8hibsh

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as AB going and all our problems being solved. We thought that about CL getting punted but little has changed.

That said I think she needs to go but I think we do need someone to change the ‘culture’ at the club. The ‘energy’ at the club has felt wrong for about 4 seasons now and despite many changes it seems to remain.

I hope the relationship doesn’t end too sourly as well, thats a real danger now.

The culture stems from her. I’m not being funny but people have been saying this for years and it’s been proven correct time and again. I’m constantly staggered by the people who say she’s done a good job, while we’re down in the Championship, getting rinsed by semi-pro teams and overspending massively on the main stand. Bottom line - she helped to save us but we’re paying her back and in the main she’s done an appalling job. It was time to go about two years ago.

On a broader point, I have massive concerns about FOH now. I don’t think it’s fit for purpose and I think the people fronting it as just happy with their boardroom meal ticket. I really don’t want to cut donations but when it comes to it, I think I will. What good is the donations actually doing?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo61

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mid Calder Jambo
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The culture stems from her. I’m not being funny but people have been saying this for years and it’s been proven correct time and again. I’m constantly staggered by the people who say she’s done a good job, while we’re down in the Championship, getting rinsed by semi-pro teams and overspending massively on the main stand. Bottom line - she helped to save us but we’re paying her back and in the main she’s done an appalling job. It was time to go about two years ago.

On a broader point, I have massive concerns about FOH now. I don’t think it’s fit for purpose and I think the people fronting it as just happy with their boardroom meal ticket. I really don’t want to cut donations but when it comes to it, I think I will. What good is the donations actually doing?

Said similar earlier so can't disagree. She saved us and I thank her for that. She has been paid off so time to go NOW. I liked the idea of fan ownership but when you have toothless reps on the Board who sup from the honey pot to satify theit own ego's then we are ****ed. If the right money man came along tomorrow with a long term future for HMFC I would say sell and move on. I would be better off each month for that.

AC Mallin_51

Surely for Ann, after constant bad decision after bad decision sacking neilson would actually show she’s got it in her to make the right call, and even if it’s personally a difficult one. She won’t though 

18Jambo_dave74
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Spot on. We accept losing and mediocrity at this club and that comes from the top. 

FoH are absolutely useless. From attending a plot ceremony it was clear to me that whilst they all seem like decent folk, they absolutely worship the ground that Budge walks on - no chance she gets questioned by them. 

FOH (and Stuart Wallace) will happily pipe up when there is a reason to raid the fans piggy banks ("Only Hearts" etc) but go in to hiding when the going gets tough. I listened to a podcast where Stuart Wallace says he wouldn't reply to anyone on twitter if they have less than 100 followers. 

I haven't stopped my DD (yet) but really beginning to question it. We plough money in to the club and the money is consistently ****** up the wall and squandered so when do you say enough is enough. It's like giving an alki money to go buy booze with. 

I was seriously annoyed with the season ticket fiasco last summer (guaranteeing your seat at Tynecastle / we actually meant streaming) but just accepted it due to the feeling of anger at the time and the "Only Hearts" motto that seemed to be banded about. Give it a month or two and we're loaning Zlamal out to St Mirren. 

We are getting our pockets raided by the club and have become a complete laughing stock. 

Clubs like Livingston, St Johnstone, Hamilton etc all punch well above their weight. I 'm not even asking us to do that - just get back to a club that resembles the 3rd/4th biggest in the country which we should comfortably be. We are so far away from that it is unbelievable. 

12 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s that attitude that’s got us where we are today. Too many folk allowing her free reign. You forget that she’s getting every penny back. You or I won’t. She’s also made many of her family members a lot of money from Hearts. 

Yeah, can we all stop pretending that she's pumped all this money into the club? She and her family will have made a wad out of Hearts, plus she gets her face all over the papers and the telly (and as we saw in that documentary on the behind the scenes, she's exactly the sort for whom that's important - much more important than the views of the fans, who she obviously thinks are only good for taking cash from).

12 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Said similar earlier so can't disagree. She saved us and I thank her for that. She has been paid off so time to go NOW. I liked the idea of fan ownership but when you have toothless reps on the Board who sup from the honey pot to satify theit own ego's then we are ****ed. If the right money man came along tomorrow with a long term future for HMFC I would say sell and move on. I would be better off each month for that.

A proper CEO running the show would make a huge difference. Lawell and to a lesser extent Dempster for example made a lot of the hard decisions which Budge seems unable or unwilling to make. I know we have a new CEO but apart from bringing i  Joe Savage (possibly) what has he done ?

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

A proper CEO running the show would make a huge difference. Lawell and to a lesser extent Dempster for example made a lot of the hard decisions which Budge seems unable or unwilling to make. I know we have a new CEO but apart from bringing i  Joe Savage (possibly) what has he done ?

Every business is about hard decisions and I think AB is making these decisions trying to please too many people. I want a figurehead Chairman JJ, Ken Stott for example and a CEO who will not be inhibited by keeping everyone happy. I do not see one action from the current leadership that fills me with hope or inspiration.

Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Every business is about hard decisions and I think AB is making these decisions trying to please too many people. I want a figurehead Chairman JJ, Ken Stott for example and a CEO who will not be inhibited by keeping everyone happy. I do not see one action from the current leadership that fills me with hope or inspiration.

Neither do I sadly. Budge's achievements are saving the club, getting us in a position to be promoted and building a new stand (ignoring the overspend and the unfinished floor). I will be eternally grateful for all three however she needs to step back. The football department is a shambles and has been since championship winning team was rebuilt a bit too hurriedly.  

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, EIEIO said:

Neither do I sadly. Budge's achievements are saving the club, getting us in a position to be promoted and building a new stand (ignoring the overspend and the unfinished floor). I will be eternally grateful for all three however she needs to step back. The football department is a shambles and has been since championship winning team was rebuilt a bit too hurriedly.  

I think we are all eternally grateful to her for what she has done and the legacy that she has left. In every walk of life the time comes when you have outstayed your welcome and it is your time to go. For Budge that time is now and it is our only way forward. There are some frekkin difficult decisions to be taken quite soon and I don not believe he is the right person to make these and importantly move HMFC forward. Thanks for your time Ann, your time is now up.

26 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Spot on. We accept losing and mediocrity at this club and that comes from the top. 

FoH are absolutely useless. From attending a plot ceremony it was clear to me that whilst they all seem like decent folk, they absolutely worship the ground that Budge walks on - no chance she gets questioned by them. 

FOH (and Stuart Wallace) will happily pipe up when there is a reason to raid the fans piggy banks ("Only Hearts" etc) but go in to hiding when the going gets tough. I listened to a podcast where Stuart Wallace says he wouldn't reply to anyone on twitter if they have less than 100 followers. 

I haven't stopped my DD (yet) but really beginning to question it. We plough money in to the club and the money is consistently ****** up the wall and squandered so when do you say enough is enough. It's like giving an alki money to go buy booze with. 

I was seriously annoyed with the season ticket fiasco last summer (guaranteeing your seat at Tynecastle / we actually meant streaming) but just accepted it due to the feeling of anger at the time and the "Only Hearts" motto that seemed to be banded about. Give it a month or two and we're loaning Zlamal out to St Mirren. 

We are getting our pockets raided by the club and have become a complete laughing stock. 

Clubs like Livingston, St Johnstone, Hamilton etc all punch well above their weight. I 'm not even asking us to do that - just get back to a club that resembles the 3rd/4th biggest in the country which we should comfortably be. We are so far away from that it is unbelievable. 

The feeling of powerlessness is overwhelming. If the fans were allowed in Budge and co would realise the levels of anger at the mostly inept performances this season. Brora has just taken it to a far higher level of failure.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

She must have a ruthless streak. No one becomes a multi millionaire without snapping a few necks along the way. 

She made her fortune in IT at a time when it was a licence to print money. No ruthlessness required. Right place right time.

letsalllaughathobos
9 minutes ago, oi oi said:

She made her fortune in IT at a time when it was a licence to print money. No ruthlessness required. Right place right time.

Yep and the right folk advising her, 

Not long ago we were in a division with Rangers(champions)and Hibs(3rd and Europe).

If a measuring stick is required.............

Mid Calder Jambo
18 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Failure to change the 90% supermajority means we’re stuck with the hands-off FOH model with little hope of significant investment or accountability.

So we need to wake up all of the FOH subscribers and re call the EGM. The 90% supermajority is tantamount to a dictatorship akin to the SPFL board.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

She must have a ruthless streak. No one becomes a multi millionaire without snapping a few necks along the way. 

She does have a ruthless streak. You’re seeing it in her constantly pissing on the supporters who are throwing money at the club - arrogantly looking after herself while the club underperforms. 

She thinks she’s untouchable and there are posters on here who help her to feel that way.

I still maintain that the only reason she sacked Levein was because someone spray painting the badge made her worry that it was going to get nasty.

Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She does have a ruthless streak. You’re seeing it in her constantly pissing on the supporters who are throwing money at the club - arrogantly looking after herself while the club underperforms. 

She thinks she’s untouchable and there are posters on here who help her to feel that way.

I still maintain that the only reason she sacked Levein was because someone spray painting the badge made her worry that it was going to get nasty.

👍 In a flippin nutshell.

14 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Not long ago we were in a division with Rangers(champions)and Hibs(3rd and Europe).

Remember Billy Davies was interviewed for the managers job and said our football side needed a complete overhaul from top to bottom? He was ridiculed but with hindsight maybe he hit the nail on the head. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Remember Billy Davies was interviewed for the managers job and said our football side needed a complete overhaul from top to bottom? He was ridiculed but with hindsight maybe he hit the nail on the head. 

I wouldn’t say he was ridiculed. Everyone knew he was right but some people stuck their fingers in their ears 1) because Davies is a dick and 2) because they won’t hear a word said against Mother Theresa.

Davies and Stendel have both tried to tell some home truths about Budge’s Hearts. No surprise she didn’t support either of them. Far better to get Neilson who will just nod along and say three bags full

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Seems he had some vision.....ho hum. 🙁

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I wouldn’t say he was ridiculed. Everyone knew he was right but some people stuck their fingers in their ears 1) because Davies is a dick and 2) because they won’t hear a word said against Mother Theresa.

Davies and Stendel have both tried to tell some home truths about Budge’s Hearts. No surprise she didn’t support either of them. Far better to get Neilson who will just nod along and say three bags full

Sadly I suspect you're not far off the mark re Sterndale either.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

correct - she let Levein take all the stick going and did nothing - the minute the stick turned to her Levein was sacked (or a plan hatched to appear that he was sacked to appease  the plebs)

levein was sacked a matter of hours before queen ann attended a supporters/shareholder function

apparently she got a round of applause when she entered the room - she must have been secretly laughing her ass off - she did well to stifle it to be fair 

if enough fans (there’s been a few massive turn arounds in position on here recently) genuinely want change forget neilson the pressure needs to be applied to queen ann and foh - and just be clear that doesn’t mean tannin in windaes  etc

:)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

correct - she let Levein take all the stick going and did nothing - the minute the stick turned to her Levein was sacked (or a plan hatched to appear that he was sacked to appease  the plebs)

levein was sacked a matter of hours before queen ann attended a supporters/shareholder function

apparently she got a round of applause when she entered the room - she must have been secretly laughing her ass off - she did well to stifle it to be fair 

if enough fans (there’s been a few massive turn arounds in position on here recently) genuinely want change forget neilson the pressure needs to be applied to queen ann and foh - and just be clear that doesn’t mean tannin in windaes  etc

:)

Due to Covid, the only means of protesting is to withdraw donations 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔👏👏👏

glynnlondon
1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Well said

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Ann Budge......The wasted years. 

I had so much hope at the beginning. Can’t believe it’s turned out like this. 

Imagine being shown a short clip in 2015 of the coverage from last night or at Arbroath at the weekend and told this is where we’d be in 2021. You just wouldn’t believe it. 

14 hours ago, graygo said:

Can you not just bump one of your MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY other threads?

Lol Ftfy 

1 hour ago, jamboman9 said:

And we skooshed that league. It serves to prove that the intervening years have been wasted by us when you look at where those others are now.

Saying she's not got a ruthless streak - she's sacked 4 managers already.

What she's not got, mainly, is good instincts on picking a manager

tolcross lad

Ann Budge has made some very big mistakes and her time should be up.

To allow Neilson to continue would be another two fingers up to the fan base.

Our debt to her was repaid last Feb 2020 but the handover was delayed because of the pandemic(or so it was said by Ann Budge)

Unfortunately we already owed her circa 

£1.5m at the time of the 2019 AGM.We had also relied on Mr Andersons donations.

I dont know how much we are now dependent on the Budge Anderson axiom but no doubt this is a very complex situation which will not be resolved easily.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Unfortunately we already owed her circa 

£1.5m at the time of the 2019 AGM.We had also relied on Mr Andersons donations.

I dont know how much we are now dependent on the Budge Anderson axiom but no doubt this is a very complex situation which will not be resolved easily.

It was £3.1m at the 2020 AGM plus any additional loans granted during the current financial year.

Edited by Footballfirst

15 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I think Levein sacked Cathro and Stendel's contract was up once the season was finished, so no sacking required (although she appointed Robbie without even letting Stendel know he wasn't being kept on).

She didn't even sack Levein. Kept him around doing odd jobs like reviewing the medical department, etc. Didn't have the guts to get rid of the charlatan completely.

She's done an absolute number on this club. Deliberate sabotage probably wouldn't have been as effective.

1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

I think Levein sacked Cathro and Stendel's contract was up once the season was finished, so no sacking required (although she appointed Robbie without even letting Stendel know he wasn't being kept on).

She didn't even sack Levein. Kept him around doing odd jobs like reviewing the medical department, etc. Didn't have the guts to get rid of the charlatan completely.

She's done an absolute number on this club. Deliberate sabotage probably wouldn't have been as effective.

You can argue the semantics of what constitutes a sacking, but she's removed Stendel, Cathro, Levein and Locke of their duties.

Badly handled in many cases, but she's done it.

I think she must be close to sanctioning signing (or loaning) around 100 players in 6 years coming to he club (no idea how many have left out of that lot).

That's 4 complete squads in 6 years. Canny all be "duds".

2 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Really? What a shocking attitude from someone in such a privileged position, I'm sure I seen tweets from him accepting the half time draw prize from Partick Thistle the other week and he included some jibe about "and the rest I'll be spending on beers to spite those that give me stick".

Sums up Budge and the FOH for me, there's very much an "in crowd" and untouchable, unquestionable approach.

Wonder if she made pals with the Brora board last night.  If so, not a wasted night.  It seems to be all networking with her.

42 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Has she?

With Locke I imagine there was a relegation clause in his contract so hardly a ruthless act, but certainly one that was handled very much in an "Ann Budge" fashion in that she sneakily gave someone else the job behind Gary's back. With Cathro Levein was DoF so probably made the call. Next up Levein wasn't sacked he was moved to another job that was invented to avoid sacking him. Finally with Stendel she was a coward and took advantage of the fact he offered to take no wages and return to Germany. During which she took the time to review the small print of his contract to find a way to re-employ her golden boy Neilson without even having the courtesy to call Daniel and explain she no longer wanted to retain him.

She's a sneaky, back stabbing coward unless she's your pal like poor auld Craigy.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wonder how the Bourbons and Custard creams went down.

Robbie will have been allowed first pick today after his hard day yesterday.

Just now, FTH said:

Robbie will have been allowed first pick today after his hard day yesterday.

Robbie likes the jammy dodgers. Big Lee goes for the Rich Teas.

18Jambo_dave74
13 minutes ago, FTH said:

Really? What a shocking attitude from someone in such a privileged position, I'm sure I seen tweets from him accepting the half time draw prize from Partick Thistle the other week and he included some jibe about "and the rest I'll be spending on beers to spite those that give me stick".

Sums up Budge and the FOH for me, there's very much an "in crowd" and untouchable, unquestionable approach.

I found the interview - these are direct quotes from Stuart Wallace on This is my Story podcast.

“I’ve got a couple of rules, if somebody’s got less than 100 followers I just ignore them... I don’t even read it. If somebody has got less than 500 followers and they’re making a decent point I think that all that’s going to happen is if I reply to it it’ll just give it oxygen” 

“There’s a small minority and if they want to make a point, frankly they’re welcome to make a point...if they’ve got a criticism of me or anybody else what I would say is pony up, put your name in, do something about it and come forward and get involved. Don’t sit in the background throwing rocks or otherwise pipe down”.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Which means she’s likely going nowhere even after transferring the shares.

She won’t be walking away from the debt or the security on the stadium, that’s for sure. 

5 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I found the interview - these are direct quotes from Stuart Wallace on This is my Story podcast.

“I’ve got a couple of rules, if somebody’s got less than 100 followers I just ignore them... I don’t even read it. If somebody has got less than 500 followers and they’re making a decent point I think that all that’s going to happen is if I reply to it it’ll just give it oxygen” 

“There’s a small minority and if they want to make a point, frankly they’re welcome to make a point...if they’ve got a criticism of me or anybody else what I would say is pony up, put your name in, do something about it and come forward and get involved. Don’t sit in the background throwing rocks or otherwise pipe down”.

Smacks of "put yer money where yer mouth is " while overlooking the fact FOH set the qualifying criteria such that  probably 90% of fans could never get on the board because they don't meet the financial/legal knowledge criteria.

tolcross lad
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

It was £3.1m at the 2020 AGM plus any additional loans granted during the current financial year.

Thanks for the info.

It's very concerning.Its hard to see a way out of this growing debt and dependence on Ann Budge.

18Jambo_dave74
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Smacks of "put yer money where yer mouth is " while overlooking the fact FOH set the qualifying criteria such that  probably 90% of fans could never get on the board because they don't meet the financial/legal knowledge criteria.

Yup, that’s my reading of it as well. Elitist and pompous. 

He also says “anyone can put themselves forward”. 

Need a board that imposes targets that are:

A. Desirable 

B. Essential

C. Unacceptable.

A. Gets a bonus

B. Gets a pat on the back

C. Yer fired.

• davemclaren changed the title to Get Budge to **** and as far away from our club as possible ( merged )