Right then, Next Manager?

Hood09

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

After the first league game of the season, we really haven't kicked a ball. except in the cup games. Robbie can't get the team playing for him, tactics all wrong. no fight  even when we went down 2-1 last night, there was no fight in the team. I know he will keep his job unless we don't get promoted, "heaven forbid"

I would like to see John Robertson coming back and possibly Neil McCann as his assistant,  at least he would have the team fighting for every ball,  if they didn't he would be kicking there arse off the field.

I used to think having an ex-Hearts player as manager was the perfect scenario - one of our own running the team and educating his new signings into what Hearts mean to the fans etc.       Someone who'd stay at Hearts for 5 years or more.

But I've come to the conclusion (perhaps wrongly) that it's probably more of a  hindrance - Levein and now Neilson have used   95% signed players in their teams - guys that are just passing through, earning very good money, but with no reason to feel especially connected to Hearts in the way we'd hope.    Robbo & McCann would probably do what CL and RN have tried to do - almost bully and frighten these players by telling them what Hearts are all about.... the history, the great names of the past etc.      I don't think that works on most of these journeymen.     Waste of time.

I'd now prefer a non-Hearts guy as manager/head coach - just someone who has shown elsewhere that he can build and motivate a team, get them paying attacking football, and shrewdly replace players who leave.    Let the players focus on playing for the manager, leave the Hearts loyalty stuff to us fans.    Similar with  a CEO - who cares who he supported as a boy, so long as he's professional, knowledgeable and competent.  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Paolo

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What happened to the irsh guy that had his team in the Europa group stages? 

Can't remember his name, what's he doing now? 

Was it a purple patch or consistency? 

When Hibs employed Fenlon it was based on his huge success in Ireland. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It wasn't fenlon who taken the Irish team to the group stage, was it? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't fenlon who taken the Irish team to the group stage, was it? 

Not that I’m aware of but my point was more that going from the Irish league to Scotland is quite a big step up it appears. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Not that I’m aware of but my point was more that going from the Irish league to Scotland is quite a big step up it appears. 

Stephen Kenny, Irish national manager now. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stephen Kenny, Irish national manager now. 

And that’s going well for him so far 🤣

Why do we need a an experienced manager as we have an experienced DOF in Savage!

Why not try something else?

Perhaps with no management experience but a leader on the field with experience to prove it.

Like it or lump it a Scott Brown type!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not actually suggestion him!

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And that’s going well for him so far 🤣

Done well with Dundalk tho.

Most managers we go for will have failed at least once, many at a lower level than national tbh.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Why do we need a an experienced manager as we have an experienced DOF in Savage!

Why not try something else?

Perhaps with no management experience but a leader on the field with experience to prove it.

Like it or lump it a Scott Brown type!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not actually suggestion him!

Cathro.

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. I absolutely hate the guy :lol: but he has St Mirren playing good football with a solid defence. Fair play to him. 

he'd be on my short list for sure

A_A wehatethehibs
57 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Elvis could still do a job. Has me convinced. 😁

If you mean at Center half instead of Halkett then 100% agree 

Rick Sanchez

It's an interesting job for any potential new manager. As squad numbers 2-99 can get themselves so far to ****.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not an ex Hearts player and not an Ex defender would be a good place to start. 

JJ would disagree. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

JJ would disagree. 

There's always going to be exceptions.

Personally i would cancel out anything we've done over the last 6 years, it hasn't worked. 

Start from there. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There's always going to be exceptions.

Personally i would cancel out anything we've done over the last 6 years, it hasn't worked. 

Start from there. 

Thing is we've tried different things. 

Rookie Hearts man. 

Up and coming highly thought of prodigy. 

Old ex Hearts man with previous good record 

Foreign wild card. 

Back to the start. 

What next? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Rookie Hearts man. 

Foreign wild card. 

Back to the start. 

What next? 

Someone else choosing would be a start.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rookie Hearts man. 

Foreign wild card. 

Back to the start. 

What next? 

Charasmatic person that can motivate his players, coach them tactics competently, improve the players as individuals and as a team/squad and get the very best out of them on a weekly basis. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Charasmatic person that can motivate his players, coach them tactics competently, improve the players as individuals and as a team/squad and get the very best out of them on a weekly basis. 

So not Goodwin or McInnes then! 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not an ex Hearts player and not an Ex defender would be a good place to start. 

I feel the same no more x players as a manager.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rookie Hearts man. 

Foreign wild card. 

Back to the start. 

What next? 

I think that's why most folk want rid of the whole regime. 

The whole attitude throughout the club and some folk on here, is, it's the taking part that counts. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So not Goodwin or McInnes then! 

Probably not Goodwin but McInnes had a good record with the Dons.Although McInnes wouldn't be my first choice. 

letsalllaughathobos

Barry ferguson but I know I'm going to get some pelters for that, 

But he wouldn't shape up this mob of players, 

The lad was a winner as a player, 

2 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Barry ferguson but I know I'm going to get some pelters for that, 

But he wouldn't shape up this mob of players, 

The lad was a winner as a player, 

So was Mccullouch 🙄

Greedy Jambo

We need to be ruthless and relentless on the park and behind the scenes we need people that hate losing. We need a manager that knows what he's doing and scouts that actually know what a player looks like. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So was Mccullouch 🙄

And McCoist, and butcher and.. 

Levein and Neilson.  Defenders.  Tactics? Defensive.

What's Pele doing these days?  Or even McCoist.  

Graham Thomson
17 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

I guarantee Alex Neil would listen to what we had to say. He’ll know that the potential to develop this club is huge. Christ, European football two seasons on the bounce would be a massive success. He’ll know of our set up and infrastructure through speaking to Savage and I believe we should push the boat out and try and get him. 

He’ll also know that for many Celtic fans, he’d never be given a proper chance due to not being a ‘big’ enough name, whereas here at Tynie he’d be welcomed by all with open arms. 

**** paying FOH subs every month for this shite. Absolute fortunes we’ve put into OUR club, and we deserve better. Alex Neil IS better. Far far better. 

Punt Neilson, take the hit on it, and get Neil in. And in doing so, watch the entire ethos of the club change, and watch the mood of the support change from apathy/anger to genuine excitement. 

GET IT ****ING DONE 😡

Here here 👌👍👏👏

Given how slow AB is with the firing and hiring we will likely miss out on Alex Neil or Derek McInnes. The former would be my choice but I don't expect either to be out of work for long.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Levein and Neilson.  Defenders.  Tactics? Defensive.

What's Pele doing these days?  Or even McCoist.  

Last time I checked, Pele was talking about erectile disfunction and McCoist was eating.

I have to be honest that i'm not even that bothered about beautiful football. I just want to win more than half our games and not lose or drop points to part timers and now junior teams.

Hearts have always been about results, leaving Hibs to wail on about flair. Get a manager in who has us near impossible to beat at Tynecastle and then attack teams away from home.

Football is generally a simple business. If the two managers are equally capable then the best players on the park win. The best players are mostly the ones who command the most wages. For that reason we should be battling it out for 3rd place in the Premier League with Aberdeen and Hibs. I feel like Aberdeen could drop down leaving it between the Edinburgh teams. We should never lose out to HIbs. 

For that reason I'd take McInnes, Alex Neil or a few of the other names mentioned. Anyone who won't worry about Alloa away or even the likes of St Johnstone away. For too long we've gone to these places hopeful rather than expectant of victory.

SomethingAboutObua
22 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I have to be honest that i'm not even that bothered about beautiful football. I just want to win more than half our games and not lose or drop points to part timers and now junior teams.

Hearts have always been about results, leaving Hibs to wail on about flair. Get a manager in who has us near impossible to beat at Tynecastle and then attack teams away from home.

Football is generally a simple business. If the two managers are equally capable then the best players on the park win. The best players are mostly the ones who command the most wages. For that reason we should be battling it out for 3rd place in the Premier League with Aberdeen and Hibs. I feel like Aberdeen could drop down leaving it between the Edinburgh teams. We should never lose out to HIbs. 

For that reason I'd take McInnes, Alex Neil or a few of the other names mentioned. Anyone who won't worry about Alloa away or even the likes of St Johnstone away. For too long we've gone to these places hopeful rather than expectant of victory.

I'm not into the Barcelona tiki taka stuff but I do want excitement. For that reason I'm wary of McInnes but would happily go with Neil, anyone that can get Hamilton to first and top 5 could do a lot for us. 

Either way, I want someone who looks at Hearts v Celtic the same as Hearts v Alloa, confidence to beat anyone anywhere because we're better than them. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Dunfermline done similar. I think the guy went on to relegate them.  

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I'd now prefer a non-Hearts guy as manager/head coach - just someone who has shown elsewhere that he can build and motivate a team, get them paying attacking football, and shrewdly replace players who leave.    Let the players focus on playing for the manager, leave the Hearts loyalty stuff to us fans.    

We had that but Ann activated the clause in his contract. She just wants a yes man. Somebody who will behave like a good little doggy. Oh we already have him in place. Sorry folks, she won't sack Robbie especially as he's on a contract, she'll stick by him like she did with Levein. Sadly nothing will happen until that useless clown gets us relegated and based on Tuesday night it be too long into next season before we're fighting it out in the bottom 6. 

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What happened to the irsh guy that had his team in the Europa group stages? 

Can't remember his name, what's he doing now? 

Was it a purple patch or consistency? 

Was that not Lawrie Sanchez?

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Would a next manager solve it?

It would be a start, we need someone in who can change the mindset of the players, Stendel was beginning to do that, but Robbie Neilson has taken us back to the Levein mindset again, we also need a huge clear out as well, no half measures either! 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Firefox said:

Was that not Lawrie Sanchez?

Stephen Kenny, I looked it up. 

Do the people asking for folk like McInnes and Goodwin even know why they want rid of Robbie? 

Cause we've already got someone who will produce the kind of results they get, and the same type of football.  

Rick Sanchez

We all know how it ended for McInnes but it was always going to get stale with the length of service he's given them.

One thing he has going for him is that he has a track record in having to constantly rebuild and still finishing top six. And boy do we need a rebuild.

All that whilst training in a public park, he's earned a step up, and that's exactly what we have the potential to be. I would say that's what we are but come on...we're an embarrassment at the moment.

Will he work with a sporting director? Who knows. I get the feeling he'd take great delight in getting us above Aberdeen.

I'd be shocked if there weren't messages flying back and forth from Savage and Neil though. I feel like I've wasted a few minutes of my life writing this as we all know it will be Leveinson in charge next season.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

David McCaig
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rookie Hearts man. 

Foreign wild card. 

Back to the start. 

What next? 

Picking the best candidate for the job?

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Picking the best candidate for the job?

Exactly, we need to push the boat out and head hunt a candidate like a proper football club. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly, we need to push the boat out and head hunt a candidate like a proper football club. 

The problem there is we won't like the candidates that are a) interested and b) in our price range.

We looked all over for managers in October last year.  Stendel was what we got and most folk were pretty happy.  Not many wanted a Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson.  

Sometimes it's just about luck with your timing on who's available