Buying medication online

Tynieman

Hi all, 

I have a quick question regarding the online purchasing of sleeping medication online.

I previously created a thread concerning my prescription of Zoplicone, which I’ve been on for nearly 9 months.

I recently moved flat and therefore registered at a new doctors’ surgery. 

Almost immediately (in-fact not “almost”, they instantly stopped my prescription of said drug).

I’m on a wide range of medications, mainly to help with my mental health. 

I am going through quite severe withdrawals in terms of Zoplicone and have been tempted to buy a reduced dosage online to wean myself off slowly. It doesn’t involve the dark web, it’s quite easy to source with a simply google search.

Finally, and I apologise for the long thread but I’m tempted to try and come off all my other medications - I genuinely don’t know if they are suitable for long term use, and there is a lot of evidence online suggesting that most are made by pharmaceutical companies solely for profits.

I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the above?

Auld Reekin'
5 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all, 

I have a quick question regarding the online purchasing of sleeping medication online.

I previously created a thread concerning my prescription of Zoplicone, which I’ve been on for nearly 9 months.

Almost immediately (in-fact not “almost”, they instantly stopped my prescription of said drug).

I am going through quite severe withdrawals in terms of Zoplicone and have been tempted to buy a reduced dosage online to wean myself off slowly. It doesn’t involve the dark web, it’s quite easy to source with a simply google search.

Finally, and I apologise for the long thread but I’m tempted to try and come off all my other medications - I genuinely don’t know if they are suitable for long term use, and there is a lot of evidence online suggesting that most are made by pharmaceutical companies solely for profits.

Tell your new GP about the withdrawal-symptoms you've been suffering and ask what they suggest and if there is any alternative medication they could switch you to. If you find they're unable or unwilling to help, then look for another practice in your area who are accepting new patients.

Also, speak to whichever GP you end up with about coming-off all your other medication as it maybe be dangerous for you to do so, assuming it's all prescribed that is but you're best talking it through with them either way.

6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Tell your new GP about the withdrawal-symptoms you've been suffering and ask what they suggest and if there is any alternative medication they could switch you to. If you find they're unable or unwilling to help, then look for another practice in your area who are accepting new patients.

Also, speak to whichever GP you end up with about coming-off all your other medication as it maybe be dangerous for you to do so, assuming it's all prescribed that is but you're best talking it through with them either way.

Thanks for the reply mate. My GP now has known me for some time (I moved back to the area I lived a few years back).

She’s an excellent doctor and I feel comfortable speaking with her, but I recently missed a physiatrist appointment (it was a genuinely error on my part, I stupidly got the date wrong). She went out her way to get the appointment relatively quickly for

me, so now I’m embarrassed and worried she’ll think I wasn’t grateful or know the importance of showing up to appointments, hence why I’m hesitant to speak with her.

She has called me several times just to see how I’m doing, she really is a great GP. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to mention her name but I’m just a little

embarrassed, and feel I’ve let her down a bit.

I’ve worked in the same company for 15 years (I’m 32 now) but I’ve taken a lot of time off over the last 2 years and I’m also worried about the withdrawals affecting me to the point I can’t do my job and ended up losing it.

again, apologies for the long reply - I’ve always found Kickback to be really helpful for advice

crunchy frog

Haven't got any advice for you gadge but I wish you all the best. It can be a tough thing coming off those meds.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

Thanks for the reply mate. My GP now has known me for some time (I moved back to the area I lived a few years back).

She’s an excellent doctor and I feel comfortable speaking with her, but I recently missed a physiatrist appointment (it was a genuinely error on my part, I stupidly got the date wrong). She went out her way to get the appointment relatively quickly for

me, so now I’m embarrassed and worried she’ll think I wasn’t grateful or know the importance of showing up to appointments, hence why I’m hesitant to speak with her.

She has called me several times just to see how I’m doing, she really is a great GP. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to mention her name but I’m just a little

embarrassed, and feel I’ve let her down a bit.

I’ve worked in the same company for 15 years (I’m 32 now) but I’ve taken a lot of time off over the last 2 years and I’m also worried about the withdrawals affecting me to the point I can’t do my job and ended up losing it.

again, apologies for the long reply - I’ve always found Kickback to be really helpful for advice

No need to apologise! 

What I'd do, both for your own sake and to reassure her, is to contact your GP and let her know that you missed your appointment by mistake, to let her know how you are, and to apologise for the mix-up. That way you've cleared things up with her and you can then speak to her regarding your concerns about medication, etc., without feeling any awkwardness or embarrassment. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

It's a very positive thing to have a good and understanding GP who is genuinely concerned for your welfare -  keep that communication going!

Regarding your employment, you've been with them for a relatively long time and are no-doubt a valued member of staff and colleague. If you haven't done so already, it might be an idea to speak to your manager or someone in HR about your situation, let them know the steps you're taking to try and improve things, and reassure them that you are still as committed as before to the job and the company. However, only you will know how they're likely to respond to this so that's a decision you'll need to make if you haven't spoken to them already. I hope they'd be understanding and supportive; if not, get your union rep involved if you have one.

Sorry to hear about your health problems and hope that you can soon get through them and begin to feel much better. Always remember though, there are people out there who can help* and who are there to do so.

(*The abilities of the Kickback Arseholes to do so are probably fairly limited, mind you...!  :whistling: :thumbsup:  )

5 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

No need to apologise! 

What I'd do, both for your own sake and to reassure her, is to contact your GP and let her know that you missed your appointment by mistake, to let her know how you are, and to apologise for the mix-up. That way you've cleared things up with her and you can then speak to her regarding your concerns about medication, etc., without feeling any awkwardness or embarrassment. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

It's a very positive thing to have a good and understanding GP who is genuinely concerned for your welfare -  keep that communication going!

Regarding your employment, you've been with them for a relatively long time and are no-doubt a valued member of staff and colleague. If you haven't done so already, it might be an idea to speak to your manager or someone in HR about your situation, let them know the steps you're taking to try and improve things, and reassure them that you are still as committed as before to the job and the company. However, only you will know how they're likely to respond to this so that's a decision you'll need to make if you haven't spoken to them already. I hope they'd be understanding and supportive; if not, get your union rep involved if you have one.

Sorry to hear about your health problems and hope that you can soon get through them and begin to feel much better. Always remember though, there are people out there who can help* and who are there to do so.

(*The abilities of the Kickback Arseholes to do so are probably fairly limited, mind you...!  :whistling: :thumbsup:  )

Good advice imo. 

Good luck! 

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all, 

Hi 

Just a few questions arsing from your posting . Why has the GP surgery discounted your current of Zolpicone ? Did they not give you a reason ? What kind of withdrawals are you going through ? Can those withdrawals not be controlled by other drugs ? As for coming off your other meds that’s your choice but you need to be careful coming off any meds at once as it csn be dangerous and harmful .  Ofcourse I’m assuming you are on the meds voluntary ? But I’d advise you to think very carefully . Have you got other mental health professionals involved with whom you can seek advice from ? 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi 

Just a few questions arsing from your posting . Why has the GP surgery discounted your current of Zolpicone ? Did they not give you a reason ? What kind of withdrawals are you going through ? Can those withdrawals not be controlled by other drugs ? As for coming off your other meds that’s your choice but you need to be careful coming off any meds at once as it csn be dangerous and harmful .  Ofcourse I’m assuming you are on the meds voluntary ? But I’d advise you to think very carefully . Have you got other mental health professionals involved with whom you can seek advice from ? 

Hi mate,

I hope you’re keeping well.

Zoplicone was originally thought to be less addictive that benzodiazepines but evidence shows it’s not just as addictive but potentially more so.

The doctors are only supposed to prescribe two weeks at a time. Unfortunately, the doctor I had previously gave them to me like candy for months and months.

The withdrawals are bad - it’s not just the lack of sleep but being sick, pains in my stomach and rashes all over my legs.

I’m not so much on my medication voluntary - I was previously sectioned at the redu place in Livingstone due to an eating disorder and I was essentially given these drugs to stabilise my thoughts.

Previously to that, I spent 6 weeks in rehab due to alcohol addiction.

My family has an extensive history of suicide (I need to be careful what I say in order to avoid identifying myself).

I’m not sure if you remember helping me in terms of giving me advice for my housing situation but I can’t thank you enough. I don’t know you in person but you seem like a top, top guy

brunstanejambo
12 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I'd say exactly this - it's the best thing that you can do to communicate with your doctors and tell them exactly how you are feeling. 

I have a few good friends who are doctors, one a psychiatrist, and from what they tell me of their patients (never anything personal, just general comments about work) the best thing to do is always to let them know how you are feeling and what you are thinking.

Missing your appointment is totally understandable and I'm sure that your GP will be happy to set up another. 

JudyJudyJudy
21 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi mate,

I hope you’re keeping well.

Zoplicone was originally thought to be less addictive that benzodiazepines but evidence shows it’s not just as addictive but potentially more so.

The doctors are only supposed to prescribe two weeks at a time. Unfortunately, the doctor I had previously gave them to me like candy for months and months.

The withdrawals are bad - it’s not just the lack of sleep but being sick, pains in my stomach and rashes all over my legs.

I’m not so much on my medication voluntary - I was previously sectioned at the redu place in Livingstone due to an eating disorder and I was essentially given these drugs to stabilise my thoughts.

Previously to that, I spent 6 weeks in rehab due to alcohol addiction.

My family has an extensive history of suicide (I need to be careful what I say in order to avoid identifying myself).

I’m not sure if you remember helping me in terms of giving me advice for my housing situation but I can’t thank you enough. I don’t know you in person but you seem like a top, top guy

Hi yes I recall giving you advice about your housing issue . Are u settled somewhere now ? I’d listen to what others say and discuss the dependency on that med and getting support to come off it safely ?