Blue hue on LG TV

Swanny17

Folks, I seem to remember reading a few months ago on here about someone getting a blue hue on their smart TV, but I can’t find the thread. 

Can anyone remember the fix? 

In your settings, if it's set for Vivid Colour Temperature try changing it to Normal Colour Temperature.

It's's likely that your TV backlight had gone/malfunctioned. 

Unless it is the aforementioned virgin media issue posted above. Trying the Virgin Box on and off should fix it though, a full reset at wall.

Appreciate the responses guys.  Basically, I sold my old LG Smart TV a couple of weeks ago and it was in perfect working order.  The person who bought it has now contacted me to say the screen has a blue hue.  It was in perfect working condition when sold so I’m thinking it’s just a dodgy cable or setting selected during the set up. 

Auld Reekin'
56 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Blue Hugh?

He would have been out celebrating one in a row!!

:)

He'd be called Shug though...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Blue Hugh?

He would have been out celebrating one in a row!!

Bernard Manning's warm up act. 

21 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Appreciate the responses guys.  Basically, I sold my old LG Smart TV a couple of weeks ago and it was in perfect working order.  The person who bought it has now contacted me to say the screen has a blue hue.  It was in perfect working condition when sold so I’m thinking it’s just a dodgy cable or setting selected during the set up. 

Have you seen a photo of it? Post it on here if so and I'll tell you if it looks like anything I've seen before. Also, ask them if they are using Virgon Media.

heartstastic

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/445366/Why+does+everything+have+a+blue+tint

It's probably something to do with your backlighting as mentioned above. The fix itself is not that expensive if you want to do it yourself. Depends whether you have confidence to attempt the fix.

I done it with a samsung and it wasn't to difficult folowing a video.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Have you seen a photo of it? Post it on here if so and I'll tell you if it looks like anything I've seen before. Also, ask them if they are using Virgon Media.

Here it is, like I say it was in perfect condition when sold. 

DEE6ECBA-2D20-4769-B79B-1DC5A6485825.jpeg

Auld Reekin'

On the plus side, every movie's a "bluey".  :4_1_111::jambobanana: :woot:

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Here it is, like I say it was in perfect condition when sold. 

DEE6ECBA-2D20-4769-B79B-1DC5A6485825.jpeg

That looks a lot more like the backlight is gone rather than the virgin media problem.

Are they asking for their money back and to give it back to you?

Rather than you giving them some money back and they keep it?

They might have just cranked the blue hue right up and are trying to con you out a few quid.

37 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That looks a lot more like the backlight is gone rather than the virgin media problem.

Are they asking for their money back and to give it back to you?

Rather than you giving them some money back and they keep it?

They might have just cranked the blue hue right up and are trying to con you out a few quid.

i would also be wondering if they already had a broken tv that was similar and are trying to get yours for free

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i would also be wondering if they already had a broken tv that was similar and are trying to get yours for free

This crossed my mind to be honest, considering it was in perfect working order for me and they only contact me with this 2 weeks after they picked it up.....

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

This crossed my mind to be honest, considering it was in perfect working order for me and they only contact me with this 2 weeks after they picked it up.....

If they wanted a warranty they should have bought a new TV. Them's the breaks.

13 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

If after you seeing it broken for yourself then you either get your money back and the TV or they like it and lump it. No in-between. They've had it for 2 weeks with no issues.