Sabine Schmitz

John Findlay

John Findlay

The German racing driver has sadly died of cancer just aged 51.

As well as being an excellent driver, she was a great laugh on Top Gear.

RIP Sabine.

Carl Fredrickson

I saw the news on the BBC website yesterday. I was quite shocked. A fantastic driver and seemed to be very popular and well respected within the TG team. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

10 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I saw the news on the BBC website yesterday. I was quite shocked. A fantastic driver and seemed to be very popular and well respected within the TG team. 

Yeah me too. I had no idea that she fell ill. RIP.

Saw this yesterday , always very entertaining when she was on TopGear and by all accounts very well liked.

RIP

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve just watched the Top Gear tribute to her on iPlayer. Very good and I think the real tribute is that all of the previous presenter back to Clarkson, May, and Hammond speak very fondly of her on it. 
Worth a wee watch. 

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just watched the Top Gear tribute to her on iPlayer. Very good and I think the real tribute is that all of the previous presenter back to Clarkson, May, and Hammond speak very fondly of her on it. 
Worth a wee watch. 

I watched that last night. A nice tribute and she seems well loved by all. 

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Worth a wee watch. 

I watched that yesterday on the iPlayer. I love the warm regard and admiration the presenters all have for her and her completely fearless attitude to driving like a nutter. Even when her car was on fire, she was letting out the big whoo-hoo!

I thought it strange/sad that Chris Evans, who she made chunder, didn't say a few words about her. He may have paid tribute elsewhere so I don't mean to be unfair on him.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I watched that yesterday on the iPlayer. I love the warm regard and admiration the presenters all have for her and her completely fearless attitude to driving like a nutter. Even when her car was on fire, she was letting out the big whoo-hoo!

I thought it strange/sad that Chris Evans, who she made chunder, didn't say a few words about her. He may have paid tribute elsewhere so I don't mean to be unfair on him.

I did wonder about Chris Evans’ absence. Based on his past history I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d asked them for a large appearance fee to be on the tribute. 

Carl Fredrickson

I thought the same Re Chris Evans. Maybe he did a tribute on his radio show but he was the one glaring omission from the TG presenters who had worked with her. 

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I did wonder about Chris Evans’ absence. Based on his past history I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d asked them for a large appearance fee to be on the tribute. 

Or, perhaps his massive ego still can't cope with the fact that he failed on TG and he won't be associated with it or anything to do with it.