Happy

Hairdryer

Shove Sint Paadee.

A day out for the Plastic Paddies, the green felt hats, the leprechaun outfits and an excuse to drink excessively.  

‘People’ worldwide being Oirish for a day, consuming the disgusting Guinness and generally behaving like the @rseholes they probably normally are, but under the guise of ‘having a good craic’.

A wee green man in a wee green suit.  

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Shove Sint Paadee.

A day out for the Plastic Paddies, the green felt hats, the leprechaun outfits and an excuse to drink excessively.  

‘People’ worldwide being Oirish for a day, consuming the disgusting Guinness and generally behaving like the @rseholes they probably normally are, but under the guise of ‘having a good craic’.

A wee green man in a wee green suit.  

It’s an American thing more than Irish it wasn’t that long ago that pubs in Ireland weren’t allowed to open on religious holidays. And once the monster that is Guinness’s marketing machine got a hold of it there was no stopping it. Ironically a brewery that wouldn’t employ catholics. 
I was in New York for it a couple of years ago (not deliberately) and I’ve never seen so many people utterly buckled by early afternoon. The average American isn’t quite as skilled in the art of heavy daytime drinking as the British and Irish. As a Guinness drinker I do find the sight of posh Edinburgh uni girls trying to pretend they’re enjoying a half pint of it funny though. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s an American thing more than Irish it wasn’t that long ago that pubs in Ireland weren’t allowed to open on religious holidays. And once the monster that is Guinness’s marketing machine got a hold of it there was no stopping it. Ironically a brewery that wouldn’t employ catholics. 
I was in New York for it a couple of years ago (not deliberately) and I’ve never seen so many people utterly buckled by early afternoon. The average American isn’t quite as skilled in the art of heavy daytime drinking as the British and Irish. As a Guinness drinker I do find the sight of posh Edinburgh uni girls trying to pretend they’re enjoying a half pint of it funny though. 

Got to love a posh Edinburgh Uni girl though, Taz?

😍👍

Just now, Morgan said:

Got to love a posh Edinburgh Uni girl though, Taz?

😍👍

I had a very friendly set up with one of the members of the hockey team a number of years ago. Very fit those posh sporty girls. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

Wouldn't mind a Guinness or two.

I’ve had 3 pints of it in the last year. I’m on the verge of getting emotional if I see someone on the telly drinking it. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve had 3 pints of it in the last year. I’m on the verge of getting emotional if I see someone on the telly drinking it. 

😄 Torture mate.

Just now, Tazio said:

I’ve always wondered why it isn’t protty? 

It’s either a lisp thing, or the Irish habit of saying words the wrong way.  🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s a ‘sexy lilt’ don’t you know?

J.T.F.Robertson
59 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Ah well.  Beidh lá eile, as they say round here.

As long as we don't lose again. (looked it up :) )

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

J.T.F.Robertson
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Hopefully we won't.  :thumbsup:

All lose at the finish. :( But enough of my positivity. 

44 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I love Guinness.

Not for me, but whatever you're having yourself.  Even though I rarely drink Guinness, I know enough to recommend that you only drink it when you're on this island.  Otherwise the water (fresh and salt) impedes the quality.

Anyway, today it's been:

beer-143851_bb3d6_hd.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

:toasting:

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

I love Guinness.

Which is quite surprising considering I once, in my youth, consumed far too much of it and then went to a gig. Continued to drink pints of the stuff throughout the gig, then pogoing up and down to whichever band it was, before vomiting black sick all over the doors when the lights came up and everyone was leaving. There may have been screams. Proper jets of vomit pouring out my nose and everything. 

Anyway, Happy St Patrick's day to those who are into that sort of thing :) 

Sounds like a good night😦

highlandjambo3

18 March 1983, McRory park West Belfast.....IRA had a go at *two vehicles leaving our base......one signals sergeant lost his legs...............locals celebrated like a cup final.....Provos liked to put on a show on paddy’s day............they can ram it (ok I know it was in the past).

* I just got out of the vehicle 5 minutes before.

JudyJudyJudy

Belated happy St Patrick’s day ! Haters gotta hate it seems on this ! Tragic really 

John Findlay
12 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Ah well.  Beidh lá eile, as they say round here.

I prefer Esther Rantzen

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Belated happy St Patrick’s day ! Haters gotta hate it seems on this ! Tragic really 

I just do not see the point in it. When these people get together to 'celebrate' arond the world, what do they talk about? Do they speak in fake Irish accents and waffle on about the craic?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just do not see the point in it. When these people get together to 'celebrate' arond the world, what do they talk about? Do they speak in fake Irish accents and waffle on about the craic?

It’s an excuse to get pissed and listen to anyone who might have that lovely Irish accent ‘. I prefer the Southern Ireland accent less harsh than the north on the ears 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Who knew there were so many torn faced miserabilists kicking around.

"Look, some people over there are enjoying themselves"

3Qn2.gif

Exactly ! Strikes of envy 

15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Not for me, but whatever you're having yourself.  Even though I rarely drink Guinness, I know enough to recommend that you only drink it when you're on this island.  Otherwise the water (fresh and salt) impedes the quality.

Anyway, today it's been:

beer-143851_bb3d6_hd.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

:toasting:

I could be wrong but the vast majority of Guinness over here is brewed in Ireland, so we'd get the same water and salt levels. 

As I understood it, the main reason it's apparently better over there is because it's drank more regularly, meaning the beer in the lines is always fresher, and the landlords know how to look after it properly. A pub with shit or no Guinness isn't going to last long In Ireland. Over here, you don't even need to sell it and still do fine for yourself. 

Craic isn't Irish patter. It's Scottish/Northern English Crak/Crack. 

Anyway feck Paddy, Geordie and Davie.