Barrymore Strikes it Lucky

¼½¾

Plenty on Twitter who think this could actually be just the tip of the iceberg. People seem convinced that Barrymore knows more than he ever let on and it could all come out.

jack D and coke

My cousins ex fiancé told me a few things that apparently went on there that night. They lived Manchester at the time and she knew a lot of guys from the gay scene there. 
The guy being arrested in the Cheshire area now is quite coincidental. 

Barrymore invited his mate to this pool party. His mate turned up with Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville. "You stupid bar steward! I said BRING SPEEDO's!!!"

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Plenty on Twitter who think this could actually be just the tip of the iceberg. People seem convinced that Barrymore knows more than he ever let on and it could all come out.

And they would know this how? Never listen to idiots on social media.

4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Great title.

Looks like he's not in a hot spot anymore.

Correct. Because what is a hot spot not?

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Locky said:

Barack's already said it but I'd clicked on the 'quote' button so feckit, here I go.

I hadn't realised that there were only 8 people at the party. I struggle very hard to imagine the circumstances where one person is violently killed within a group of eight and none of the other seven has something to say to help work out what happened. Admittedly, I've never been to a sex party with more than two people (counting myself) but I still think I could work out by a process of elimination who the chap was with during the last moments of his life and if I was telling the police I didn't know or hadn't seen anything, it would most likely mean that I was deeply involved myself.

I hope for the sake of Lubbock's dying father that this arrest leads to confirmation of what actually happened to his son that day and that all parties who contributed to the lad's death (or prevented the truth coming out) are delat with to the full extent of the law.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, Locky said:

32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

And they would know this how? Never listen to idiots on social media.

I tend to agree with you here.... I go nowhere near social media.....back in the day did anyone ever play “Chinese whispers” ? Social media is a modern version but the outcome is the same.

Its almost a daily rant now with the mob and what they think they know not knowing the harm it can do to people.  If you know something then make a statement of fact, if you think you know something then that’s called an opinion and you need to SEPARATE what you know and what you ACTUALLY don’t know but, If you voice an opinion make sure you state that and remember what you say has a consequence.

And que the “we’re entitled to an opinion” mob 🤨

If she floats she’s a witch....FFS

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Its almost a daily rant now with the mob and what they think they know not knowing the harm it can do to people.  If you know something then make a statement of fact, if you think you know something then that’s called an opinion and you need to SEPARATE what you know and what you ACTUALLY don’t know but, If you voice an opinion make sure you state that and remember what you say has a consequence.

You've seen The Terrace, right?

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Barack's already said it but I'd clicked on the 'quote' button so feckit, here I go.

I hadn't realised that there were only 8 people at the party. I struggle very hard to imagine the circumstances where one person is violently killed within a group of eight and none of the other seven has something to say to help work out what happened. Admittedly, I've never been to a sex party with more than two people (counting myself) but I still think I could work out by a process of elimination who the chap was with during the last moments of his life and if I was telling the police I didn't know or hadn't seen anything, it would most likely mean that I was deeply involved myself.

I hope for the sake of Lubbock's dying father that this arrest leads to confirmation of what actually happened to his son that day and that all parties who contributed to the lad's death (or prevented the truth coming out) are delat with to the full extent of the law.

Sounds a bit harsh but I’m not sure it’s for the best for his father to find out the circumstances of what happened. 

JudyJudyJudy

The incident happened 20 years ago. I recall the disgusting homophobic media frenzy about it all. Usually lead by the " scum" rag.  As others note who knows what the truth is ?  The lad went willingly to Barrymores house and was probably impressed by it and the wealth of Barrymore.  Barrymore apparently liked " rough trade" and Lubbock fell into that category. A party ensued and its more than likely a copious amount of drugs ( coke ) were taken and alcohol. Inhibitions down and an orgy probably took place.   More than likely it was consensual.  The reports about " horrific " injuries to Lubbock bottom were never really confirmed. As a note the back passage is a very sensitive and fragile area therefore it could easily have been damaged in consensual sex. And then again maybe not.  I think the family of Lubbock have probably held on to the belief that their son was a " victim" rather than acknowledge that it was an accident which probably happened after gay consensual sex. Better to think he was a victim that gay.  Sorry but that was some of the prevailing attitudes back then and still exists.  I certainly think Barrymore is guilty of hosting a drugs fueled party but not so sure he had any involvement in the lads death. 

I P Knightley
35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sounds a bit harsh but I’m not sure it’s for the best for his father to find out the circumstances of what happened. 

I know that it may not be best for him but he's spent 20 years trying to find out so I imagine he's braced for the worst. JamesM48's take on it is probably the least he's imagining.

The phrase 'horrific' about his injuries came from the post-mortem. No doubt the gutter press focused on that for sensationalist & homophobic reasons but, nonetheless, it hints at something beyond what might be expected from a normal bit of party fun. The PM report also confirms booze, cocaine and ecstasy in his bloodstream.

I think, James, if it was an accident after consenual sex, the others involved would have been more forthcoming with their statements. And I suspect that if the police also believed that evidence pointed more towards that, they wouldn't be making an arrest 20 years on.

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

Barrymore invited his mate to this pool party. His mate turned up with Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville. "You stupid bar steward! I said BRING SPEEDO's!!!"

🤣 Sorry couldn't help but laugh

Weakened Offender

I always think Michael Barrymore was the real victim in this tragedy. 

Oh, wait a minute, I don't. It's him that seems to thinks that. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I know that it may not be best for him but he's spent 20 years trying to find out so I imagine he's braced for the worst. JamesM48's take on it is probably the least he's imagining.

The phrase 'horrific' about his injuries came from the post-mortem. No doubt the gutter press focused on that for sensationalist & homophobic reasons but, nonetheless, it hints at something beyond what might be expected from a normal bit of party fun. The PM report also confirms booze, cocaine and ecstasy in his bloodstream.

I think, James, if it was an accident after consenual sex, the others involved would have been more forthcoming with their statements. And I suspect that if the police also believed that evidence pointed more towards that, they wouldn't be making an arrest 20 years on.

Remember watching Ch 4 documentary with Lubbocks brother & dad featured.

I'm sure they know the extent of his injuries, and are sceptical about how they were inflicted. Seem to recall the object of the alleged assault is known, but mysteriously vanished  (like Barrymore) after the incident. Awful story.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

It’s an odd story really and like you said if it was accidental why not come forward and just explain what happened unless it was a free for all on Lubbock ? That’s the only reason I think people wouldn’t come forward ? But surely there would have been dna evidence if his was the case ? 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s an odd story really and like you said if it was accidental why not come forward and just explain what happened unless it was a free for all on Lubbock ? That’s the only reason I think people wouldn’t come forward ? But surely there would have been dna evidence if his was the case ? 

Life's never black and white, I'd put money on that something else, something seedy and/or illegal was going on that night that prevents anyone from talking. Who knows, maybe minors were there and they don't want to incriminate themselves, maybe a shadowy gangland figure who doesn't want the world knowing he's gay is forcing silence on them. Could be anything!

I’ve just checked the history of it. I didn’t realise Barrymore and his legal team at one point put forward a defence that the injuries didn’t happen at the party but were inflicted after he’d been taken to the morgue. That’s a pretty extreme accusation. 

Peakybunnet
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The incident happened 20 years ago. I recall the disgusting homophobic media frenzy about it all. Usually lead by the " scum" rag.  As others note who knows what the truth is ?  The lad went willingly to Barrymores house and was probably impressed by it and the wealth of Barrymore.  Barrymore apparently liked " rough trade" and Lubbock fell into that category. A party ensued and its more than likely a copious amount of drugs ( coke ) were taken and alcohol. Inhibitions down and an orgy probably took place.   More than likely it was consensual.  The reports about " horrific " injuries to Lubbock bottom were never really confirmed. As a note the back passage is a very sensitive and fragile area therefore it could easily have been damaged in consensual sex. And then again maybe not.  I think the family of Lubbock have probably held on to the belief that their son was a " victim" rather than acknowledge that it was an accident which probably happened after gay consensual sex. Better to think he was a victim that gay.  Sorry but that was some of the prevailing attitudes back then and still exists.  I certainly think Barrymore is guilty of hosting a drugs fueled party but not so sure he had any involvement in the lads death. 

Hmmm you seem to know a lot about what happened.

All I know is that there were 8 at a party including females and Lubbock was found floating in the pool.

At the first inquest into his death.

"Medical experts told the hearing that he had suffered severe internal injuries, suggesting he may have been the victim of a serious sexual assault"

Reminds me of a murder in a crowded bookies in Shettelston  a long time ago. 

Apart from the victim everybody was in the toilet when it happened. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

All I know is that there were 8 at a party including females and Lubbock was found floating in the pool.

"Medical experts told the hearing that he had suffered severe internal injuries, suggesting he may have been the victim of a serious sexual assault"

I know as much as you do ! 

millerjames398
59 minutes ago, felix said:

Remember watching Ch 4 documentary with Lubbocks brother & dad featured.

I'm sure they know the extent of his injuries, and are sceptical about how they were inflicted. Seem to recall the object of the alleged assault is known, but mysteriously vanished  (like Barrymore) after the incident. Awful story.

I'm sure a door handle from a summer house and a pool thermometer, were mentioned during that documentary as possible objects he was assaulted with..grim stuff.

Sure one of the documentaries had people who knew the guy (maybe even his sister??) say he was quite a jack-the-lad and had never shown any signs of homosexuality.

24 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

There was a murder you spoke of a couple of weeks back, Peaky, in Edinburgh.  Maybe Granton?  You told the same story ie. everybody was in the toilet..

Two stories, or one?

Peakybunnet
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There was a murder you spoke of a couple of weeks back, Peaky, in Edinburgh.  Maybe Granton?  You told the same story ie. everybody was in the toilet..

Two stories, or one?

Two stories, the other one came from a colleague in Glasgow. Didn't want to repeat the Skippers story so as not to hurt John Findlays feelings. 😀

PS in Skippers there was cctv which proved they weren't in the toilet but they still said they were! 

Edited by Peakybunnet

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Two stories, the other one came from a colleague in Glasgow. Didn't want to repeat the Skippers story so as not to hurt John Findlays feelings. 😀

👍

I think John is pretty thick-skinned, but you never know!  

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Sure one of the documentaries had people who knew the guy (maybe even his sister??) say he was quite a jack-the-lad and had never shown any signs of homosexuality.

What are the signs of “homosexuality” ?? 

CB8DA64C-5E04-451F-BB63-2462ED27590B.jpeg

Just now, JamesM48 said:

What are the signs of “homosexuality” ?? 

CB8DA64C-5E04-451F-BB63-2462ED27590B.jpeg

A high voice and a mincing gait I’m led to believe. And of course a fondness for brightly coloured clothes and Kylie. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A high voice and a mincing gait I’m led to believe. And of course a fondness for brightly coloured clothes and Kylie. 

Apart from the lesbians of course. They wear dungarees and have crewcuts. They probably smoke a pipe and drink pints as well.  
They resent Kylie. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Spot on 🤞

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lol lol I should know by now any gay related thread on a football forum rapidly descends into stereotypical nonsense ! ( not your comment ! 😂) I think football forums seem to be stuck in circa 1970 😡

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Apart from the lesbians of course. They wear dungarees and have crewcuts. They probably smoke a pipe and drink pints as well.  
They resent Kylie. 

Don’t they all look like Sharon Stone in “ Basic instinct “ ??? Or is it Fred Flinstone ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Don’t they all look like Sharon Stone in “ Basic instinct “ ??? Or is it Fred Flinstone ? 

Well there are the diesel dykes as described and the adult entertainment film lesbians who will always invite any passing man to join in their shenanigans. Ms Stone is clearly in the 2nd category. Vasquez in Aliens is the other kind of course. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well there are the diesel dykes as described and the adult entertainment film lesbians who will always invite any passing man to join in their shenanigans. Ms Stone is clearly in the 2nd category. Vasquez in Aliens is the other kind of course. 

There was a brilliant meme about this I can’t locate it though. Made me laugh 

Tommy Brown

If anything good has come out of this tragedy,is that it finished Barrymore's career.

It certainly did, though. He was the top tv comedian/presenter at the time.

I'll admit, he did make me laugh.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

If anything good has come out of this tragedy,is that it finished Barrymore's career.

It certainly did, though. He was the top tv comedian/presenter at the time.

I'll admit, he did make me laugh.

I couldn’t stand him actually ! One if those irritating presenters who just annoyed me . Much like Ant and Dec 

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I couldn’t stand him actually ! One if those irritating presenters who just annoyed me . Much like Ant and Dec 

He was nothing more than a novelty act. No discernible talent whatsoever. Wasn't funny, couldn't sing, relied on gimmicks and a shitty catchphrase. One of many of that time that were on mainstream TV for some reason. See also Joe Pasquale.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bf29999fcc753f7b12efbb2e77a7f98c.jpeg

Lol unfortunately the Sopranos David Chase resorted to embarrassing cliches with the depiction of Vito Spatofore and his coming out ! The show was let down with this but still my favourite all time show . Poor Vito having to wear leathers like that 😀 however it was good that it highlighted gays in the Mafia . Loved Paulies response when he heard Vito was giving head instead of receiving it !!! Like it made him less of a man 😀

JudyJudyJudy
52 minutes ago, JWL said:

He was nothing more than a novelty act. No discernible talent whatsoever. Wasn't funny, couldn't sing, relied on gimmicks and a shitty catchphrase. One of many of that time that were on mainstream TV for some reason. See also Joe Pasquale.

Exactly completely untalented . Like that joe guy too . Nippy . 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Love the Sopranos myself, it’s been replaying on Sky Atlantic and Vito’s death happened a couple of days ago. 

Must be relatively ‘risky’ at the time to have two blokes kissing. Especially as it’s kind of a break from stereotypical ‘camp’ gays that were on tv to that stage, with two ‘masculine’ gay men in gangster and fireman.  

It’s my favourite all time show . Incredibly written and acted . I love love livia Sopranos view of life ! Comical at times . Her character was the real driving force in the series . Unfortunately the great actress who played her , Nancy Marchand died . David chase had various storyline lined up which included her testifying against Tony in court but didn’t proceed with them due to her death . Yes the gay storyline was ground breaking for its time as the mafia is often portrayed as so macho so obviously there are no gays in it !! 😀 sadly there were a lot of anger from die hard toxic masculine men who who were fans of this show but got offended by the storyline ! I liked Tony’s attitude to Vito when he hoped that all the bosses would be more accepting of Vito . But it was the Phil Leotardo who sealed Vito fate ! 

1 hour ago, JWL said:

His biggest talent, if you could call it that, is/was making a fool out of others. I remember the programme My Kind of People, where he basically found strange members of the public to take the piss out of. Susan Boyle was on it before she appeared on Britain's Got Talent. There's a video on Youtuve, which I'll not inflict on anyone.

I now want to watch the Sopranos again.  :)

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

His biggest talent, if you could call it that, is/was making a fool out of others. I remember the programme My Kind of People, where he basically found strange members of the public to take the piss out of. Susan Boyle was on it before she appeared on Britain's Got Talent. There's a video on Youtuve, which I'll not inflict on anyone.

I now want to watch the Sopranos again.  :)

Yes that’s right it was cruel tv really . Making a arse out of people with clearly disabilities of some sort . I’m re thinking of the Sops again too