Car Repair help required

Fxxx the SPFL

Fxxx the SPFL

My son in laws car is in at Peter Vardy Seafield it's a 2017 Vauxhall Insignia on PCP they just called to say it needs brake callipers and valves and are looking to charge him £1,000 no issues at last years MOT anyone got any idea if he's being ripped off. Apologies for the limited info

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

My son in laws car is in at Peter Vardy Seafield it's a 2017 Vauxhall Insignia on PCP they just called to say it needs brake callipers and valves and are looking to charge him £1,000 no issues at last years MOT anyone got any idea if he's being ripped off. Apologies for the limited info

Brake calipers should last 10 years or 100,000 miles unless they have been hammered , whats the miles on the car, valves should not be shot on a 4 year old car, did he buy it at Vardy.

maybe a 2nd opinion bud.

Fxxx the SPFL

Yep bought car in 2018 on PCP from Vardy it had 12k when he bought it now has £32k he is not a speed freak as he has two young kids. Vardy have said that it's failed it's MOT and he obviously can't take it away or can he.

cheers HP

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep bought car in 2018 on PCP from Vardy it had 12k when he bought it now has £32k he is not a speed freak as he has two young kids. Vardy have said that it's failed it's MOT and he obviously can't take it away or can he.

cheers HP

Could put it on a trailor and take it, obviously cant drive it, maybe low oil has done the valves

but im not an expert, thats a low milege for brake calipers, i did have a 25000 miles Astra from

arnold clark, the camshaft was wornout, they fixed it on a good will gesture, ha ha,

they sold me a worn out camshaft lol, this was after 2weeks had been through at a Falkirk Hearts match, got home and the engine was ticking very loudly.

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers HP

Sense of smell still not 100% after Cv-19 bout, but can definitely smell shite. He's got to get a second opinion on this. 32K miles is nowt. Two brake calipers with identical fault...crap!

Vardy of any kind are rip off merchants. Get it to a local garage. You can drive it as long as you're taking it to a garage.??? 

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers HP

I used Vardy for my last car for a number of years and never had any problems with them.  Having said that, that sounds pretty grim.  Did you get a couple of years free services with the PCP?  If so, could they be trying to get their money back?

If a car has failed it's MOT, as ri Alban says, it can be driven somewhere to have issues fixed or to have another MOT.