Saturday Night In in

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Yet another Covid Saturday night, just wondering how other's treat it as you can't go out anywhere and end up out out, do you just have another Saturday night in or stay In in and get pished 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Got the excitement of a click and collect to pick up at Tescos between 8 and 9 which the wife booked. Top trolling there. Quite fancied a glass of wine while watching the game as well, nae luck. Will probably be too tired for drinking when I get home, time will tell.  

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Got the excitement of a click and collect to pick up at Tescos between 8 and 9 which the wife booked. Top trolling there. Quite fancied a glass of wine while watching the game as well, nae luck. Will probably be too tired for drinking when I get home, time will tell.  

If your wife booked it, why cant she go and collect it?

Dagger Is Back

Same as every other lockdown Saturday

I'll say lets watch a film and no one will be able to agree what one.

The girls will watch @@@@ like Dancing On Ice, followed by the Voice and the final straw will be a catch up of Ru Pauls Drag Race.

That will result in me behaving like the dinosaur I am by calling the 'stars' every name under the sun, and I'll end up with the laptop/headphones on watching something decent. Quite fancy I Care A Lot which has been recommended on the film thread.

Doctor FinnBarr

Takeaway and get pished, same as every other Saturday since January (I'm on the sick).Quite fancy Peterloo at 10 tonight though.

Being honest, I've never been one for going out on a Saturday night. Usually got a game on the Sunday to keep me in and off the drink. As for Sunday's, I'm actually loving them. Spent the last 3 years coaching a Sunday amateur team so getting to sit with the feet up with an array of sport is fantastic. I've missed that.

Friday nights get me more. Always been more of a Friday drinker. Nothing better than finishing work and hitting the pub. I get my wee lassie often on a Friday so she's kept me sane, but when I don't have her, I can't help but getting pished. It's definitely not the same though.

I have been going for walks and bought some exercise equipment, over 5 stone down since August. 

No really had a drink since the pubs shut to be honest. I am not really a in the house drinker, I think I have watched every single premier league football match this season, with out the football I'd have lost the plot 😂

Just about to start cooking a nice meal for myself and then once that’s done sit down with a bottle of wine and try to find something to watch on the telly. Which can be quite difficult despite having Virgin cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ at hand. I might investigate Star the new channel on Disney+ as it’s got more classic content on it compared to the family friendly content on the main part. 

Carl Fredrickson
15 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I have been going for walks and bought some exercise equipment, over 5 stone down since August. 

No really had a drink since the pubs shut to be honest. I am not really a in the house drinker, I think I have watched every single premier league football match this season, with out the football I'd have lost the plot 😂

Well done on the weight loss, I think it is in my house. 

Got the golf on now but just watched some absolute shite called The Wall on BBC1. When this is all over, I am never staying in on a Saturday night ever again. Only redemption is that my fridge is stocked full of Stella.

Edited by JWL

24 minutes ago, LMc said:

Perfect draft machine flowing and a takeaway on the way.

Diet starts once again on Monday...

Are draft machines worth it? I get that you get a cracking pint but I've heard it's mighty expensive

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Are draft machines worth it? I get that you get a cracking pint but I've heard it's mighty expensive

i think the initial outlay is expensive, but once you have the machine the kegs are around £30 but when you return them you get £5 credit so £25 for 10 pints or £2.50 a pint

Doctor FinnBarr
29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sitting watching the golf with a cup of tea and a Magnum Walnut ice lolly. 

Life on the edge folks.

Thats sick, a Magnum should be original only.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Just about to start cooking a nice meal for myself and then once that’s done sit down with a bottle of wine and try to find something to watch on the telly. Which can be quite difficult despite having Virgin cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ at hand. I might investigate Star the new channel on Disney+ as it’s got more classic content on it compared to the family friendly content on the main part. 

Don’t know if you’re looking for recommendations but I’m really enjoying “The Terror” on BBC iPlayer.

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thats sick, a Magnum should be original only.

Correct but Iceland’s own are 4 for £1 and better !

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct but Iceland’s own are 4 for £1 and better !

Never normally go into Iceland but I will give them a bash.

5 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Yet another Covid Saturday night, just wondering how other's treat it as you can't go out anywhere and end up out out, do you just have another Saturday night in or stay In in and get pished 

Saturday nights this year have been Spent wallpapering if find

It therapeutic 

JudyJudyJudy

We are at a friends the night . 4 of us . Just had a Chinese take away   meal from Gorgie road . No booze just a smoke . Then play an online quiz against each other . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I feel your pain . All those channels etc and still nothing to watch really 😂

2 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Impressive weight loss . Well done . Similar to you re in the house drinking . It has never appealed to me unless I’m heading out after it . I suppose quite a few people have lost weight with the pubs being closed as beer / lager is full of calories 

1 hour ago, JWL said:

Got the golf on now but just watched some absolute shite called The Wall on BBC1. When this is all over, I am never staying in on a Saturday night ever again. Only redemption is that my fridge is stocked full of Stella.

Same as me I’ll be out ever Saturday if able to after all the shift ends 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Its certainly a big outlay to start off with but as another poster points out, it works out about £2.50 a pint. Add in beer credits you get and a 15% off voucher its becomes cheaper. A can after work is nice but a pint is better. 

Magnum double caramel, Magnum Inferno (it’s a new one here) and Magnum Almond are the bestest.  :thumb:

2 hours ago, LMc said:

Its certainly a big outlay to start off with but as another poster points out, it works out about £2.50 a pint. Add in beer credits you get and a 15% off voucher its becomes cheaper. A can after work is nice but a pint is better. 

I'd like to think we are heading Away from lockdown so I'll avoid for now... If we go back into lockdown I'll buy a pint for ,3quid from your front door!

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Magnum double caramel, Magnum Inferno (it’s a new one here) and Magnum Almond are the bestest.  :thumb:

236B77FF-65C8-4C02-BF74-14C92577CD60.jpeg

Салатные палочки

As a couple, we've never really been ones for a Saturday night out. A hangover on a Saturday is considerably more tolerable than on a Sunday. If we go out (rare these days) it's a Friday. 

We usually can't decide on a film and end up watching shite on telly. But last night was particularly good as my HDMI lead arrived so I had a wee smoke, phoned an Indian and watched some of my Minder box set. Only problem is I was sleeping before midnight and have now been up since 6. 

Sorry as this is a bit late now, but I watched a documentary on Sky Arts on The Blitz Kids....Steve Strange, Boy George and their club scene at the end of the 70s into the 80s. Worth catching if you can. Creative people and good to get a glimpse of London before the gentrification started. I've always like Robert Elms too.

Been stoned and pished every Friday/Saturday now for the past 8 weeks. Probably going to stay off it next weekend

manaliveits105
43 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Been stoned and pished every Friday/Saturday now for the past 8 weeks. Probably going to stay off it next weekend

are you one of our players ?

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

:laugh2:

Maiden Gorgie
14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Very good 👍😂

Maiden Gorgie

Gearing up for another fitba marathon today. Last night was a bottle of red and Blue Thunder on Sony Action. Like many others when things open up I will never stay in again. Saving for it already

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

What is really sick was my wife's Magnum Mint. 

Utterly gantin.

Never heard it called that before Jonno. :oohmatron:

John Findlay
15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

What is really sick was my wife's Magnum Mint. 

Utterly gantin.

Magnum mint. Is that the new slang term for a Jack Danny?

William H. Bonney

I’ve never really been one for going out on a Saturday night. A few pints after the football was about as exciting as it gets. 
i much prefer to go out during the week, as it’s always quieter. 

Ended up in Tesco in corstorphine on Saturday night for something to do the place was mobbed I think most people had the same idea took a massive detour from mine to Tesco for something to do. If I sit in the house I will sit watching crap on tv or be on social media on the phone.