Sarah Everard (Missing Woman)

Ritchez

Peakybunnet
29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’d say self harm was a real possibility. 

Thought he would have been on a 24/7 suicide watch. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• Tazio

• The Real Maroonblood

• Francis Albert

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

She said she was utterly appalled that a police officer has been arrested in connection with the disappearance.  How is that going to stop him receiving a fair trial if he is charged?

It won't, but to be fair good old FA needs to find a contrary position somehow!

Byyy The Light
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was raging at myself for biting

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

I was raging at myself for biting

We all have a nibble from time to time 😁

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m a big guy too, I make as much noise as possible with keys/change/cough etc or even cross the road. 
As I get older, slower and deafer I have to say with footwear nowadays it’s harder to hear folk and have experienced someone walking past me at night when you don’t realise there’s someone there. It does give you a momentary fright. 

97% of women polled have been sexually assaulted, that’s a scary statistic. One of work friends has spoken in the past about how she’s almost certain it will happen to her. We were on a work night out once and I assumed she was staying at her boyfriends in Leith, she was staying at her own flat and got some horrific verbal abuse from a car full of guys at the cash point in Gorgie, thankfully the taxi driver was still there. I was raging with myself. 
It’s been an interesting few days thinking about my own actions. 

Eh? 97%? What the **** are they classing as sexual assault? 

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You won't respond but what exactly is my "position" contrary to?

57 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You can’t say there isn’t a problem if it takes 4 minutes to read the name of all the women killed by men in the UK in the last year. 4 ****ing minutes. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-56363752

In the interest of fairness, I'd bet it'd take even longer to read the names of men killed by men. Basically, we're more likely to kill than women, regardless of the victims sex. 

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You won't respond but what exactly is my "position" contrary to?

The world. 

Spitonastranger
35 minutes ago, Norm said:

In the interest of fairness, I'd bet it'd take even longer to read the names of men killed by men. Basically, we're more likely to kill than women, regardless of the victims sex. 

But not by the partners, husbands or ex partners, stupid comparison 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You can’t say there isn’t a problem if it takes 4 minutes to read the name of all the women killed by men in the UK in the last year. 4 ****ing minutes. 

Its shocking, and this needs to be a UK wide priority. Legislate and educate, get the royals out of the spotlight and get the safety of women, in and outside the home, on our screens. What is wrong with our priorities? 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, steve123 said:

Yea apparently they have said there was nobody else with him at the time ie his colleagues never gave him a kicking.

camera switched off for a minute possibly :whistling:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Typical police officer

After a millisecond of shock that was my opinion too, never met one that wasn’t a dodgy *******. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Typical police officer

Yep, your average local bobby is a murderer. The statistics don't lie. :sadrobbo:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Yep, your average local bobby is a murderer. The statistics don't lie. :sadrobbo:

Misogyny is rife in the feds man

Captain Slog
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Typical police officer

I have nothing but contempt for this statement, @Dusk_Till_Dawn sometimes Ive really agreed with your posts, but you really destroy any credibility with this, perhaps the worst trolling statement I've read this year.   I'd ask the mods to have a word, but I really cant be bothered.

Captain Slog
2 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

I have nothing but contempt for this statement, @Dusk_Till_Dawn sometimes Ive really agreed with your posts, but you really destroy any credibility with this, perhaps the worst trolling statement I've read this year.   I'd ask the mods to have a word, but I really cant be bothered.

Ach, I can be bothered,  @Sharpie is the most informed, intelligent and respectable person in this whole community, are you going to include him in that trolling statement?  We owe a lot to all our brave officers past and present, they really don't need despicable comments like that.

Peakybunnet
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This doesn't have to descend into ACAB, AMAB or anything else. A wee bit of thought before making generalisations helps.

Having never wanted to sexually assault or murder a woman, I just cannot understand what goes through these people's twisted minds. Like, do they spend a large part of their day thinking about this kind of stuff, or is it more likely to be a spur of the moment thing? 

Think it must be spur of the moment. Looks like he has easily been out by cctv which doesn't indicate forward planning. 

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This doesn't have to descend into ACAB, AMAB or anything else. A wee bit of thought before making generalisations helps.

Having never wanted to sexually assault or murder a woman, I just cannot understand what goes through these people's twisted minds. Like, do they spend a large part of their day thinking about this kind of stuff, or is it more likely to be a spur of the moment thing? 

It is so horrendous I am sure psychiatrist's or councillors have probably looked deeply into it, I don't think the general public could ever comprehend or understand it though.

The person charged for this has also been charged with exposing himself to women in a takeaway restaurant 4 days earlier so seems to have some kind of background.

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I know what you mean, are they holding themselves back from it most of the time? Have they actively thought this is something I quite fancy? Makes you think eh

Reading some of the experiences of women on Twitter is a real eye opener for me. Absolutely disgusting the fear of men that a lot of women live with.

Anyway, one of the exchanges I read was women passing on practical help to stay safe, and apparently there's a feature of iPhones that if you press the lock 5 times, the phone can let off a siren, contact 5 emergency contacts saying where you are and take photographs from front and back cameras. I had no idea about that feature, but I'll definitely be telling the wife and daughter about it. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Typical police officer

A pretty despicable comment. But not a million miles from the views of significant sections of the movement our players take the knee in support of before each game.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, theshed said:

Just reading a women from the Green Party wants a 6pm curfew on all men on the streets so women feel

safer 

Some folk just don’t engage their brain

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m totally shocked by this, an insane statistic. I’ve actually stopped someone who was about to harm a woman in some way I believe. It was before my wife and I bought our own house. I was dropping her off in my car, but I had noticed a guy who was acting a bit weird on Leith Links at the foot of Restalrig Road. When I got back in the car I decided to swing by and have a look at what he was up to, as it was dark and quite late. He was standing in the phone box with the phone in his hand, but clearly wasn’t using it, as he was too busy just staring at a woman walking her dog. I sat watching him and after a bit he just looked around then headed towards her. As he got closer, he started to speed up, so I jumped out the car and started to run over. He looked like he was about to grab her, so I shouted and he took off in the other direction as fast as he could. She looked absolutely petrified. I asked her if she was ok, but she started freaking out about who I was, so I just got myself away from her as quickly as I could, so as not to scare her any further. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Typical police officer

Never had you down as a poor poster, but you’ve really let yourself down with this shocker of a post, very poor indeed.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some folk just don’t engage their brain

I’m totally shocked by this, an insane statistic. I’ve actually stopped someone who was about to harm a woman in some way I believe. It was before my wife and I bought our own house. I was dropping her off in my car, but I had noticed a guy who was acting a bit weird on Leith Links at the foot of Restalrig Road. When I got back in the car I decided to swing by and have a look at what he was up to, as it was dark and quite late. He was standing in the phone box with the phone in his hand, but clearly wasn’t using it, as he was too busy just staring at a woman walking her dog. I sat watching him and after a bit he just looked around then headed towards her. As he got closer, he started to speed up, so I jumped out the car and started to run over. He looked like he was about to grab her, so I shouted and he took off in the other direction as fast as he could. She looked absolutely petrified. I asked her if she was ok, but she started freaking out about who I was, so I just got myself away from her as quickly as I could, so as not to scare her any further. 

Never had you down as a poor poster, but you’ve really let yourself down with this shocker of a post, very poor indeed.

That’s quite alarming about Restalrig. When I lived at Ryehill just of Restalrig Road a few years ago I got a phone call from my wife saying she was being followed by some random guy that had appeared when she got off the bus. I chucked my shoes on and ran to where she was walking as fast as I could. When she was in sight sure enough there was a man walking behind her, dark coat, baseball hat pulled down. He heard me shouting and turned tail and scuttled of in the direction he’d come from. I would have run after him but didn’t want to leave her alone as she was pretty shaken up. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I will be accused of something or other for pointing it out but it is killed by men convicted or charged with  killing women. A distinction worth making. 

Obviously one is shocking.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I will be accused of something or other for pointing it out but it is killed by men convicted or charged with  killing women. A distinction worth making. 

Obviously one is shocking.

Well not all of those cases will have gone to court yet, and in all reality are you suggesting a significant amount of these crimes will actually have been carried out by other women? 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That’s quite alarming about Restalrig. When I lived at Ryehill just of Restalrig Road a few years ago I got a phone call from my wife saying she was being followed by some random guy that had appeared when she got off the bus. I chucked my shoes on and ran to where she was walking as fast as I could. When she was in sight sure enough there was a man walking behind her, dark coat, baseball hat pulled down. He heard me shouting and turned tail and scuttled of in the direction he’d come from. I would have run after him but didn’t want to leave her alone as she was pretty shaken up. 

Some seriously deranged folks out there. Pretty much guaranteed that this is two different individuals though, as the incident I mentioned was a very long time ago when I first started dating my wife. It must be quite scary at times being a female walking alone late at night. Glad you got down to your wife ASAP and she was ok.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well not all of those cases will have gone to court yet, and in all reality are you suggesting a significant amount of these crimes will actually have been carried out by other women? 

Well no.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some seriously deranged folks out there. Pretty much guaranteed that this is two different individuals though, as the incident I mentioned was a very long time ago when I first started dating my wife. It must be quite scary at times being a female walking alone late at night. Glad you got down to your wife ASAP and she was ok.

This would have been about 15+ years ago as we’d not long moved into that house. Ironically as it was a nice quiet neighbourhood. 

Well just read this thread, not really impressed to be honest. I am a father of a daughter, grandfather of two granddaughters, and I have so far one great Granddaughter. I have nothing but sympathy for the young woman who was murdered, I have absolutely no sympathy for the perpetrator of the crime, but I must say I am shocked by some people on this particular thread who are making statements that seem to suggest that all police personnel are homicidal perverts, so sad because some of you  I actually had respect for in the past.

I lived in the police service for thirty six years, and have never known of a similar arrest, its thirty years since I was active and served in two diverse countries, but in neither would an offender such as this be given any preferential treatment.  

Its strange how I read and watch media, and see accused from all walks of life charged with horrendous acts, but seldom if ever do I see the offenders whole occupation castigated the way good honest police officers are here, I realise that shock and disgust are appropriate, I feel the same about anyone who betrays their Oaths and obligations, but I am not prepared to watch a full service that I have served with proudly degraded in this way. I served in Edinburgh with a hat bearing a badge stating Semper Fidelis, and always was to my public, my service, and my family.  And that service often included walking young girls through the streets of Niddrie and Craigmillar when they got off the late bus and were afraid of walking alone. Even as a  young polis it would never have occurred to me to make even suggestions of a questionable nature, and I would say the same for my colleagues.  I have to say I do feel a bit of sadness and disappointment at the tone of this thread. How many of the hard men on here are going to walk up to a policeman and tell him what they think he is, If todays are anything like old Pc116 A's they would be be soon spitting out teeth, but their women would be safe.

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This would have been about 15+ years ago as we’d not long moved into that house. Ironically as it was a nice quiet neighbourhood. 

I’m going back over 30 years when that happened. I always thought it was fine there too, but up that top end is a scary place. It’s now my worst place to go in Edinburgh, had a few horror moments there with my work.

The nonsense about banning men after 6pm on the streets from a Green peer is just a nonsense and an example of where terrible stories lead some people to stop thinking rationally

7 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Well just read this thread, not really impressed to be honest. I am a father of a daughter, grandfather of two granddaughters, and I have so far one great Granddaughter. I have nothing but sympathy for the young woman who was murdered, I have absolutely no sympathy for the perpetrator of the crime, but I must say I am shocked by some people on this particular thread who are making statements that seem to suggest that all police personnel are homicidal perverts, so sad because some of you  I actually had respect for in the past.

I lived in the police service for thirty six years, and have never known of a similar arrest, its thirty years since I was active and served in two diverse countries, but in neither would an offender such as this be given any preferential treatment.  

Its strange how I read and watch media, and see accused from all walks of life charged with horrendous acts, but seldom if ever do I see the offenders whole occupation castigated the way good honest police officers are here, I realise that shock and disgust are appropriate, I feel the same about anyone who betrays their Oaths and obligations, but I am not prepared to watch a full service that I have served with proudly degraded in this way. I served in Edinburgh with a hat bearing a badge stating Semper Fidelis, and always was to my public, my service, and my family.  And that service often included walking young girls through the streets of Niddrie and Craigmillar when they got off the late bus and were afraid of walking alone. Even as a  young polis it would never have occurred to me to make even suggestions of a questionable nature, and I would say the same for my colleagues.  I have to say I do feel a bit of sadness and disappointment at the tone of this thread. How many of the hard men on here are going to walk up to a policeman and tell him what they think he is, If todays are anything like old Pc116 A's they would be be soon spitting out teeth, but their women would be safe.

wouldn't worry about some of the comments made about police ... not all of us think like that

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Well said Sharpie

John Findlay

Upbringing. My late father was my mentor and moral compass.

He taught me what he considered were good manners from an early age. Giving up my seat on the bus for elderly persons both male and female. Giving my seat up on the bus for a female and more importantly in his eyes a pregnant female. I'm 58 next month and still do this as I still use buses.

He told me never to treat a woman as a piece of meat, self explanatory.

Most of all never to lay a finger on a woman as men who do that are cowards. I can state without contradiction I have never hit a woman. 

Although I am a twice divorcee neither of my ex wives can say I laid a finger on them as I never, this despite my first ex wife goading me countless times to do so. Yes she hit me.

Where i differ from many is in that i was physically abused as a child but it wasnt my father it was my mother

My mother broke my nose twice and burst it several times. She never hit my sisters only me.

So when her and my father parted I chose to live with my father.

Despite what I have said above, I have never had the inclination to do harm to any female( my dad's teachings stuck and stuck fast) and I never will.

To men that perpetrate these crimes I always want the full force of the law to come down hard on them when found guilty in a court of law.

After murder i personally think rape is the most heinous crime that any man can commit, i personally would prefer them to be chemically castrated, i know this is never going to happen, so gaol them and throw away the key.

This is a truly horrible story, and society definitely needs to be doing more to make woman safer from these scumbag predators.  

It’s a small step, but I believe that the Government should start with making strip clubs illegal - in this day and age the idea of grown men perving over young vulnerable woman is both disgusting and creepy.  

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

This is a truly horrible story, and society definitely needs to be doing more to make woman safer from these scumbag predators.  

It’s a small step, but I believe that the Government should start with making strip clubs illegal - in this day and age the idea of grown men perving over young vulnerable woman is both disgusting and creepy.  

I think the internet is a much bigger problem than a strip club. 

Like most things nowadays the internet will probably end up shutting strip clubs eventually 

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Never been on a hen night then?

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Indeed. How far away are some of the people around us from becoming murderous rapists? What triggers them into doing so? Are there people more susceptible? Do some people go through their entire lives feeling like they want to do this sort of stuff but never act on it. Have never been into criminal psychology or even watching detective dramas, but this thread has got me thinking about what it is that makes criminals step over that line - or if they get to a point where they even recognise a line exists?

Yeah and folk that have the urges and don’t act on them - are they still evil monsters for having those urges or should they be commended for not acting on them? 

Another question I would ask is are there any support services for these types of people to go find help? I mean if you can stop one person from

raping and murdering then surely that would be worth it?

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Never been on a hen night then?

What’s your point? How many woman stalk and murder men walking home at night? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This Country is getting worse. Curfews for men after 6? That is absolutely nuts. 

When you get to a certain age you'll have had you're afternoon session in the pub and be home before 6pm.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

A peer in the Lords is looking to tag an ammendmrnt  to suitable legislation to introduce a 6pm curfew to make women safer and reduce discrimination. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/sarah-everard-green-partys-baroness-jones-suggests-6pm-curfew-for-men-12243194

This sort of nonsense adds nothing credible to the discussion.

Such a difficult topic, so many shades of grey between what's criminal and creepy (see the polarising Alex Salmond case for a brilliant live example) and therefore what can be done about it.

Sorry to say but it's hard to see past good men calling out these weirdo people when they see them and dishing out a few sore faces to make them think twice.  They know the police can't do anything about them as the law needs to protect innocent people against false allegations and misinterpretations too.

I have no doubts there are groups out there on the internet who openly discuss this kind of behavior and goad each other on and revel in it.  The previous world of the lone weirdo is probably a thing of the past.

Sad and dangerous times.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Upbringing. My late father was my mentor and moral compass.

He taught me what he considered were good manners from an early age. Giving up my seat on the bus for elderly persons both male and female. Giving my seat up on the bus for a female and more importantly in his eyes a pregnant female. I'm 58 next month and still do this as I still use buses.

He told me never to treat a woman as a piece of meat, self explanatory.

Most of all never to lay a finger on a woman as men who do that are cowards. I can state without contradiction I have never hit a woman. 

Although I am a twice divorcee neither of my ex wives can say I laid a finger on them as I never, this despite my first ex wife goading me countless times to do so. Yes she hit me.

Where i differ from many is in that i was physically abused as a child but it wasnt my father it was my mother

My mother broke my nose twice and burst it several times. She never hit my sisters only me.

So when her and my father parted I chose to live with my father.

Despite what I have said above, I have never had the inclination to do harm to any female( my dad's teachings stuck and stuck fast) and I never will.

To men that perpetrate these crimes I always want the full force of the law to come down hard on them when found guilty in a court of law.

After murder i personally think rape is the most heinous crime that any man can commit, i personally would prefer them to be chemically castrated, i know this is never going to happen, so gaol them and throw away the key.

Be careful John. Offering to give up your seat to someone simply because she is a woman would now be considered offensive and "sexist" by many. Maybe a bit creepie too. 

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Be careful John. Offering to give up your seat to someone simply because she is a woman would now be considered offensive and "sexist" by many. Maybe a bit creepie too. 

Only by those with a perverted mind.

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

What’s your point? How many woman stalk and murder men walking home at night? 

My point is that women can behave just as badly as you described those old men in a strip club.

16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Mark Drakeford has said he would consider a curfew of men on a temporary basis, in the right circumstances.

Doubt those circumstance would ever occur, however, to even consider is bonkers. 

Absolutely no chance this would ever be legal and politicians are just stoaking the fire with these kind of comments, we certainly have a problem but a blanket ban as suggested is never going to be the answer.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Only by those with a perverted mind.

Not so sure.  As what used to be called an "OAP", but stiil fit and active, I feel a slight resentment when someone (of either sex) offers to give up their seat for me. So I can understand a woman reacting to such an offer by thinking "I am not an invalid".