Prince Andrew

Maroon Sailor

53 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unfortunately for Andrew that's not in his gift to prevent now, no matter how much money he could offer Ms Giuffre, if she wants her day in court and refuses any offer, there is diddly squat Andrew can do to prevent the case going to court. 

The case could go ahead without him as they can't force him to attend but result may be even worse without a defence.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• A Boy Named Crow

• Auldbenches

• Unknown user

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

The case could go ahead without him as they can't force him to attend but result may be even worse without a defence.

That's what I'm saying, there is pretty much nothing Andrew can do to stop this, that is now down to Ms Giuffre and what she wants to do.

If she wants the money, it's she who can stop the case, if not the case goes to court whether Andrew defends it or not, Andrew is effectively a passenger now, as it's Ms Giuffre who calls all the shots from now on in.  If Andrew doesn't defend he'll get a default judgement against him and it'll be seen as an admission of guilt.

Andrew has very few options left and none of them are very good ones, from his point of view.

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Prince Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages returned to the Queen.

He will be left with nothing. 

apart from an income from the Queen aka us and board and lodgings . Result really  for him. Better than being inside and probably a cynical move from the Firm to placate the general public. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

apart from an income from the Queen aka us and board and lodgings . Result really  for him. Better than being inside and probably a cynical move from the Firm to placate the general public. 

I don't think it's as much to do to placate the public, but more an attempt to distance the wider Royal family from the damage all this is causing to the 'Royal' brand.  For me the key words were, that he was going to fight the allegations as a 'private citizen', and if he's no longer HRH etc then it's easier to claim that.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I don't think it's as much to do to placate the public, but more an attempt to distance the wider Royal family from the damage all this is causing to the 'Royal' brand.  For me the key words were, that he was going to fight the allegations as a 'private citizen', and if he's no longer HRH etc then it's easier to claim that.

Spot on, imo. It also implies that they don't hold out great hopes for his chances of success.

He has been found guilty by the Queen. 
It’s a pity execution is not in vogue as it would have been in the past. 😉

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unfortunately for Andrew that's not in his gift to prevent now, no matter how much money he could offer Ms Giuffre, if she wants her day in court and refuses any offer, there is diddly squat Andrew can do to prevent the case going to court. 

You're right he cannot precent a court case now but he has the nuclear option of not turning up. She get's her default judgement but no financial settlement. Her lawyers might press to settle out of court. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You're right he cannot precent a court case now but he has the nuclear option of not turning up. She get's her default judgement but no financial settlement. Her lawyers might press to settle out of court. 

And she gets a hefty bill. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

And she gets a hefty bill. 

Quite probably as I doubt these lawyers are working pro bono. Any settlement is likely to be north of $10m and I think they'll want their cut. 

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

With this being a civil case, not a criminal case, can he just not turn up? Could the Americans ask the UK to extradite him to the US?

If he doesn't turn up, would he be unable to leave the UK for anywhere else that has an extradition arrangement with the US?

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Prince Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages returned to the Queen.

He will be left with nothing. 

Only the memories! 🤦‍♂️

54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Will also substantially reduce his asset base so gives less for the lawyers to aim at

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Spot on, imo. It also implies that they don't hold out great hopes for his chances of success.

Indeed, there's only one person who does hold out hope it seems and that's His Roy..............oh wait.

30 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

With this being a civil case, not a criminal case, can he just not turn up? Could the Americans ask the UK to extradite him to the US?

If he doesn't turn up, would he be unable to leave the UK for anywhere else that has an extradition arrangement with the US?

I read somewhere it may be quite difficult to do so for some legal reasons. 

24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Fewer titles than Sevco now

LOL good one

10 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Only the memories! 🤦‍♂️

memories fade 

30 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

See above, Seymour replied he can decide not to turn up and she can therefore win by default. Problem is any costs would only be recoverable against any American assets he has. Otherwise she would have to pursue settlement in another jurisdiction based on an uncontested case in a  foreign country. Heard this on the podcast Americast this morning 👍

Its only a  " temporary " dumping of HRH title.  However on reflection its good that the  Royals have acted swiftly. Ill give them that. Once Liz goes it needs to go. 

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes he can just not show and the default judgement applies. I think it might be a New York law thing. 

As for your other questions I don't know for sure but as the case would be over I suspect he could unless INS decided he was persona non grata. I'm not sure there is extradition for civil cases but again happy to be corrected. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes he can just not show and the default judgement applies. I think it might be a New York law thing. 

As for your other questions I don't know for sure but as the case would be over I suspect he could unless INS decided he was persona non grata. I'm not sure there is extradition for civil cases but again happy to be corrected. 

I don't think there is, not for a civil case.

Lord Montpelier

Im not pro monarchy, not fussed massively either way, wouldn't miss it if it went, but I do feel for the queen at times as an elderly lady. Her privilege is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. I do wonder as she reflects on life whether she would wish to have been born into normal society. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Breaking News.

Being striped of his Military affiliations & Royal patronages, which are all going back to the Queen.

1B9F5363-CFD8-484A-8CBF-9E7984F6E2B0.gif

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Im not pro monarchy, not fussed massively either way, wouldn't miss it if it went, but I do feel for the queen at times as an elderly lady. Her privilege is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. I do wonder as she reflects on life whether she would wish to have been born into normal society. 

My guess would, she's done the utmost to protect him. Probably at the tax payer's expense.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

He should get a few quid for his uniforms on eBay. 

He better dry clean his breeks first or he'll get even more negative feedback

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She wasn't born into normal society as such, but when she was born she wasn't lined up to be queen. I wonder if she harbours dark thoughts about her uncle...