• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• A Boy Named Crow

• Auldbenches

• Unknown user

15 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Now he's suggesting false memories. He does realise Total Recall was a Sci fi movie and not a fly on the wall documentary? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60005128

False memories impacting court cases is well documented. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4409058/

We present a brief historical overview of false memories that focuses on three critical forensic areas that changed memory research: children as eyewitnesses, historic sexual abuse and eyewitness (mis)identification. We revisit some of the prominent trials of the 1980s and 1990s to not only consider the role false memories have played in judicial decisions, but also to see how this has helped us understand memory today. Finally, we consider the way in which the research on memory (true and false) has been successfully integrated into some courtroom procedures.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200408085517.htm

The findings, published in Frontiers in Psychology, build on a previous study that was the first to successfully implant false memories of committing a crime -- involving either assault or assault with a weapon that resulted in police contact.

Study author Dr Julia Shaw (UCL Psychology & Language Sciences) said: "Everyone thinks that they couldn't be tricked into believing they have done something they never did, and that if someone were telling them about a false memory, they would be able to spot it. But we found that actually, people tend to be quite susceptible to having false memories, and they sound just like real memories."

Obviously, this doesn't mean that false memories are relevant to this case but, it would be negligent if his legal team did not pursue any factor that could have an impact on the case.

7 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

False memories impacting court cases is well documented. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4409058/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200408085517.htm

Obviously, this doesn't mean that false memories are relevant to this case but, it would be negligent if his legal team did not pursue any factor that could have an impact on the case.

Personally I don't think it's a great move from his legal team, basically because Maxwell tried that as well and the jury didn't believe her, I would think his legal team will have a hard job on their hands trying to convince another jury of the same thing.

20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Personally I don't think it's a great move from his legal team, basically because Maxwell tried that as well and the jury didn't believe her, I would think his legal team will have a hard job on their hands trying to convince another jury of the same thing.

Fair point regarding Maxwell's defense. I suppose there could be differences between the two cases that make this defense more likely to have an impact in Andrew's case but, that's probably unlikely. I get the feeling that his legal team are throwing shit at the wall so that they can see what might stick.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Aah, the old false memory tactic to discredit a victim of abuse. Unfortunately for him, it's his own false memories of made up pizza restaurant visits that will do him in. And that's before even considering him denying ever meeting her despite a widely available photo of him with his hand on her body. False memories aye? ****ing reptile.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

jack D and coke

Royal Families name getting dragged through the gutter these days. 
Absolutely wonderful stuff☺️
Should a national holiday in the republic of Scotland one day getting shot of these parasites. 

A Boy Named Crow
12 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Presumably it works both ways. Prince Andrew could have false memory too

He has blocked from his memory any reference to beefing trafficked weans... therefore his testimony is inadmissible, judge dons the black cap...

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Presumably it works both ways. Prince Andrew could have false memory too

More an embarrassing sense of entitlement.

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

He has blocked from his memory any reference to beefing trafficked weans... therefore his testimony is inadmissible, judge dons the black cap...

Lets not even mention his assertion that he never sweats.  I doubt his lawyers would allow him to take the stand for his own good.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Lets not even mention his assertion that he never sweats.  I doubt his lawyers would allow him to take the stand for his own good.

Now that would be the ultimate car crash......................which makes it an absolute cert if Ms Giuffre gets her way.

18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Royal Families name getting dragged through the gutter these days. 
Absolutely wonderful stuff☺️
Should a national holiday in the republic of Scotland one day getting shot of these parasites. 

Royal Family. Boris Johnson. Reece-Mog. They’d be as well wrapping themselves in tartan and shouting ‘See you Jimmy’ There is no better incentive to vote Yes than to get away from the influence and power of those people 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Royal Family. Boris Johnson. Reece-Mog. They’d be as well wrapping themselves in tartan and shouting ‘See you Jimmy’ There is no better incentive to vote Yes than to get away from the influence and power of those people 

Tbh I think there is quite a bit of support for the Royals up here............as for the other two, well...

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tbh I think there is quite a bit of support for the Royals up here............as for the other two, well...

Amongst Unionists yes I suppose there is. Unionism and Royalism seem to go hand in hand.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Amongst Unionists yes I suppose there is. Unionism and Royalism seem to go hand in hand.

Only in the minds of SNP cultists.

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Only in the minds of SNP cultists.

On the contrary, here are the results of a poll which shows that @JimmyCantwas spot on - there is a significant correlation between folk who say that they would vote No at a future independence referendum and those who support the monarchy:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scots-split-whether-monarchy-should-23752436

No voters: 54% pro-monarchy, 22% pro-republic, 24% undecided

Yes voters: 30% pro-monarchy, 56% pro-republic, 15% undecided

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

On the contrary, here are the results of a poll which shows that @JimmyCantwas spot on - there is a significant correlation between folk who say that they would vote No at a future independence referendum and those who support the monarchy:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scots-split-whether-monarchy-should-23752436

No voters: 54% pro-monarchy, 22% pro-republic, 24% undecided

Yes voters: 30% pro-monarchy, 56% pro-republic, 15% undecided

Ah, from the Daily Record.  It must be true. :lol:

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Unless you’ve got stats to say otherwise we’ll maybe need to accept it was a proper and accurate poll no ?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The poll was commissioned by Sky News and carried out by Opinium.

Seriously, is that your level of debate nowadays? :D You offer a proposition, I show you evidence that it isn't true, and you immediately disparage the data by referring to the media outlet in which it was reported, without even reading it to determine the nature of the poll.

Very disappointing, Frank. I thought you were all for facts and the truth. I didn't realise you'd joined the brainless legions who just believe what they want and reject all evidence to the contrary.

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The poll was commissioned by Sky News and carried out by Opinium.

Seriously, is that your level of debate nowadays? :D You offer a proposition, I show you evidence that it isn't true, and you immediately disparage the data by referring to the media outlet in which it was reported, without even reading it to determine the nature of the poll.

Very disappointing, Frank. I thought you were all for facts and the truth. I didn't realise you'd joined the brainless legions who just believe what they want and reject all evidence to the contrary.

Opinion polls rarely reflect reality.  Much like those predicting and Independence majority.

Opinion polls rarely reflect reality.  Much like those predicting and Independence majority.

They may rarely perfectly reflect reality, but they can/do give us a good idea of the picture. Surely you can't be surprised that there is a positive correlation between unionism and support for royalty, or alternatively, between a desire for independence and for a republic.

43 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They may rarely perfectly reflect reality, but they can/do give us a good idea of the picture. Surely you can't be surprised that there is a positive correlation between unionism and support for royalty, or alternatively, between a desire for independence and for a republic.

I don't see them as the same issue at all.

Unionism is a political union and the Royal family is just symbolic.

I don't see them as the same issue at all.

Unionism is a political union and the Royal family is just symbolic.

They're not the same issue. However unionism and royalty often go hand in hand, perhaps because the royal family are viewed as one of the most important constituents of the UK brand. If you're not with the majority who follow that trend, and you're actually in favour of maintaining Scotland's place in the UK but you would like the UK to become a republic, then that's fine.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

That poll that had the UK government, Royals and Hoose jocks piss their pants into bribing the Scottish electorate with a vow. Mind that pish. The vow :rofl:oh and guaranteed EU membership. Anyway, this thread is about one of the Unions top dogs, feck all to do with Scots. You carry on.

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That poll that had the UK government, Royals and Hoose jocks piss their pants into bribing the Scottish electorate with a vow. Mind that pish. The vow :rofl:oh and guaranteed EU membership. Anyway, this thread is about one of the Unions top dogs, feck all to do with Scots. You carry on.

The same Royal Family that the king of Scotland has ruled?

Edited by frankblack

Meanwhile, there's an ITV documentary on tomorrow at 9pm - Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Paedophile - which has some witness interviews who say they believed that Randy was "in a relationship" with Maxwell in the early 2000s

I vaguely recall some tabloid headlines about that after  Randy & Sarah got divorced in the mid-90s - the usual Royal tittle-tattle about who was shagging who.  

Hopefully someone puts it on Youtube, since we're "otherwise engaged" tomorrow evening. :whistling:

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Meanwhile, there's an ITV documentary on tomorrow at 9pm - Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Paedophile - which has some witness interviews who say they believed that Randy was "in a relationship" with Maxwell in the early 2000s

I vaguely recall some tabloid headlines about that after  Randy & Sarah got divorced in the mid-90s - the usual Royal tittle-tattle about who was shagging who.  

Hopefully someone puts it on Youtube, since we're "otherwise engaged" tomorrow evening. :whistling:

I saw clips on it earlier today on the ITV news. One of randy Andys security guys saying that Maxwell would come and go as she pleased at the palace.... 

Will catch it on ITV player. 

The White Cockade
On 16/01/2022 at 19:38, frankblack said:

The same Royal Family that the king of Scotland has ruled?

The King of Scotland?

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

The King of Scotland?

For someone with your username you seem ignorant of Scotland's history or are trying to be deliberately pedantic in some obscure way nobody cares about.

https://www.rct.uk/collection/people/james-i-king-of-great-britain-1566-1625-james-vi-of-scotland-and-i-of-england#/type/subject

The White Cockade
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

For someone with your username you seem ignorant of Scotland's history or are trying to be deliberately pedantic in some obscure way nobody cares about.

https://www.rct.uk/collection/people/james-i-king-of-great-britain-1566-1625-james-vi-of-scotland-and-i-of-england#/type/subject

Thought you were talking about the House of Windsor / Saxe Coburg / Hanover 
The Stuarts were 400 years ago 

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Back to Tynecastle tonight, nice win for the JTs and this to look forward to when I get home. 

Screenshot_20220118_105838.jpg

I was reading that there are 6 or 7 John Doe's whose real names were mentioned in a 2015 defamation trial, Maxwell has stopped blocking their names being made public, it's now up to the court to decide seemingly.  I wonder if the ex-HRH is one of them, time will tell I suppose.

'Endless headlines', I'd bet there is much much more still to come out about all of this which isn't in the public domain............yet.

Met him at an Embassy function overseas. Absolute arrogant buffoon. Embassy official who had met him at the airport asked him "How was your flight, sir?" And the reply was, "None of your business". 

Brick Tamland

The sense of entitlement that people in power and with fame and fortune have is disgusting. 
I hope this beast rots in jail and is the first step of many in a downward spiral that leads to the end of the monarchy, it’s the 21st century and completely ridiculous that these incredibly wealthy scroungers still take money from us all. 

Edited by Brick Tamland
Not enough rage shown

On 18/01/2022 at 13:04, robroy1874 said:

Met him at an Embassy function overseas. Absolute arrogant buffoon. Embassy official who had met him at the airport asked him "How was your flight, sir?" And the reply was, "None of your business". 

I like to remind people of his nickname among palace staff - the ****

Maroon Sailor

Don't mind Anne - she stopped to speak to me and her shit shoveller (Naval Officer) tried to usher her on but she told him to wait until she had finished her chat 🤣

His face was a picture - can't be doing seeing Royalty speaking to riff-raff like me !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't mind Anne - she stopped to speak to me and her shit shoveller (Naval Officer) tried to usher her on but she told him to wait until she had finished her chat 🤣

His face was a picture - can't be doing seeing Royalty speaking to riff-raff like me !

She seems nice.

Plastic Scot though.....

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Twitter's great. I saw that at the weekend and there was a big number of folk replying, "I think that's Christopher Walken", without any hint of irony.

Was just reading an interview with Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, he went to school with Randy Andy.

"A ****ing *******" is the direct quote

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Was just reading an interview with Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, he went to school with Randy Andy.

"A ****ing *******" is the direct quote

I donk think they were at Lakefield college at the same time. From what I can find Andrew was there in 1978 SB was there 1981-83. 

Do you have a link to the article? Could be an interesting read

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I donk think they were at Lakefield college at the same time. From what I can find Andrew was there in 1978 SB was there 1981-83. 

Do you have a link to the article? Could be an interesting read

That was all he said about it, it was a rolling stone article iirc

Here it is, it's really about Skid Row and Bach as I say

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/skid-row-pretty-bad-boys-203138/

Just as an aside, Bach telling this story about Pantera's Phil Anselmo made me near piss myself

Edited by Smithee

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Andrew is demanding 'trial by jury'.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-demands-trial-by-jury-as-he-denies-all-virginia-giuffre-sex-assault-claims-12526085

Bit of a surprise as I really thought he'd settle out of court.

i wonder if this is a tactic to try and put pressure on the other side. inwould say if so a poor decision.

it could also be because he is so out of touch that he thinks people actually like him especially americans due to a number of them loving the royal family.

Maroon Sailor

He'll get ragdolled on the stand.

He's shit at media interviews never mind answering questions from lawyers in a court room.