Edinburgh city wide parking - phase 2

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

All designed to frustrate and wear folk down rather than provide a meaningful, integrated strategy. I see more maturity from my two sons arguing about their Pokemon cards.

Roads blocked to create traffic jams

Roads narrowed to create traffic jams

Roads unrepaired to increase damage to cars

Cycle lanes installed with nobody using them

Buses run 90% empty outside peak hours

Childish and dangerous.

totally agree.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Ribble

• Seymour M Hersh

• The Real Maroonblood

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

All designed to frustrate and wear folk down rather than provide a meaningful, integrated strategy. I see more maturity from my two sons arguing about their Pokemon cards.

Childish and dangerous.

This.

jonesy
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

totally agree.

57 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This.

The thing is, everyone wants a nice, clean, unpolluted city. The Council's actions do nothing to garner support for measures to create such conditions, and end up polarising folk between the Extinction Rebellion Lycra Warriors and the Diesel-pumping Cloggers. Painting silly wee lines all over broken bit of tarmac and planting flowers at junctions isn't a solution, it's a problem in and of itself.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Childish and dangerous.

Totally agree although I'd continually use the word congestion as opposed to traffic jams. Congestion is the word they love to throw around as a reason for all their idiocy so fire it straight back at them. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The thing is, everyone wants a nice, clean, unpolluted city. The Council's actions do nothing to garner support for measures to create such conditions, and end up polarising folk between the Extinction Rebellion Lycra Warriors and the Diesel-pumping Cloggers. Painting silly wee lines all over broken bit of tarmac and planting flowers at junctions isn't a solution, it's a problem in and of itself.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. :(

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. :(

Deportation offence? :lol:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/must-read/edinburgh-transport-chief-there-is-no-war-on-motorists-3269086

So the Spaces for People vanity project is designed to help those in Edinburgh who don't have a car (45%) get about more easily. No doubt some of the 45% will never own a car but likewise they may never own a bike or other "wheels"!

I suspect that there are more people disadvantaged by not having affordable housing and may be living in poor and expensive rented accommodation. I think the CeC charlatans should be focusing on that rather than its war on vehicles.

Remember this is the Council that helps residents park near home by introducing/extending controlled parking zones and then charges the self same residents for a parking permit! 

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/must-read/edinburgh-transport-chief-there-is-no-war-on-motorists-3269086

So the Spaces for People vanity project is designed to help those in Edinburgh who don't have a car (45%) get about more easily. No doubt some of the 45% will never own a car but likewise they may never own a bike or other "wheels"!

I suspect that there are more people disadvantaged by not having affordable housing and may be living in poor and expensive rented accommodation. I think the CeC charlatans should be focusing on that rather than its war on vehicles.

Remember this is the Council that helps residents park near home by introducing/extending controlled parking zones and then charges the self same residents for a parking permit! 

Stuart I won’t bother clicking the link as it’ll be the usual BS.

Your summary will suffice.

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stuart I won’t bother clicking the link as it’ll be the usual BS.

Your summary will suffice.

Remember the whole thing was brought in for Covid and now it apparently isn't.

The people of Edinburgh need to wake up and vote out this council based on local issues not national politics.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The people of Edinburgh need to wake up and vote out this council based on local issues not national politics.

:spoton:

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Thats why I will vote Tory as all the other parties agree with the madness and the clowns running the city .

Can't ever see me voting in national elections as they're all wankers 

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Thats why I will vote Tory as all the other parties agree with the madness and the clowns running the city .

Can't ever see me voting in national elections as they're all wankers 

You’re wasting your time. They just shuffle the deckchairs and flip flop between Labour/SNP and SNP/Labour coalitions.

Thats how they keep their jobs, allowances and expenses receipts.

Famous 1874

Spaces for people will be punted following a report that is going to be released on the 17th of June. Millions wasted on a ridiculous project that was not wanted / never going to work in Edinburgh. 

Apparently the amount of negative feedback following numerous accidents has been incredible. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Exactly. 

8 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Ha! That's both my cars banned from the city. The irony, of course, is that in order to get to the other side of the city I'll be forced to drive further, thus polluting more. Perhaps if the council stopped trying to create congestion by reducing the number of lanes and lengthening the time of traffic signals staying on red, cars would be sat idling for shorter times.

Stuart Lyon
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ha! That's both my cars banned from the city. The irony, of course, is that in order to get to the other side of the city I'll be forced to drive further, thus polluting more. Perhaps if the council stopped trying to create congestion by reducing the number of lanes and lengthening the time of traffic signals staying on red, cars would be sat idling for shorter times.

Exactly! Longer journeys by the cars they say are the most polluting is just going to add to the problem but that suits them because they then extend the LEZ and identify newer cars as targets. A vicious circle.

Stuart Lyon
Just now, Stuart Lyon said:

Exactly! Longer journeys by the cars they say are the most polluting is just going to add to the problem but that suits them because they then extend the LEZ and identify newer cars as targets. A vicious circle.

Maybe its time vehicle drivers did a version of Pedal on Parliament!

Seymour M Hersh
44 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

They are that thick and fanatical they still don't realise that the very anti-car measures they impose from 20mph limits to the narrowing of roads with their cycle lanes and space for people shit only mange to increase the pollution as traffic is slowed to a crawl all over town. 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They are that thick and fanatical they still don't realise that the very anti-car measures they impose from 20mph limits to the narrowing of roads with their cycle lanes and space for people shit only mange to increase the pollution as traffic is slowed to a crawl all over town. 

They're not thick. They're devious *******s with a long term plan.

15 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

We'd probably get a few crusty extinction rebellion types acting as ad-hoc speed bumps, Stuart.

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They're not thick. They're devious *******s with a long term plan.

They are indeed devious Jones I totally agree but they're also thick as mince. 

3fingersreid

I have no idea as to how much has been spent on the new cycle lanes, the signage , the wooden flower boxes and anything else that’s been spent on it , but I’d rather it had gone towards keeping these places open .

Priorities all wrong 😡😡😡

F1926A37-DA4A-462E-9348-A1A1C4074719.jpeg

hmfc_steve
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Spaces for people will be punted following a report that is going to be released on the 17th of June. Millions wasted on a ridiculous project that was not wanted / never going to work in Edinburgh. 

Apparently the amount of negative feedback following numerous accidents has been incredible. 

So long as they put it all back to how it was ... and who pays for that !

Kennedy Bakircioglu
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I don't get your hatred towards the scheme. Why do you need to drive everywhere and anywhere in Edinburgh? 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

My car would be too, yet cars a year newer with higher emissions will be allowed to travel freely across the city!?

I’d actually accept plans for a LEZ if it was purely emissions based, my car is a 2014 diesel yet I only pay £30 a year VED due to the relatively low emissions.

4 minutes ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

I don't get your hatred towards the scheme. Why do you need to drive everywhere and anywhere in Edinburgh? 

The hatred isn’t about needing to drive everywhere, it’s about the piss poor implementation meaning that when you need to drive anywhere in the city the journey is much longer than it needs to be and in turn creates more pollution!

That’s before mentioning the parts that are plain and simply dangerous!

Edited by Ribble
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The hatred isn’t about needing to drive everywhere, it’s about the piss poor implementation meaning that when you need to drive anywhere in the city the journey is much longer than it needs to be and in turn creates more pollution!

That’s before mentioning the parts that are plain and simply dangerous!

That and the (dons cycling helmet) ****ing useless cycle lanes with bigger craters in them than you find on the moon and a necessity to weave in and out of car and pedestrian areas that is much worse than before. 

Edited by Zico
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

My car would be too, yet cars a year newer with higher emissions will be allowed to travel freely across the city!?

I’d actually accept plans for a LEZ if it was purely emissions based, my car is a 2014 diesel yet I only pay £30 a year VED due to the relatively low emissions.

Ditto.

One assumes the anti-car brigade refuse to accept deliveries from companies that use diesel vans, yeah?

Traffic in Edinburgh actually works, for the most part, surprisingly okay. They just need to stop pissing about with it.

35 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ditto.

One assumes the anti-car brigade refuse to accept deliveries from companies that use diesel vans, yeah?

Traffic in Edinburgh actually works, for the most part, surprisingly okay. They just need to stop pissing about with it.

Yup, looking at the rules it means I could drive a 2004 Mercedes ML370 with a 3.7 litre petrol engine that spews out 338g/km but not my 2014 bmw 316d that has emissions of 118g/km!