Edinburgh city wide parking - phase 2

Devorgilla

Queensferry road hasn't coped well with the changes since restrictions were eased.

I'm sure CEC won't believe it has anything to do with reducing the number of lanes though.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Ribble

• Seymour M Hersh

• The Real Maroonblood

Maroon Sailor

If you read anything on these measures the CEC have spoken with residents and local businesses so they must have had no objections.

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's just a horrible road now. God help any emergency vehicle getting through if traffic on both sides of the road are snarled up

It is.   It’s torture now, esp on a Friday or rush hour.  A bus pulled in at the bus stop near the wee shops just off the main road and the traffic backed up all the way back to the lights at Tesco.  

It’s because cars coming the other way can’t move a little wider to let any cars wanting to come out from behind the bus. It’s too tight now because of the shitey bollards and bike lane that hardly gets used.

been here before

Getting back to parking, these ignorant selfish wankers who park on pavements really boil my pish. 

Was looking forward to seeing a fair few fines dished out when the new law came in but sadly its being delayed a couple of years...

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/pavement-parking-ban-delay-in-scotland-to-2023-angers-campaigners-3219838

Back to keying the ***** for a while yet.

iantjambo
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Getting back to parking, these ignorant selfish wankers who park on pavements really boil my pish. 

Was looking forward to seeing a fair few fines dished out when the new law came in but sadly its being delayed a couple of years...

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/pavement-parking-ban-delay-in-scotland-to-2023-angers-campaigners-3219838

I’ve only been driving for 2 years. In that time I’ve made it a point never to park on the pavement as I know how much it used to infuriate me.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

It happens all the time next to my house as there are 2 takeaways on either side of the road. There are also a lot of people in that area with kids and buggies, not to mention the older people and wheelchair users. And parked so far into the pavement that even able bodied people have to turn sideways to get past them. I had a run in with a van driver a while back who’d parked so close to my front gate I couldn’t get out of my own front garden. 

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If you read anything on these measures the CEC have spoken with residents and local businesses so they must have had no objections.

No they haven't they hide a consultation document on their website. If you find it making sense of the gibberish is nye on impossible. According to another poster it probably the main reason they only get an average of 1% responding therefore giving them, in their warped and twisted minds, a mandate for screwing up the roads in the city. 

Spellczech
9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No they haven't they hide a consultation document on their website. If you find it making sense of the gibberish is nye on impossible. According to another poster it probably the main reason they only get an average of 1% responding therefore giving them, in their warped and twisted minds, a mandate for screwing up the roads in the city. 

They didn't consult on this stuff - they took advantage of the roads being quiet to start doing it rather than repair all the millions of potholes and dodgy repairs by utility companies that seem to be aimed at forcing people to drive at 15 mph just to protect their cars. Some of the roads I drive regularly are just unbelievable - Slateford Road around Jashans, Craighouse Gdns and Balcarries Street...They were "consulting" on it after the fact via feedback. The link was posted earlier on this thread.

manaliveits105
19 hours ago, buzz said:

Interesting that the cyclists are all cycling quite slowly and dressed in everyday clothes. Not like the Tour de France guys here, going at 30mph

The plastic Mark Cavendish brigade look ridiculous and actually look angry when cars pass them and try and catch up for some macho satisfaction - strange lot.

men over 40 should be banned from wearing lycra (and women over 50sh)

Stuart Lyon
17 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You want to see what they’ve done at Braid Avenue and the surrounding streets. I have yet to meet anyone who isn’t a total idiot that works for the council. 

I know what you are talking about as I live near there and experienced the nonsensical road layout trying to get to Comiston Road. All they are doing is forcing more cars into Comiston Rd and increasing pollution there outside South Morningside Primary!

been here before
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The plastic Mark Cavendish brigade look ridiculous and actually look angry when cars pass them and try and catch up for some macho satisfaction - strange lot.

men over 40 should be banned from wearing lycra (and women over 50sh)

A grown man getting upset over what other grown men are wearing to the extent he wants it banned, but other people are strange.

:rofl:

Any views on what van driving males should wear? Or taxi drivers, car drivers...

or is it just the sweaty, macho lycra clad males over 40 that get you all hot and bothered?

Edited by been here before

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

They didn't consult on this stuff - they took advantage of the roads being quiet to start doing it rather than repair all the millions of potholes and dodgy repairs by utility companies that seem to be aimed at forcing people to drive at 15 mph just to protect their cars. Some of the roads I drive regularly are just unbelievable - Slateford Road around Jashans, Craighouse Gdns and Balcarries Street...They were "consulting" on it after the fact via feedback. The link was posted earlier on this thread.

Either way they are just doing whatever they ****ing well please without any regard for the people of the city they supposedly "serve".  No doubt they'd tell you the consultation document was there all along. Just a bunch of shitehouses.

Nucky Thompson
16 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I know a few folk that were raging because they started the work  in their area 3 days before the consultation period ended :lol:

In other words, they were going to do it anyway no matter what

Nucky Thompson

Also that car park, the Sheriffhall roundabout is back to it's worst now restrictions are lifted

The SNP shelved the plans for the flyover to keep the Greens happy, because sitting idling in a huge line of traffic for 30 minutes is good for the environment :vrface:

Harry Potter
18 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Wait until the tourists use the roads 😀

Had an American in my garage a wee while back, its a challenge driving here he said, aye big challenge for us living here bud, as for now😧, nightmare.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Also that car park, the Sheriffhall roundabout is back to it's worst now restrictions are lifted

The SNP shelved the plans for the flyover to keep the Greens happy, because sitting idling in a huge line of traffic for 30 minutes is good for the environment :vrface:

Please tell me they haven’t cancelled plans for the flyover 😱

Nucky Thompson
35 minutes ago, theshed said:

Please tell me they haven’t cancelled plans for the flyover 😱

Not officially cancelled, but they are on hold at the request of the Greens.

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Hopefully this is given the go ahead as traffic there is a shambles even on a Friday early afternoon the tailbacks are ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

or as it was put, is undergoing a review

Shanks said no

Noticed one of those ridiculous palletlike planters had appeared on Broomhall Drive. Will take a snap when I go to vote on Friday.

7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Hopefully this is given the go ahead as traffic there is a shambles even on a Friday early afternoon the tailbacks are ridiculous.

Last frid I was heading west and coming from Musselburgh. 
Just as I went to head onto the bypass I noticed it was tailed back to nearly the services at Musselburgh so I just kept going round the roundabout and headed home as trip wasn’t important 

Its only going to get worse  

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

or as it was put, is undergoing a review

Aye, a never ending review :biggrin2:

It's only taking place because of behind closed doors deals between SNP ministers and the Greens at the budget.

Edinburgh getting shafted again

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

Last frid I was heading west and coming from Musselburgh. 
Just as I went to head onto the bypass I noticed it was tailed back to nearly the services at Musselburgh so I just kept going round the roundabout and headed home as trip wasn’t important 

Its only going to get worse  

Heading West was tailed back to the A1 again on Monday afternoon.

I ended up doing a detour through Dalkeith and joining the bypass at Gilmerton 

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, a never ending review :biggrin2:

It's only taking place because of behind closed doors deals between SNP ministers and the Greens at the budget.

Edinburgh getting shafted again

they claim there has been a number of objections, no doubt from green msps

been here before
51 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Noticed one of those ridiculous palletlike planters had appeared on Broomhall Drive. Will take a snap when I go to vote on Friday.

Be better doing it on Thursday when the rest of us will also be voting.

Shanks said no
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

Be better doing it on Thursday when the rest of us will also be voting.

A point very well made

:banghead2:

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I hadn't realised these shit for brains had done that. Effing clowns. 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Heading West was tailed back to the A1 again on Monday afternoon.

I ended up doing a detour through Dalkeith and joining the bypass at Gilmerton 

And Sunday mid morning. 

I nipped out to Wallyford for a couple of last minute Sunday barbie kegs for the PD. Took an age to get home.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The bypass needs a bypass.  It's absolutely chronic, and the most hated part of any journey that involves going on it.  

The flyover at Sheriffhall would only be a sticking plaster, the whole thing needs nuked and started again.  3 lanes, minimum.

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The bypass needs a bypass.  It's absolutely chronic, and the most hated part of any journey that involves going on it.  

The flyover at Sheriffhall would only be a sticking plaster, the whole thing needs nuked and started again.  3 lanes, minimum.

3 lanes from Glasgow all the way down to Carlisle.

The A1 is not even dual carriageway all the way to Berwick. 

Edinburgh and the Lothians are an afterthought to the SG 

I agree about the flyover, the congestion would only move along to the A1 junction

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

3 lanes from Glasgow all the way down to Carlisle.

The A1 is not even dual carriageway all the way to Berwick. 

Edinburgh and the Lothians are an afterthought to the SG 

I agree about the flyover, the congestion would only move along to the A1 junction

Shameful.

Shanks said no

Noticed tonight that we have now invested in lovely green Welcome to Corstorphine Space for People signs. Saw one on the corner of Station Rd / St John’s Rd.

Fixed to a lamppost, thought it was an election sign. 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I guess the thing about the bypass was that when it was built, it was for bypassing the city. Now it's a road for getting to retail parks and expanding housing, as well as bypassing the city!

Feck knows what the answer is tbh

Howdy Doody Jambo
8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTAF?

image.png.d818e0b7bec4baa33c049d9e31b8e110.png

image.png.8415c5f8132e70e6a27e40c2925e96ea.png

Are they on drugs? Whoever designs the road layout and whoever signs these plans off really need to be tested 

been here before
16 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTAF?

Thats is brilliant in its insanity.

How many people does that pass through without someone going 'hold on a wee minute, Ive been looking at this....'

Surely even the boy finally painting that on the road must have thought 'Im going to need to check this'

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson

I'm seriously thinking of moving out of Edinburgh.

Fecking lunatics running the City

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm seriously thinking of moving out of Edinburgh.

Fecking lunatics running the City

Same here, flat up for sale and getting away from this madness

Howdy Doody Jambo

This is what our council tax is being used for, painting white person's on the road along with thousands of plastic bollards obstructing everybody and everything going about their daily business 

It's not just Edinburgh though it's every other city in the UK all in the name of Covid anti social distancing procedures 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Fishnchips
16 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTAF?

I drove past this earlier today.

In the first photo they’ve now put down red and white plastic barriers on the white line to the right of the dead body. This means that instead of walking on the pavement and having some protection from the railings you can now walk on the road beside barriers which offer less protection.

Unsurprisingly this has resulted in the approaches to the roundabout being reduced to single lanes in line with the council’s anti-motorist strategy.

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

This is what our council tax is being used for, painting white person's on the road along with thousands of plastic bollards obstructing everybody and everything going about their daily business 

It's not just Edinburgh though it's every other city in the UK all in the name of Covid anti social distancing procedures 

Actually I think the money they're wasting is from Westminster as extra funds due to CoVid. 

27 minutes ago, Fishnchips said:

I drove past this earlier today.

In the first photo they’ve now put down red and white plastic barriers on the white line to the right of the dead body. This means that instead of walking on the pavement and having some protection from the railings you can now walk on the road beside barriers which offer less protection.

Unsurprisingly this has resulted in the approaches to the roundabout being reduced to single lanes in line with the council’s anti-motorist strategy.

Looking at the markings over by the roundabout, it looks like they've cut the actual roundabout to a single lane.  

Fishnchips
10 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Looking at the markings over by the roundabout, it looks like they've cut the actual roundabout to a single lane.  

They have, though just like the one at the bottom of Orchard Brae some folk will probably continue to drive around it as they did before. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
31 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually I think the money they're wasting is from Westminster as extra funds due to CoVid. 

I think you're right that Doris is paying for it 

Harry Potter
On 04/05/2021 at 18:21, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hadn't realised these shit for brains had done that. Effing clowns. 

Driving back from my holiday in Whitby 200 miles, 4 hours of no traffic, even Newcastle was a breeze past, get to Edinburgh, sherriffhall, big tailback , nightmare of a roundabout.

Stuart Lyon

Just back from Glasgow and took the Dreghorn exit from the bypass. Through Oxgangs and Greenbank Crescent to go to Hermitage Drive. Get to the lights at the Comiston Rd junction to be faced with a  "local access only"sign in Hermitage Drive which was previously accessible to all very recently. I then had to navigate the myriad of ridiculous and confusing road layout changes to get to Midmar Avenue! It would be interesting to hear from the locals what they think of all this nonsense! The CeC are a bunch pop charlatans using Covid powers to advance their anti-vehicle policy!

Shanks said no

Results from the Get Edinburgh Moving - Traffic survey results, have been posted through doors in Corstorphine / Gyle / East Craigs this morning.

This is a NON Council survey and makes very interesting reading. 1,621 households participated, over a third of us who got the survey completed it, the Council survey only had 768 individual responses (not households)

I can't scan right now but here are some snippets off twitter.

davemclaren
On 03/05/2021 at 14:42, Des Lynam said:

You want to see what they’ve done at Braid Avenue and the surrounding streets. I have yet to meet anyone who isn’t a total idiot that works for the council. 

Got caught in that a week ago. Thought I would never get out.