• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Ribble

• Seymour M Hersh

• The Real Maroonblood

3fingersreid

Was the accident on Corstorphine High street in anyway connected to the give way that’s now appeared on the bend just before the Corrie Inn ? 

Hopefully no one was injured .

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'm thinking what it would be like when a passenger gets out a taxi which has had to park on the outside of a cycle lane.  They are not going to check for cyclists when they open the door

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm thinking what it would be like when a passenger gets out a taxi which has had to park on the outside of a cycle lane.  They are not going to check for cyclists when they open the door

I get they want to increase safety but by not conversing with other road users , certainly not in the way of their on line surveys, they’ve made it more dangerous , did they talk to the taxi trade, Lothian buses, haulage companies etc ? I’d very much doubt it 

Maroon Sailor
55 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I get they want to increase safety but by not conversing with other road users , certainly not in the way of their on line surveys, they’ve made it more dangerous , did they talk to the taxi trade, Lothian buses, haulage companies etc ? I’d very much doubt it 

Delivery drivers as well, they've got no place to park in some areas without blocking the road

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Was the accident on Corstorphine High street in anyway connected to the give way that’s now appeared on the bend just before the Corrie Inn ? 

Denial 

We've received an update from the Community Policing Team at Corstorphine Police Station re: today's Corstorphine High St accident: "Road traffic offences are being investigated at this time regarding the collision. The incident was not caused by the Spaces for People measures."

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Denial 

We've received an update from the Community Policing Team at Corstorphine Police Station re: today's Corstorphine High St accident: "Road traffic offences are being investigated at this time regarding the collision. The incident was not caused by the Spaces for People measures."

That was quick police work , wish it was as quick with other incidents .

Assuming its correct of course 😉

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Where’s that? 

Can’t wait for angry cyclist, to boot their ski poles out there hand for using the cycle lane.

Silverknowes Road

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Hoped your ran them over👍

You can't drive on that road now

9 minutes ago, LMc said:

Edinburgh Cyclist clearly Googles himself and I am not in the least bit surprised. 

I don't think the new poster Edinburgh Cyclist is the knobhead from those YouTube videos.

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, LMc said:

Edinburgh Cyclist clearly Googles himself and I am not in the least bit surprised. 

Certainly a legend in his own lunchtime 

On 07/04/2021 at 00:01, Edinburgh Cyclist said:

If you bothered to watch the video, you'd see all I did was shake my head at the parking. Everyone else on that road has no problem parking inside the lines, but this car is parked in the cycle lane (to varying degrees) every single time.

The judder at 0:02 is me getting off my bike and walking up the pavement. I don't cycle on the pavement.

I'd love to see someone try.

I never admitted doing damage, I admitted pushing the mirror in. I reported him to the police, FYI - they attended and told him to move the car. I'm a higher-rate tax payer, and late year I paid around £45,000 in tax, yes. The disabled child has nothing at all to do with anything here - how can that guy have no problem moving the wheelchair down the stairs from the house (which has no stairlift, FYI), and across the pavement, but struggles those last 1.5 metres over the cycle lane?

Maybe if idiots like this didn't try to drive into me, I wouldn't touch their precious cars.

Because I'm not doing any damage. I didn't go near the wing mirror, I was demonstrating that the pass was less than an arms length, so I could report it to the police (Who wouldn't take any action because I told him to get off his phone, as I say in the video comments)

They say "You're parked like an idiot." I was given them as a Christmas present years ago (those videos themselves are several years old), they're joke parking tickets - they say something like "Penalty charge notice" on the front and are blank on the back - so I added my own messsage.

I'm perfectly happy to explain anything else in any of my videos, and if I've done something wrong then I'm happy to admit and apologise (For instance, in some of my earlier videos, I cycle through on a red/amber light instead of waiting for green - mea culpa). But let's not post anything here threatening to "give [me] a kicking" or anything else that the police would consider a threat, eh? Trust me, this isn't my first rodeo, I've had more than one person charged for making similar threats.

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

:interehjrling:

So a thread on a Hearts football forum shows up criticising "you" and suddenly "you" appear, with 1 post in total, to defend "yourself".

Clearly someone at the windup creating a new account.

In the unlikely event that this is a real account, your road awareness from those videos is shocking.  You never check what's happening around you, you pass cars on the wrong side and through their blind spots, and and you generally act like an entitled tit.  You get so irate and worked up, getting so caught up in your moral brigade against those who have wronged you, that you cease paying the small bit of attention to the World around you that you originally were and then you start wildly going all over the place.  You will end up getting hit by a car because you don't have the sense to understand the simple fact that "cars are bigger than you" and just because you might technically be in the right in terms of Right of Way, you ride in such an aggressive way that you might just not be seen by drivers - such as "undertaking" a car on the left hand side that might not see you, and attempt to turn left whilst you are in their blind spot.

Regardless of what you think you're doing hitting cars, you don't have the right to touch someone else's property, and you would be the first to cause a scene if anyone dare touched your equipment or your bike.

Grow up, and wise up.

3fingersreid

I’m guessing Edinburgh “hard man” Cyclist is a celtic man 

always the victim

its never his fault 

Jeffros Furios

If you bothered to watch the video, you'd see all I did was shake my head at the parking. Everyone else on that road has no problem parking inside the lines, but this car is parked in the cycle lane (to varying degrees) every single time.

The judder at 0:02 is me getting off my bike and walking up the pavement. I don't cycle on the pavement.

I never admitted doing damage, I admitted pushing the mirror in. I reported him to the police, FYI - they attended and told him to move the car. I'm a higher-rate tax payer, and late year I paid around £45,000 in tax, yes. The disabled child has nothing at all to do with anything here - how can that guy have no problem moving the wheelchair down the stairs from the house (which has no stairlift, FYI), and across the pavement, but struggles those last 1.5 metres over the cycle lane?

Maybe if idiots like this didn't try to drive into me, I wouldn't touch their precious cars.

Because I'm not doing any damage. I didn't go near the wing mirror, I was demonstrating that the pass was less than an arms length, so I could report it to the police (Who wouldn't take any action because I told him to get off his phone, as I say in the video comments)

They say "You're parked like an idiot." I was given them as a Christmas present years ago (those videos themselves are several years old), they're joke parking tickets - they say something like "Penalty charge notice" on the front and are blank on the back - so I added my own messsage.

I'm perfectly happy to explain anything else in any of my videos, and if I've done something wrong then I'm happy to admit and apologise (For instance, in some of my earlier videos, I cycle through on a red/amber light instead of waiting for green - mea culpa). But let's not post anything here threatening to "give [me] a kicking" or anything else that the police would consider a threat, eh? Trust me, this isn't my first rodeo, I've had more than one person charged for making similar threats.

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

McCabe 

Unknown user
5 hours ago, pablo said:

I don't think the new poster Edinburgh Cyclist is the knobhead from those YouTube videos.

Maybe, maybe not. The boy in the videos is an utter bellend though, and that's from someone who cycled pretty much every day for 10 years.

He could be out there cycling courteously and defensively, understanding that no one's perfect - he expects to be forgiven easily for going through a red after all.

Instead he's aggressive, looking for trouble and acting the **** when he finds it because he feels justified in his self righteous indignation. 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe, maybe not. The boy in the videos is an utter bellend though, and that's from someone who cycled pretty much every day for 10 years.

He could be out there cycling courteously and defensively, understanding that no one's perfect - he expects to be forgiven easily for going through a red after all.

Instead he's aggressive, looking for trouble and acting the **** when he finds it because he feels justified in his self righteous indignation. 

Pretty good summing up

Still find it bizarre that he has made it on here to post. Something fishy about it

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

As a matter of interest, you cycle much here or just when in Netherlands? Always strikes me as a much better environment to cycle in, not least cause its pretty flat unlike here. Whilst, they seemed to have a much better infrastructure even outside the main cities.

The first couple of years after I came back I cycled on my commute and was out and about as much as I could, it's a very different experience.

Apart from all the bike lanes and infrastructure, all the drivers in Holland grew up on bikes and allow all the time and space in the world as a general rule, they don't grudge or hate cyclists.

Here it can be a nightmare but you need to understand the road and be a grown up. If I ever found I was causing a queue I'd just pull in and stop on the pavement to let traffic past then get going again. For me cyclists need to understand they're by far the most vulnerable thing on the road and act ultra defensively. They're also cycling in a country with crap infrastructure for this stuff, so although it's legal, going at 20 in a 60 and causing queues is just selfish prickery (I see a lot of that where I am), as is the type of militant grumpiness this guy displays.

Governor Tarkin
On 06/04/2021 at 23:01, Edinburgh Cyclist said:

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

You've got some balls fighting the good fight the way that you do mate. 👍

Keep up the good work and lets keep our fingers crossed that nobody kicks **** out of you. 🤞

Kennedy Bakircioglu
On 05/04/2021 at 22:12, tian447 said:

I ****ing hate cyclists like him.

I love getting out on my bike at the weekend, and do a lot of cycling on the roads.  Not only do I make sure my bike is lit up like Blackpool so that others can see me, I am constantly looking to see what is going on around me.  In towns, I stay over to the side, and queue in traffic instead of trying to weave past them to get to the front, especially at traffic lights.  I never pass anyone on their left hand side because they are not going to be expecting someone to overtake on that side.  If I'm out on country roads, and see a car is coming up behind me, if the road ahead is potentially dangerous for both of us such as a blind corner, I'll just stop at the side and let the car past so they don't have to pull wide round something they can't see.  If I'm moving at speed (downhill for example), and the car is choosing to stay behind, as I can see around the corner before them, I'll give them a wave if it's clear and safe for them to go.  If a car is pulling out of a junction ahead of me, I make absolutely sure they've seen me, and slow down if I even suspect they are about to pull out across me.  I'm not doing the Tour de France, so I don't need to shave precious seconds off my route, so getting out of the way of something much bigger and more dangerous than myself is just a no-brainer.  Whenever I am about to do something like let a car through, I'll clearly signal what I am about to do, and move out of the way, and you know what?  99% of drivers give you a wave or a thumbs-up because they appreciate you not acting like a dickhead, and more importantly, I don't get run over and killed by a 2 tonne hunk of metal and plastic.

That being said, drivers need to remember the bit above as well.  In the event of car vs bicycle, it's a no-brainer which one is going to win.  Give cyclists plenty of space, and if you have to temporarily slow down behind a cyclist for a few seconds, then so what?  You can easily wait 10 seconds until it's clear to get past, and then accelerate back up to speed, without going within inches of knocking someone off their bike.  Being 30 seconds quicker getting to ASDA or home after work is not worth accidentally killing someone over.  Oh, and STAY OFF YOUR ****ING PHONES WHEN DRIVING.  Don't even look at it.  The same goes for arsehole cyclists that are holding their phone in one hand whilst cycling on a road holding the handlebars with the other.  **** off.

Tits like the guy in the videos above seem to forget that whilst they might be morally and legally in the right, or have right of way, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea to just blindly accept that or even assume that your average driver is even slightly paying attention.  He's the sort of dickhead that's more likely to cause an accident by showing just how right he is, or get smooshed by a bus and his wee head-shake of the camera won't save him then.  So what if someone has parked 6mm over the white line, it's not causing you any harm.  Just shut the **** up and get on with getting to where you need to be.

Cyclists like him are the reason that drivers hate cyclists - and I say that as both a driver and a cyclist.

This is a superb post.

I'm a cyclist and I respect cyclists who use their cameras to limit phone use of drivers (though I don't do it myself) but this Edinburgh Cyclist actively searches trouble and picks on unaware drivers, often sneaking up on them. Karma will one day catch up with him. 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It actually crossed my mind, you might be you amusing yourself on the ship. Though, didn’t think your style. Thought it might have been your stalker:muggy:

I don't have the energy for such an elaborate ruse at this stage of the game, LBJ, but wouldn't rule it out under the right circumstances.

Whatever happened to that guy anyway?

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

:gok:

If that really is you, thanks for the laughs. Petty doesn't come close! 

:gok:

Stuart Lyon

A weekend in Amsterdam demonstrated to me that pedestrians are third class citizens behind cars and the dominant bikes!

William H. Bonney
26 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

A weekend in Amsterdam demonstrated to me that pedestrians are third class citizens behind cars and the dominant bikes!

never attempt to cross a road in Amsterdam whilst stoned and on mushrooms. 

Maroon Sailor
37 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Don't forget the roller skiers - the look at us brigade

Stuart Lyon

Jus witnessed a middle-age lady cyclist turn right at the end of Gilmore Place forcing an oncoming vehicle (who had the right of way) to stop as she made her turn.

Stupid cow!

Shanks said no

New bus lane has appeared on the road between Gogar and Newbridge roundabouts. Sure it wasn’t there a week ago! 

Will be interesting to see what it does to traffic as businesses open up. 

Maroon Sailor
54 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Jus witnessed a middle-age lady cyclist turn right at the end of Gilmore Place forcing an oncoming vehicle (who had the right of way) to stop as she made her turn.

Stupid cow!

Nearly got hit by a deliveroo cyclist on Princes Street at Frederick Street.

A bus was stopped at the lights. I waited for the Green man and this guy came through past the bus and nearly clattered in to me - he swerved, cut inside and went on to the pavement and continued cycling !

luckyBatistuta
On 08/04/2021 at 15:51, Lord BJ said:

:pleasing:

You’ve admitted on videos to putting wing mirrors in, so lets not pretend you don’t  You do so at speed, at have no idea if you do damage or not. You don’t check for damage, as a video of yours shows, and have no regard for others property. Thats vandalism. 

You hit moving cars, which is dangerous. Frankly the reason your having so many issues it’s because you are terrible cyclists.🤷🏻‍♂️ Its a bit like an arsehole wondering why they get in fights all the time. 

So your more a entitled dangerous vandal than a Edinburgh cyclist.  

Unfortunately, I don’t think your the guy from the videos. I struggle to believe anyone would be that triggered to join a website, to try and justify that nonsense. Though the guy on the video is clearly the type who gets triggered in every aspect in their daily life. So who knows🤷🏻‍♂️

:sob:

It wouldn’t surprise me that it is actually him. He’s obviously an attention seeker, who isn’t quite right in the head.

19 hours ago, Smithee said:

Pretty much sums it up Smithee

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

Oh, someone will. Look forward to reading about it in the news. Maybe even buy the guy a drink.

Someone bought them for him as a Christmas present years ago....even his own friends and family know he’s a spangle🤣

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I lived outside the city but worked in Rembrandtplein for a few years so had to do the daily cycle to and from Centraal as part of my commute.

You're right, Amsterdam belongs to the bikes, it's a truly great experience one you get used to dealing with it. I used to absolutely love smoking a joint on my bike through the red light on the way home!

On 08/04/2021 at 08:36, 3fingersreid said:

Heard last night that 2 people are getting done for drink driving. She was on his lap doing the steering, he was doing the peddles. She broke several ribs and he tried to do a runner but was caught later 😂

3fingersreid
35 minutes ago, mutley said:

Heard last night that 2 people are getting done for drink driving. She was on his lap doing the steering, he was doing the peddles. She broke several ribs and he tried to do a runner but was caught later 😂

😂😂😂, I still blame the road lay out 😉

been here before
45 minutes ago, mutley said:

Im going to put my camera on my bike helmet, go out and cycle past it shaking my head.

Ill post the video later.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im going to put my camera on my bike helmet, go out and cycle past it shaking my head.

😂😂

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Thanks for the warning.

• 3 weeks later...
Jeffros Furios

Edinburgh Cyclist is a poor man's Cycling Mikey.

been here before
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Decides not to use the cycle lane

Its not compulsory to use cycle lanes. Theres a few bits of lanes around the town I dont use as I think theyre poorly designed or unsafe.

kawasakijambo

Selfish cyclists, got their own lane, but use the Queens highway.

Dagger Is Back

Spaces for people?

This has appeared at a junction on a main road near Juniper Green PS. There are more across the city.

What arsehole is employed at the council and at what cost, to come up with 💩 like this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-residents-fume-after-council-20494464.amp

35 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Spaces for people?

This has appeared at a junction on a main road near Juniper Green PS. There are more across the city.

What arsehole is employed at the council and at what cost, to come up with 💩 like this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-residents-fume-after-council-20494464.amp

Slapping a massive planter out on the road in a T-junction  :vrface: Incredible.

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Slapping a massive planter out on the road in a T-junction  :vrface: Incredible.

Walked past it today with the dog and it’s bleeding massive. Takes up half of the road. No signage but they’ve put 4 bollards around it to help folks see it in the dark.

EC are trolling surely?

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Walked past it today with the dog and it’s bleeding massive. Takes up half of the road. No signage but they’ve put 4 bollards around it to help folks see it in the dark.

EC are trolling surely?

This is only going to end up with a fatality which will result in either a public enquiry or criminal charges being brought against ECC 

Maroon Sailor
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm surprised Cycling Mikey still has all his teeth. 

Who is he ? Some kind of vigilante ?

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sort of. He stands at Gandalf Corner in London and leaps out at motorists going the wrong way around a traffic island to avoid queuing.

He also shops folk on their mobiles.

They all get reported to the Vernon Sollas.

Check him out on YouTube. 

Like it and chored. Admittedly, I didn't have the faintest idea who he was before I Googled him.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sort of. He stands at Gandalf Corner in London and leaps out at motorists going the wrong way around a traffic island to avoid queuing.

He also shops folk on their mobiles.

They all get reported to the Vernon Sollas.

Check him out on YouTube. 

He needs to get a life that twat

Sounds like he's a South African - so that's not bloody surprising man

William H. Bonney

Surely a camera positioned there to capture all those who break the law would be easier than a South African, who frankly, nobody wants.