Edinburgh city wide parking - phase 2

Devorgilla

3fingersreid
29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He likes to have his say with taxi drivers as well.

Another cyclist got lamped by a taxi driver on Regent Road (bit of aggro that started half way along Princes Street) for basically acting like a cock as well.

He parked his taxi, got out and smacked him one !

I know of that guy ( the cabbie) what the cyclist didn’t show was him hitting the cab earlier in the argument .

Have you any idea what the card says he puts on the vehicles ? 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Ribble

• Seymour M Hersh

• The Real Maroonblood

Stuart Lyon
15 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

It was announced the other day that Sunday parking charges in the city centre will be introduced later this month by ECC.

Fecking shysters!

Claiming that EH is now a 7 day city (heard that before) but no improvements to weaken bus services. Not expecting working week schedule but certainly increased frequency.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I don't but the tone of it will be arrogant. He hands them out to taxi drivers outside the Balmoral for parking on DYL.

3fingersreid
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't but the tone of it will be arrogant. He hands them out to taxi drivers outside the Balmoral for parking on DYL.

He’ll eventually hand one out to the wrong person one day , cabbie or otherwise . By all means make the point but putting a note on a window might see a red mist descend 

11 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

He’ll eventually hand one out to the wrong person one day , cabbie or otherwise . By all means make the point but putting a note on a window might see a red mist descend 

I'd pay good money to see the helmet cam footage of him taking a good kicking one day.

What a prick.

23 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

I drove both ways through Longstone today.

Absolute disaster and if it wasn't so dangerous it would be Comical.

Who signs off stuff like that?

Have to agree I live in longstone this is a disaster waiting to happen,drove down to see what the fuss was my opinion somebody will die due to incompetence 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

I'd pay good money to see the helmet cam footage of him taking a good kicking one day.

What a prick.

Quite happy to clothesline the **** when he's going full pelt down Lanark Road

14 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Looks like one of the council "Polite warning" leaflets. My neighbour contacted the council as they no longer have the lollypop person that used to ensure kids got across safely at a blind corner a block from a primary school. There's six of the communal street bins on the corner and between them and a massive problem with double parking, it's an accident waiting to happen. The council response was to give her a bundle of leaflets to stick on cars and that as there hadn't been anyone taken to hospital in an ambulance, it wasn't deemed an issue. The leaflets are designed to make them look like it says  police warning and basically say if you do it again the council will fine you, which of course they won't as they're not actually interested.

ArcticJambo
3 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

What a prick.

:sweeet:

luckyBatistuta
On 02/04/2021 at 21:38, Janbo1874 said:

I drove both ways through Longstone today.

Absolute disaster and if it wasn't so dangerous it would be Comical.

Who signs off stuff like that?

4 hours ago, jamborich said:

Have to agree I live in longstone this is a disaster waiting to happen,drove down to see what the fuss was my opinion somebody will die due to incompetence 

If you are parked in one of those ludicrous parking spaces and have a baby in the back and need to get them into a pram, or someone who is disabled and needs to get in a wheelchair. Do you get them out one side right in to a cycle lane, or the other side in to the middle of the passing cars. ####ing idiots who put all this shit in place and they should be emptied from their jobs pronto.

luckyBatistuta
On 02/04/2021 at 10:21, Maroon Sailor said:

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Make sure you are facing downhill on Comiston or Lanark Road

Mr Sanctimonious goes through a red light here when he was doing his usual. It's as if he deliberately cycles in busy areas to get his kicks.

Hope someone kicks the absolute shit out of the cretin one day. Just hope they remember to rip his camera off him afterwards. Billy big balls going around trying to provoke folks, because he’s getting it all on film, different story if he never had that.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

What a prick.

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Quite happy to clothesline the **** when he's going full pelt down Lanark Road

If there’s a god🙏

3fingersreid

Just watched the video of the cyclist debating with the gentleman on Pentland Ter, he admits to doing damage then back tracks , I wonder if the car owner has approached the police regarding this ? 
He claims he’s paid £45,000 in tax , I smell 💩💩💩 

The biggest issue for me is he has no empathy for a disabled child 😡😡😡,

now I’m not going to condone it , but he is heading for one almighty kicking one day by challenging the wrong person(s)

Maroon Sailor

He's really going to have to stop hitting people's cars. One of these days it's not going to end well for him.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

If some person was walking down the road hitting cars and battering wing mirrors it would be vandalism. 

Not sure what the difference here is. 

Whilst hitting cars on a bike is fecking dangerous is something goes wrong, person get a fright and moves car in different direction. 

His sense of entitlement is staggering. 

Absolutely - it's wrong on so many levels

I live in the borders but when I return to work I will be driving up to Edinburgh and park around abbeyhill. Is this area still free for on street parking or has it been turned in to residents only? Also, I have a 2013 diesel which I presume will be subject to this new pollution tax they intend to introduce. Anyone know when this will happen and what the cost will be? Cant afford to change car right now so I'll be forced to pay it 

Maroon Sailor

I see the first bollard at the top of Drum Brae Road North heading towards Queensferry Road has either been hit by a vehicle or somebody has tried to flatten it

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

What a sanctimonious prick. 

If it ends in tears they’ll be his tears.

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I see the first bollard at the top of Drum Brae Road North heading towards Queensferry Road has either been hit by a vehicle or somebody has tried to flatten it

Saw that yesterday.  On Thursday I saw two that had been flattened on Ferry Road.

Its a ****ing disgrace - that bollard is placed strategically close to a traffic island, and if you have another vehicle in front of you then you might not expect it.

Maroon Sailor

The council have got a Spaces for People advert on Forth One saying not to worry about going back out again as we have made space for you 🤣

Jokers trying to justify wasting money again

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The council have got a Spaces for People advert on Forth One saying not to worry about going back out again as we have made space for you 🤣

Jokers trying to justify wasting money again

These ba stards will lie, deflect, ignore and refuse to answer any questions in order to see their anti car agenda achieved. There is no way in hell these measure are anything but permanent.  The word democracy has no meaning in their empty vindictive heads.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

These ba stards will lie, deflect, ignore and refuse to answer any questions in order to see their anti car agenda achieved. There is no way in hell these measure are anything but permanent.  The word democracy has no meaning in their empty vindictive heads.

It's not Spaces for People either. It's cycle lanes.

I've driven through Longstone, Drum Brae, Ferry Road the last few days and haven't seen one cyclist. Seen plenty traffic backed up though.

I ****ing hate cyclists like him.

I love getting out on my bike at the weekend, and do a lot of cycling on the roads.  Not only do I make sure my bike is lit up like Blackpool so that others can see me, I am constantly looking to see what is going on around me.  In towns, I stay over to the side, and queue in traffic instead of trying to weave past them to get to the front, especially at traffic lights.  I never pass anyone on their left hand side because they are not going to be expecting someone to overtake on that side.  If I'm out on country roads, and see a car is coming up behind me, if the road ahead is potentially dangerous for both of us such as a blind corner, I'll just stop at the side and let the car past so they don't have to pull wide round something they can't see.  If I'm moving at speed (downhill for example), and the car is choosing to stay behind, as I can see around the corner before them, I'll give them a wave if it's clear and safe for them to go.  If a car is pulling out of a junction ahead of me, I make absolutely sure they've seen me, and slow down if I even suspect they are about to pull out across me.  I'm not doing the Tour de France, so I don't need to shave precious seconds off my route, so getting out of the way of something much bigger and more dangerous than myself is just a no-brainer.  Whenever I am about to do something like let a car through, I'll clearly signal what I am about to do, and move out of the way, and you know what?  99% of drivers give you a wave or a thumbs-up because they appreciate you not acting like a dickhead, and more importantly, I don't get run over and killed by a 2 tonne hunk of metal and plastic.

That being said, drivers need to remember the bit above as well.  In the event of car vs bicycle, it's a no-brainer which one is going to win.  Give cyclists plenty of space, and if you have to temporarily slow down behind a cyclist for a few seconds, then so what?  You can easily wait 10 seconds until it's clear to get past, and then accelerate back up to speed, without going within inches of knocking someone off their bike.  Being 30 seconds quicker getting to ASDA or home after work is not worth accidentally killing someone over.  Oh, and STAY OFF YOUR ****ING PHONES WHEN DRIVING.  Don't even look at it.  The same goes for arsehole cyclists that are holding their phone in one hand whilst cycling on a road holding the handlebars with the other.  **** off.

Tits like the guy in the videos above seem to forget that whilst they might be morally and legally in the right, or have right of way, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea to just blindly accept that or even assume that your average driver is even slightly paying attention.  He's the sort of dickhead that's more likely to cause an accident by showing just how right he is, or get smooshed by a bus and his wee head-shake of the camera won't save him then.  So what if someone has parked 6mm over the white line, it's not causing you any harm.  Just shut the **** up and get on with getting to where you need to be.

Cyclists like him are the reason that drivers hate cyclists - and I say that as both a driver and a cyclist.

Edited by tian447

On 03/04/2021 at 07:50, 3fingersreid said:

Happy enough to cycle on a pavement though and go through a red light 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a side note to cycle lanes , why are the lanes laid out at traffic islands with a huge increase in lane size ? The ones I notice most are the new ones on Corstorphine high street , 

To indicate no overtaking/passing cyclists at the traffic islands

12 hours ago, tian447 said:

I ****ing hate cyclists like him.

I love getting out on my bike at the weekend, and do a lot of cycling on the roads.  Not only do I make sure my bike is lit up like Blackpool so that others can see me, I am constantly looking to see what is going on around me.  In towns, I stay over to the side, and queue in traffic instead of trying to weave past them to get to the front, especially at traffic lights.  I never pass anyone on their left hand side because they are not going to be expecting someone to overtake on that side.  If I'm out on country roads, and see a car is coming up behind me, if the road ahead is potentially dangerous for both of us such as a blind corner, I'll just stop at the side and let the car past so they don't have to pull wide round something they can't see.  If I'm moving at speed (downhill for example), and the car is choosing to stay behind, as I can see around the corner before them, I'll give them a wave if it's clear and safe for them to go.  If a car is pulling out of a junction ahead of me, I make absolutely sure they've seen me, and slow down if I even suspect they are about to pull out across me.  I'm not doing the Tour de France, so I don't need to shave precious seconds off my route, so getting out of the way of something much bigger and more dangerous than myself is just a no-brainer.  Whenever I am about to do something like let a car through, I'll clearly signal what I am about to do, and move out of the way, and you know what?  99% of drivers give you a wave or a thumbs-up because they appreciate you not acting like a dickhead, and more importantly, I don't get run over and killed by a 2 tonne hunk of metal and plastic.

That being said, drivers need to remember the bit above as well.  In the event of car vs bicycle, it's a no-brainer which one is going to win.  Give cyclists plenty of space, and if you have to temporarily slow down behind a cyclist for a few seconds, then so what?  You can easily wait 10 seconds until it's clear to get past, and then accelerate back up to speed, without going within inches of knocking someone off their bike.  Being 30 seconds quicker getting to ASDA or home after work is not worth accidentally killing someone over.  Oh, and STAY OFF YOUR ****ING PHONES WHEN DRIVING.  Don't even look at it.  The same goes for arsehole cyclists that are holding their phone in one hand whilst cycling on a road holding the handlebars with the other.  **** off.

Tits like the guy in the videos above seem to forget that whilst they might be morally and legally in the right, or have right of way, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea to just blindly accept that or even assume that your average driver is even slightly paying attention.  He's the sort of dickhead that's more likely to cause an accident by showing just how right he is, or get smooshed by a bus and his wee head-shake of the camera won't save him then.  So what if someone has parked 6mm over the white line, it's not causing you any harm.  Just shut the **** up and get on with getting to where you need to be.

Cyclists like him are the reason that drivers hate cyclists - and I say that as both a driver and a cyclist.

Well said, I cycle like I drive in that I assume everyone else is stupid so give them as much space to do something stupid as I safely can. 

I've watched a few of that guys video's and there is no doubt that he is going to end up in an accident at somepoint, he rarely checks for cars emerging from side streets, doesn't take up the correct road position when not in a cycle lane etc etc, saddest thing is that when he is eventually in an accident he'll be made up and the poor sod that hits him may well have their life ruined.

Maroon Sailor
43 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Well said, I cycle like I drive in that I assume everyone else is stupid so give them as much space to do something stupid as I safely can. 

I've watched a few of that guys video's and there is no doubt that he is going to end up in an accident at somepoint, he rarely checks for cars emerging from side streets, doesn't take up the correct road position when not in a cycle lane etc etc, saddest thing is that when he is eventually in an accident he'll be made up and the poor sod that hits him may well have their life ruined.

Beginning to think he purposely goes out looking to antagonise and lecture other road users. Seems to have an answer for everything and always in the right.

If he needs to cycle up Leith Walk, Princes Street etc .... fair enough but I get the feeling he's doing it to be morally superior instead of going out with the intention to enjoy his cycling.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Beginning to think he purposely goes out looking to antagonise and lecture other road users. Seems to have an answer for everything and always in the right.

If he needs to cycle up Leith Walk, Princes Street etc .... fair enough but I get the feeling he's doing it to be morally superior instead of going out with the intention to enjoy his cycling.

Yeah, his actions do nothing to improve relations between drivers and cyclists and simply antagonise drivers into becoming more anti-cyclist. 

When i'm driving I see badly/illegally parked cars that sometimes give me cause to make evasive action or inconvenience me, it isn't however my job to stop and put a note on every windscreen, I simply hope that the next car coming along is a cop car and the inconsiderate driver gets a ticket. That is exactly what Edinburgh Cyclist should be doing!

Several occasions now I have been driving an emergency vehicle on a road with these stupid ****ing bollards and had to switch off the lights and sit in traffic. There’s just nowhere for other drivers to go.

It’s no exaggeration to say it’s going to cost someone their life eventually. 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Several occasions now I have been driving an emergency vehicle on a road with these stupid ****ing bollards and had to switch off the lights and sit in traffic. There’s just nowhere for other drivers to go.

It’s no exaggeration to say it’s going to cost someone their life eventually. 

This is what they said on that

Emergency services

You said we needed to consider the impact the plans would have on emergency service vehicles.

What we did

• We engaged with emergency services to keep them informed of our plans.
  • Emergency vehicles are allowed  to stop anywhere along the route, where they deem it is safe to do so

been here before

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/its-very-dangerousan-accident-waiting-to-happen-locals-criticise-new-edinburgh-road-layout-3189988

It's very dangerous..an accident waiting to happen’ - locals criticise new Edinburgh road layout.

New traffic measures in Longstone, including a floating parking bay that forces traffic into the middle of the road, have been decried as an ‘accident waiting to happen’ by concerned residents.

Edinburgh City Council has recently installed new Spaces for People traffic measures on Longstone Road, between Kingsknowe Road north and the Murrayburn Road roundabout, which includes a new cycle lane heading east and parking bays which jut out into the carriageway.

Traffic islands are situated near the floating parking bays, causing vehicles to chichane as they travel along Longstone Road.

Local resident Thomas Porteous, 72, of Redhall, has been driving professionally since he was 17 years old - he says he has ‘never seen anything like this… even in third world countries’.

Mr Porteous said: “All of a sudden, there’s a car parked in the middle of the road, so you have to swerve right, to avoid it, and basically, if there’s a bus parked at the bus stop, you’re coming into the flow of traffic coming from the other direction - it’s very dangerous.

“I’ve been a professional driver all my days, in the Army and on the roads - and how they are getting away with this, I have no idea.

“I’ve driven all over the world, even in third world countries I’ve never seen anything like this.

“It’s unbelievable - it’s an accident waiting to happen.”

The road is also home to Lothian Buses’ Longstone Depot, which many bus drivers must travel to in order to begin their shift.

Pentland Hills councillor Susan Webber, and transport spokesperson for the council’s Conservative group, said: “I made it quite clear to the council that I have concerns regarding these measures and the proximity of the Lothian Bus Depot at Longstone, for a number of reasons.

“Firstly, you have the challenges it’s going to place for the Lothian buses getting in, and two, getting along Longstone Road to access the depot.

“The road layout is just shocking. Further, they’re narrowing the roundabout to one lane, which will also make it a challenge for buses getting in and out of the depot, and they’ve also removed parking on the streets.

“This is the parking our bus drivers would use to park their cars before getting in their buses to serve the city. You cannot expect them to get public transport to their work, when early on the services aren’t in place yet.

“I was assured that all of these stakeholders would be contacted, but this appears to have come as quite a surprise to the bus drivers.

“With the pressure on Lothians Buses right now, the stresses their drivers are facing right now with the antisocial behaviour, and the anxiety it is causing them and their families - for them to go to work and have to deal with this on top of that - we need to support our public transport provider.”

In response, City Centre councillor and Labour vice convener of the council’s transport committee, Karen Doran, said: “We are still in the process of installing this scheme, and as part of this will be moving the central line to allow more space for cars passing the parking bay.

“We’ll also be reducing the speed limit here to 20mph to create an even safer, calmer environment.

“As part of the development of this measure we’ve followed the notification process approved by committee, as we have with every intervention, and have subsequently worked with local stakeholders to make further amendments to designs based on feedback.

“These changes will create an improved route for pedestrians and cyclists, and the 40% of Edinburgh households who don’t own a car, plus an alternative to the congested Union Canal towpath and Water of Leith walkway, particularly as restrictions are lifted.

“Of course, floating parking spaces may feel unfamiliar to some road users, but they provide more options for the use of space on our streets and are regularly used successfully in many other cities.

“We will continue to monitor the new layout, though, and will tweak this should any issues arise.”

Councillor Webber added: “We’re 12 months on from the initial lockdown, we’re reaching the end of the lockdown phase, and yet we’re continuing to put in measures which are supposed to aid social distancing, when we’ve had 12 months without them.

“This is not the time to be laying down more measures which will ultimately cripple the businesses along there.

“All we’re doing is putting more and more barriers in their way.”

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is what they said on that

Emergency services

You said we needed to consider the impact the plans would have on emergency service vehicles.

What we did

• We engaged with emergency services to keep them informed of our plans.
  • Emergency vehicles are allowed  to stop anywhere along the route, where they deem it is safe to do so
  •  

Utter nonsense from them 😂

The issue is not being able to stop, it’s being able to bypass traffic in order to make it to urgent calls. Which they have made impossible in several areas. 

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Utter nonsense from them 😂

The issue is not being able to stop, it’s being able to bypass traffic in order to make it to urgent calls. Which they have made impossible in several areas. 

Exactly - kind of sums up the level of intelligence of the people forcing these measures

I am not sure why cyclists like the the person above get into so many situations with cars. I have been cycling on and off for 15 years and can say I have had one situation with a driver which was actually caused by these utterly stupid spaces for people  road structures. It was an accident, nobody hurt and we both left so with a friendly hand shake. 

Not sure why the cyclists above thinks he can take the law into his own hands like above. He is actually the more dangerous

manaliveits105

I liked Top Gears acronym that MAMILs were midlle aged men in lycra 

they think once they don it they become Mark Cavendish and not ridiculous as they usually do .

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's not Spaces for People either. It's cycle lanes.

I've driven through Longstone, Drum Brae, Ferry Road the last few days and haven't seen one cyclist. Seen plenty traffic backed up though.

Spot on.  Last week I went to Drumbrae to get onto Queensferry road.  Couldn't get into my lane as traffic was over the hill in a single lane due to these arseholes forcing space that doesn't need to be there.  Cyclists can quite safely navigate past queues traffic waiting at traffic lights.

What effect are these changes having on emission levels caused by additional congestion?

These tailbacks should be noted are at a time when 2/3rds of people are either furloughed or working from home.  Just wait until people return to work in offices.

Edited by frankblack

I wish we'd invest properly in our roads and transport network so that everyone benefits. These half arsed measures are not the answer. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am not sure why cyclists like the the person above get into so many situations with cars. I have been cycling on and off for 15 years and can say I have had one situation with a driver which was actually caused by these utterly stupid spaces for people  road structures. It was an accident, nobody hurt and we both left so with a friendly hand shake. 

Not sure why the cyclists above thinks he can take the law into his own hands like above. He is actually the more dangerous

I've only ever had one close call with a car when cycling, car pulled out of a side street without looking properly and had I not anticipated and moved out then he'd definitely have hit me. Actually think the car driver got a bigger fright than me.

I pulled in and the guy apologised, I calmly spoke to him and explained that if I hadn't anticipated him pulling out then he'd 100% have hit me and as I was travelling at roughly 30mph i'd have been seriously injured. Also stated that it was a common route for cyclists and to just double check when he's coming out of side streets. What could have been a serious accident turned into a positive experience as i'm sure that driver double and triple checks for cyclists due to the fright he got.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, pablo said:

I wish we'd invest properly in our roads and transport network so that everyone benefits. These half arsed measures are not the answer. 

They're an absolute embarrassment. 

Repairing the potholes are laughable. 

I just got a text from Edinburgh Council reminding me that Sunday afternoon parking controls start on the 11th April, nice of them except I don't live in Edinburgh.

Stuart Lyon
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They're an absolute embarrassment. 

Repairing the potholes are laughable. 

The speed bumps in that part of Hutchison Crossway outside St Cuthberts primary school have potholes!

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My missus was saying, that a lot of the decisions were made off desktop studies. I struggle to believe that, then I pass through the area and struggle to believe anyone would be so stupid to go there and think these things would be good idea.  

Clearly I’m underestimating the stupidness of people and or their ability to do even the most basic part of their job 

Even, if was an anti car agenda/green, strategy. It cant be done at the expense of peoples safety and potentially lives. Its rank incompetence, that self entitle cyclist probably in charge of the scheme. He also likes to pretend he of ‘genuine’ intentions and entitled to do what he wants, whilst being a dangerous prick in relation to himself and others. 

around 15 years ago edinburgh clowncil decided to change the access to george street. what they ended up doing was making it legal to drive onto george street but there was no legal way to drive off of george street. that was decided by a member IIRC who did not drive and never had a licence

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

The speed bumps in that part of Hutchison Crossway outside St Cuthberts primary school have potholes!

Also a lot of these speed bumps have their markings missing.

There are approximately 250 different road works in Edinburgh.

A disgrace.

Edinburgh Cyclist
On 02/04/2021 at 21:50, been here before said:

I cycle about 100 odd miles a week in Edinburgh and have came across some bad/dangerous parking, had run ins with drivers and on occasion other cyclists but the cyclist on that is an absolute prick of the highest order.

Ive watched that a few times and really cant see the problem. The tyre is a couple of inches over the white line?

I could understand if the car was blocking the lane, stradling the line or what have you but a ****in wing mirror? What a cock.

He's the type of wank who ends  getting other cyclist grief.

If you bothered to watch the video, you'd see all I did was shake my head at the parking. Everyone else on that road has no problem parking inside the lines, but this car is parked in the cycle lane (to varying degrees) every single time.

On 03/04/2021 at 07:42, Maroon Sailor said:

Make sure you are facing downhill on Comiston or Lanark Road

Mr Sanctimonious goes through a red light here when he was doing his usual. It's as if he deliberately cycles in busy areas to get his kicks.

The judder at 0:02 is me getting off my bike and walking up the pavement. I don't cycle on the pavement.

On 04/04/2021 at 02:33, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope someone kicks the absolute shit out of the cretin one day. Just hope they remember to rip his camera off him afterwards. Billy big balls going around trying to provoke folks, because he’s getting it all on film, different story if he never had that.

I'd love to see someone try.

On 04/04/2021 at 07:40, 3fingersreid said:

Just watched the video of the cyclist debating with the gentleman on Pentland Ter, he admits to doing damage then back tracks , I wonder if the car owner has approached the police regarding this ? 
He claims he’s paid £45,000 in tax , I smell 💩💩💩 

The biggest issue for me is he has no empathy for a disabled child 😡😡😡,

now I’m not going to condone it , but he is heading for one almighty kicking one day by challenging the wrong person(s)

I never admitted doing damage, I admitted pushing the mirror in. I reported him to the police, FYI - they attended and told him to move the car. I'm a higher-rate tax payer, and late year I paid around £45,000 in tax, yes. The disabled child has nothing at all to do with anything here - how can that guy have no problem moving the wheelchair down the stairs from the house (which has no stairlift, FYI), and across the pavement, but struggles those last 1.5 metres over the cycle lane?

On 04/04/2021 at 09:14, Maroon Sailor said:

He's really going to have to stop hitting people's cars. One of these days it's not going to end well for him.

Maybe if idiots like this didn't try to drive into me, I wouldn't touch their precious cars.

On 04/04/2021 at 09:56, Lord BJ said:

If some person was walking down the road hitting cars and battering wing mirrors it would be vandalism. 

Not sure what the difference here is. 

Whilst hitting cars on a bike is fecking dangerous is something goes wrong, person get a fright and moves car in different direction. 

His sense of entitlement is staggering. 

Because I'm not doing any damage. I didn't go near the wing mirror, I was demonstrating that the pass was less than an arms length, so I could report it to the police (Who wouldn't take any action because I told him to get off his phone, as I say in the video comments)

On 03/04/2021 at 08:33, 3fingersreid said:

I know of that guy ( the cabbie) what the cyclist didn’t show was him hitting the cab earlier in the argument .

They say "You're parked like an idiot." I was given them as a Christmas present years ago (those videos themselves are several years old), they're joke parking tickets - they say something like "Penalty charge notice" on the front and are blank on the back - so I added my own messsage.

I'm perfectly happy to explain anything else in any of my videos, and if I've done something wrong then I'm happy to admit and apologise (For instance, in some of my earlier videos, I cycle through on a red/amber light instead of waiting for green - mea culpa). But let's not post anything here threatening to "give [me] a kicking" or anything else that the police would consider a threat, eh? Trust me, this isn't my first rodeo, I've had more than one person charged for making similar threats.

Love and kisses,

Edinburgh Cyclist

City Cabs have produced a risk assessment video to highlight how dangerous this nonsense is, they've taken the floating parking space on George V bridge as an example with a black cab dropping off a wheelchair passenger

1st example see's a bus and 3 car's move into to oncoming lane to pass the taxi, the position of the floating space meaning there isn't room for the bus to move back into the correct lane prior to passing a traffic island and therefore extending the distance travelled in the wrong lane (also would prevent the bus from being able to turn to avoid oncoming traffic)

2nd example see's a cyclist pass by at speed with no regard for the safety of the cab driver or passenger then see's a bus attempt to get back into the correct lane before the traffic island and ends up clipping the island, just lucky nobody was using the island to cross

3rd example same as 2nd but also shows bus almost hitting a van coming the opposite way and shows that the bus clipping the island could easily force pedestrians to step backwards into oncoming traffic

4th example shows a cyclist go around the cab (allowing wheelchair space to get out the cab) but is then almost hit by a van trying to pass a parked car on the opposite side

All  of the above was filmed within 1 hour during a quiet day in lockdown, what the hell is it going to be like when we are out of lockdown and the festival is on?

ECC's response is simply that it's not dangerous, people are just not using it right!

Jeffros Furios
33 minutes ago, Ribble said:

City Cabs have produced a risk assessment video to highlight how dangerous this nonsense is, they've taken the floating parking space on George V bridge as an example with a black cab dropping off a wheelchair passenger

1st example see's a bus and 3 car's move into to oncoming lane to pass the taxi, the position of the floating space meaning there isn't room for the bus to move back into the correct lane prior to passing a traffic island and therefore extending the distance travelled in the wrong lane (also would prevent the bus from being able to turn to avoid oncoming traffic)

2nd example see's a cyclist pass by at speed with no regard for the safety of the cab driver or passenger then see's a bus attempt to get back into the correct lane before the traffic island and ends up clipping the island, just lucky nobody was using the island to cross

3rd example same as 2nd but also shows bus almost hitting a van coming the opposite way and shows that the bus clipping the island could easily force pedestrians to step backwards into oncoming traffic

4th example shows a cyclist go around the cab (allowing wheelchair space to get out the cab) but is then almost hit by a van trying to pass a parked car on the opposite side

All  of the above was filmed within 1 hour during a quiet day in lockdown, what the hell is it going to be like when we are out of lockdown and the festival is on?

ECC's response is simply that it's not dangerous, people are just not using it right!

I was going to post the same,  we also live in an era where we buy online so there are 100s of courier vans everywhere 

Are these guys and other delivery vehicles expected to park on the non existent parking bays or double park on the side streets . On the comments section of the Evening News a woman says 4 out of the 11  councillors responsible are members of Spokes .

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Sadly it’ll take a serious accident for anything to be done.

Even then there’ll be plenty excuses.

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My missus was saying, that a lot of the decisions were made off desktop studies. I struggle to believe that, then I pass through the area and struggle to believe anyone would be so stupid to go there and think these things would be good idea.  

Clearly I’m underestimating the stupidness of people and or their ability to do even the most basic part of their job 

Even, if was an anti car agenda/green, strategy. It cant be done at the expense of peoples safety and potentially lives. Its rank incompetence, that self entitle cyclist probably in charge of the scheme. He also likes to pretend he of ‘genuine’ intentions and entitled to do what he wants, whilst being a dangerous prick in relation to himself and others. 

The Physio I use from time to time was telling me he had been helping four of the traffic planning team at the council. The top person and three underlings. Of the four three couldn't drive.