Edinburgh city wide parking - phase 2

Devorgilla

Apologies if there is already a topic for this but couldn’t see it in first few pages of the shed.

A current consultation which ends at midnight on Sunday 14/03/21:

https://consultprojectcentre.co.uk/parkingph2?fbclid=IwAR0zUNES6MuivVIcFxDodU_sB5Z_6-A5cKmno_L6kRufj3UDDSdK4A3w_To

As someone who doesn’t live in Edinburgh, and so isn’t very familiar with its parking operation arrangements, this is of some interest.  Partly because one area covers where my parents live and secondly, and perhaps, selfishly another area (Saughtonhall) covers where I park when I come to Tynecastle.  The other areas include Murrayfield and Roseburn which might also be where others park and walk to the ground.

From the FAQs it says that the restrictions might only apply Mon to Fri and 08.30 to 17.30 (think I have that right).  If that is the case are the “permit holder” spaces available to anyone outwith those times?

Am I correct in assuming that “shared use” bays are available to both residents and anyone else during operational times, but that non residents have to pay to use it, or use a voucher from the resident they are visiting?

Obviously it would be better for me to be asking these questions of Edinburgh City Council but an email address for questions not covered by the FAQ isn’t obvious, and, of course, there is the time factoring getting a response before the closing date.

Obviously might also be of some interest to residents in the affected areas as well!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Ribble

• Seymour M Hersh

• The Real Maroonblood

Famous 1874

Edinburgh city council are absolutely ****ing hopeless 

Has anyone seen the ridiculous cycle lanes dotted about the place now? Cars practically parked in the middle of Lanark road in places. They always implement all these ridiculous ideas without consulting, eventually ask for people’s thoughts on the changes, get hammered but yet don’t remove anything? 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has anyone seen the ridiculous cycle lanes dotted about the place now? Cars practically parked in the middle of Lanark road in places. They always implement all these ridiculous ideas without consulting, eventually ask for people’s thoughts on the changes, get hammered but yet don’t remove anything? 

There is currently a consultation ongoing about making them permanent/ removing them. 

https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/bi/retainingspacesforpeopleconsultation/

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

There is currently a consultation ongoing about making them permanent/ removing them. 

https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/bi/retainingspacesforpeopleconsultation/

I've filled in their consultation document but it's couched in a load of waffle for me and had someone not sent me the link I'd have been totally oblivious to it. But of coursepeope never seeing these documents is exactly what they want to happen.

Shanks said no
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've filled in their consultation document but it's couched in a load of waffle for me and had someone not sent me the link I'd have been totally oblivious to it. But of coursepeope never seeing these documents is exactly what they want to happen.

I was the same, very skewed in favour of retaining. No doubt the cycling lobby will be all over it.

there’s another one regarding Corstorphine that is a further attempt to prevent drivers moving around. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I was the same, very skewed in favour of retaining. No doubt the cycling lobby will be all over it.

there’s another one regarding Corstorphine that is a further attempt to prevent drivers moving around. 

The transport convenor (can't remember the harridan's name) is an anti car zealot who is quite happy to ignore democracy and trample over voters to get her way. The North Gyle one is indicative of how she sees behaving an elected representative to serve when in truth feudal lord is how she really sees herself.  They've used extra Westminster cash without any public consultation and will no doubt ignore this consultation document saying well, they're already in place and the extra expense to remove them................yada yada yada. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

It’s brutal.

It looks like that cars a parked nearly in the middle of the road.

Shanks said no
52 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The transport convenor (can't remember the harridan's name) is an anti car zealot who is quite happy to ignore democracy and trample over voters to get her way. The North Gyle one is indicative of how she sees behaving an elected representative to serve when in truth feudal lord is how she really sees herself.  They've used extra Westminster cash without any public consultation and will no doubt ignore this consultation document saying well, they're already in place and the extra expense to remove them................yada yada yada. 

We preach from the same hymn sheet my friend. We attended the public meeting in the Gyle about the North Gyle plans and Mrs F, who in all the years I have known her has not cared a jot about politics, was ready to lynch Councillor Lesley Macinnes. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

We preach from the same hymn sheet my friend. We attended the public meeting in the Gyle about the North Gyle plans and Mrs F, who in all the years I have known her has not cared a joy about politics, was ready to lynch Councillor Lesley Macinnes. 

That's the beach. 

Similar nonsense for leith where they are proposing closing off an entire area to create a cycle path from the foot of the walk to Ocean terminal. Will create huge bottlenecks of traffic at the foot of the walk/duke street, end of ferry road and Commercial Street.

I live on Coburg Street and they intend to close the Ferry Road end of the street completely so if i'm coming from ferry road or great junction street i'd need to head towards ocean terminal, then back along Commercial Street, turn in at the new Aldi and back up  Coburg Street to get home, with the additional traffic it'll be a 10 minute addition to any journey which outwith the minor inconvenience is just bloody stupid to have my car creating pollution for that additional ten minutes. Not to mention that emergency services go down past my flat with their blue lights on at least 4-5 times every single day so there will be a definite impact on emergency response times.

All this for a cycle lane that'll hardly be used anyway (if I was cycling from the foot of the walk to ocean terminal i'd simply use the bus lane right along Great Junction/North Junction street rather than wanting to cut down Henderson Street and over Commercial street)

Edited by Ribble

12 hours ago, Devorgilla said:

Apologies if there is already a topic for this but couldn’t see it in first few pages of the shed.

A current consultation which ends at midnight on Sunday 14/03/21:

https://consultprojectcentre.co.uk/parkingph2?fbclid=IwAR0zUNES6MuivVIcFxDodU_sB5Z_6-A5cKmno_L6kRufj3UDDSdK4A3w_To

As someone who doesn’t live in Edinburgh, and so isn’t very familiar with its parking operation arrangements, this is of some interest.  Partly because one area covers where my parents live and secondly, and perhaps, selfishly another area (Saughtonhall) covers where I park when I come to Tynecastle.  The other areas include Murrayfield and Roseburn which might also be where others park and walk to the ground.

From the FAQs it says that the restrictions might only apply Mon to Fri and 08.30 to 17.30 (think I have that right).  If that is the case are the “permit holder” spaces available to anyone outwith those times?

Am I correct in assuming that “shared use” bays are available to both residents and anyone else during operational times, but that non residents have to pay to use it, or use a voucher from the resident they are visiting?

Obviously it would be better for me to be asking these questions of Edinburgh City Council but an email address for questions not covered by the FAQ isn’t obvious, and, of course, there is the time factoring getting a response before the closing date.

Obviously might also be of some interest to residents in the affected areas as well!

Yup. Outwith restriction times, Permit Bays are a free for all, to the dismay of many residents. Shared Use Bays are just like Pay and Display Bays, only Permit Holders can park in them all day. I was a 'meter maid' for 6 years so any more questions, feel free to shoot them at me.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I'm sure the residents of Corstorphine gave a thumbs down to it becoming a resident's parking zone, in some consultation, maybe only a couple of years ago.  I wonder what they think has changed?

Stuart Lyon

The CeC's consultations are a farce! They regularly get less than 1% of the EH population responding so it is hardly representative of the true feeling of EH citizens. Yet time after time the CeC, McInnes in particular, cite this as a democratic endorsement fo their anti vehicle policy. The randomness of the placement of the segregation pillars is staggering as is the failure to recognise that there is no room in some locations for cars to clear the road for emergency vehicles! The SNP are among those who criticise the Tories at Westminster level for using Covid powers to implement change but are quite happy to copy them at a local level. Hypocrites ass are their Labour coalition partners!

I cycle and drive. I cycle in the cycle lanes but often wonder to my self what ****ing difference are they making that just sticking to the left of the road wouldn’t. 

I have been cycling on and off for years and never Once have had a issue. Dunno if it is because as a driver I have full Understanding of the rules of the road and know how far drivers feel.

Adding extra bits onto the road isn’t the answer. The answer is education and making sure every road user is aware of their responsibilities and know what they are doing. This starts from a young age. Get youth cycling schemes up and running and teach them how to use roads properly instead of wasting cash on useless restructuring. 

the biggest annoyance and danger as cyclist to me are the great huge potholes all over the place. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Yup. Outwith restriction times, Permit Bays are a free for all, to the dismay of many residents. Shared Use Bays are just like Pay and Display Bays, only Permit Holders can park in them all day. I was a 'meter maid' for 6 years so any more questions, feel free to shoot them at me.

Yes!!!!
I'm an out of townie and always spooked by the big city parking regs, especially games down at Easter Road. My preference is to park aournd Royal Terr, Regent Terr but end up driving past loads of empty spaces that have meters or resident parking notices. Genuine daft (older!) laddie quiery but our games v Hibs are almost always evening or Sundays. What's the script or any other tips? Ta 🙂

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah - we're all regularly crunching into massive potholes but they are spending their time and our money drawing parking spaces in the middle of roads. Lanark road is now a lot less straight than it used to be! 

Dennis Reynolds

I moved into a new build development off a main road an they seem to be putting a mix of double yellows and pay and display on some really small section of road coming into the development. I really can't see the point. Add into the fact that the adjacent land has just been given planning permission for another development, it seems really odd and short sighted but nothing new there.

I understand to an extent why they're doing it as I used to live off Albion Road and during the week it was like a park and ride. But it just seems like another unnecessary charge people are going to have to pay for daring to own a car. Pay for having to park it at home and (possibly?) having to park at work.

Famous 1874
3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yep filled it in through a friend who sent me it. Wouldn’t have found it without that. Also the questions are a pisstake, too long and not too the point. From what I’ve seen on social media, they’re getting hammered for it. But let’s be honest they’re not going to change it regardless, they don’t care what people think. Ruining the city every time with their stupid ideas. 

45 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I cycle and drive. I cycle in the cycle lanes but often wonder to my self what ****ing difference are they making that just sticking to the left of the road wouldn’t. 

I have been cycling on and off for years and never Once have had a issue. Dunno if it is because as a driver I have full Understanding of the rules of the road and know how far drivers feel.

Adding extra bits onto the road isn’t the answer. The answer is education and making sure every road user is aware of their responsibilities and know what they are doing. This starts from a young age. Get youth cycling schemes up and running and teach them how to use roads properly instead of wasting cash on useless restructuring. 

the biggest annoyance and danger as cyclist to me are the great huge potholes all over the place. 

Absolutely this. Sticking a cycle lane where the worst potholes are and, worse, making cycle lanes that people can park in, are absolutely ****ing pointless. You spend half your time swerving in and out of the left hand side of the road.

On the topic in question, I expect this is to help residents actually be able to park near their house. I used to live in roseburn and the streets were mobbed with folk parking and then going to their work. Which was a ****ing nightmare if you had a day off during the week. Go somewhere in the morning and park about a mile away when you get back. Rugby and football were a bit easier to plan around. So if I still lived there, I’d be happy!

Jambo-Jimbo

All these changes to parking and other restrictions are one of the main reasons why we very rarely come through to the centre of Edinburgh anymore.

Mostly we only go as far as Stration or the Fort, simply because it's an absolute nightmare in the centre nowadays.

We are lucky that we don't live with the chaos day in day out, must be a complete nightmare each and everyday, for you folks.

been here before

As a cyclist who regularly uses the Lanark Road I find these changes ****in idiotic.

Cars now parked in the middle of the road where you can now be hit by either the driver or the passenger door.

Bus lanes used as cycle lanes that have more potholes and craters than the dark side of the moon.

If it wasnt so potentially dangerous for all involved it would be funny. Longstone Road next I believe. That should be fun.

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Yes!!!!
I'm an out of townie and always spooked by the big city parking regs, especially games down at Easter Road. My preference is to park aournd Royal Terr, Regent Terr but end up driving past loads of empty spaces that have meters or resident parking notices. Genuine daft (older!) laddie quiery but our games v Hibs are almost always evening or Sundays. What's the script or any other tips? Ta 🙂

If it's an evening or weekend game, you'll be totally fine up any of those streets. Regent Road anywhere past the Scottish Government building is free on a Saturday and Sunday, and after 5.30pm too. That includes all the wee cobbled streets up from London Road too, Royal Terrace, Regent, Carlton etc. Meter spaces, Permit holders and single yellow lines all part of that. Even the motorcycle bays if you're lucky to find one! I used to do that beat quite often up there. Great place for a skive. You can even get parked in the mews area up Carlton Lane at night or on weekends.

Byyy The Light
54 minutes ago, been here before said:

As a cyclist who regularly uses the Lanark Road I find these changes ****in idiotic.

Cars now parked in the middle of the road where you can now be hit by either the driver or the passenger door.

Bus lanes used as cycle lanes that have more potholes and craters than the dark side of the moon.

If it wasnt so potentially dangerous for all involved it would be funny. Longstone Road next I believe. That should be fun.

I stopped cycling on the roads to work for that exact reason.  Would like to be here for my kids growing up.  Was also knocked off my bike by a driver cutting across from the outside lane to go left along Longstone at the Cross Keys junction.  I've moved Fairmilehead way now and they've done the same down Comiston Road.  It's confusing when driving too.

All these new new changes are absolutely ridiculous.  Either invest and do it properly or don't bother. Your point about getting hit by the doors on both sides is spot on too.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Thanks for the helpful information Locky.  

One of the streets I park on on match days is proposed to have a single yellow line down the full length of one side.  On match days cars can park both sides and there is still space for a single lane of traffic so restricting the waiting/parking to one side seems a bit unnecessary.  Is there a “standard” time for single yellows to apply?  I know that they mean no waiting on certain days and at certain times, rather than the double yellow “no waiting at any time”.  

My parking, and that of lots of other Hearts supporters, where I do is probably a bit of a pain for residents but for the great majority of time there seems to be ample spaces.

35 minutes ago, Locky said:

If it's an evening or weekend game, you'll be totally fine up any of those streets. Regent Road anywhere past the Scottish Government building is free on a Saturday and Sunday, and after 5.30pm too. That includes all the wee cobbled streets up from London Road too, Royal Terrace, Regent, Carlton etc. Meter spaces, Permit holders and single yellow lines all part of that. Even the motorcycle bays if you're lucky to find one! I used to do that beat quite often up there. Great place for a skive. You can even get parked in the mews area up Carlton Lane at night or on weekends.

Cheers Locky. There's been a couple of games down at Easter Rd recently where the parking spot has been the highlight of the trip 😂

Where my parents live near Tynecastle, on the edge of the current zone.

You have ample parking during the proposed permit hours. Then after hours it can be a 30 min walk back to the house (plus space searching time) when you are lucky enough to find a space.

Giant hassle for folks my parents age who perhaps cant walk 30 mins to and from car. Small hassle for folks like me. Had a similar setup when I couldn't get a permit near newington. Parked 30mins walk to flat. Dammit forgot my phone or keys. 30 mins back to car... 30 mins back to flat.

I fully oppose this proposal. Obviously other areas are different. But the scenario above will apply to many.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

The bits in bold above are simply designed to provide future evidence for further measures against cars. They're devious buggers, and know exactly what they're doing.

Correct, one of the many reasons we are planning on moving out of Edinburgh

Just now, jonesy said:

Given your location is 'Leith', you could always try moving to Edinburgh first 😜 

In all seriousness, the only conclusion it is possible to draw is that CEC are trying to sicken half the drivers, while causing the rest to create congestion and pollution, allowing them to take measures against them, too. The closed roads, constant roadworks, bizarre bollards for cycle lanes, reduction of two lanes to one in many areas and general attempts to make driving more of a hassle smacks of people who are enjoying their government subsidies for creating car-free or bike-priority zones just a little too much.

A truly integrated and enlightened transport policy takes into account the fact that, for many, the car/van is not a choice that can be substituted by a hopping on a bike or taking public transport. Instead, we've got a single-minded, ignorant set of councillors who do nothing but lap up the subsidies and declare themselves a success. Sadly not enough people bother to vote in local elections to oust them.

Totally agree, I work in Livi and public transport just isn't either practical or cost effective - 45min car journey costing say a tenner a week in fuel v over a tenner a day getting buses/train that can take double the amount of time if not longer

3 hours ago, Devorgilla said:

Thanks for the helpful information Locky.  

One of the streets I park on on match days is proposed to have a single yellow line down the full length of one side.  On match days cars can park both sides and there is still space for a single lane of traffic so restricting the waiting/parking to one side seems a bit unnecessary.  Is there a “standard” time for single yellows to apply?  I know that they mean no waiting on certain days and at certain times, rather than the double yellow “no waiting at any time”.  

My parking, and that of lots of other Hearts supporters, where I do is probably a bit of a pain for residents but for the great majority of time there seems to be ample spaces.

The single yellow lines tend to be in operation on the same hours and days as the meter spaces, so if you see a sign around with times on it, then that's what to go with. For example, a zone where the restrictions are Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm, is when the single yellow's are enforced. Outwith those times, it's a free for all really.

3 hours ago, RobboM said:

Cheers Locky. There's been a couple of games down at Easter Rd recently where the parking spot has been the highlight of the trip 😂

As a non driver, I can't share your joy. Although the wins are all the more sweeter when I get my bus back to Musselburgh, and it's full of greeting faced vermin. :D 

3fingersreid
4 hours ago, been here before said:

It is a bizarre layout . 

The new markings on Corstorphine High St are confusing , not sure many folk , be it drivers or cyclists will have a clue as to what they mean . 

E3AABCEB-C14B-4C96-9833-8C4C7AB6379A.jpeg

It's emerged today that the Spaces for People consultation has been extended by 2 weeks and that the total costs of £60k have been met from the SfP scottish government money, a great way to use up the remaining budget so that despite what the consultation will actually say the council won't have any of the money left to revert the idiotic changes

Famous 1874
57 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its ****ing brutal there no idea what thinkings is, accidents waiting to happen 

Awful mate. Car crash is waiting to happen 

The Real Maroonblood

A waste of money.

Could’ve been better spent on dealing with the thousands of potholes in Edinburgh.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A waste of money.

Could’ve been better spent on dealing with the thousands of potholes in Edinburgh.

My motor needed 4 new tyres yesterday. We replaced 2 just over a year ago. The state of the roads is a ****ing disgrace. The Mrs got pulled over for 'erratic driving' last year (I know, I know), and was sent on her way when she explained that she was merely avoiding the huge **** off potholes. The nice policeman actually admitted to doing the same.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My motor needed 4 new tyres yesterday. We replaced 2 just over a year ago. The state of the roads is a ****ing disgrace. The Mrs got pulled over for 'erratic driving' last year (I know, I know), and was sent on her way when she explained that she was merely avoiding the huge **** off potholes. The nice policeman actually admitted to doing the same.

Most of the time is just a patch up job.

At the moment they’re resurfacing part of Bankhead Drive.

Years overdue.

been here before
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Years overdue.

I cycled down past the Gyle and past Forrester and its atrocious, even the repairs have had repairs temporarily patched up. The only saving grace is the cycle lane that runs parralel from the lights along Bankhead Drive.

I do have to admit though that I noticed most of the road had been relayed and was perfectly smooth with not a soul on it. Couldnt resist having a go, it was like cycling on air :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

I cycled down past the Gyle and past Forrester and its atrocious, even the repairs have had repairs temporarily patched up. The only saving grace is the cycle lane that runs parralel from the lights along Bankhead Drive.

I do have to admit though that I noticed most of the road had been relayed and was perfectly smooth with not a soul on it. Couldnt resist having a go, it was like cycling on air :lol:

👍

The Real Maroonblood
On 11/03/2021 at 18:10, The Real Maroonblood said:

Years overdue.

The opening of that road has been delayed due to Scottish Water apparatus being damaged.

Probably some of the road having to be dug up again.

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

What do people want the council to do? Car Ownership and parking is a problem that doesn't have a solution. I'm a child of the 60's. I have seen pictures of a couple of my mates taken, sitting on the kerb in Polwarth Crescent in the 60's. No cars. They used to play football in the street! My first flat was in that same street. Our stair had 9 flats plus 2 main doors. Kerb space could maybe take 3 cars!!!!! I wonder how many cars are owned by the residents of these 11 flats now? There is no doubt that there is a huge problem with commuters driving in to Edinburgh and then parking (where they can) in residential areas and getting the bus to where they want to go. I recently moved from a residential area which has no through road and mixed private and on-street parking (unregulated). Over the years it has got busier and busier with commuters driving in, leaving their cars and jumping on a bus. Even though there was plenty of free space on the arterial road, they did this because it was presumably "safer" to leave their car in a residential street.

I have since moved to a controlled parking area and it is MUCH better. And a permit is not that expensive. Many people move out-of-town to get a bigger property for less money, That's their choice, but they then need to pay for the privilege of bringing their cars into the city to use amenities or to work. That's what they signed up to. Tough. The council continue to do many stupid things with traffic management but the concept of "spaces for people" needs to mean "Spaces for the people who live here". Those who choose a bigger house, a garden, a 2 car garage etc do exactly that - they choose. If they don't like the consequences, choose something else.

Shanks said no
On 10/03/2021 at 20:22, 3fingersreid said:

It is a bizarre layout . 

The new markings on Corstorphine High St are confusing , not sure many folk , be it drivers or cyclists will have a clue as to what they mean . 

E3AABCEB-C14B-4C96-9833-8C4C7AB6379A.jpeg

Don’t know if you have been down this week but the lines make more sense now as the road is single lane in places now. The section heading from old kirk loan to manse rd is an accident waiting to happen. 

still very slapdash and confusing, I drove by as the primary was emptying and having to fathom the road and watch for kids was dicey 

3fingersreid
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Don’t know if you have been down this week but the lines make more sense now as the road is single lane in places now. The section heading from old kirk lane to manse rd is an accident waiting to happen. 

still very slapdash and confusing, I drove by as the primary was emptying and having to fathom the road and watch for kids was dicey 

Yeah the markings make it clearer. That said who decided to put a give way to on coming traffic as you go round a bend ? That’s bound to lead to a bump.

Its also going to cause more pollution outside the school at the next give way on the High Street as vehicles have to stop at the narrowed road

I do wonder why the cycle lanes are exaggerated at crossings and that’s not just on corstorphine high street 

Shanks said no
19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yeah the markings make it clearer. That said who decided to put a give way to on coming traffic as you go round a bend ? That’s bound to lead to a bump.

Its also going to cause more pollution outside the school at the next give way on the High Street as vehicles have to stop at the narrowed road

I do wonder why the cycle lanes are exaggerated at crossings and that’s not just on corstorphine high street 

they are up to something on Roseburn Terrace now, no doubt some form of road narrowing 

edit - apologies to the Council as their list of works say it’s for Scottish Power service disconnection

Well that's a few weeks of Lanark Road with the new layout and it is good to see that many drivers are ignoring the 30 limit. Not so good is that there are even more cars parked in the middle of the road as householders have decided that these are now private spaces for them so no need to use their driveways anymore..

On 10/03/2021 at 15:42, been here before said:

Yup, I'd assume passengers (more likely to be non-drivers) are less likely to use their wing mirror before opening the door. I used to cycle a lot and to me it just makes little sense. One day someone flying down the hill on a bike will hit a door opened by a kid because he couldn't see the kid for the headrest in the passenger seat. 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Longstone 🤔

FB_IMG_1617040607523.jpg

Not being funny but who in their right mind thinks that was a good idea ?

Driving along to Sainsbury's from the roundabout looks like the parked cars are waiting for the lights to change

Ludicrous

Edited by Maroon Sailor

24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not being funny but who in their right mind thinks that was a good idea ?

Driving along to Sainsbury's from the roundabout looks like the parked cars are waiting for the lights to change

Ludicrous

Will the council be liable if somebody gets killed getting out of their car in the middle of the road?  Absolutely batshit crazy setup.

They have narrowed the turning from Queensferry Road into Drumbrae, which will be a nightmare for any long vehicles like buses, lorries, etc.

I've been stopped trying to turn right and seen lorries struggle to turn on numerous occasions.

Its unbelievable that these are even signed off as safe.