Piers Morgan

Jeff

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Refused to apologise on air so emptied by all accounts. 

He looks quite pleased with himself for someone who has just been emptied.

I'm not saying that he wasn't sacked, but it looks like he couldn't give a shit

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Jamstomorrow

• The Real Maroonblood

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He doesnt. He is still laughing all the way to the bank. For the 40k + who complained. There are millions who didnt, and out of those millions, there are further millions who agreed with him.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Doogz said:

NSFW or younger ears but if someone could hack his phone and change his ring tone to this ...

:wattie:

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yep, looks like someone who has something else lined up down the line to me. 

3 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

I can take him or leave him and at times he was quite entertaining on the morning show.  However over the last couple of months he was becoming more and more of a bell end culminating in this week's rammy.  He is a way too savy guy and tactically he knows exactly what he is doing or there is some other personal reason he has gone down the path he has.  I just get the feeling that he wanted out of the show. 

The one thing he has said, and I tend to agree with him is that we need the right to retain free speech.  If he calls out Meghan by saying he does not believe a word she has said then rightly or wrongly that is an opinion and one that anyone should have the right to hold.  If they are trying to slap him down on that point, amongst others I know, it is a very dangerous route to take for all of us.  

He already had a role set up with Andrew Neil and the observer group new media channel GB News. He will host some flagship program over there.

The Hogfather
5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

What he fails to realise is that "Free speech" is no defence when either the race card or the mental health card has been played...Nowadays these both trump free speech (trump with a small t). MM played both to prevent both Palace and media from responding aggressively.

What people don't seem to grasp is "free speech" doesn't mean freedom from consequences. It means you can't be arrested for saying what you like, but people are completely free to judge you for what you say.

55 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

What people don't seem to grasp is "free speech" doesn't mean freedom from consequences. It means you can't be arrested for saying what you like, but people are completely free to judge you for what you say.

Not entirely true - there are situations where you can. I believe the key is that it has the effect of causing or inciting harm to someone. Also, things that are banned under other laws such as racism. Otherwise, you could run around screaming the N-word and call it free speech when Plod catches up with you. 

Another example is why you can't shout out BOMB! on an plane as you would likely scare the shit out of everyone onboard. Can't claim free speech for that one either if you end up in front of m'lud.

Edited by trotter

Maroon Sailor

Dedicated to diverse opinion 

The strop from Morgan is looking more and more staged 

WorldChampions1902
23 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

What am I missing?

Maybe it’s just me, but I interpreted the words, “PM is excellent at what he does and I’m sure he’ll be back on the telly soon”, based on my view of PM as an “excellent” bombastic, loud-mouthed bully whose traits will mean he will be back on TV soon.

WorldChampions1902
12 hours ago, Boof said:

For reference d'you need to know something of the history betwixt these two?

Maybe it’s just me, but I interpreted the words, “PM is excellent at what he does and I’m sure he’ll be back on the telly soon”, based on my view of PM as an “excellent” bombastic, loud-mouthed bully whose traits will mean he will be back on TV soon.

Everyone PM interviews from now on, should stand up and leave. Piers Morgan has lost the little or any credibility, he may have still had. 

As for many millions agree with him. That just adds more weight to what H and M have just said. The US might be more openly racist, Britain is just good at hiding it. They've had more practice. 

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Call me a cynic but I’m not so sure it’s not been a plan of sorts. Look at the media frenzy over the clown then he shows up on GB news and their ratings are sky high. 
Morgan uses his “wank” status perfectly he knows exactly what he’s doing. 
Nobody cares what Alex Beresford will ever say again but he’s presented PM with the kind of headlines he probably pulls himself off about. 

9 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Hmmmm, not to sure. The two of them are friends and my view is that he was genuinely defending him.

53 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

NINTCHDBPICT000640788125.jpg.dd275059521953408a8a773f853b8647.jpg

Incapable of individual thought and gets all his views from his old man.

The use of 'weatherman' clearly there in an attempt to belittle.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It's what I mentioned earlier in the thread - the only thing Piers Morgan needs is attention on Piers Morgan. He will do and say what he needs to in order to achieve that.

Starved of the oxygen of people reacting to what he says, he'd either have to up his game or disappear.

Aye I think so man. You’d have to say he’s almost making as many headlines as Harry and Meghan themselves. 
This is absolute gold for him. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Call me a cynic but I’m not so sure it’s not been a plan of sorts. Look at the media frenzy over the clown then he shows up on GB news and their ratings are sky high. 
Morgan uses his “wank” status perfectly he knows exactly what he’s doing. 
Nobody cares what Alex Beresford will ever say again but he’s presented PM with the kind of headlines he probably pulls himself off about. 

I agree.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity.

Gerry Ratner enters the room. "Haud ma beer, but don't drink it, it's crap" 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, ri Alban said:

Gerry Ratner enters the room. "Haud ma beer, but don't drink it, it's crap" 

:lol:

joondalupjambo
21 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

He already had a role set up with Andrew Neil and the observer group new media channel GB News. He will host some flagship program over there.

Ah that will explain why he always went easy on Andrew Neill then.  Cheers for confirming, new something was in the pipeline.

59 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ah that will explain why he always went easy on Andrew Neill then.  Cheers for confirming, new something was in the pipeline.

The new show will have all the Spectator set Tories on every night putting the boot into Scotland. 

Yes, Andrew Neil runs all the expat jockatories. Gove, Fox etc... 

Edited by ri Alban