Piers Morgan

Jeff

Shooter McGavin

Being in the media is a complete minefield. 

The level of scrutiny that follows every comment or action is incredible. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Jamstomorrow

• The Real Maroonblood

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes he was controversial, but no doubt that is why he was hired by GMB in the first place. I just hope whoever replaces Piers Morgan is not a woke, politically correct, virtue signaller like Susana Reid.   

I can understand why she is single!

They are going to rename the show the wide a woke club and tame it right down. Can't upset those 40k moaners.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JackLadd said:

They are going to rename the show the wide a woke club and tame it right down. Can't upset those 40k moaners.

The seethes brilliant.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Just goes to show you how many sad people there are in the UK

This sad acceptance that whatever the 2 yanks say must be the truth and cannot be questioned ever truly makes you understand that the truth may not matter in these media wars

"may not matter" 😂

I have no time for the guy (that'll keep him awake) but if circa 40,000 complained, how many does that leave, didnae?

The silent majority again. :(

6 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

He has stated on tv previously that he votes Labour, so I suspect your assumption is misplaced.

Aye he voted remain, anaw. 

:Aye:

Oh and the North of England and Scotland used to vote Labour. 

Jamstomorrow
7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Still would.

Yes I bet you would!!   I bet you would shag a buttonhole in a fur coat or a hole in a hairdresser's floor!!  Lol.  ;)

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye he voted remain, anaw. 

:Aye:

Oh and the North of England and Scotland used to vote Labour. 

He stated many times that he voted to remain, but he believed in the following the result of the democratic vote in the UK referendum.

Not everyone in the north of England and Scotland voted Labour.  Some did and always will, whilst others voted for different parties.   

Jamstomorrow
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I suspect ratings will fall.

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Maybe it will go back to cheering people up in the morning 

Certainly been dull as **** so far this morning.

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Reid trying to sound and act like Morgan 🤣

She would be better going back to her bed!  :)

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Reid trying to sound and act like Morgan 🤣

That interview was an embarrassment with Facebook. Both shouting above and interrupted answers. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That interview was an embarrassment with Facebook. Both shouting above and interrupted answers. 

Yeah that's when I switched on - so obvious what she was trying to prove 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes I bet you would!!   I bet you would shag a buttonhole in a fur coat or a hole in a hairdresser's floor!!  Lol.  ;)

:oohmatron:

manaliveits105

BBC Scotland radio news are the same - all journalists seem to think now that they have to put people on the rack and ask them questions they dont want asked to rip them apart - whatever happened to just being informative and let people make up their own minds - it just makes the journalist look like erseholes much of the time 

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC Scotland radio news are the same - all journalists seem to think now that they have to put people on the rack and ask them questions they dont want asked to rip them apart - whatever happened to just being informative and let people make up their own minds - it just makes the journalist look like erseholes much of the time 

My thoughts exactly.  Ranting, raving and shouting over people is not the answer.  If that's all anyone sees on tv its no wonder society is turning in to one big episode of Jeremy Kyle.  If they don't answer the question, point out that fact to them and ask them again.  Then ask them why they are avoiding answering and leave it for people with half a brain cell to figure it out for themselves.

I P Knightley

There was a short period of time when I started to feel the Moron was doing some good by holding cabinet ministers to account and forcing them to actually answer the questions that he was asking (and ones that I would have been interested to hear answers to). I felt a little dirty for egging him on virtually. 

However, he seemed to let that positivity towards him go right to his head and became little more than a bully towards those ministers. Latterly, I'd look at those interviews in the same way I'd view an Old Firm match; hoping that a small nuclear bomb would drop and wipe out both sides. 

Recent weeks have replaced my confidence in my judgement of the man as an odious piece of crap and my hero of the week is Alex Beresford for his calm analysis of Moron's position on Meghan and then for telling him he was 'pathetic' when he stormed off. You could tell that Moron was off to the production team to insist on Beresford's removal. The fact that he couldn't cope with a 60 second analysis of his own behaviour when his own approach is to give it relentlessly to a person who has no ability to respond shows him up for what he is. 

No doubt he'll end up on Hate TV with other odious pricks and he'll have his Twitter presence to get up our noses. 

If Princess Meghan is looking for an opportunity to earn some cash, perhaps she could become co-presenter of GMB?

gashauskis9

Can’t stand the prick. Just because you call out politicians and hold them to account (which is your job as a journalist) doesn’t mean you should be endorsed as a hero of the people. In my eyes, he’s a phone hacking, Sun *****.  

I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

My thoughts exactly.  Ranting, raving and shouting over people is not the answer.  If that's all anyone sees on tv its no wonder society is turning in to one big episode of Jeremy Kyle.  If they don't answer the question, point out that fact to them and ask them again.  Then ask them why they are avoiding answering and leave it for people with half a brain cell to figure it out for themselves.

I watched Andrew Marr interviewing Gavin Williamson (the hapless education secretary) on Sunday and liked the approach he took a couple of times. He'd asked questions for which there should have been a 'yes' or 'no' answer; Williamson waffled away on each of them saying stuff like "what we've done is invest...". Marr gave him a few seconds to waffle and then came back with, "what I'm hearing is that that's a 'yes'".  It didn't get Williamson to confirm either way but it unsettled him. 

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Can’t stand the prick. Just because you call out politicians and hold them to account (which is your job as a journalist) doesn’t mean you should be endorsed as a hero of the people. In my eyes, he’s a phone hacking, insider trading, photo faking Sun *****.  

Slight fix - I'm sure there's more. 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I watched Andrew Marr interviewing Gavin Williamson (the hapless education secretary) on Sunday and liked the approach he took a couple of times. He'd asked questions for which there should have been a 'yes' or 'no' answer; Williamson waffled away on each of them saying stuff like "what we've done is invest...". Marr gave him a few seconds to waffle and then came back with, "what I'm hearing is that that's a 'yes'".  It didn't get Williamson to confirm either way but it unsettled him. 

I don't see the point in interviewing politicians.

Most answers are deflective

Then there is the other way of having debates and that just turns in to a mud fight

Edited by Maroon Sailor

12 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I had to read it twice, as I couldn’t believe Lineker had written it! Then the penny did indeed drop. A brilliantly constructed Tweet!

For reference d'you need to know something of the history betwixt these two?

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

For reference d'you need to know something of the history betwixt these two?

I think the phrase "excellent at what he does" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that tweet.

They have a history of Twitter spats, here's what Lineker has said about Morgan previously. 

“Pretend to be outraged by something, someone, anything, that in reality you don’t give two hoots about, then watch them come for you. You’ll claim otherwise, of course. You do it well.”

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/current-affairs/gary-lineker-and-piers-morgan-clash-in-latest-twitter-spat-you-dont-give-a-monkeys-about-the-stuff-you-rant-about/

Morgan has found a profitable niche noising up the Gammonati, Lineker was pointing that out.

12 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

He has stated on tv previously that he votes Labour, so I suspect your assumption is misplaced.

I think he voted Conservative at the last General election. Seen quite a bit of him in GMB this past year and I'm sure he mentioned it and that's part of why he's so angry at the government over handling of brexit/covid. Like many people nowadays, he appears to vote for the party he sees as the best choice at that time rather than staunchly voting for the one party all their lives like in the past. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Par for the course with politicians, highlighted even more so this past year.  Never been so disinterested or disbelieving in politicians as I am now. Completely inept at answering with a simple yes or no. Piers Morgan's biggest down fall was not taking what Alex Beresford said on the chin. Everything he claims to stand for was destroyed by him by his petulance in walking off set during a live broadcast. Shame really as the grillings he dished out to Hancock, Williamson etc have been great viewing and shown them up for the useless politicians that they are. I think Morgan let Beresford get to him as there's possibly a personality clash there and maybe even a dislike for each other. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Journalism used to report on facts alone........now you hear “a source has informed us” or “apparently” or “we have been led to believe” or “speculation would suggest”.......please feel free to add X number of other statements used to allow the media to speculate (guess) on anything they feel like without being accountable.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't see the point in interviewing politicians.

Most answers are deflective

Then there is the other way of having debates and that just turns in to a mud fight

Remember Robin Day.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

They have a history of Twitter spats, here's what Lineker has said about Morgan previously. 

Twitter spats... :rolleyes:

I'm more scunnered with myself for appearing to give the shiniest of shites about either of those overpaid, overexposed, undertalented nonentities.

Morgan a bully, he's had this coming for a while. 

He has people on his show and just shouts at them, doesn't give them a chance to answer. 

Now when soneone stands up to him and gives him a taste of his own medicine he can't handle it and storms off in the huff. 

He might have a point about Markle but he stuck his foot right in the shit with his crassness. 

Good riddance imo. 

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He has people on his show and just shouts at them, doesn't give them a chance to answer. 

Now when soneone stands up to him and gives him a taste of his own medicine he can't handle it and storms off in the huff. 

He might have a point about Markle but he stuck his foot right in the shit with his crassness. 

Good riddance imo. 

I've just seen a bit on the news where he's been interviewed and said that he believes in the right of free speech. This seems to have become the defence call for bullies and bigots: "I can say whatever I damn well please."

Strange how he couldn't cope with 'free speech' when Beresford gave him about 45 seconds of the stuff.

13 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

"may not matter" 😂

I have no time for the guy (that'll keep him awake) but if circa 40,000 complained, how many does that leave, didnae?

The silent majority again. :(

Numbers are irrelevant when it is a social media orchestrated "Everyone complain then maybe we can get him sacked" type stitch-up. Apparently the only complaint that mattered was Meghan herself (who has previously said she didn't pay attention to the media) who must've sat up late in LA to catch GMB on the telly...

I'm not a massive fan of Piers Morgan but for low brow media opinion he was actually great for ITV, but I suspect more suited to Channel 4 from the 80s when it was rebellious (now it is more woke than any of them bar the BBC)...

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I've just seen a bit on the news where he's been interviewed and said that he believes in the right of free speech. This seems to have become the defence call for bullies and bigots: "I can say whatever I damn well please."

Strange how he couldn't cope with 'free speech' when Beresford gave him about 45 seconds of the stuff.

What he fails to realise is that "Free speech" is no defence when either the race card or the mental health card has been played...Nowadays these both trump free speech (trump with a small t). MM played both to prevent both Palace and media from responding aggressively.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Good riddance imo. 

I think he stormed off knowing that it would create more publicity, he is merely working the media 

joondalupjambo

I can take him or leave him and at times he was quite entertaining on the morning show.  However over the last couple of months he was becoming more and more of a bell end culminating in this week's rammy.  He is a way too savy guy and tactically he knows exactly what he is doing or there is some other personal reason he has gone down the path he has.  I just get the feeling that he wanted out of the show. 

The one thing he has said, and I tend to agree with him is that we need the right to retain free speech.  If he calls out Meghan by saying he does not believe a word she has said then rightly or wrongly that is an opinion and one that anyone should have the right to hold.  If they are trying to slap him down on that point, amongst others I know, it is a very dangerous route to take for all of us.  

Edited by joondalupjambo

I watched the clip of the debate between Morgan and Beresford yesterday and it was inevitable that Morgan would be away after that. Beresford handled himself very well during the debate and Morgan walking off the set was petulant and actually very disrespectful.

The problem with employing Piers Morgan as the host of any television show is that the show has to be all about Piers. Piers knows that, ITV knew that and the viewers knew that. It's a classic case of a commercial broadcaster chasing ratings above all other considerations and then having second thoughts when the whole thing gets out of hand. The attitude is if it's 'entertainment' and it makes them money they'll do it as long as they can get away with it.

No-one has impacted Morgan's right to free speech. He can still say whatever he wants. Claiming his free speech has been impeded is just lies.

It's just the public don't want to hear his free speach so his employers emptied him. If customers don't like your product, any sensible business changes it. 

He's just pissed off that, thanks to free speech, people are entitled to say he's a wank, they don't want to listen to him and his employers have acted on that. If he wanted to keep his job, he should have been better at it. 

Jamstomorrow
46 minutes ago, Norm said:

No-one has impacted Morgan's right to free speech. He can still say whatever he wants. Claiming his free speech has been impeded is just lies.

It's just the public don't want to hear his free speach so his employers emptied him. If customers don't like your product, any sensible business changes it. 

He's just pissed off that, thanks to free speech, people are entitled to say he's a wank, they don't want to listen to him and his employers have acted on that. If he wanted to keep his job, he should have been better at it. 

Did he not resign as opposed to be 'emptied by his employers?'

11 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Did he not resign as opposed to be 'emptied by his employers?'

Refused to apologise on air so emptied by all accounts. 

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Refused to apologise on air so emptied by all accounts. 

Good to see a man with strong ethics.   

Nobody went anywhere near his frozen peaches.

A fellow panellist merely questioned his previous remarks (debate is not cancel culture) and the big bairn stormed off in the huff then cancelled himself by quitting the entire show.

:gok: