The Maroon Pound

Raymond Reddington

SectionDJambo

I don't think that the reason for the 10,000+ virtual tickets at Inverness was fully and truthfully explained during the match coverage. It was suggested, as I recall, that it was because Inverness had contributed part of the ticket money during our administration back to Hearts. There was no mention of it being mainly because Inverness are one of the few clubs who supported our view that the Good Friday vote was not satisfactorily carried out, and was certainly subject to some dubious underhand behaviour by the SPFL board, which was not challenged by most of the other clubs. I wondered if the Inverness chap, whilst being interviewed, didn't want to open old wounds.

Arbroath may or may not have joined in with the public kicking of Hearts, but they certainly didn't come out in support of us regarding the financial hit being dumped on the 3 clubs. They were happy to sit back and think about the gate receipts from a couple of visits from Hearts.

The failure of this attempt to piggy back on the success of the Inverness initiative, should discourage others from trying the same. If we are going to repeat the exercise, it would be better if we helped when playing Brora, who were also shafted, and Stranraer, should we qualify to play them in the next round of the cup.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stu_HMFC

• Locky

• Bazzas right boot

• TheBigO

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don't think that the reason for the 10,000+ virtual tickets at Inverness was fully and truthfully explained during the match coverage. It was suggested, as I recall, that it was because Inverness had contributed part of the ticket money during our administration back to Hearts. There was no mention of it being mainly because Inverness are one of the few clubs who supported our view that the Good Friday vote was not satisfactorily carried out, and was certainly subject to some dubious underhand behaviour by the SPFL board, which was not challenged by most of the other clubs. I wondered if the Inverness chap, whilst being interviewed, didn't want to open old wounds.

Arbroath may or may not have joined in with the public kicking of Hearts, but they certainly didn't come out in support of us regarding the financial hit being dumped on the 3 clubs. They were happy to sit back and think about the gate receipts from a couple of visits from Hearts.

The failure of this attempt to piggy back on the success of the Inverness initiative, should discourage others from trying the same. If we are going to repeat the exercise, it would be better if we helped when playing Brora, who were also shafted, and Stranraer, should we qualify to play them in the next round of the cup.

Yep, said at the time 90% of donations were because of the Inverness vote, 9% Robbo and 1% 2013

Auld Reekin'
40 minutes ago, sassenach said:

A fiver?  To receive nowt in return?

I'm a bloody Yorkshireman 🤣

An honorary Scotsman!   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, chubby1973 said:

She's calling us thick, yet has a username of for****sakehibs🤔

Trying to get Hibs fans to give cash when they won’t even give their own club significant donations is hardly solid reasoning either. I doubt the prize of a hearts goodie bag or whatever the **** it is will encourage hibs fans either

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Fact is, as it is, you're only guaranteed 3 home games against the OF. Going down to 2 would it really sink teams? The mentality in our game top to bottom is so small time it hurts.

I have to say, this is a point that really annoys me.  You should only be guaranteed two home games against the Old Firm and could potentially have four before the split if the fixture list was impartial, but we treat the OF differently by ensuring every club gets 3 games.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Trying to get Hibs fans to give cash when they won’t even give their own club significant donations is hardly solid reasoning either. I doubt the prize of a hearts goodie bag or whatever the **** it is will encourage hibs fans either

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see the Hibs fans get behind this.  Most of their supporter celebrate more when we are suffering than when their team achieves some success. 

The shadow of Hearts looms over them at all times.

2 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see the Hibs fans get behind this.  Most of their supporter celebrate more when we are suffering than when their team achieves some success. 

The shadow of Hearts looms over them at all times.

Yep, the 3 sponsored walks were riddled with Hibees donating because they thought they'd upset us. 🤣

Isla if someone is reading this out to you.....it don`t matter to us if fans around the world snap up these tickets. that`s called choice.

International Womens Day has passed but heed this, behind every twat there is an *******.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I can't for the life of me see what hibs fans would actually get out of this.

If they manage to buy a significant amount of virtual tickets (unlikely seeing as they don't even back their own club) it will have no impact on Hearts whatsoever.

what is more likely is that they will make an arse of themselves yet again and one of them will end up the lucky winner of a signed Hearts top

3 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

She's calling us thick, yet has a username of for****sakehibs🤔

She doesna' seem the brightest, does she?

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

I never knew that, everyday is a school day on kickback. 

I only knew that because I once worked in an Archive.

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Another Virtual Game

Not seen this posted, just wanting peoples thoughts seems Arborath are wanting a slice of that Virtual money Inverness got. They voted against us I believe so lets see how successful this will be.

The comments and GIFS after their begging bowl Twitter post are very funny if you are a Hearts fan - not so much if you are Arbroath though :) 

Still no fiver from me though as they can **** off.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

but she is probably the equivalent of einstein of hibs fans

Jambof3tornado
17 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'd rather do a handstand and a shite at the same time.

Sooner shite in my hands and clap!!!

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aye with the post about having to sit down my 14yo sister to tell her why there is so much Hatred to Ireland from the Scots 🙄 she looks about 14 herself silly wee lassie.

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I can't for the life of me see what hibs fans would actually get out of this.

If they manage to buy a significant amount of virtual tickets (unlikely seeing as they don't even back their own club) it will have no impact on Hearts whatsoever.

what is more likely is that they will make an arse of themselves yet again and one of them will end up the lucky winner of a signed Hearts top

😂 seems highly likely. 

7 hours ago, Deevers said:

Hilarious.  They obviously think we’ve forgotten.

I honestly think this is what a lot of chairmen / owners of clubs who voted against us thought would happen.

I think they felt us being demoted wasn't such a bad thing...

Ex member of the SaS

The more they beg the more hurt they are and more cash heading to FoH. Invershnecky was a completely different kettle of fish and I hope they now understand what they did and regret it.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, davieholt said:

My take is they must be pretty desperate to imagine this could fly.

Don't want any club to fold (except St Mirren and possibly Rangers obvs), especially community clubs which help develop the game in wee towns up and down the country.

I really can't get excited about how these clubs voted because they all looked to protect themselves. I'm much more incensed by the voting structure of an association which allows small clubs to threaten the very existence of  otherwise well run full time professional outfits.

I can. Arbroath is an example of a club that could easily have done what Edinburgh City, East Fife and others did and voted to do "no harm". Arbroath had absolutely nothing to lose as they were safe mid table. In fact they were having a decent season and were in the hunt for a playoff spot.

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Brilliant lol. I'm stealing that 🤣

WARNING:

Don't try it! 

GRAVITY!!!

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Isla. Not even one of the better Scottish Islands.

Bet she's had more tourists as well

Edited by Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, TurboT said:

I have to say, this is a point that really annoys me.  You should only be guaranteed two home games against the Old Firm and could potentially have four before the split if the fixture list was impartial, but we treat the OF differently by ensuring every club gets 3 games.

Defenition of a diddy league. 

The format and system couldn't be more set up for them if they tried. 

We should all contribute a (real) fiver, to be collected by Hearts. Surpass the Inverness total. Announce the achievement in a blaze of positive publicity. Have sackloads of fivers driven up to Arbroath.

Then do a KLF - burn the ****ing lot outside their shitehouse of a stadium.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, leginten said:

We should all contribute a (real) fiver, to be collected by Hearts. Surpass the Inverness total. Announce the achievement in a blaze of positive publicity. Have sackloads of fivers driven up to Arbroath.

Then do a KLF - burn the ****ing lot outside their shitehouse of a stadium.

:berra:

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defenition of a diddy league. 

The format and system couldn't be more set up for them if they tried. 

Its embarrassing. The level of whining and entitlement from diddy clubs when they 'only' get one is beyond pathetic. 

How did Chick Young describe Budge? A Squealing pig? Well, I can't think of a more apt phrase to describe these no-mark club chairmen squealing when they don't get their second helping of bigots funding their existence. 

If you cannot survive without away fans you're model is unsustainable. 

7 hours ago, kila said:

The Inverness thing has really made other clubs take notice huh :laugh:

Next up is Brora Rangers’ PPV for the cup tie. Hearts could even say they don’t want to split it. That’ll make Brechin sweat. 

Brora have missed a trick there. They should also have done virtual match tickets at a Fiver a pop and Hearts could let them keep the lot

Malinga the Swinga

If Hibs fans want to donate money to Arbroath, fair enough, no impact on Hearts. 

What happens when Raith or Dunfermline do the same and ask for funds? 

They will end up donating more to other clubs than they do to their own. 

****ing muppets don't realise just how stupid they are. 

8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

then what we do is get one hearts fan (and only one) to pay the fiver and when they win the signed shirt jkb do a raffle for it and give the money to foh

Brilliant idea

3fingersreid

Have the foundation or even the federation ( who were brilliant at getting the ICT tickets done ) passed any comment on this , I know what I’d like them to say ,followed up by a what they said from Hearts . 

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

The comments and GIFS after their begging bowl Twitter post are very funny if you are a Hearts fan - not so much if you are Arbroath though :) 

Still no fiver from me though as they can **** off.

“You should ask Rangers fans, they’ll turn up in person” 😂 

Hibs fans donating is hilarious. 
they’ve raised less in all these years for HSL what we donate in one month .

yet they give money to Arbroath because it may upset us ? 
always in our shadow. Always

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Brora have missed a trick there. They should also have done virtual match tickets at a Fiver a pop and Hearts could let them keep the lot

I think Hearts will publicly say they are happy for Brora to keep the entire lot

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hibs fans donating is hilarious. 
they’ve raised less in all these years for HSL what we donate in one month .

yet they give money to Arbroath because it may upset us ? 
always in our shadow. Always

The football highlight of this year so far for me was reading that FoH has already raised £290,000 plus the  $10,000 supporters contributed financially for ICT.

I know that makes the lochend mob very grumpy.  Losing every week isn't helping either.

Maroon 1874

I noticed that quite a few have mentioned the comments on Twitter, I'm not on it but could someone post some tit bits please

i

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kila said:

I think Hearts will publicly say they are happy for Brora to keep the entire lot

Cracking idea. 

Should be put forward to the club. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

If the prize was a diddy ride from Jennifer Lawrence, I'd maybe pause for thought.

But only for a second. Arbroath can rot along with all the other bowling clubs.

"diddy ride" 

😂

Right up there with"jobbies " as an under used word/ phrase. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cracking idea. 

Should be put forward to the club. 

To be honest I think buying their ppv is enough. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

To be honest I think buying their ppv is enough. 

It gets halfed tho. 

They were done over as well, be another great gesture and two fingers up to the other clubs imo. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It gets halfed tho. 

They were done over as well, be another great gesture and two fingers up to the other clubs imo. 

Still be a big payday for them, but it’s an individual choice. The Inverness thing was quite unique imo given the Robbo connection, the lack of ppv for the match and the active role they took last year. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Have the foundation or even the federation ( who were brilliant at getting the ICT tickets done ) passed any comment on this , I know what I’d like them to say ,followed up by a what they said from Hearts . 

I know what one committee member thinks, I'll no bother repeating it.

They can go and **** themselves. 

The pull for me was John Robertson and the fact ICT had a bit of sympathy during last seasons farce, and also helped us in our time of need.

Arbroath are a bunch of nobodies who can go and die like the rest of the clubs that voted to shaft us. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Still be a big payday for them, but it’s an individual choice. The Inverness thing was quite unique imo given the Robbo connection, the lack of ppv for the match and the active role they took last year. 

Anything to make the likes of Brechin sweat.

I'll buy the PPV because I want to watch Hearts and to give Brora some cash as they were shafted by the pyramid playoffs being cancelled last season. If Hearts were to give up their 50% share from it being a cup tie then I wouldn't object. The more **** you's to the clubs that we're starving of the maroon pound they voted for the better.

3fingersreid
19 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I know what one committee member thinks, I'll no bother repeating it.

Go on , I might learn a new swear word 😂😂

Lone Striker

"We know that in normal times our upcoming match against Hearts would have seen Gayfield full to capacity...."   :rofl:

Oh dear ......  they really haven't been paying attention.  

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Go on , I might learn a new swear word 😂😂

Just bog standard swear words, I just didn't want to quote him here.

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Just bog standard swear words, I just didn't want to quote him here.

👍🏻