The Maroon Pound

Raymond Reddington

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

who the **** would buy a ticket 😂

Sadly people who think a signed Hearts football is worth more than dignity.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hibs fans bought the other 3k odd yet?!

They're still hunting down the back of the sofa to chip in to the HSL Hampden fund.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stu_HMFC

• Locky

• Bazzas right boot

• TheBigO

Brick Tamland
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Aberbrothock can go feck themselves.

I never knew that, everyday is a school day on kickback. 

15 minutes ago, Locky said:

Arbroath fans have bought little over 100, and we've bought 29. :ninja: 

"We" more likely to be "people" saying "they're" "us"

Allowayjambo1874
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

who the **** would buy a ticket 😂

God knows who would buy a ticket but I wouldn’t be surprised if come the match they announce 3-400 have been sold to hearts fans. 

I don’t want to say people are stupid but......don’t know how to finish that sentence!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

"We" more likely to be "people" saying "they're" "us"

Thought that tbh. Then they'll auction the prizes.

Probably a few somewhat neutral fans maybe doing it to win the prizes for their bairns or the likes too.

highlandjambo3

Just posted them this.......

“Hi Arbroath FC,

As a lifelong jambos fan and, a firm and level headed guy, I appreciate your gesture regarding virtual tickets and thank you for the offer.  I would like to claim to be speaking on behalf of every hearts supporter (but I do know if that is the case) However, in light of recent developments I would quite categorically like to say “do one”.

Thanks for your time and effort in surviving this ordeal.

We won’t forget.

Hearts fan”

Yes I know, childish of course but, I feel better now 😊

p.s. should have checked my grandma again 😂

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Just posted them this.......

“Hi Arbroath FC,

As a lifelong jambos fan and, a firm and level headed guy, I appreciate your gesture regarding virtual tickets and thank you for the offer.  I would like to claim to be speaking on behalf of every hearts supporter (but I do know if that is the case) However, in light of recent developments I would quite categorically like to say “do one”.

Thanks for your time and effort in surviving this ordeal.

We won’t forget.

Hearts fan”

Yes I know, childish of course but, I feel better now 😊

p.s. should have checked my grandma again 😂

I think the comments on Twitter from hearts fans echo what you have said very powerfully and not so politely! 

WTF!!....Now I am going to use a phrase I normally loath. Any " real Hearts fan" should have feck all to do with this. Do they think we are all stupid, feck them, HHGH!!

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hibs fans bought the other 3k odd yet?!

Actually, joking aside, I've a thought that these wang - kerrs & others might wedge in & buy these tickets, probably using the bizarre thought that it would be in some way harming/getting it up us? Be honest, if folk wanna waste their money that's up to them, but I'd hope that our club, or least FoH would get it out there that it certainly wasn't the Hearts support that had backed this money making enterprise.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why are Celtic fans not helping clubs who voted for their tainted title? 

Ask one of Dundee's loanees.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They voted to screw over us and the other clubs over, and from what I can tell did not support reconstruction or contribute anything meaningful to the debate, so that's a no. Here's a virtual fiver though - £5.

This, take yer medicine.

Boyces beard

Are these clowns serious?, away and take your maroon brotherhood pish and ram it right up your smokey fart pipe.

Arseholes!

49 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I believe they did support reconstruction although I'm sure somebody will confirm one way or the other.

They did...

Like Dunfermline they panicked at the thought of losing a packed away end after talk of Hearts boycotts. Both clubs knew there was no chance of reconstruction going through.

The fact they have stated on the ad for this virtual ticket that they have given us half the capacity shows their bloody arrogance.

They can slide into the sea.

portobellojambo1
33 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Actually, joking aside, I've a thought that these wang - kerrs & others might wedge in & buy these tickets, probably using the bizarre thought that it would be in some way harming/getting it up us? Be honest, if folk wanna waste their money that's up to them, but I'd hope that our club, or least FoH would get it out there that it certainly wasn't the Hearts support that had backed this money making enterprise.

While it is impossible to say no HMFC fans will take up this offer Nelly I wouldn't be at all surprised if the vast majority of the 29 tickets that have been purchased so far have been purchased by the braindead from Leith. Maybe understandable in as much as they may be desperate to win the signed HMFC shirt and have the opportunity to hang something decent in their wardrobe for once. While I feel that HMFC have been very dignified in offering a signed football top and signed match ball I think the club have done so knowing that there would be little to no take up of virtual tickets by HMFC fans. It would be even nicer if HMFC were to invoice Arbroath for the costs of the match top and ball as well. The PPV details for the match are still to come and again it has to be a case of not purchasing that stream. That aspect can be more difficult because it is more understandable to want to actually watch the game, but there will be streams available online to do so without putting any money directly into Arbroath. I'd like to also hope/think HMFC could seriously consider, once given a date that fans can return to Tynecastle, who we play  in pre season matches this Summer, the likes of Falkirk, Partick Thistle and Stranraer would be clubs to consider, to get some funds their way (even an away trip to Falkirk would be fine, pre season games don't normally attract big gates but exceptions can always be made, and if HMFC are agreeable I assume gate money at Tynecastle can be split).

Edited by portobellojambo1

Oxford City

Leaving all issues of morality aside...

What exactly is this 'virtual ticket' for? ICT sold theirs because the game was on BBC, so those of us who would have paid for a stream for an away game for the first time this season (in order to show thanks to ICT) had no opportunity to do so, and could watch the match anyway.

Therefore, the money for the virtual ICT tickets was instead of paying for that stream. 

The Arbroath game is not on TV, and this 'virtual ticket' does not cover any kind of access to the match - they are apparently selling that separately (on a PPV which is apparently priced at £12 and the vast majority of us will not be buying).

A 'ticket' implies access to something. 

The name 'virtual ticket', therefore, is at best misleading. It is simply a donation to Arbroath and should have been marketed as such. I am sure we all have our views on whether donating to such an enterprise is worthwhile.

Nookie Bear

29 fans paying £5 is still a powerful message from us.

Even if it ends up with 200 forking out, that is £££'s short of what they might have hoped for in the summer.

My take is they must be pretty desperate to imagine this could fly.

Don't want any club to fold (except St Mirren and possibly Rangers obvs), especially community clubs which help develop the game in wee towns up and down the country.

I really can't get excited about how these clubs voted because they all looked to protect themselves. I'm much more incensed by the voting structure of an association which allows small clubs to threaten the very existence of  otherwise well run full time professional outfits.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Oxford City said:

What exactly is this 'virtual ticket' for? ICT sold theirs because the game was on BBC, so those of us who would have paid for a stream for an away game for the first time this season (in order to show thanks to ICT) had no opportunity to do so, and could watch the match anyway.

Therefore, the money for the virtual ICT tickets was instead of paying for that stream. 

The Arbroath game is not on TV, and this 'virtual ticket' does not cover any kind of access to the match - they are apparently selling that separately (on a PPV which is apparently priced at £12 and the vast majority of us will not be buying).

The name 'virtual ticket', therefore, is at best misleading. It is simply a donation to Arbroath and should have been marketed as such. I am sure we all have our views on whether donating to such an enterprise is worthwhile.

The virtual ticket is to have an opportunity of purchasing either a signed HMFC top or a matchball signed by the HMFC team. Anyone that would really like a top or matchball signed by the squad doesn't have to go through this virtual ticket pish, all it needs is a request direct to Hearts and I'm sure the club could arange something. I recently retired and one of my work colleagues had contacted a member of the HMFC management team back in 1998. Part of the retirement present they gave me included a drinks mat which was a photo of the management team kissing the cup at the end of the game at Parkhead, with a signed message added on the back of the mat.

wentworth jambo
17 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While it is impossible to say no HMFC fans will take up this offer Nelly I wouldn't be at all surprised if the vast majority of the 29 tickets that have been purchased so far have been purchased by the braindead from Leith. Maybe understandable in as much as they may be desperate to win the signed HMFC shirt and have the opportunity to hang something decent in their wardrobe for once. While I feel that HMFC have been very dignified in offering a signed football top and signed match ball I think the club have done so knowing that there would be little to no take up of virtual tickets by HMFC fans. It would be even nicer if HMFC were to invoice Arbroath for the costs of the match top and ball as well. The PPV details for the match are still to come and again it has to be a case of not purchasing that stream. That aspect can be more difficult because it is more understandable to want to actually watch the game, but there will be streams available online to do so without putting any money directly into Arbroath. I'd like to also hope/think HMFC could seriously consider, once given a date that fans can return to Tynecastle, who we play  in pre season matches this Summer, the likes of Falkirk, Partick Thistle and Stranraer would be clubs to consider, to get some funds their way (even an away trip to Falkirk would be fine, pre season games don't normally attract big gates but exceptions can always be made, and if HMFC are agreeable I assume gate money at Tynecastle can be split).

What we should have done was agreed that one PHM would buy a ticket - ARbroath get a fiver and the PHM automatically wins the signed shirt....said PHM then auctions the signed shirt at a fiver a pop where all the other PHM buy a ticket with at least £50k going to FoH....the ultimate git it up ye :greggy:

I have just sent them a message on their website to tell them a few home truths. Namely:-

Were they thinking about us, PT and Stranraer when they cast their votes last season? Answer NO

Why should any self respecting Jambo want anything to do with their initiative under those circumstances?

I also pointed out that our initiative with ICT was due to us wanting to suitably support a club who did do the right thing at the right time unlike their appalling excuse for a football club. 

At the end of the day we should just tell clubs like this what we think of them and why. Their  hypocrisy knows no bound it seems to me!

HHGH

Edited by JamboBoy

Oxford City
11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The virtual ticket is to have an opportunity of purchasing either a signed HMFC top or a matchball signed by the HMFC team. Anyone that would really like a top or matchball signed by the squad doesn't have to go through this virtual ticket pish, all it needs is a request direct to Hearts and I'm sure the club could arange something. I recently retired and one of my work colleagues had contacted a member of the HMFC management team back in 1998. Part of the retirement present they gave me included a drinks mat which was a photo of the management team kissing the cup at the end of the game at Parkhead, with a signed message added on the back of the mat.

You are correct.

In my day that was called a 'raffle ticket' rather than a 'virtual ticket.' And £5 seems a lot.

Edited by Oxford City
Mistake

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

What we should have done was agreed that one PHM would buy a ticket - ARbroath get a fiver and the PHM automatically wins the signed shirt....said PHM then auctions the signed shirt at a fiver a pop where all the other PHM buy a ticket with at least £50k going to FoH....the ultimate git it up ye :greggy:

I was going to post something similar earlier on in the thread, but wasn't sure how it would have went down. My thoughts are HMFC have shown dignity in providing both a match top and a signed ball. What they should have said was they would also purchase say 4/5 virtual tickets. I suspect very, very few tickets will be purchased (I genuinely think HMFC probably know that as well) and if HMFC then won both prizes they could have then put both up for auction on our own website and recouped any coststhat way, and made some profit.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Don't want any club to fold (except St Mirren and possibly Rangers obvs), especially community clubs which help develop the game in wee towns up and down the country.

I really can't get excited about how these clubs voted because they all looked to protect themselves. I'm much more incensed by the voting structure of an association which allows small clubs to threaten the very existence of  otherwise well run full time professional outfits.

I think what has become apparent this year is that some teams seem to exist solely as community clubs rather than professional football clubs.

Not sure i want Arbroath to fold but they, and about a dozen others, need to think about what they exist for and give up their professional status.

Rogue Daddy
42 minutes ago, davieholt said:

You're absolutely right about the voting system... in fact, let's just file it under the 'cabal's'  (spfl/sfa) practices in general. However, as PT put it, please vote for 'doing no harm'. There were options out there, it could easily have been solved using two words 'no relegation', at least for one season. Who would have been 'harmed'? Instead, the majority wanted the PT and Maroon pounds it would bring to their gates.... it didn't matter to them that there were clubs that would be 'harmed' as long as they got more money. Plain GREED. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but Arbroath won't get a penny from me.

heartandsoul
13 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Another Virtual Game

Not seen this posted, just wanting peoples thoughts seems Arborath are wanting a slice of that Virtual money Inverness got. They voted against us I believe so lets see how successful this will be.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Arbroath fans have bought little over 100, and we've bought 29. :ninja: 

Ah, the Hibby contribution.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Oxford City said:

Stinking hypocrisy and double dealing.

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Misguided souls or should that be soles given their fishy connections

Stick that up yer smoker ☺️🤑🤑

Hector Riva
13 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'd rather do a handstand and a shite at the same time.

Brilliant lol. I'm stealing that 🤣

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

God knows who would buy a ticket but I wouldn’t be surprised if come the match they announce 3-400 have been sold to hearts fans. 

I don’t want to say people are stupid but......don’t know how to finish that sentence!

Educationally challenged? 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Seen a few Hibs fans reply to the post Arbroath put up just embarrassing donating money to Arbroath cause we aren’t . They couldn’t even hit their 100k for the Semi 😂

88233A3F-7C1E-4E4E-B8FC-3119495A0BF6.jpeg

She's calling us thick, yet has a username of for****sakehibs🤔

Just now, Jambo92 said:

They got £500k from the government a few weeks ago, they must be absolutely laughing. 

And are part time.

Was actually speaking to a L1 club last week who was saying how unfair Partick and Falkirk getting £150k vs the £500k Arbroath and Alloa got.

What they spending a free £500k on, plus the James Anderson £50k? What are their operating costs?

Desperate for our dosh, not unlike all the prem clubs who live.m off OF gates, giving them 3 stands and refusing to look at changing any setups incase they lose their 2 home games per season against them.

Was a definite, in fact quoted, reason given for no construction. Maybe it was even Dundee Utd, who said they didn't want less visits from OF.

Fact is, as it is, you're only guaranteed 3 home games against the OF. Going down to 2 would it really sink teams? The mentality in our game top to bottom is so small time it hurts.

Oh Barry Hearn, save us from this hell.

Japan Jambo
14 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Another Virtual Game

Not seen this posted, just wanting peoples thoughts seems Arborath are wanting a slice of that Virtual money Inverness got. They voted against us I believe so lets see how successful this will be.

Not getting my coin.

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And are part time.

Was actually speaking to a L1 club last week who was saying how unfair Partick and Falkirk getting £150k vs the £500k Arbroath and Alloa got.

What they spending a free £500k on, plus the James Anderson £50k? What are their operating costs?

Desperate for our dosh, not unlike all the prem clubs who live.m off OF gates, giving them 3 stands and refusing to look at changing any setups incase they lose their 2 home games per season against them.

Was a definite, in fact quoted, reason given for no construction. Maybe it was even Dundee Utd, who said they didn't want less visits from OF.

Fact is, as it is, you're only guaranteed 3 home games against the OF. Going down to 2 would it really sink teams? The mentality in our game top to bottom is so small time it hurts.

Oh Barry Hearn, save us from this hell.

It might be interesting to find out how the AGM's of many of these clubs pan out, and what the accounts show. If they aren't having to spend the money they receive on football/covid testing things the salaries of their top directors might make interesting reading if they somehow all receive substantial increases despite having the begging bowls out.

15 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

She's really on a mission that one almost obsessed.

The result of Hearts living rent free in hobos heads I guess.

Silly skank. 🇱🇻

FTH

3 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

She's really on a mission that one almost obsessed.

The result of Hearts living rent free in hobos heads I guess.

Silly skank. 🇱🇻

FTH

She's very active on social media, particularly Facebook. She also attended a Hearts vs Motherwell match a couple of seasons ago, sat in the Hearts end, with a maroon hoody on. Make of that what you will.

24 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

Asking Hibs fans to donate. You gonna get the ugliest of the two proclaimers to do a teary-eyed video to see if you can raise maybe £50 between you all?

Tinpot tramps. 

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

She's very active on social media, particularly Facebook. She also attended a Hearts vs Motherwell match a couple of seasons ago, sat in the Hearts end, with a maroon hoody on. Make of that what you will.

😂 The mind boggles 🤷

14 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Another Virtual Game

HeeHaw!

That's what Arbroath are getting from me!