Hearts v Motherwell

soonbe110

Comfortable win for Hearts squad players today in Bounce game against premier league Motherwell. Goals  for Henderson(2) and Frear.  Late consolation goal for Motherwell 

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Comfortable win for Hearts squad players today in Bounce game against premier league Motherwell. Goals  for Henderson(2) and Frear.  Late consolation goal for Motherwell 

Well done.

Hey good to hear we're able to get some bounce games.  Is this a newish thing or we been able to do that throughout?

Feel sorry for fringe, young, returning players - no outlet for them.  At least some of the loan lads will get games soon now that lower leagues are back too

Do you know lineup?

Robbie said after the game on Saturday reserve friendlies were up and running again.

Edited by DETTY29

55 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hey good to hear we're able to get some bounce games.  Is this a newish thing or we been able to do that throughout?

Feel sorry for fringe, young, returning players - no outlet for them.  At least some of the loan lads will get games soon now that lower leagues are back too

Do you know lineup?

First bounce game I have heard of. 
Bobby/Stewart half each

Logan Darge Berra White

Cochrane MCGill Haring Frear

Kastaneer Henderson 

subs last 15 were Flatman Smith and Denholm 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

First bounce game I have heard of. 
Bobby/Stewart half each

Logan Darge Berra White

Cochrane MCGill Haring Frear

Kastaneer Henderson 

subs last 15 were Flatman Smith and Denholm 

Thanks v much mate.

Great to hear. Getting some minutes into the likes of Haring, Logan, McGill, Cochrane.

Also could be great for Soapy.

Ahhhh shit does normality really beckon!?!?

Henderson can score. I can't see him getting much more in the way of  first team minutes though. Shame, as he's got something to offer. Maybe just not with us.

21 minutes ago, pablo said:

Henderson can score. I can't see him getting much more in the way of  first team minutes though. Shame, as he's got something to offer. Maybe just not with us.

Yep, a strange one. Looks like scoring every time I watch him at the level just below first team. Unfortunately when he gets his chance in first team it’s very seldom, if ever, up front in the middle which is where he excels. Hopefully gets a chance or two once league is won.  

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, a strange one. Looks like scoring every time I watch him at the level just below first team. Unfortunately when he gets his chance in first team it’s very seldom, if ever, up front in the middle which is where he excels. Hopefully gets a chance or two once league is won.  

Quite a common story isn't it. Didn't Calumn Morrison do extremely well on loan spells.

Huge step up to first team, I'd say especially at Hearts. Ann has talked about that transition and it being a focus which is great to hear. Part of Savages remit I'd think.

He do has all the tools, he seems to play in his head too much if that makes sense. Needs to switch his brain aff!

SectionDJambo
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I reckon that Henderson would benefit greatly from having a Jimmy Bone type character playing with him, like John Robertson had. He's obviously not another Robbo, but he seems to have something that isn't getting much encouragement to show. He's not likely to get that encouragement if he's not getting a chance in Hearts first team whilst we are in the second tier.

We don't seem to give the younger players much of a chance these days. They're expected by fans and management to be world beaters from the start.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I reckon that Henderson would benefit greatly from having a Jimmy Bone type character playing with him, like John Robertson had. He's obviously not another Robbo, but he seems to have something that isn't getting much encouragement to show. He's not likely to get that encouragement if he's not getting a chance in Hearts first team whilst we are in the second tier.

We don't seem to give the younger players much of a chance these days. They're expected by fans and management to be world beaters from the start.

Got to agree... when I watch him, he certainly seems, technically, very good. Two feet and a great first touch. Thinking back to the tv series last year, wasn’t he the ‘quickest’ at reacting/thinking in passing exercises with DS? I’d like to see him get more of a chance. 

jamboinglasgow
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Found it fascinating when Lee McCulloch was on the Scarves around the Funnel podcast a couple of months back, he was asked about young players and he talked about Henderson. He said he is one of the best finishers at the club, but he suffers from lack of confidence.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Quite a common story isn't it. Didn't Calumn Morrison do extremely well on loan spells.

Huge step up to first team, I'd say especially at Hearts. Ann has talked about that transition and it being a focus which is great to hear. Part of Savages remit I'd think.

He do has all the tools, he seems to play in his head too much if that makes sense. Needs to switch his brain aff!

Cue Shankly/Lambie(?)- 'Trouble wi' you, son, is that your brains are all in yer heid."

Maybe Henderson would show up better in the first team if he got an actual chance through the middle. He's always punted out wide and it's not his natural game.

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Found it fascinating when Lee McCulloch was on the Scarves around the Funnel podcast a couple of months back, he was asked about young players and he talked about Henderson. He said he is one of the best finishers at the club, but he suffers from lack of confidence.

He is a very good finisher. Second goal today was unstoppable  

16 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Cue Shankly/Lambie(?)- 'Trouble wi' you, son, is that your brains are all in yer heid."

That was Eddie Turnbull addressing Alan Gordon.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Considering we're 15 points clear now, I think Robbie could afford to try a set up where Henderson might look good. Rather than chuck him out on loan, he's held onto him so I would assume that means he rates him. 

The tried and tested big guy little guy set up might give Henderson some joy and confidence. Gnando and Henderson up front together for a few games, give Boyce a rest and let Henderson stake a claim. 

2 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

That was Eddie Turnbull addressing Alan Gordon.

Ah ok thanks

Edited by Wilson

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Considering we're 15 points clear now, I think Robbie could afford to try a set up where Henderson might look good. Rather than chuck him out on loan, he's held onto him so I would assume that means he rates him. 

The tried and tested big guy little guy set up might give Henderson some joy and confidence. Gnando and Henderson up front together for a few games, give Boyce a rest and let Henderson stake a claim. 

Boyce will be away with NI soon so perfect op for it coming up

34 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Boyce will be away with NI soon so perfect op for it coming up

QoS game and Brora cup tie. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

QoS game and Brora cup tie. 

Smith will likely be away as well then, be interesting to see who plays right back

Henderson has pace and often gets in good positions. Goal scoring chances are few and far between in first team, and typically space at a minimum and most teams like to sit in against us - sadly think he will follow similar path to Mr Wighton

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Smith will likely be away as well then, be interesting to see who plays right back

Gordon as well 

Henderson has looked much better last few games imo. Wouldn’t mind him getting a chance here and there. Especially if we’re leading. 

Or in our next couple of cup games. Get him in there next to big Nando and see what happens

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Maybe Aidy White ?

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Maybe Henderson would show up better in the first team if he got an actual chance through the middle. He's always punted out wide and it's not his natural game.

Bumped into Hendo this morning up Dean Village buying a Carabao in the newsagent 😂 would love to see him get the chance . But I’m afraid it will be  making up the match day squad numbers then get the Lewis Moore treatment from Robbie and out the door in the summer . I hope I’m wrong.

When football in league 1 and 2 restarts will Cochrane be loaned back to Montrose. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think Naismith was helping him towards the end of last season, they set each other up for goals and he was being encouraged to run with th ball. He’s definitely got something, along with the pace but does seem to be a bit of a shrinking violet unfortunately. Hopefully he can get a few games alongside our experienced strikers towards the end of the season . 

13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I get the impression when watching Henderson in league games that he doesn't really feel part of the first team squad.

He never appears hungry for the ball and it's as if it comes to him fine, but he isn't confident enough to demand it.

That's a real shame if a young players development is stunted through lack of confidence, and Henderson has definitely got something. Maybe that would be addressed with a decent run in the first team, once the league is won

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

I get the impression when watching Henderson in league games that he doesn't really feel part of the first team squad.

He never appears hungry for the ball and it's as if it comes to him fine, but he isn't confident enough to demand it.

That's a real shame if a young players development is stunted through lack of confidence, and Henderson has definitely got something. Maybe that would be addressed with a decent run in the first team, once the league is won

Hopefully if we can get the league tied up quickly Henderson could get a run of three or four games.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

It is and maybe he should talk to the guy Sean Clare did to get that confidence, it’s something the club should do anyway to see if it helps to get the best out of players. 

Good to see decent comments about our player rather than ‘he’s shite’. Unless they get a wee run in the team you’ll never see them improve or see the job they can do. 

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

If we don’t postpone the QOS game then I’d like to see Gnado and Henderson up front together.

Genuine question and probably going to look daft but why would we postpone the QOS game?

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

If we don’t postpone the QOS game then I’d like to see Gnado and Henderson up front together.

So would I. Give the guy every chance to succeed before end of the season.

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is and maybe he should talk to the guy Sean Clare did to get that confidence, it’s something the club should do anyway to see if it helps to get the best out of players. 

That's a good shout, and I wonder if that side of a young graduate player's development would/should fall under the remit of the Sporting Director

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

That's a good shout, and I wonder if that side of a young graduate player's development would/should fall under the remit of the Sporting Director

Definitely, hopefully this guy will implement these kinds of progressive ideas that will help youngsters progress into the first team. 

22 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

I think all of that will be being worked on.

Ann's (astute) comments on it is that as she sees it, a young players personal development seems to stop when they reach the first team. Like they're given lots of attention, personal coaching, development plans etc, then 1st team graduate, and you're just in with the crowd.

The idea seemed that we keep giving that attention throughout to our youngsters.

Robbie will be on board. I remember when Soapy signed, he was impressed by the plans we had laid out for him and how we'd structured exactly what to improve and how to do it etc. All sounded great. All that sort of minutae seemed to disappear after Robbie left first time.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Genuine question and probably going to look daft but why would we postpone the QOS game?

We will probably have three first team players away on international duty and you used to be able to ask for a game to be postponed. I don’t think we will but not having another right back at the minute could prove problematic. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will probably have three first team players away on international duty and you used to be able to ask for a game to be postponed. I don’t think we will but not having another right back at the minute could prove problematic. 

You'd think Kingsley could switch over with Halliday or White at LB. Most wingers play inwards these days anyway as far as defending on wrong side.

Whos the other 2? Boyce and Gordon?

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

You'd think Kingsley could switch over with Halliday or White at LB. Most wingers play inwards these days anyway as far as defending on wrong side.

Whos the other 2? Boyce and Gordon?

Now that the bounce games seem to be happening again, I hope that means Haring will have a genuine chance to get back to match fitness/sharpness. Will mean we'll have much more flexibility since Halliday can play LB and it sounds like White may be let go at the end of the season? 

Kidd’s Boots

Great to see people talking positively about Henderson. Always gives 100% when ever I’ve seen him involved, gets into the right areas, chases everything,  and agree with the comments about confidence. Whether he is in the plans or not for next season he had a future somewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely we could give Logan a start at RB?

He could start against Brora on the Tuesday and then again against QOTS on the Saturday.

Ron Burgundy
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ah I see, cheers.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think all of that will be being worked on.

Ann's (astute) comments on it is that as she sees it, a young players personal development seems to stop when they reach the first team. Like they're given lots of attention, personal coaching, development plans etc, then 1st team graduate, and you're just in with the crowd.

The idea seemed that we keep giving that attention throughout to our youngsters.

Robbie will be on board. I remember when Soapy signed, he was impressed by the plans we had laid out for him and how we'd structured exactly what to improve and how to do it etc. All sounded great. All that sort of minutae seemed to disappear after Robbie left first time.

I do wonder if it would great benefit us if we had a sports psychologist employed or at least use their services. I am curious what the current scientific view on if they do have a positive effect. But if it can get a player of Henderson to build confidence and self-assurance that allows him to good striker then it would worthwhile.

I would love to see more on the changes they have implemented with the those just out of academy that Ann Budge talked about. As if we can fix that, then it will be a different conversation about the academy than what it is currently.

As for Euan Henderson, would love to see it click for him and that he is given a role as striker. He has already had 70 appearances in senior football at the age of 20. Hopefully we can take him up a level.

Ford Prentice
15 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Surely we could give Logan a start at RB?

He could start against Brora on the Tuesday and then again against QOTS on the Saturday.

Logan is on loan to Cove Rangers (with Cammy Smith) so don't think he could play unless recalled. 

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder if it would great benefit us if we had a sports psychologist employed or at least use their services. I am curious what the current scientific view on if they do have a positive effect. But if it can get a player of Henderson to build confidence and self-assurance that allows him to good striker then it would worthwhile.

I would love to see more on the changes they have implemented with the those just out of academy that Ann Budge talked about. As if we can fix that, then it will be a different conversation about the academy than what it is currently.

As for Euan Henderson, would love to see it click for him and that he is given a role as striker. He has already had 70 appearances in senior football at the age of 20. Hopefully we can take him up a level.

Off topic but I’m asking you because you seem pretty up to date with what’s happening with the youths. There was a plan while CL was here that all levels at the club would play similar formations so young players could step up through the ranks  easier. As far as I know this was implemented up to but NOT including the first team. Are there any plans to get this going and include the first team. It seems like joined up thinking and a step in the right direction. Henderson has been moved up to the first team and played out of position, doesn’t seem the best way to give him his chance. 

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think you've made a valid point, Young players especially are susceptible to dips in form and confidence, particularly around injuries and being out of the team (thinking Cochrane for example). Might be very worth while to employ one of a fulltime basis to be able to help returning players. I think Sean Clare used one and said it really helped him, so there is clearly value to be had there.

I think with footballers, we focus on the physical health but there must be a mental/emotional toll too, we're a fan base that does have expectations, so having that kind of resource on call to lean on as and when they need it (or even to be referred onto from the coaching staff) might be helpful in navigating any bumps they have in the road. Souttar and Haring especially might have went through the ringer mentally with how serious their injuries were. Haring as we've seen him seems to be struggling a bit getting back to where he was so it could help a lot. 

Regarding your academy point, I couldn't agree more. Managing the youngsters mental health in the transition from the academy to first team is important. In a general sense I don't feel the club has managed that transition well for any of the youngsters and there has been what seems like a reluctance to show faith in them and give them that boost in confidence to match their ability. Walkers generation has proven if you show some faith in the kids they will rise to the occasion and its a blight on the club that we've utterly failed to do that since.  

Certainly something the club should investigate. The transfer market is not kind to us, the academy could become an excellent source of quality talent if we learn to integrate it more effectively with our first team.

24 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Logan is on loan to Cove Rangers (with Cammy Smith) so don't think he could play unless recalled. 

Of course he is, totally forgot as they've not been playing.

Interesting one though in terms of what would benefit him most, playing a few first team games (potentially more) or playing every minute for Cove in their remaining fixtures?