• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• jambopilms

• John Findlay

• Jambo-Jimbo

Nookie Bear

The problem with this situation is that you can't criticise her, Harry or both without being accused of either being racist or, now, not taking suicide seriously.

It appears to me that the Royal Family gave them the means to walk away and create a new life. Yes, they are a warped family but there are thousands of those around, but this is a horrendous PR exercise imo

Are the Royals racist? I do not believe so. Are they a nightmare for someone to marry into? Oh yes!

CJGJ puts it better than me tbh

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The problem with this situation is that you can't criticise her, Harry or both without being accused of either being racist or, now, not taking suicide seriously.

It appears to me that the Royal Family gave them the means to walk away and create a new life. Yes, they are a warped family but there are thousands of those around, but this is a horrendous PR exercise imo

Are the Royals racist? I do not believe so. Are they a nightmare for someone to marry into? Oh yes!

What was the reasoning behind this interview ?

Did they have to give it ?

Did she have to mention a conversation that Harry had with someone about the baby's skin colour ?

Couldn't she leave that decision to him to bring up ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

The French and Russians have the right idea about Royalty.

👍

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what happens when you get involved with a narcissist.

Twiglet legs has done a number on him

20201024_150332.jpg.43791b32a86fcddeecbcb7bcbfeac227.jpg

Explain twiglet legs? 

Weakened Offender

I think the past 18 months has shown the Royal Family to be absolute vermin of the highest order. People willing to accept/defend/turn a blind eye to their vile and heinous actions are just as bad. 

JudyJudyJudy

Not the slightest interest in the Royal family . It’s an elitist , outdated institution and needs to be a abolished yesterday . I wouldn’t go as far as What the Russians did to the Romanovs , although it was vey effective . Pension them all off . Sell the castles or use them as tourist attractions where the money goes to deserving charities . On a more human level I applaud Harry for escaping from the cold inhumane toxic environment of “ the firm “ . Good on him and Megan . They are too good for that bunch of zombies . Why would he want to stay in touch with a woman who probably ordered a hit on his own mother ? They are more like. “ The sopranos “ than a respectable family . Get rid of them 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Not the slightest interest in the Royal family . It’s an elitist , outdated institution and needs to be a abolished yesterday . I wouldn’t go as far as What the Russians did to the Romanovs , although it was vey effective . Pension them all off . Sell the castles or use them as tourist attractions where the money goes to deserving charities . On a more human level I applaud Harry for escaping from the cold inhumane toxic environment of “ the firm “ . Good on him and Megan . They are too good for that bunch of zombies . Why would he want to stay in touch with a woman who probably ordered a hit on his own mother ? They are more like. “ The sopranos “ than a respectable family . Get rid of them 

Fair comment.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

👍

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Did she have to mention a conversation that Harry had with someone about the baby's skin colour ?

That last questions is a bit naive. I'm sure they will have discussed together in great detail what each of them would bring up in the interview.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That last questions is a bit naive. I'm sure they will have discussed together in great detail what each of them would bring up in the interview.

I'm sure they did and she won

You can tell he was not comfortable talking about it that's why he shut it down.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Any chance you can explain your twiglet legs comment? 

Jamstomorrow

I may be old and naïve, but why is it racist simply wonder the what skin colour the offspring of a partially mixed race couple might be?  I am sure many a couple, one of whom has brown eyes and dark hair and the other blue eyes and blonde, have queried what their offspring may have?

As for feeling 'suicidal'  Pregnancy and hormones perhaps?   

That prick Piers Morgan is obsessed with her 

Imagine being obsessed with Meghan.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what happens when you get involved with a narcissist.

Twiglet legs has done a number on him

20201024_150332.jpg.43791b32a86fcddeecbcb7bcbfeac227.jpg

She's lit the fuse

Oprah was a comfort blanket

58 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And therein lies the problem with half a story

There's going to be endless speculation now

53 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Yip

35 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good Post

I fear we will never hear the end of them though

25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can tell he was not comfortable talking about it that's why he shut it down.

:levein_interesting:

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Hypocrites of the highest order moaning about media intrusion then whoring themselves to the media at every opportunity after moving abroad. I have total contempt for the whole shower of shit but if they achieve the downfall of the monarchy, they'll get a wee nod from me.

The Queen is 95 next month and when she finally goes, that should be it. Buck House, Windsor Castle and Balmoral to then be turned into museums. The Queen's dysfunctional family to be given jobs at sports direct and minging flats in Tower Hamlets. What happens after that is up to them. And a generous helping of porridge for Prince Andrew to top it off.

👍👍

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

One unnamed royal was accused of racism. Voicing their concerns at how dark the babies skin tone would be.

I wonder which royal that was? 🤔

Could be any of them to be honest .

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Who knew the media would roll out every Royal correspondent, who would lose all their privilege if they side with Harry. And every last one of them are white upper class elitists. 

Pathetic. 

I know that Nicolas Twitchell crawls right up their arse it’s sickening . 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Imagine being obsessed with Meghan.

:levein_interesting:

Seems like you are obsessed with me

Have I got the wrong thread ? Thought this was about Harry and Meghan

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I may be old and naïve, but why is it racist simply wonder the what skin colour the offspring of a partially mixed race couple might be?  I am sure many a couple, one of whom has brown eyes and dark hair and the other blue eyes and blonde, have queried what their offspring may have?

As for feeling 'suicidal'  Pregnancy and hormones perhaps?   

I must be racist because i never really noticed Meghan was black until it became an issue. She is a very pretty lady but Harry is welcome to her 🙂

Jeffros Furios

James O'Brien on LBC has just played a clip of various so called Royal experts giving thier opinions on the Oprah interview,

The problem is they gave thier biased views hours before the programme was aired .

Very bizarre .

18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not sure about that. They get the story out there by her mentioning it and then he gets to stay clear of it by saying he doesn't want to go into the details. Would look silly if he raised it then refused to talk more about it. Strategy.

I think as Harry has grown up he has realised how heartless the Royal family is. He resents them for the way his mum was treated and he probably looks back at how they had him parading the streets of London following her funeral cortege when she died, stiff upper lip and all, and realises how shameful that was.

He has always been a bit different to the rest of them and I don't really buy into the big, bad, Meghan being a negative influence on him narrative.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Not sure about that. They get the story out there by her mentioning it and then he gets to stay clear of it by saying he doesn't want to go into the details. Would look silly if he raised it then refused to talk more about it. Strategy.

I think as Harry has grown up he has realised how heartless the Royal family is. He resents them for the way his mum was treated and he probably looks back at how they had him parading the streets of London following her funeral cortege when she died, stiff upper lip and all, and realises how shameful that was.

He has always been a bit different to the rest of them and I don't really buy into the big, bad, Meghan being a negative influence on him narrative.

Why not name and shame ?

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why not name and shame ?

Personal choice not to go that far I guess. Lack of evidence of it having happened could get someone making such accusations into a fair bit of bother. Could just be that it is such a senior member of the Royal Family that outing them in that way would leave him completely ostracised.

There have been plenty instances in the past where people with a profile have said that such and such a thing has happened to them, then refused to name the offender. Ulrika immediately springs to mind.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Barack said:

He'll be apoplectic this morning. Lovely.

Assume he'll be on the lunchtime news, putting his own spin on the "impartial" BBC reporting. 

:) 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Completely  agree,  Hes very similar to Diana who wore her heart on her sleeve and wasn't afraid to show her emotions and talk about her mental health.  This was revolutionary stuff back in the 90s and sadly she paid for it with her life.  Harry is just too good for that cold heartless bunch. He is making his mental health and his wife and children's mental and emotional well being his priority. It would have only got worse if they had stayed.  Like I said I believe we need to get shof of the Royals yesterday but i wish him and his family well for the future.  

A Boy Named Crow
21 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

James O'Brien on LBC has just played a clip of various so called Royal experts giving thier opinions on the Oprah interview,

The problem is they gave thier biased views hours before the programme was aired .

Very bizarre .

I posted a link to this sting back at the start of this thread,  utter vermin!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Personal choice not to go that far I guess. Lack of evidence of it having happened could get someone making such accusations into a fair bit of bother. Could just be that it is such a senior member of the Royal Family that outing them in that way would leave him completely ostracised.

There have been plenty instances in the past where people with a profile have said that such and such a thing has happened to them, then refused to name the offender. Ulrika immediately springs to mind.

I just don't see what the point of bringing that conversation up was in this interview.

It's reasonable to assume it's someone he is fond of and close to.

I like Harry, unfortunately he couldn't lead his own life as the spare and I think he is better off out it - but the two of them really should just get on with their family life and stop courting publicity as was their wish in the first place.

manaliveits105
54 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Explain twiglet legs? 

They are salty when you lick them ?

SectionDJambo

The thing I find a bit uncomfortable about the whole Royal Family "duty" thing, is that a child born into the family, seems to have a little or no option but to join the "family business", as far as the establishment and a vast number of the UK public seem to think.

Why can't any of them, no matter how close they are to accession to the Crown, make their own life decisions of what they wish to do with their lives? Why can't they take up an occupation or way of life that they want to, albeit without any financial support from the state? I realise that Harry has benefited from his connection to the Royals, but the notion that he can't just change his job, like anyone else, seems to be something that most people wouldn't tolerate for themselves.

In the village where I now live, there once was a coal mine boss who, whilst he provided housing, jobs and amenities for the miners, demanded much in return. One of those things was some control over the families of the miners. There was a story, much repeated amongst old miners, most of whom have now passed, of a young man who had ambition to get a job outwith the mine, so that he could realise his ambitions in life. His father was told, by the coal mine boss, that if his son didn't follow him into his chosen job as a miner in the local mine, the family would no longer be able to live in their house and he would lose his job at the mine. The census of opinion was always that this was a disgraceful state of affairs and typical of the bullying of the working man that was prevalent at the time. 

Such interference in someone's life should be a thing of the past. As far as the publicity is concerned, you have the choice not to watch, listen, read or contribute in any way to them gaining from such exposure.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The thing I find a bit uncomfortable about the whole Royal Family "duty" thing, is that a child born into the family, seems to have a little or no option but to join the "family business", as far as the establishment and a vast number of the UK public seem to think.

Why can't any of them, no matter how close they are to accession to the Crown, make their own life decisions of what they wish to do with their lives? Why can't they take up an occupation or way of life that they want to, albeit without any financial support from the state? I realise that Harry has benefited from his connection to the Royals, but the notion that he can't just change his job, like anyone else, seems to be something that most people wouldn't tolerate for themselves.

In the village where I now live, there once was a coal mine boss who, whilst he provided housing, jobs and amenities for the miners, demanded much in return. One of those things was some control over the families of the miners. There was a story, much repeated amongst old miners, most of whom have now passed, of a young man who had ambition to get a job outwith the mine, so that he could realise his ambitions in life. His father was told, by the coal mine boss, that if his son didn't follow him into his chosen job as a miner in the local mine, the family would no longer be able to live in their house and he would lose his job at the mine. The census of opinion was always that this was a disgraceful state of affairs and typical of the bullying of the working man that was prevalent at the time. 

Such interference in someone's life should be a thing of the past. As far as the publicity is concerned, you have the choice not to watch, listen, read or contribute in any way to them gaining from such exposure.

I had a young lad on my ship who was totally uncomfortable being a Sailor. It just wasn't the life or career for him and hated every minute of it.

He was close to tears on numerous occasions and it turned out he only joined up because of his Dad. 

He eventually got himself out and I hope he ended up doing what he wanted to do.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I had a young lad on my ship who was totally uncomfortable being a Sailor. It just wasn't the life or career for him and hated every minute of it.

He was close to tears on numerous occasions and it turned out he only joined up because of his Dad. 

He eventually got himself out and I hope he ended up doing what he wanted to do.

Yes this to happens quite a lot with lads. girls  joining the military or police etc. Just joining due to their father or mother doing it before. I do hope he got out if he wasnt happy.

She wanted to join the firm but didn't want to play by the firm's rules. She thought she could join up and do her own thing.

It's like me joining the military then moaning at what I am expected to do or act like.

She couldn't stand be second fiddle and acted like a spoilt brat.

At the end of it she has got what she craved, fame and fortune. Doesn't matter who she drags down.

Oprah, James Corden, book deals, Netflix. She wasn't going to get there by talent and she wasn't going to get there by being a good royal, she got their by selling stories and scandal.

If you play the race card nobody can then say you are an attention seeking brat or they are a clear racist.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Harry often refers to Charles as just Charles and not dad.:levein_interesting:

Ive been amazed that no one has managed to nick a sample of Harrys dna.  Dont need blood a hair or pube lol  is sufficient.  A hair being the easiest one to get .  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I actually don’t think racism is the black and white most do. 

LOL was this intentional ? Very clever if it was 

Fact is they have left the firm, live where they want and earn plenty of their own money. There was no need for this interview apart from self publication or a need from Megan to show she didn't succeed as a royal because she is a victim. No way this was Harry's doing.

Maroon Sailor

15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

She wanted to join the firm but didn't want to play by the firm's rules. She thought she could join up and do her own thing.

It's like me joining the military then moaning at what I am expected to do or act like.

She couldn't stand be second fiddle and acted like a spoilt brat.

At the end of it she has got what she craved, fame and fortune. Doesn't matter who she drags down.

Oprah, James Corden, book deals, Netflix. She wasn't going to get there by talent and she wasn't going to get there by being a good royal, she got their by selling stories and scandal.

If you play the race card nobody can then say you are an attention seeking brat or they are a clear racist.

Pretty much the way I see it

I didn't even know who she was before her relationship with Harry

The Prince and the Showgirl

Edited by Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Well he did but he went about it the wrong way 

He did a runner !

I think that also highlighted there was no real support or understanding in those days to people suffering in silence.

Pretty much the way I see it

I didn't even know who she was before her relationship with Harry

The Prince and the Showgirl

Oh right. Least he achieved his objective 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Fact is they have left the firm, live where they want and earn plenty of their own money. There was no need for this interview apart from self publication or a need from Megan to show she didn't succeed as a royal because she is a victim. No way this was Harry's doing.

I agree

Jambo-Jimbo

Well that's one way to burn your bridges.

Guess they won't be getting a Christmas card from the Palace this year.

Meghan knew exactly what she was getting into when she married Harry.

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just had a look at Twitter. That was enough to convince me to log off Twitter straightaway. The two of them want their privacy so I'll happily do that by ignoring them and this interview.

There seems to be a broad confusion between "wanting privacy" (in terms of not wanting the kind of intrusion that some people are subject to) and living a public life.

I saw it described as: if I tell you that I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast, it's very different to finding you in the bushes in my back garden with a long lens camera so that you can tell everyone what I'm having for breakfast.

The trouble with our tabloid press (and many who talk in the same way) is that they're talking as though giving an interview (where they control the agenda) is, somehow, giving permission for intrusion.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It was the family. But the Queen and Phil are not in the frame. It was either his Da or Brother or either of the wives. 

I saw some of the quotes from the conversation and was wondering when they talk about "the family" whether it's 'family' as you and I would describe: brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents etc. or if it's 'family' as in The Godfather.

I'm just guessing here but I've been thinking that the members of the actual family (the ones who stand on the balcony) are little more than puppets for a bigger industry and it could be anyone in any of the buildings who is classed as 'family' in running the show.

And Piers Moron is a twat. It makes me very uncomfortable that a woman says that she had suicidal thought and it is instantly dismissed by many, including that pie-faced harse, as attention-seeking, narcissistic drama. It's not unfeasible to believe that a few months in that environment would lead someone to desperate thoughts. It may be dramatised but that shouldn't be a compassionate human being's first reaction.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What was Harry doing while his wife was depressed ? Or is it just the other royals that had to support her.

Exactly, you'd have thought he would have been supporting his wife.

I wonder why Oprah never asked Meghan that question. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, you'd have thought he would have been supporting his wife.

I wonder why Oprah never asked Meghan that question. 

I really doesn't paint him in a good light as you would imagine he was the first one to turn to. It being portrayed as he has no part to play in this problem but the rest of them let her down.

As you say no real questions were asked to get to the bottom of it all. It was a one sided publicity stunt, not a fair investigation.

Is there anyone on here, that actually cares two hoots about them or the remaining royal family? Honestly don't get it. Headline news on every channel but I have never met anyone, apart from a couple of females that loved Di, that had any interest in them. So who are the news channels aiming at?

Shanks said no

I just looked up the line of succession and If Harry ever did have a DNA test and if something fatal happened to the Cambridge’s, I realised who would be king after Charles ! 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Cade said:

The French and Russians have the right idea about Royalty.

The Russians treated any opposition to the successors to the Tsars similarly. And continue to do so.

Ditto the Chinese with the successors to their emperors.

Unfortunately Harry and Meghan are just reinforcing the wide public support for the British Royal Family. She might almost be a Royalist plant.

Speaking as a Republican.

Edited by Francis Albert

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think the past 18 months has shown the Royal Family to be absolute vermin of the highest order. People willing to accept/defend/turn a blind eye to their vile and heinous actions are just as bad. 

Fair point but there’s plenty of evidence all through history that shows this. 

Statts1976uk

Just being on the cynical side of all this, it is interesting with the links between the Sussexes, Tyler Perry and Oprah. How much money are they generating and how much exposure are they getting through this, it would be interesting seeing what their endgame plans are.