Meghan and Harry

Sharpie

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Genuine question. Did she say why she was doing the interview ? 

The whole I was silenced and now I found me voice is irritating me too. The folk she sacked and signed non disclosure papers, are they being silenced or is that ok. Their mental health or them being victims not matter ?

What was the purpose of it all, she wanted in, she didn't like it and left. Now one of the richest royals living in LA. What was the point of it. Revenge, publicity ? She has ruined Harry's chance of being part of his own family, for what ?

Good post.   The whole thing seemed a very twisted arrangement - but money is probably the answer to all your questions. :smile:

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• jambopilms

• John Findlay

• Jambo-Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good post.   The whole thing seemed a very twisted arrangement - but money is probably the answer to all your questions. :smile:

She did make a point of saying they weren't being paid for the interview - so important I'm pretty sure they said it twice - so cannot be that. Not sure if they were splitting hairs/heirs and their "charity/foundation" is getting paid so technically they are not? I think this was pure opportunistic PR to maintain or clean up their "brand" so that they can set up in competition to the RF in LA. Sling mud and CYA with a double whammy of racism and mental health, so that the Palace cannot respond and also so they cannot be stripped of their titles which don't matter to them one minute but matter the next as they mean secutiry, but they actually don't...oh I don't know, it's a total dog's dinner (but Sturgeon will be a fan of them now for the distraction!)

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

She did make a point of saying they weren't being paid for the interview - so important I'm pretty sure they said it twice - so cannot be that. Not sure if they were splitting hairs/heirs and their "charity/foundation" is getting paid so technically they are not? I think this was pure opportunistic PR to maintain or clean up their "brand" so that they can set up in competition to the RF in LA. Sling mud and CYA with a double whammy of racism and mental health, so that the Palace cannot respond and also so they cannot be stripped of their titles which don't matter to them one minute but matter the next as they mean secutiry, but they actually don't...oh I don't know, it's a total dog's dinner (but Sturgeon will be a fan of them now for the distraction!)

So well played to them.

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Statement o'clock

short and sweet. press trying to pour petrol on a difficult situation, olive branch offered.

22 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

short and sweet. press trying to pour petrol on a difficult situation, olive branch offered.

That's not what the Markle's Netflix paymasters want. 

A more distanced view on the melodrama.  If you're sensitive about reading a foreign and non-royalist perspective you may wish to skip to the next post.

Irish Times - Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete

If you couldn't be arsed, or like me just hate the paywall that might appear, here are some extracts to give you a sense of the piece.  I see why the writer offers the last line, but I'm not convinced he's right.  Time will tell, I s'pose.

"Having a queen as head of state is like having a pirate or a mermaid or Ewok as head of state. What’s the logic?"

"They’re [the royals] basically a Rorschach test that the tabloids hold up in order to gauge what level of hysterical batshittery their readers are capable of at any moment in time."

"Traditionally, us peasants would be nervously picking a side and retrieving our pikes from the thatch. Luckily, these days the pitched battles happen in television interviews."

“'Did you blindside the queen?' asks Oprah, conjuring up an image of Harry sucker-punching her with a karate chop."

"Arranging a Netflix deal that the couple actually have to work for is pretty benign royal behaviour when you compare it with conquest and general parasitism."

"This was about the potential union of two great houses, the Windsors and Californian Celebrity. Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal."

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Markle in the post I quoted, elsewhere in this thread, and also Beresford here and elsewhere. About his sixth post in half an hour and one of a dozen or more over the past day or so where he had a go at "poc" or "bame" simply for being such. It's a longstanding pattern, one which having had it pointed out might hopefully help change.

You are aware that there are more black people on this earth than white? So they are the majority.

Or do you mean they are less in the UK and USA?

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

A more distanced view on the melodrama.  If you're sensitive about reading a foreign and non-royalist perspective you may wish to skip to the next post.

Irish Times - Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete

If you couldn't be arsed, or like me just hate the paywall that might appear, here are some extracts to give you a sense of the piece.  I see why the writer offers the last line, but I'm not convinced he's right.  Time will tell, I s'pose.

"Having a queen as head of state is like having a pirate or a mermaid or Ewok as head of state. What’s the logic?"

"They’re [the royals] basically a Rorschach test that the tabloids hold up in order to gauge what level of hysterical batshittery their readers are capable of at any moment in time."

"Traditionally, us peasants would be nervously picking a side and retrieving our pikes from the thatch. Luckily, these days the pitched battles happen in television interviews."

“'Did you blindside the queen?' asks Oprah, conjuring up an image of Harry sucker-punching her with a karate chop."

"Arranging a Netflix deal that the couple actually have to work for is pretty benign royal behaviour when you compare it with conquest and general parasitism."

"This was about the potential union of two great houses, the Windsors and Californian Celebrity. Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal."

Irish Times? Hardly distanced.

Like most things Irish...to be ignored.

Jamstomorrow
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Irish Times? Hardly distanced.

Like most things Irish...to be ignored.

Creful now down with that sort of thing..jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

This is it. Whether they got paid here and now, they’ll get paid in the long run. Oprah owes them the biggest favour of her life and a lot of people seem to have bought the I’m-so-oppressed-and-hard-done-to act. It’s all about PR and monetising their brand.

All that shite about not being allowed to attend the Commonwealth event - the only reason Markle would want to be anywhere near that is to keep herself in the public eye. No interest in the event itself

A Boy Named Crow
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

An even more distant,  but much more directly involved piece from the Gruaniad's Australian site.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/10/the-dysfunctional-callous-royal-family-is-a-profoundly-weird-thing-for-australia-to-hitch-our-cart-to

tldr 

The royal family is cruel and dysfunctional,  so why would Australia bother with them. 

Ainsley Harriott

Doing a bombshell interview with Oprah seems a strange way to gain privacy. Seems Harry didn't want to participate in being a working royal then took the huff when his funding was pulled.

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You are aware that there are more black people on this earth than white? So they are the majority.

Or do you mean they are less in the UK and USA?

I am aware of that, yes. I would hope you were fully aware Jack wasn't talking about Africa, etc., when discussing people who live in the UK/US. Context. Useful.

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I am aware of that, yes. I would hope you were fully aware Jack wasn't talking about Africa, etc., when discussing people who live in the UK/US. Context. Useful.

As we are all Jock Tamson's bairns I dont differeniate.

Its certainly encouraging to hear the great strides America has made very recently to tackle racial abuse and discrimination.

The amount of US commentators, celebrities so shocked and disgusted at the suggestion someone mentioned a baby could be black. 

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its certainly encouraging to hear the great strides America has made very recently to tackle racial abuse and discrimination.

The amount of US commentators, celebrities so shocked and disgusted at the suggestion someone mentioned a baby could be black. 

TBF their last President had more of a problem with Hispanics, until BLM came about and the racial tensions between black and whites got in on the show...

Of course I am being a bit facetious, as it is well-known that the people who are most disapproving of illegal immigrants are legal immigrants. 

Edited by Spellczech

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Cartoon from today's Times.

OOOFFFTTT    :arry:                       :gok:

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Doing a bombshell interview with Oprah seems a strange way to gain privacy. Seems Harry didn't want to participate in being a working royal then took the huff when his funding was pulled.

Indeed.   👍   The phrase "working royal"   seems to be a relatively recent  unofficial title used by the media.    Some might describe it as  an  absurd oxymoron though.    :whistling:

48 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed.   👍   The phrase "working royal"   seems to be a relatively recent  unofficial title used by the media.    Some might describe it as  an  absurd oxymoron though.    :whistling:

Did it not come about when they had a previous existential crisis and the Queen got forced to curtail the socal list or whatever it was called because it turned out there were all these cousins with titles such as Gloucester and Kent doing very little but getting grace & favour homes plus incomes?

To be fair to Charles he has always recognised the need to trim down the Monarchy and has butted heads with Andrew on a few occasions over this. The irony is that Harry was always included in the Charles' plans until he decided unilaterally to quit and move overseas but then still expected Royal Protection Squad 24hr security - Charles, William and the Queen correctly recognised that the public would never accept this. Clearly Harry was incapable of understanding the pulse of the nation, and blamed his own father...The guy has issues clearly, and is prone to acting on impulse and temper tantrums. It is probably best that he is not involved in the military anymore (though this seemed to be another area where he wanted to have his cake and eat it)

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Did it not come about when they had a previous existential crisis and the Queen got forced to curtail the socal list or whatever it was called because it turned out there were all these cousins with titles such as Gloucester and Kent doing very little but getting grace & favour homes plus incomes?

To be fair to Charles he has always recognised the need to trim down the Monarchy and has butted heads with Andrew on a few occasions over this. The irony is that Harry was always included in the Charles' plans until he decided unilaterally to quit and move overseas but then still expected Royal Protection Squad 24hr security - Charles, William and the Queen correctly recognised that the public would never accept this. Clearly Harry was incapable of understanding the pulse of the nation, and blamed his own father...The guy has issues clearly, and is prone to acting on impulse and temper tantrums. It is probably best that he is not involved in the military anymore (though this seemed to be another area where he wanted to have his cake and eat it)

Maybe it’s just me and without arguing the right and wrongs of the royals and their entitlements but I’d have thought the son and grandson of the heir to the throne deserved royal protection. 

Jamstomorrow
56 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe it’s just me and without arguing the right and wrongs of the royals and their entitlements but I’d have thought the son and grandson of the heir to the throne deserved royal protection. 

If they had not naffed orf to America, they would have got it.

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If they had not naffed orf to America, they would have got it.

I thought they said they moved because they were not getting protection. 

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I thought they said they moved because they were not getting protection. 

I thought they moved because of the alleged press hounding and her alleged mental issues.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Just you

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

It was called the civil list.

Ginger Whinger Hewitt was crying about being 'trapped' before Markle. Wanted a ticket out and got it, now he's crying about paying his own bills in a Hollywood mansion. 

When you refuse to name names it generates speculation

Who was this mysterious third party who talked about the child's colour and what were the circumstances of the conversation ?

Who refused Megan help when she asked for it ?........Given her husbands background I doubt there is nothing he could not have arranged direct to help her but if it was refused then name that person instead of allowing anyone and everyone to be mentioned

The other matters are far more simply explained such as why the child is not automatically a prince and why security was an issue if they were going to live abroad

Maroon Sailor

I just don't see him wanting to have brought that conversation up about the skin colour.

The fact she did and that she was only told herself about that conversation doesn't sit well with me. Should have left it to Harry

But seeing as she let the cat out the bag they had to name the person imo. If you are putting the boot in, put the whole boot in.

The boot, the whole boot and nothing but the boot

48 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I thought they moved because of the alleged press hounding and her alleged mental issues.

Alleged press hounding ? 😂😂😂

On 08/03/2021 at 03:35, Maple Leaf said:

I watched the interview.  My wife wanted to watch it, and I could have left the room, but I stayed.  My mistake!

It's just the latest evidence that the royal family is just a bunch of dysfunctional, self-serving twats whose lives are run by mysterious people behind the scenes who are obsessed with the Royal Family's image. 

Charlie stopped taking his son's calls, Harry and William have "distanced" themselves. Those clowns are living in a soap opera.

Yip one sided interview with no evidence to verify their claims and you find the royals guilty well she never bothered about her own family did she

.And Harry hypocritical comment that he told Megan about their child’s skin colour comment by a member (who was it ) maybe they would be sued if they reveal it without actual proof  and he forgets that his friend in the regiment who he called racist nicknames was  he said of the comment it was with no malice 

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When you refuse to name names it generates speculation

Who was this mysterious third party who talked about the child's colour and what were the circumstances of the conversation ?

Who refused Megan help when she asked for it ?........Given her husbands background I doubt there is nothing he could not have arranged direct to help her but if it was refused then name that person instead of allowing anyone and everyone to be mentioned

The other matters are far more simply explained such as why the child is not automatically a prince and why security was an issue if they were going to live abroad

Despite the seriousness of the allegations, it’s unfair to raise these so publicly and in such a controlled environment. 

Unless there is an actual record of the royal family refusing to help, for instance, then what are they supposed to say? They can say it’s bollox but are on a hiding to nothing here. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Despite the seriousness of the allegations, it’s unfair to raise these so publicly and in such a controlled environment. 

Unless there is an actual record of the royal family refusing to help, for instance, then what are they supposed to say? They can say it’s bollox but are on a hiding to nothing here. 

Call out race and mental health then you are unquestionable.

So many half truths, contradiction and some full blown lies that they don't have to answer for.

Why is Harry not responsible for her education into being a royal. He was one for a long time. Moaning about she didn't know protocol etc because nobody told her ? Harry ?

Why not say you have a shit relationship with the media for some valid reasons. Why say it's about race, which is just an opinion rather than fact.

Does she want Archie to be a prince or not she doesn't even know but that's the firm's fault.

Why is it OK to silence staff when they are sacked or have left with a non disclosure. Would it be OK if they suddenly find their voice.

At least there is a little bit more in the media questioning all this today, rather than the all out pity fest we had to endure yesterday.

Abolish the monarchy.

Hopefully the Royals refuse and we all get to fight her knights on the steps of Buckingham Palace.

I'd love to be the one who beheads Rod Stewart in a sword fight. Andy Murray might be more trickier with his swing but I guess keep him off his backhand swing and keep moving till the hip becomes an issue then move in for the coup de grace.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So many half truths, contradiction and some full blown lies that they don't have to answer for.

Why is Harry not responsible for her education into being a royal. He was one for a long time. Moaning about she didn't know protocol etc because nobody told her ? Harry ?

Why not say you have a shit relationship with the media for some valid reasons. Why say it's about race, which is just an opinion rather than fact.

Does she want Archie to be a prince or not she doesn't even know but that's the firm's fault.

Why is it OK to silence staff when they are sacked or have left with a non disclosure. Would it be OK if they suddenly find their voice.

At least there is a little bit more in the media questioning all this today, rather than the all out pity fest we had to endure yesterday.

I am going to say it: I don’t believe her. 

She didn’t fit in because of her background and neither side were going to compromise to make that easier. It happens. 

(This does not excuse the media’s treatment of her, which is another matter imo)

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

As we are all Jock Tamson's bairns I dont differeniate.

Which is laudable. Would that this were not just a universal trait among us all, but applied universally, and that so many weren't subject to a much different experience in life on account of such differences, but here we are.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Which is laudable. Would that this were not just a universal trait among us all, but applied universally, and that so many weren't subject to a much different experience in life on account of such differences, but here we are.

Being of an older generation I go far enough back when in Edinburgh racism was highly prevalent, in fact if you weren't from Edinburgh or at least Scotland you could be subject to racist comments regardless of color, or anything else. When old enough to go out into the big world I became a subject of it, haggis basher, don't ask the Scotsman to pay we don't want to watch him cry, such jabs minor by comparison say to the type seen and heard by particularly Americans, particularly during the war years when black and white from the States were somewhat forced into such close quarters. Basically after the war years and the rush of immigration it became easier to accept others as equals, no more describing them as DP's ie displaced persons. Then quite a bit later came the almost revolution the home of racism, the good old USA being confronted and successfully by the likes of MLK and his heart wrenching speeches. The process although slow has been reasonably successful, there are still everywhere blips when it comes up but effort is made to alleviate them. For someone who has lived through the fairly high percentage success it comes difficult to watch someone like Ms Markle use racism as one of her arguments in the breakdown of relations between her husband, herself and his family. If they are as powerful as claimed how did she get in the door at all, they in the past and still have the power to have shipped Harry somewhere for a job that Sherlock Holmes could not find him, she Ms Markle would suddenly have had visa problems or whatever to get her out of the Country. I am sure their life in the House was not the best, but there were other ways to deal with it, I a reformed racist, take exception to her using that particular facet when there is no substantial proof to prove it.

Lone Striker
16 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Yep ....  a strange irony that a Hollywood TV actress who took full advantage of the entertainment media attention to further her career  is now complaining at UK media attention.   As you say, surely Harry warned her what life was going to be like if she said "yes".      Now they've decided to live  in California (after Canada said "no" to providing free security)   they seem to have fallen in love with the media again, especially when they've got tittle-tattle about the Royals to feed them.       As for someone in the Royal staff allegedly asking what colour Archie might be ......  yes, outdated attitude & inappropriate if its true ...... but is that really the worst comment she's ever heard  about race ?       Worthy of mentioning it in front of  millions of viewers ?    Really ?

Suppose we are never going to get the full details of these mythical racist conversations then.  

Mental that you can just pull the racist card on someone these days with no details, no context. Nothing.  Then to top it all off they both are going to cover for the racist and not reveal their identity? :lol: So they are quite happy for this racist to remain anonymous. 

Total and utter...

Karl pilkington bullshit gif 4 » GIF Images Download

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep ....  a strange irony that a Hollywood TV actress who took full advantage of the entertainment media attention to further her career  is now complaining at UK media attention.   As you say, surely Harry warned her what life was going to be like if she said "yes".      Now they've decided to live  in California (after Canada said "no" to providing free security)   they seem to have fallen in love with the media again, especially when they've got tittle-tattle about the Royals to feed them.       As for someone in the Royal staff allegedly asking what colour Archie might be ......  yes, outdated attitude & inappropriate if its true ...... but is that really the worst comment she's ever heard  about race ?       Worthy of mentioning it in front of  millions of viewers ?    Really ?

I think the skin colour of the interviewer may have helped Harry and Meghan to mention race.

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I don't think you actually watched or listened to them. Your just :yadayada: because you don't like them and they had the audacity to leave the Royal family. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think you actually watched or listened to them. Your just :yadayada: because you don't like them and they had the audacity to leave the Royal family. 

It’s amazing how many cages have been rattled with that interview.:jjyay:

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Thats a very basic opinion, I watched thoroughly the full interviews.  I have stated on here regularly I have a considerable liking for Harry. I have no great emotions for Meghan, I watched her with my wife for the full run of the series Suits. I felt she was an average actress, I suspect some reason for her being selected for the role was   due to her real  parental background being of a mixed marriage and her role in the series being the daughter of a mixed marriage. Her physical appearance was perfect for the role. I am not sure how she and Harry met, I hope it was a storybook romance, but my background does tend to make me consider reasons. I felt early on that Meghan was the one to gain most in a practical manner from the relationship, the publicity alone she received was an asset and would have cost a fortune to achieve if using public relations companies. Harry I believe was thrilled to become romantically involved with someone who was not part of Britains elite. I lived with members of that type as an underling for three years. All of our officers had either a title, or parents who had so much money in industry or business that they had become acceptable. The club for the young men was Eton then Sandhurst, National Service being still a duty for all of us.

I have neither great love or disdain for the Royal Family. I had a high respect for Andrew when he flew in the Falklands conflict, I had the same for Harry when he served in Afghanistan. I still respect both for that, lesser so since their recent revelations. As a member of the public, and as a tax payer, and having offered in the military and the police  my service, faithfully and loyally, I regret that the Household has become a place of cheap rumor, unsubstantiated allegations, and splitting of a family. I sadly suspect that Meghan has told lies, that Harry has defended and covered her in these untruths, I suspect the Royal Family have been lacking in forthcoming in their role in perpetrating the problems. It is all going to end badly, but I don't see that the result will be because of hatred, but like myself disappointment in all.

Jambo-Jimbo
43 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Thats a very basic opinion, I watched thoroughly the full interviews.  I have stated on here regularly I have a considerable liking for Harry. I have no great emotions for Meghan, I watched her with my wife for the full run of the series Suits. I felt she was an average actress, I suspect some reason for her being selected for the role was   due to her real  parental background being of a mixed marriage and her role in the series being the daughter of a mixed marriage. Her physical appearance was perfect for the role. I am not sure how she and Harry met, I hope it was a storybook romance, but my background does tend to make me consider reasons. I felt early on that Meghan was the one to gain most in a practical manner from the relationship, the publicity alone she received was an asset and would have cost a fortune to achieve if using public relations companies. Harry I believe was thrilled to become romantically involved with someone who was not part of Britains elite. I lived with members of that type as an underling for three years. All of our officers had either a title, or parents who had so much money in industry or business that they had become acceptable. The club for the young men was Eton then Sandhurst, National Service being still a duty for all of us.

I have neither great love or disdain for the Royal Family. I had a high respect for Andrew when he flew in the Falklands conflict, I had the same for Harry when he served in Afghanistan. I still respect both for that, lesser so since their recent revelations. As a member of the public, and as a tax payer, and having offered in the military and the police  my service, faithfully and loyally, I regret that the Household has become a place of cheap rumor, unsubstantiated allegations, and splitting of a family. I sadly suspect that Meghan has told lies, that Harry has defended and covered her in these untruths, I suspect the Royal Family have been lacking in forthcoming in their role in perpetrating the problems. It is all going to end badly, but I don't see that the result will be because of hatred, but like myself disappointment in all.

It rarely ever ends well when a family tears itself apart in full view of the media & the public.

I firmly believe that Meghan didn't need to use the race card, somethings are best dealt with privately, as is the case with every family, as is the case in my own family, things happen and your dirty linen isn't aired in public, far less in front of millions of TV viewers.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think you actually understood my post.   :smile:    No idea why you think I'm angry (the Royals mean very little in the grand scheme of our lives, imo) - I quite admire them for their audacious  decision to turn their back on Palace lifestyle. Can't have been easy for them, especially Harry.   Fair play to Meghan for talking about her struggle to fit in, too. 

I was simply  mentioning the irony/hypocrisy of a TV actress moaning about media interest in the Royals (because they're Royal) when she's made a decent living on the back of  media interest in  attractive   female actresses. (because they're attractive).